[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Do u guys think ED regreted in the end what she did to TH?i think she regrated wanting to kill him seeing her face in the room after the coup and her conversation with Th when he asked her why she betrayed him and hearing him talk...She hated SN till the end and belived she is/deserves to be the Master of the Palace and Yuan but i think she regrated by her look,what do u guys think?she said TH betrayed her first by choosing SN over her but TH said she did it long ago and other things and her face looked like she felt remorse what she did to him

• Love 1

Guest chaudinh1609

Indeed the way people hug their lover when they pass away
10325397_142357609272728_556283407019845

While this scene reminds of my childhood, my Mom used to let me rest on her thigh like this, actually
mother-and-son portrait. 
Son ah, sleep well my baby =))
D8OUci.gif

Earlier on some one mentioned history whereby TH died when he was 50, ruled Yuan for 30yrs.. As is he should hardly be 25 years old???????
Did anyone apply pressure so the writers had to twist the script to let TH appear as a fictional Emperor of Yuan? Or are the writers trying to increase their ratings by giving UNEXPECTED ending?.. and TT - are the writers in such a hurry and wrote him off just like that? UNREALISTIC AND UNBELIEVABLE!
Is the writer for Frozen Flower and What happens in Bali the same writer for EKperson or related somehow?

carmolita said: I Agree.. He was clearing the way for AYU's rule.. He knew he was going to die, and only he could take them out (they're enemies/those who would oppose her) ..If he let them live they would of most certainly killed her and AYU immediatly after he was gone.  He needed to act fast not knowing how much time he had left B-) They always use this tactic in historical K-dramas ..leaving behind a decree or getting rid of their enemies as they die so that the successor will not have to deal with it during their reign...but I must say it never gets old [-(

Guest geilbladder

Why you changed the thread title so fast? :(  :((
For me the ending is satisfying. Though TH died, it is a situation that can't be avoided since the story reached the fall of Yuan (Ming Dynasty coming). They have to make him die like the writers said that some deaths cant be avoided in the story. He didnt die in war and died on her lap instead. Atleast he didnt die as foolest of the fools. Also he didnt die being "unloved" if theres a word. lol! 
SN actually didnt do anything in this final episode. It was "chill time my brain" for her. Glad that she told him she loves him sincerely (According to @Miky88 ). With that, I am totaly satisfied in this "D R A M A". That is the only thing i wanted to happen before it ends. 
Taltal's death. MY POOR GUY!!! :(( atleast i didnt see his actual death. TH's is enough. (I could have heart attack. My heart just stopped the moment his arm fell. :( :(( ) The point here was, he died for his country. It is a Noble death to him. Whatever, he still died. :((

I remember what Baek Dong Soo said about this kind of death

The last scene. :(:(( :(( :(( :(( waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! My heart. i cant!! I just cant!! It feels like my heart got stubbed. I cant clear-up my throat! It felt even worst to see your posts as we are feeling the same grief!! CHINGUUUUUUSSSS!!! :(=(( Hug please hug!I dont want to comment about the Beach Scene. Let us leave it as an open. Coz i too have my own interpretation of it according to TH death scene.
On the funny side, i thought when WY appeared, it was in heaven and he will meet TH there. hahahahahahahahhaha!!!! I was like "seriously??" hahaha! Are you guys gonna match even in that place? hahahaha!!! Am i the only one here? :)=)) =))
Anyway... that's it. I'm good with the ending. I have no regrets watching this kdrama. :)>-

@loli
Your hubby TalTalicious is so damn HOT while pulling his sword.

6gpt.gif

But I never knew~ TalTalicious has a hidden talent.
@critics and @beca
TALTALICIOUS- The last member of Jabbawockeez!

Break it down yoohhhh!66.gif66.gif66.gif66.gif66.gif66.gif66.gif
BACK-UP DANCERS
52r.gif

To all recappers, posters, silent lurkers, and all Empress-Ki-ers ... Thank you for this EK drama journey.52.gif
bjis.gif

The hidden OTP on this dramaUttered the lover's name and shed tears before the last breathe.

95x.gif

Thanks a gain to all the wonderful people on this wonderful thread....we were together sharing the good and the bad with all kinds of theory and sides but this is what made this thread fun and going and friendly,for me it was..full of friends whith who i shared the sad moments and the funny ones,learned things...so for me this thread will forever keep a special place in my heart and the people that i meet here!a very beautiful family were even if we weren't all sharing the same believes we accepted and stick till the end(which make it even more like one)...i'm not regrating the hours spent on this show,it was a beautiful drama even with all the sad things that happen and that i won't accept ..I think for those who watched Empress Ki live the feelings are much more strong and powerful than the ones who watch it all in one go,just like other shows at all...u guys know what i mean,that feeling can't be described,it's the same when u watch live,u feel pain with them,wait with them,be happy with them and we recieve the sad endings more powerful because of the emotion invested...i guess it's something good and bad at the same time...i will come again to this thread because it's like my home but i wanted to thank all the other members all the time spent togetehr on this beautiful thread >:D<u are the best!,and without seeing i hope to see many more on other threads,even if i might say it's not the same feeling,i may be a little bias but i feel this thread has a very close connection built between the members here...
and again congrats to the lucky winner who will have the pleasure to have the beautiful OST of this drama that our capitan @CherKell kindly giveaway soon >:D<

Guest p0seid0n

Ahahaha. I can't say I'm upset that TH died (I'm actually elated), but why TT too?! Sheesh, writers.
But…the real sad part is the SN now has to live her future alone as Empress Ki. Normally I'd support a spin off series, but I feel I've had enough of EK. Time to move on. Thanks for giving me good feels and headaches, EK.      

Wow that was fast!  EP 51 C-subs to English Translations

Gotcha!!!  =))
Just wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful 6+ months (for those who were in here even before the drama started).
I'm not going name any names as I'm worried I'll leave out someone, but you know who you are.
Those of you have had great discussions with me, provided many insightful and awesome comments, provided great gifs and screen captures,  humorous posts to cheer everyone up, shared news, BTS, videos, etc..THANK YOU!!
There may have been times when we had disagreed, debating (aka argued), and maybe even rolled our eyes thinking 'yah right, you're high up your ***', but in the end, it's these discussions that make the journey so much more fun.  This is probably what I will miss most from Empress Ki (well and HJW of course, duh!).
I'm sure many of us would likely have dropped this drama if it wasn't for this thread for us to give each other support and motivation to keep watching (well for me it was Ha Ji Won, not you, haha, just kidding!!!).
This will likely be my last good bye to many of you (well not really since I'll be back later with the translations, and maybe stroll around the thread for a few more days), as I generally, actually almost never watch a drama during it's live broadcast.  There are only a couple people who I'm willing to do this for, and Ha Ji Won is one of them.
If we meet again a few years down the road (in a different HJW drama thread maybe?), hopefully we'll still remember each other, and try to remember to say hi (or just ignore me).
I just want to say once again, without everyone (well maybe not everyone, but I won't point fingers), I would not have enjoyed Empress Ki as much as I did.
For the rest of the SN shippers, I'll be seeing you back at the HJW thread.
And I'm done with my good byes.

Oh yes, how could I forget, thanks @larabn for reminding me (in your post below), a big THANK YOU to @CherKell for taking over this thread and keeping it running and orderly for everyone to enjoy.  Overseeing a thread is not easy, and you had to do it for 51 episodes, over 6 months.  Thank you!

Guest luvjinhyuk

I don't know what to say this drama was soo Good up till the ending. Everyone that SN love died. I'm just speechless, sad, confused and mad :(( X( :-S

@Miky88‌ No no nooooooo :( this is why I don't watch historical drama. I think I'm just gunna skip everything and watch the part where golta was killed. I dont think I can handle all that in one episode, most likely I'll explode and die. Thanks for the info btw.