[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest ravendark

I want to watch last 2 ep again with subs since want to remember clearly later:) Best ending of all seguks so far was TMTES which was well written like the drama itself. Ending of KI for me was SOSo. Still prefer the ending which @pegster fictionised before the finale. that would be a good damage control, as well as very good ending after so many damage done to wrap it up. But hey, writers prefered the shakespearian doomed ending and last scene for me was a stating as "it was fate from the beginning". Very cheap trick , yet it works well al the time. 
Nevertheles, after reading posts I made peace with it and accept it. It end and still this drama is memorable. Very good actors we watch , that was the most enjoyable part. So many not very much known actors become gods in this drama, also new few words invented lile Taltalicious, Tanasmirk etc. 
if we wrap it up; It was an awsome experience :D

Wow this was a long journey for sure. For 6 months we were togather here sharing, discussing and talkin about EK. As I mentioned before it was a great pleasure to take this rollercoster like journey togather. I enjoyed every minute of it . Special thanks to  @CherKell  for creating and keep in order of this amazing thread. Thanks to all who translated, recapped, scapped, post images /videos,  comments , fun posts for cheering the people of KI thread. Dont want to say names one by one incase of missing anyone. Good job everyone. More than Drama KI , I ll miss you a lot. I ll be around till the thread goes quite after sometime, specially for ratings and after sun effects. 
also , as I am addicted dramamaniac, I ll be watching some of the dramas (you can see the list at my signtr , and please dont drop your jaw) so hoping to meet some of you guys in other threads. 
Bless ya all and be well, till we meet again. 

I thought of an analogy for Nyangie's situation. 

Many a Korean idol was born/raised in the U.S./Australia/U.K., etc. yet they are loyal to their Korean roots and even find fame in their ancestors' land.  Does this make them disloyal to their countries of origin?  Male idols are forced to decide whether to give up their citizenship in order to be loyal to the country that has made them famous (Korea), or retain their citizenships and be deemed disloyal to Korea. 

Nyangie was in the midst of loyalty to a country which birthed her, but then disowned her (politically speaking) and the country which had received her, and in which she attained the impossible dream due to one man's love for her.  Putting ourselves in her shoes is not an easy task.  That it cost her, hell ya!  She lost everything, yet she could never go back to being Nyangie or Seung Nyang.  She was now Empress Ki, mother of the Yuan dynasty.

This is all drama talk :)] so please don't take anything too seriously.  No haters please, just EK, HJW, JCW, JJM lovers.   :x

For me,I am not satisfied with ending scene.Yes it was heartbreaking but wasn't suitable for ending.I think the best endging would be like this:Empress Ki holding Ayu's hand and standing at the throne(for which she struggeled so much) or in the palce where beautiful scenery can bee seen:EK:My son,one day you will become Emperor,and you must promist me to be a great ruler,you must for your father!Ayu:But how can i Omoni?EK:i will tell you,dear,i will help you.But you must promise me.Ayu:I will,I promise to be a great ruler for our nation,Omoni.Seung Nyang smiles and says in her mind:Peha,You will be proud of our son.Please keep us safe!
...............................................................Does this make sense?

• Like 1

Maracarrero said:

I thought of an analogy for Nyangie's situation. 

Many a Korean idol was born/raised in the U.S./Australia/U.K., etc. yet they are loyal to their Korean roots and even find fame in their ancestors' land.  Does this make them disloyal to their countries of origin?  Male idols are forced to decide whether to give up their citizenship in order to be loyal to the country that has made them famous (Korea), or retain their citizenships and be deemed disloyal to Korea. 

Nyangie was in the midst of loyalty to a country which birthed her, but then disowned her (politically speaking) and the country which had received her, and in which she attained the impossible dream due to one man's love for her.  Putting ourselves in her shoes is not an easy task.  That it cost her, hell ya!  She lost everything, yet she could never go back to being Nyangie or Seung Nyang.  She was now Empress Ki, mother of the Yuan dynasty.

This is all drama talk :)] so please don't take anything too seriously.  No haters please, just EK, HJW, JCW, JJM lovers.   :x

SongMira said: For me,I am not satisfied with ending scene.Yes it was heartbreaking but wasn't suitable for ending.I think the best endging would be like this:Empress Ki holding Ayu's hand and standing at the throne(for which she struggeled so much) or in the palce where beautiful scenery can bee seen:EK:My son,one day you will become Emperor,and you must promist me to be a great ruler,you must for your father!Ayu:But how can i Omoni?EK:i will tell you,dear,i will help you.But you must promise me.Ayu:I will,I promise to be a great ruler for our nation,Omoni.Seung Nyang smiles and says in her mind:Peha,You will be proud of our son.Please keep us safe!
...............................................................Does this make sense?

Episode 51 FINALE Ratings:

AGB Nielsen: Nationwide 28.7% (2nd; +2.5%) / Seoul 31.7% (1ST; +3.0%)
TNmS:  Nationwide 28.3% (2nd; +2.6%) / Seoul 33.9% (1ST; +3.3%)

And faretheewell to you as well, Ta Hwan.  No matter what, you will always be our Emperor Puppy and Nyangie's Love.  Safe travels to the afterlife, my dearest.  :X

P.S.  Still crying.  Can't stop.  *sob*

vlcsnap-00013_zps70e1bc65.jpg

Guest niknokdagu425

Such as sad ending for my SN and TH but at least they proclaimed their love for each other and thats enough for me to accept this kind of ending PS @Cherkell so with the ratings posted i dont get the chance to have the OST since my guess is close to the digits?thanks in advance

The picture of 3yr old JF Kennedy Jr giving his final salute to his assassinated father touched the world. 
 I have not seen ep 51 yet but there is just no mention of him at all in the spoilers.
It would have been more memorable had they created similar scene showing Ayu giving his final bow to his father.Ayu is the love of not only SN but TH and both fought so hard to make him the heir to the throne. They should not have left Ayu out in the finals!!!!!!!! Don't like the ending... poor TH poor TT!

Guest Nayuki Tran

Seriously, gasp, stare its all kara. If its not for Maha, then Th wouldnt ve killed Wy. But without Maha, Ki wouldnt ve came to Th. I thought tat either Wy or Th will live. How come! Why do they kill both of them? Sn is so pitiful.No im not content!!!!! Why do they separate the couple? They deserve more than that. They havent had enough moments together. Poor Th,poor Sn. He is he only love besides ayu and wy. Tell kea drama that the leads got separate forever. Even Rooftop prince, Gu family book, You from the stars, queeen s hyun man, the couple had happy ending at last. Why????? They love each other so much, overcome so much hardship, better than the alien-actress couple. Btw, I havent watched it yet. Did Th die right away or a few yrs after dealing with the bad guys? 

@Nayuki Tran i've just finished the raw and need to watch it with sub. But it pretty shows that there are a lot time jump since ED died. But they didn't explicitly say the exact time. Looks like TH live more than a year. at least for me (poor my heart can't contain the sadness for the couple).
All the scene in episode 51 is sad. my eyes teary from it start until it end. Thanks for all thh recappers, at least i know the main point. 

Guest p0seid0n

This is how the WY-SN ship should've ended for me, and I would be content with just this:
SN-WY ALTERNATE ENDING (WARNING: DELULU MODE ACTIVATED)
SN finds WY who is mortally wounded, and embraces him as he lays dying. In their final moments together, SN apologizes to WY and asks him for forgiveness for what has happened to him. WY tells her not to blame herself and that he accepted his fate. Meeting her was his fate and loving her until the end was his fate. He also says that never once has he regretted loving her, but that he regrets making her cry and leaving her like this. SN caresses his face tenderly as she calls him, and tears continue to fall from her eyes. WY manages to smile weakly before finally slipping into eternal sleep. The last word that escapes his lips is "Yangi-ah..." SN realizes then that WY has passed before her eyes. 
SN: Your majesty…? WY does not answer. -flashback of all their times together, up until the part where WY and SN decided to part ways-SN: Your majesty…on that day...the words that I've wanted to tell you was…never once, has this yangie-ah stopped loving you. I have always loved you, your majesty.
Fin. Okay, I'm delulu but really - I'd be happy with just that. SN could live on with TH after that, but I want SN to make it obvious that her heart was with WY at some point in their lives. I want SN and WY to have confirmation, accept that they loved each other openly instead of having to hide away their emotions. How the writers handled it was just sloppy. This love triangle was a mess.  

@SamShopWatch,...Hello,.. Thanks for answering my question...
I'm saving the last two episode to watch with subs.. I want to get the full knowledge of what's being said before I post any comments.. But just reading a few comments Sn and Th did declare their love for each other is fine with me.. 
So on this note I had a good time with all my Empress Ki People..  

While watching live stream of the final episode....run after the few minutes.....

there was a North Cape advertisement (hiking gear apparel) which have Ha Ji Won & Ji Chang Wook have inserts of "Empress Ki"....you may prefer that advertisement "alternative" ending

Guest geilbladder

Today is yhe 1st day of my mourning. I'll be wearing black until i get over TH's death. I dont care what they say at work. :bz :bz :(( :(

Guest adjani1430293095

Ok I haven't watched it due to commitments (well it comes being a mother of 2,.. especially a young new born) so I will relish the end but well since everyone has already commented on TH's demise.. I shall have that in mind. 
In my view, that is probably satisfactory.. especially for shippers.. considering both men died and well.. Empress Ki reigns :) 
Thank you all for your insight, craziness, faithfulness, support and great comments .. I am glad we were all also able to overcome the differences, agree to disagree and have a great time. 
So other than being at a loss after this drama.. er ... anyone else following something else? :) 

Guest luvjinhyuk

Wahh I'm going through withdraws knowing empress ki is done.. I want it back what am I going to do with my Mondays and Tuesdays? ? :((