[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest ravendark

Oh Ki Cheol as a master of El Cripple, interesting....

That could be possible, but in History, WY (here it's Gong Min but WY is a fictional character of Chung Hye?!?) killed Ki Cheol clan because he threatened the Goryo throne :-? :-? :-?

I dont think they have time to install that plot to drama since 19 to go. Which one they gonna add? Bayan strugle? New empress strugle? Ki becomin empress problem? Ki s son comin out ? Or havin another son and force Th for crown Prince? Lol this may go on... This drama should be 70+ episodes if all was gonna be added. If theyctry add all to 50 ep its gonna be so rushed. I reckon this drama will end with Ki gettin the crown. They will leave the rest to audiances imagination. Open end...

Guest ravendark

You don't know MBC, i'm betting that they are already thinking about the 10 episodes extension, there is too much story to tell, i don't think now they will end the drama at the 50th episode, if so, TN would be dead already alongside ET !

The Hunting Competition will likely last 2 episodes, so it's pratically impossible to end this drama at the 50th episode.

Lol thats what i wish though since for a propor story telling not even 60 enough. If i was them i would make it 100+ episodes. For examole we have this Turkish drama called Amazing Century. Its about ottoman emperor Suleiman. All facts taken from histery but fictionized.Its 4rth season now and last season. Even more fictional than history all important facts added. And tell all the events properly took 4 season. I m not sayin EK must be 4 season but at least should be enough to tell whole story facts. Like 100 ep. Without stretching time of facts 100 ep shpuld be enough.

Beside the wish, thinking the actors schedules dint think it may be possible to add 10 ep? Or is it?

@ravendark : i know the turkish drama that you are talking about (i didn't find the eng subs of this drama though, only arab one)

But yeah, 50 episodes is now too short in order to tell properly the story, i want to see BG's niece, TT as a prime minister, BG as a despot, the downfall of ET & TN, Maha getting his revenge of his late mother (TN), BG killing Maha so on and so forth >:/ >:/ >:/

ravendark said:

You don't know MBC, i'm betting that they are already thinking about the 10 episodes extension, there is too much story to tell, i don't think now they will end the drama at the 50th episode, if so, TN would be dead already alongside ET !

The Hunting Competition will likely last 2 episodes, so it's pratically impossible to end this drama at the 50th episode.

Guest ravendark

@ sarah.lina dunno if eng subbs even exsist for that drama. If find ill msg ya.

Wow! Is Maha gettin revenge and BG killin Maha!!!! U gave me shock. Is this in history or book?

@ravendark : Spoilers from the novel :D :D :D

@ChelseaS : i know it's because of that, i'm not too sure about it, but i think that in the beginning of the shoot, they have already suggested the extension, if i'm not mistaken, then in the middle of the drama, the news has resurfaced it, they cut it off because of the polemic of the next drama, now that this polemic has ended, they will most likely re-announce the possible extension... Seung Nyang is not even an Empress!!!!!!!!!!! this drama is called Empress Ki they wouldn't dare making her an empress at the 40th episode :-w :-w :-w

For those knowledgeable about South Korea's entertainment industry, with those pics that surfaced, are they already in "live-shooting" mode?

@sarah.lina
I'm so afraid of the possibility that we still have the ET clan until episode 40!!! It's already episode 32 and they are still around.
sarah.lina said: @ravendark : Spoilers from the novel :D :D :D

@ChelseaS : i know it's because of that, i'm not too sure about it, but i think that in the beginning of the shoot, they have already suggested the extension, if i'm not mistaken, then in the middle of the drama, the news has resurfaced it, they cut it off because of the polemic of the next drama, now that this polemic has ended, they will most likely re-announce the possible extension... Seung Nyang is not even an Empress!!!!!!!!!!! this drama is called Empress Ki they wouldn't dare making her an empress at the 40th episode :-w :-w :-w

Guest ravendark

@Sarah.lina i think extension will be hard and thinking @ chelseaS is right. At 40 or + we still be seeing ET clan around. Thats why i m guessing they will finish the drama when SN will become empress. So its like the story of how she become empress,not her whole life.

ravendark said: @Sarah.lina i think extension will be hard and thinking @ chelseaS is right. At 40 or + we still be seeing ET clan around. Thats why i m guessing they will finish the drama when SN will become empress. So its like the story of how she become empress,not her whole life.

Guest seohaseurri22

I dunno but at episode 40, I think ET clan will be already eradicated at that time, hell it might be if they are still alive and kicking around and making plots to put down TH and SN, it would seem to be like "story filler". @-)

But about the extension of the drama, I'll give it a 50-50 basis, since EK is popular, MBC might decide for some extension. But since it's risky and doubtful, (another production costs needed!) it might be put again to the original 50-ep drama.

@sarah.lina What's all about the book Frozen?? Tehee.

Guest ravendark

So what's the point of the second tome of Empress Ki?, it has acheving an all kill in the sell vente, it's first since a month, even the highly anticipated book Frozen is 3rd after Empress Ki Tome 2 and Empress Ki Tome 1. The Tome 2 is entirely focusing on SN as an Empress, i don't  think that the money-oriented-MBC will left that opportunity.

Well i wish theycuse it all but in 50 ep it doesnt seem quite possible. But they may bring it on like season 2 maybe after arrange all actors schedule. They may also consider this if they money oriented :)

Guest filchiny

ravendark said: @filchiny you made my day :) was about to sit to wrote few pages and saw ur msgs:) lots of thanks from this Raven:) cant help it love TalTal above all. He is a mistery but also we mostly know how will he react:) calmly enen at the face of death. 30 and 31 ep were really good. My fav line also revange talk of SN toDKS. I was shouting "you go girl:)" my cat jumped a feet high at the same time imagine how laud i was. Empress Brat was as predicted. Childish selfish arrogant and definitely has goddess complex. Since she thinks she can avoid punishment ofc she will fake sickness and come back to tangle the web. Her undoing is underestimate the Ki. For all its actuallt the fact. They all think what a mare woman can do to them. And they still act like that. ET is not stupid but arrogant. That is the biggest weakness of him. He still dont get who he is dancing with. Bayan s prophecy was hit fo me. He actually saw himself in future i guess. So we cant blame TT for betraying uncle since it was his order.:) I m still thinkin on episodes and try to figure out what is next.

Guest ravendark

@Filchiny whatcare we gonna do with this TT addiction :) we will always want to see more and i guess till the end we will. Loved the scene when TT ask el plague if hes eager to die kih kih kih.

About ki cheol, maybe hes thinking his father betrayed by his king so this may be his revenge. But it can be also pushin too much.

Merchant head can be someone we expect last. Expect the unexpected one kinda twist.

And alo it may occur as u say:) its not the thing we are unfamiliar with.

I hope we don't get an episode extension. Maybe 5 episodes, but 10 it's way too much and they could ruin everything overemphasizing some boring stuff . I think Empress Ki is a project they worked on for some years, right? Shouldn't they have it already ready?
I'm starting to think that the first scene will seriously be the last of the drama. Well, I don't mind :))

As for the Maha plot, I think that Tanashiri could do something that will take ET down. She's very protective of "her" child (I like this about her :-bd), and she will be very angry when she'll know her father, not only didn't help her to go out of the cold palace, but also tried to harm her child. So she'll do something stupid that will cause problems to ET.
Probably to protect Maha she'll reveal he's not the rightful heir, she will be executed for high treason and, thanks to Empress Nyang, Maha will not be killed but exiled...maybe in Goryeo, where he could live with his father.
I don't think there will be power struggles for Maha, because sooner or later it will be known that he's not TN's son!

I'd like this!
>:D<