[Drama 2013] Good Doctor 굿 닥터

mrdimples

Guest NEWMARIO

Joo Won Cast as Lead of KBS2′s ′Green Scalpel′

2013-05-28 11:30  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwahttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gifTranslation Credit : Erika Kim  http://enews24.interest.m..original articleicon_issue_1.gif
rating
  • tweettweet1tweet
  • intrestingGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0Joo Won has been cast in a lead role for the upcoming KBS2 medical drama Green Scalpel.

Sim Entertainment revealed through a press release on May 28 that "Joo Won has been cast as the lead of Green Scalpel."

58744658.jpg

The role he took up is that of the pediatric surgeon resident Park Si On. He is a kind figure, who grew up with autism and a developmental disorder caused by his father′s abuse. He grows up to become a genius surgeon as it is revealed he has Savant Syndrome, a condition in mentally challenged persons that lets them show a brilliant talent in other areas.

Shim Jung Woon, head of Sim Entertainment, said, "Joo Won believes Green Scalpel is a good chance for him to show how he has broadened his spectrum. I know he will do well because he gives his best in any role given him. I hope you continue to show support for him."

Green Scalpel will air in August.

Photo credit: enews DB

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sicknine

Calling my dearie @bobsavero you can now come to this thread!
JOO WON CONFIRMED IT!
ps I'm not Joo Won fans or any actor fans for this drama. But I'm a big fan for the writer for Green Scalpel. Really wanted to see his story in non-cable network drama :D

Ohhhhh YAYYYYYY! Drama thread is up! Really would like Joo Sang Wook to confirm it. Watching TEN 2 simultaneously. He is a total NAMJA! Loved Jung Ryeo Won is My Name is Kim Sam Soon and History of a Salaryman (esp her cursing :P ). And God's Quiz was awesome too! Hope JSW and JRW confirm them soon <:-P

From my understanding on JW's character - it seems he is born with a disorder similar to autism, but due to this he was abused in his childhood by his father who is a miner? / or as a minor Parh Shin Oh (JW) was abused with his mental incapacity hindering him? But later he was discovered with the Savant Syndrome since he could adapt to the skill of performing surgeries. Only he is a paedeatrician which might be the hindrance for him to mingle with people. Hence Dr. Choi who took care of him in the facility put him to study surgery and become a surgeon????? Any inputs?

simplydramafied1082 said: Ohhhhh YAYYYYYY! Drama thread is up! Really would like Joo Sang Wook to confirm it. Watching TEN 2 simultaneously. He is a total NAMJA! Loved Jung Ryeo Won is My Name is Kim Sam Soon and History of a Salaryman (esp her cursing :p ). And God's Quiz was awesome too! Hope JSW and JRW confirm them soon <:-P

Guest sicknine

I really hope Jung Sang Wook confirm too. He totally dashing in TEN for two seasons already.
@h2og Any news about Ju Sang Wook?

Guest sicknine

thanks @simplydramafied1082 for informed us about Joo Sang Wook confirmation news. wow. this drama will be awesome because it combine two fans channel : Joo Won and Joo Sang Wook.

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Joo-won confirmed to headline Green Scalpel

by girlfriday | May 28, 2013 | 

JooWon4.jpg

KBS’s new “human medical drama” Green Scalpel has confirmed that Joo-won has signed on to take the leading role. He’ll be reuniting with Ojakkyo Brothers PD Ki Min-soo, and starring as an autistic surgeon who’s genius-level gifted, but has the personality of a ten-year old. With Green Scalpel headed to Mondays and Tuesdays and Uhm Tae-woong’sSword and Flower set to air on Wednesdays and Thursdays, it’s going to be one happy (and busy) summer for the hyung/dongseng pair.

The new medical drama from writer Park Jae-bum of forensic procedural God’s Quiz stars Joo-won as a miner’s son, who witnessed domestic violence from his father beginning at a very young age. He has a developmental disorder that’s a type of autism, and gets a specialized education at a care center, where they find that he’s a savant. He has genius tendencies, an exceptional memory, and has a keen perception of space within the human body. Well hello there, convenient savant trait. Should come in handy on the operating table.

With the help of a guardian, he eventually becomes a pediatric surgery resident, which is where the bulk of the story will take place. I have no idea how likely all this is in real life, but it sure does make for a good dramatic arc. He’ll also have the personality and social skills of a fourth-grader, so that ought to provide some nice comedy mixed in with all the heartwarming human drama.

The production is full-steam ahead with casting now that Joo-won is confirmed for the lead — Joo Sang-wook is still being courted as a rival doctor, and the search is on for the female lead.

Green Scalpel premieres in August on KBS.

Via Osen

Guest aemi

I went back to try to find the article about Jung Ryeo Won considering the role and it seems as though it has been deleted. I'm guessing maybe her agency had it written to make the producers consider her but that she hasn't actually been cast.... sorry guys for the wrong information.

Guest reijaye

i'm so glad that Joo Won is taking this... i really love it when actors are challenging themselves
but yeah, i'm quite excited and nervous for him. i hope he will nailed this kind of character so that his doubters and haters will shut up... :P

hopefully Joo Sang Wook will accept this drama too... he's a great actor and a nice addition to the cast..

as for the leading lady... can we have two?? one for Joo Won and hopefully one for Joo Sang Wook?
no love triangle please?? :D

Guest reijaye

they are PEDIATRICIAN?? so they will be dealing with kids... i love it!!!

Joo Won leads in KBS "Green Mass"

Source | 2013/05/27 | 308 views | Permalink | 1 Comment

photo313834.jpg

Actor Joo Won has been cast for the upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Green Mass".

Joo Won takes on the role of a pediatric resident Park Si-on. In the human medical drama "Green Mass", Park Si-on is the son of a minor who was abusive and therefore Si-on suffers autism and development disability but is taken care of at a health center and not a children's facility.

This is because of Si-on's genius mind called the savant syndrome (showing outstanding perspective for the human body and long term memory). Director Choi senses the genius in Si-on and becomes his supporter, developing him into pediatric resident. However, Si-on's personality development disability is the problem. He's suffering various disabilities but he's sure about his right's and wrong's.

Park Si-on is a pure and untainted soul. He's also got the heart of a bright child and has a warm heart which cares for people. Joo Won was attracted by this fact that made him take on this role.

Joo Won's agency claims, "Joo Won is able to expand his spectrum through this role. He should do well as he is very responsible for his duties".

Previously, Joo Won starred in dramas, "Bread, Love and Dreams", "Ojak Brothers", "Bridal Mask" and "7th Grade Civil Servant". Many are thrilled to see Joo Won and this new character that he's putting on.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

cr. hancinema

Hi guys, can't wait for this drama hehe. I think it's safe to say that currently, Joo Won, Joo Sang Wook and Jung Ryeo won have confirmed. Moon Chae Won is currently still considering the role I think.
From what I can understand, Jung Ryeo Won will play Joo Won's partner. Joo Sang Wook will play Joo Won's rival. Looks like we've got an awesome cast!

Archived