[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@loli
I'm actually excited to see their relationship now, I know it won't be love from SN's side but I mean if she would trust him and work together with him as one group .... that would be great to see
but would she tell him about the baby that died....
that would have to maybe come around the time of their oalala either before or after
when he knows she is not a virgin .... but again he might know about WY then and not about her getting pregnant until SN finds out TN has her child ... and well he knows already about TN killing LP and all the other maids as well as trying to kill SN too
so he will be guessing she came back for revenge and maybe suggest they work together, her hearing TH couldn't talk will mean something to her .... specially after all what happened lately

@Ding Lin I know my answer to your question might not satisfy you but i'll give it a try...

let me be clear on this, if i had to choose a OTP, i will go for SN and WY, from episode 1, but as i keep watching it, i love Sn and TH too so to save myself from headache, i decided to become SN only shipper until our temporary Tal Tal and SN appear on the screen lol hahah...

Okay back to your questions:

Why didn't?  Since Episode three, the scenes of WY and SN are rushed and not well directed.   It seemed to me that
 the production teams did not want people to love WY/SN.  Why?  Yes we believe the scene was rushed, but if you remember after winning against Wang Go for trying to become the King of Goryeo, WY and SN loose track of each other and they were not able to contact each other since SN did not know that WY was a prince/King. SN still think WY was a general. Another thing is that after they met year after, Goryeo  was in trouble and when they met, they are trying to save Goryeo  which result to TH being in the picture of their love life so they were not able to enjoy the moment.

Also when SN and Wy met year after their winning against Wang GO, i like how WY huged her and was  happy that he/she was alive. Also it seems like when WY hug SN knowing that he/she was alive, he must have been looking for him/her in a low key way...

baically, due to the circumstance that happen to Goryeo, SN and WY was not able to truly enjoy the moment of something called "first love" and breaking up in a mutual way.

But i must they, i like how/what SN and WY first moment  were... it is really beautiful to me.... just think about it (first hug, first kiss, first hair pin, first oh la la, first mutual hand in marriage ask, first everything i could think about, first teaching of arrow shoot, first teaching of playing the tune and so on...)..

All hail to First Love!!!  its a bitter-sweet moment.

Guest anjshin

after watching episode 23 with the subs, i guess i know why SN still saved WY's skin, it's because she wanted to die with him also, but it's not yet time. ;;) ;;) ;;) that's why WY is full of anger because he doesn't wanted to die anymore with her with the same time and year,. =)) =)) what do you think @petria ?

warning to the readers: do not take me seriously,. :) my ship is my target today. :))

larabn said: @loli
I'm actually excited to see their relationship now, I know it won't be love from SN's side but I mean if she would trust him and work together with him as one group .... that would be great to see
but would she tell him about the baby that died....
that would have to maybe come around the time of their oalala either before or after
when he knows she is not a virgin .... but again he might know about WY then and not about her getting pregnant until SN finds out TN has her child ... and well he knows already about TN killing LP and all the other maids as well as trying to kill SN too
so he will be guessing she came back for revenge and maybe suggest they work together, her hearing TH couldn't talk will mean something to her .... specially after all what happened lately
mhmmm... I really don't think SN will tell TH about the baby... na, She shouldn't!! we don't want her to die.
 Lets not forget the history or culture about the king and his concubine. If SN tell TH about her baby and her not being a virgin, it will result to either SN getting killed again or being thrown out of the palace.
I think, when TH and SN start to do oh la la she might still become a "virgin" since it will have been years ago that SN and WY actually did their oh la la and that was her first time and no body dare to do any oh la la with her again so ... you know (its science, read about it lol hahha X_X X_X X_X)

But them working together is something i can't wait to see... and them smiling again is something i can't wait to see either. But how this revenge is going to take place or how they'll work together is something i am looking forward too :) :) :)

Guest anjshin

@loli: reminder, she might not have oahlalala again after years but she already gave birth that made her cervix not that of a virgin again,. :) but we might not know too because everything is going makjang when science and fiction collides. :)) :)) :))

lol... hahhahaha truw that @anjshin... (i skip the child part) but you know after not doing the oh la la la agin for year, she can still feel as if its her first oh la la la/ only TH might not know... well if Th want to do the oh la la, i hope he had a little drink so he won't know hahha =)) =)) =))  =))

Guest seohaseurri22

Now that the OOHLALA ISSUE is brought up again, I became suddenly confused especially on those previous posts regarding SN's virginity.  :-w 
Isn't it in the ancient times that a woman's virginity was so highly regarded that it was A MUST for a newly married woman to become one so that her husband would be the one to "devirginalize" her (for a woman-a symbol of purity; for a man-a symbol of masculinity)?? That was why consummation during the old times was such a festivity that the marriage bed sheets that must have "blood stains" are shown to the public for confirmation..
Yeah these rituals were part of Ancient European history, and I even read some articles that Ancient China had it to... Can somebody make this clear to me??

I'm curious about one thing, it's from the novel so @petria : don't read it! :D :D

When SN was supposed to get kicked off the palace was she a concubine or a palace maid? because in the novel it's WY who will help her to return in the palace. I'm asking this question because it seems like the drama is pretty much following the novel but this scene didn't appear yet :-??

One more prediction :D, in the beginning of E24, when TH pushed TN off with her baby, she said something really weird :
TN :"His Majesty just try to live your life like this and see... Sooner or later there will be no one beside you" --> It's that also a possible hint for his ending :-B

There seems to have weird views about virginity going around here unless it's joke central LOL You don't just revert to being a virgin just because you haven't had sex in years. Honestly, i brought that up before when i was talking about the show Camelot. Gwen slept with the King while she was engaged to Lancelot. On her wedding night, she had cow blood under her bed so when he wasn't looking she just tainted the sheet with blood. Kinda like what Tana did during her fake baby delivery.  :)) So my point is if SN wants to not be discovered, she'll probably do that. I mean i think those things do get checked out when the Emperor has its first night with the Queen or concubine. They have to make sure that the girl is actually what she claims to be LOL

seohaseurri22 said:
Isn't it in the ancient times that a woman's virginity was so highly regarded that it was A MUST for a newly married woman to become one so that her husband would be the one to "devirginalize" her (for a woman-a symbol of purity; for a man-a symbol of masculinity)?? That was why consummation during the old times was such a festivity that the marriage bed sheets that must have "blood stains" are shown to the public for confirmation..
Yeah these rituals were part of Ancient European history, and I even read some articles that Ancient China had it to... Can somebody make this clear to me??

sarah.lina said:  One more prediction :D, in the beginning of E24, when TH pushed TN off with her baby, she said something really weird :
TN :"His Majesty just try to live your life like this and see... Sooner or later there will be no one beside you" --> It's that also a possible hint for his ending :-B

@pegster Oh good to know. So I might not have to worry about SN and cow blood. LOL

I swear just watching that non sense fake baby delivery, I was facepalming at that succubus. I can't wait for her downfall.

Sooo the ED and that useless TH's tutor are the one outside Tana's pose who knows that the baby is not the real crown prince. In her pose, her evil court lady and that annoying maid know it too. I wonder if she got rid of that doctor. So I am wondering how can the ED expose her? She can't just say that she was poisoning the Empress to make her sterile. I am thinking somehow Tana's peeps might sell her out if maybe they get tortured or something? Annoying maid looks like she'll go to the highest bidder if she could so if she feels that the ET clan reign is coming to an end, she would totally sell out the Empress.

Side Note: Another character I find useless. WY's father. Goodness! He is just sitting on his throne demanding marriages and whatnot while his son is doing everything. *smh*

Guest seohaseurri22

@pegster Thanks unnie for that insight.... ok sorry for my crazy mind had just started to think of very peculiar things..lack of sleep because of studies and brain hemorrhage from watching EK twice a week make double jeopardy. Lol haha
:\">

@rinchan76 and @vu_hoa1983 - 
Fascinating discussion! My mind went in an entirely different direction. I don't believe for one second that SN thinks WY gave up on her or moved on. I feel like the moment she heard he was marrying El Terror's niece, she knew exactly what he was up to and fully supports it - even if it breaks her heart. It seems (to me) she's always supported his beliefs/ideas as King and wanted to do whatever she could to help him make things better for his people. I think she also knows nothing can be done unless he gets his throne back, which was one of the goals they both had. (Remember, during the hug flashback scene - her number one wish was him getting his throne back while his number one wish was to live with her forever) I've always felt like SN was super patriotic and loyal to her King and her country and would do whatever she needed to protect/serve both. (even to the point of risking her life, which infuriated WY) 
So are we back to the argument of love? Kinda...since I think loyalty to Goryeo and making sure WY is back on his throne is more important to SN than love or being by his side as a concubine. She's thinking "How can I help WY and my country?" instead of "Why can't I be with him?". She might even think that wanting to be by his side would be selfish of her - especially after watching Lady Park, Lady No and all those Goryeo maids be slaughtered. 
I'm NOT saying she doesn't love him or that he doesn't love her - I just think at this point in time (in this era) love was not as important. And it's been clear (to me) since the beginning that SN placed much more importance on Goryeo and her King's ability to make things better for his country. I thought that might change a bit after she had the baby (and maybe it did, in her mind) but since she no longer has the baby - she's back to thinking only of Goryeo, with revenge uppermost in her mind. 
Yuan has killed almost everyone she loves, she wants to do whatever it takes to stop them from continuing to torture/abuse Goryeo people - even if that means sacrificing herself. You could see that determination in her eyes, reading the letters her Goryeo friends gave her to pass on to their families. Her actions will likely infuriate/upset WY once he learns she's still alive and learns what she's done. He's never wanted her to sacrifice herself or risk her own life for him or Goryeo but I also thought it was one of the very things he loves most about her. 
EDIT: I feel like, for both SN and WY - stopping the slaughter and torture of innocent Goryeo citizens is more important to both of them. It has nothing to do with wanting power or wanting his title back. It's all about stopping the killing. 

chrissydiva said:

@pegster Oh good to know. So I might not have to worry about SN and cow blood. LOL

I swear just watching that non sense fake baby delivery, I was facepalming at that succubus. I can't wait for her downfall.

Sooo the ED and that useless TH's tutor are the one outside Tana's pose who knows that the baby is not the real crown prince. In her pose, her evil court lady and that annoying maid know it too. I wonder if she got rid of that doctor. So I am wondering how can the ED expose her? She can't just say that she was poisoning the Empress to make her sterile. I am thinking somehow Tana's peeps might sell her out if maybe they get tortured or something? Annoying maid looks like she'll go to the highest bidder if she could so if she feels that the ET clan reign is coming to an end, she would totally sell out the Empress.

Side Note: Another character I find useless. WY's father. Goodness! He is just sitting on his throne demanding marriages and whatnot while his son is doing everything. *smh*