[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

ET wanted to boil alive the governor and his daughter, hope he and kids will die this way.. Or maybe trapped and burned alive and I really would like to see their screaming faces before they die..
Few years back in our country an Indian Lawyer bludgeoned 5 of his clients (well known business woman, her secretary, lawyer, driver and banker) to death and had their bodies burnt to ashes. Still exist ET kind of beings on this earth today!

I really don't see how TN could say she loves her son unlike ED feelings toward TH. The only reason she fake being pregnant and even more jealously of LP because she need to produce an heir to secure her postition of Empress. ED is just more schooled in controlling her emotions than TN. I am not TN does not love Maha but it is twisted love in a way because if he dies she in danger. Just a thought about the motherly love thing with TN and ED.

sarah.lina

said:

@tessieroo, @pegster : if i'm not mistaken, WY decided to follow TN request because they (TT, BG & WY) didn't know that ET controled the patrol army, so in short, if SN would have continued her story about rebellion it would have been not only her who could have died but the entire palace (heck that ET is really powerfull), so he decided that it was a wise decision to "forget" about the attempted assassination of the Emperor, but he didn't know that TN would have used a trick on him hence the upcoming missunderstandings. ;)

@pegster - 
Exactly! WE (the audience) knew what was going on when TH lied to save everyone, but SN didn't. It's the exact same thing now with WY only instead of her Father - the person in danger is SN herself. 
I get why Bang and PBH are creating distance between SN/WY but I still think Bang keeping things from WY (the baby) will come back to bite him in the butt.  [-(  I can't imagine WY will be very forgiving about that later when he remembers all the things he did/said to hurt SN. (to push her away)
We have 14 hours or so until showtime! hapydancsmil.gif

@tessieroo : the way i understood it, TH saved his own life, WY & SN did have all the proofs against ET, ET can't take Goryo without TH's false testimony so even if he did tell them the truth, ET would have killed him and only him (well all his family...), on the contrario of WY who did save everyone here but SN.

Well i would be TH, i would have done the same, but here it's clearly betraying, he was completely aware of the consequences of his act not WY who was trapped.

They should just use THE FRIKIN' BLOOD VOW and move on! For crying out loud... because of that %$@# vow, SN stayed in Yuan... and the opportunity to kill LP and entourage presented to TN...
They dragged the blood vow plot forever implying it was enough to bring ET down... and now it's just inside of the Yuan's memory box... what good the vow will be just to read it out loud when ET is already being sentenced... The moment to use it was to get the imperial seal from him and thus get the support from the Governors and getting rid of their fear towards him... SERIOUSLY! :!!
...But I'm not mad... :D

@sarah.lina - TH was threatened by ET and they all would have died. WY was threatened by Tana (LOL) and they all would have died. (although she just says he will die along with SN) WY is smart enough to know they would all die. TH believed he was saving SN, he didn't learn until later that both she and WY were sent to the front lines at the border war against the Turks. Wasn't she supposed to have been sent back to her home? (@pegster the great? Do you remember?) 
They also have proof against ET this time, ET could not have won without WY's false testimony. It's the exact same thing - TH was aware he was "betraying SN" but not aware Commander Ki was her father. WY is aware he's "betraying SN" but was not aware Tana would try to blame SN and have her detained. 
I can think of one difference: I think WY is only trying to delay for one day? (maybe @pegster can help with this because I'm unclear) I could swear Bang (and TT) said something about needing one day. Maybe BA/TT have troops coming in but it's going to take a full day before they arrive? Whereas TH lied with no plan, except to save SN and become Emperor so he can take revenge for his Father's death - WY lied to buy some time and most definitely has a plan. 
EDIT: Oh, I thought of one more difference! TH promised SN he would help. WY has made no such promise, SN is assuming he wouldn't take ET's side against her/BA/TT and everyone else. 

@jeenee : ok, ok, i will do episodes 25-30 and 31-33 later :)] :)]

@stclaus : i think the writers did wanted to use it earlier but the PD told him : "NO!!!! HELL NO!!! didn't you see that ET clan is really popular!!" $-) $-)

@stclaus I personally don't think the blood vow is an effective tool in getting rid of ET.  No one can proof that the blood vow in TH's hands is the real blood vow the past Emperor has left behind.  The butterfly symbol, aside from TH, and Jokho, who else knows about it?  There is no Emperor's seal on it.  
ET made up his own, in the end, it'll just be a battle of words to see who can get more people on their side.
At this moment, they need build up their forces to match that of ET.  Even if TH can get everyone to believe that the blood vow is real, that would end up pushing ET to the edge, and he'll just bring in his army and outright revolt against TH.
@tessiero, yes based on the conversation TH had with BA/TT on his way back to Yuan from Goryeo, he had given orders to release SN, and let 'him' go back home.  He wasn't aware that WG/DK had taken SN along with them back to Yuan, probably with the intention of turning 'him' into a eunuch.
As with the 'waiting one day' thing, that I'm not sure about, the subs weren't really that clear, so I was a bit confused on that part.  Though it seemed apparent Bang did pass on the message to TT that ET had other troops as TT was telling BA before that whole interrogation/meeting started.
Yes,whether TH knew it or not,  I'm pretty sure if TH didn't lie at that time, ET would have brought his wrath onto everyone who was aware of it.  He would not let people live to tell the truth of him attempting to assassinate the new Emperor (since TH's brother died, he was automatically the new Emperor).  
EDIT: @tessiero I just re-watched the last 15 minutes of ep33, there was no mention of waiting a day in the Chinese subs.  The only thing is, WY asked ET what his plan of defence was. ET answered:
1st option is to get rid of all evidence against him proofing that he has committed treason2nd option to cut off his own limbs (give up some of his own men, El Plague in this case)3rd and last resort is to utilize his finances, he'll use his money to control the capital troops
If ET is controlling the troops within the capital, they're obviously within an easy reach of getting to the palace.  Although BA and TT already has their troops surrounding the palace, it was not part of their plan to have to fend off the troops within the capital.  If they had to bring in more men from their province, that's probably where the one day comes from.  From the reaction BA gave to TT when TT told him about the capital troops, BA was definitely upset and not expecting it.

pegster said: @stclaus I personally don't think the blood vow is an effective tool in getting rid of ET.  No one can proof that the blood vow in TH's hands is the real blood vow the past Emperor has left behind.  The butterfly symbol, aside from TH, and Jokho, who else knows about it?  There is no Emperor's seal on it.  
ET made up his own, in the end, it'll just be a battle of words to see who can get more people on their side.
At this moment, they need build up their forces to match that of ET.  Even if TH can get everyone to believe that the blood vow is real, that would end up pushing ET to the edge, and he'll just bring in his army and outright revolt against TH.

@stclaus: someone already mentioned it in the thread that blood vow will be used when ET clan's power is considerably weaker. But I agree with you, they should use it sooner rather than later.. They make blood vow is such a big deal in ep 10-20ish then, when SN found that Blood Vow, no one ever wanted to use it.. What the writers want actually??

On another note, I pray the curse of black magic will comeback to TN and make her and his family disappear.The actress (BJH) is cute but the character served little purpose to the story and she's just stupid selfish brat 

I am really starting to forget what the point of the whole blood letter search was about. BA said the one who had the blood letter had what was needed to get rid of ET, a now literate TH has it and nothing. The thing is TH needs his seal and an army. They, ET has been hinting that he would use his army as a last resort so no matter what political stunt is pulled, he will just call them out. Honestly, I thought when they had ET surrounded with the soldiers, they could have just killed him there. The writers might set ET's fall to be a glorious battle, where hopefully we will see SN taking part (but that is not consort like so....  8-| )

Hi all ~ dropping by to say I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments and thanks for the pics & gifs ~ (っˆーˆ)っ♥  
p.s. I'm especially loving Pegster's new persona ~Pegster The White  tuzki-bunny-emoticon-036.gif
sooooooooooooooo much better than some of the olde tymes names ...like:
The ImpalerThe BaldThe GoutyThe Flat-nosedThe One-EyedThe Hammer                  --------------> OR personal favorites "Hairy Breeches" and "Stupid Willy"   :P