[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest ThaoL1430293631

kkkk...wang Yoo fan is like this? Today i understand what is crazy-girl(or Boy or g) fan. thanks empresski2013.

Guest walkingintherain

wow I've learned alot from this thread, and I even learned the true meaning of desperate =))

Guest larabn

OMO Thanks @tieuyeunu @daegorr for the news, I was thinking to myself  @ChelseaS is playing a very belated April fools joke on me LOL
@yoonmi66 and @ChelseaS thanks for the gif. I would love to see that scene of the gif with SN caressing TH's cheek, hope we get one soon

and so I'm confused now.....

The horse riding scene was right after where Th is dead and then the horse riding scene with SN and TH came with a voice over of her talking with Ayu...

So what does the horse riding scene with her conversation with Ayu mean then?

Thanks everybody for the news and videos

@yoonmi66 thanks for the interview, will be watching it now :)

@CherKell you watch on MBC drama or streaming?
'Cause maybe the link from streaming is the original ep.
You don't see the added scenes as in videos I posted before or in stills someone posted before?

LOVE EMPRESS KI 
LOVE the EMPEROR 
LOVE Tal Tal 
LOVED El Tumur & Bayan 
Obviously I am the emperor and Tal Tal biased fan ,, 
But I LOVE so much this drama .. it was way more than my expectation ,, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay amazing and entertaining than I believed it would be  ! 
Thankful for everybody participated in creating this masterpiece of work ! the writer , director , stylists , designers , all the staff , actors , actresses .. and everybody supported this drama .. 
So glad my love Ha Ji Won did this drama ,, as her fan I am soooooooooooo happy , I did enjoy every single moment ( except sorry some parts of Wang Yu  scenes  :P ) .. This drama got me excited almost every single episode till the very end ,, it was not boring at all for me ,, and showed me everything I loved to watch ,, I would not demand anything more except may be EK to end up with Tal Tal  :D

Empress Ki ended , but we can see many actors / actresses got busy with different projects and plans because they got recognized for their works & efforts .
Empress Ki ended , but will be forever an evidence of how Ha Ji Won has a solidified acting skill and talents .
Empress Ki ended , but for sure proved what does the talented Ji Chang Wook has yet to show ,, he is soooooooooooooooooooo talented and I would see with my very humble opinion he did show what does versatile actor mean with portraying this role , Yuan Emperor , the childish , funny , romantic ,gloomy ,  hopeless , weak , betrayed , son , father , husband , ruler , loyal , wise ( very later on TT ) , mature and responsible characters ^^ 
Hey you everywhere , please cast him in more better and better challenging roles , we are still starving to see more of this handsome TALENTED guy  
:x

Empress Ki ended , and my love & respect to Ha Ji Won will continue ..tumblr_n4x4gnOaLo1sm6bmao4_r2_250.gif

Empress Ki ended , and yet my LOVE to Tal Tal get started :x :-*

tumblr_n4he3cLG6g1r952ioo1_250.giftumblr_n4he3cLG6g1r952ioo2_250.gif
>>> me too HJW , trust , love , and gonna follow him  :\"> <:-P 
tumblr_n4he3cLG6g1r952ioo6_r1_250.gif

oh my oh my oh my  :-* tumblr_n4he3cLG6g1r952ioo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n4yjuweHum1rnicpho2_500.jpg

Oh Tal Tal ... I feel you are the only one wasted in this drama TT ... Hey You better star and lead such a very loooooooooooooooooong drama so I may not get enough of you 
:x :P
tumblr_n516i0rpkv1tv0kybo1_500.jpg
 This guy gonna make me busy >>> Mission started , investigating this actor 

:D <:-P

Guys , I am having expolsive emotion toward Tal Tal - EK couple ,, any where you know so I can share my endless love to this couple !!
I did not find a thread for them in Soompi paradise shoppers !

tumblr_n4ty5wWnJE1smf9fmo3_500.jpg

:x edit : paradise shippere 

laugh3.gif OMG, "Styx cover band" - I can't even.... (I guess my dressing up and doing the Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" dance was pretty disgusting though)  :-\"
I was going to download the episode with changes but is it really 7.8 GB? I wonder why it's so large! I'm still waiting for some type of official word about it - has MBC or anyone said anything about it? (or have any Korean articles come up about it?) So strange! 

So, the first ending that everyone watched, and the whole world got to see was just a DRAFT?!... subject to a major sponsor's approval? this new ending is the really, true final draft? or real ending?.. does it really matter now? seriously?!!!! what are we third graders?... let me see, the kids in the playground didn't like the ending, why don't we just change it to suit their preferences. BRILLIANT!!!, 'gotta hand it to you guys at mbc. good thinking! why don't we just reshoot the whole freakin' drama, and make sure the pd's,writers and producers are all in it and we make them drink poison, hang them, shoot poison arrows at them, or just plain whack 'em off in the series. that would be the best ending ever!!! 

you guys have become a joke! you've gotta be kidding me!!! how patronizing! but then again whatever floats your boat. movin' along.......closure. not looking back, not re-watching, not buying any dvds or ost. case closed. next drama please!....adios amigos.

Guest bashful

I think the PD probably wanted the alternative ending to make it more clear to viewers instead of the misleading cliffhanger. I have yet to see the alternative ending but I can't wait to see it. Regadless of this alternative ending or not... the ending for ep 51 was fine with me. It's just how I interpret it myself. Plus with the Northcape CF it was too obvious then. But I would love to see more of HJW so I am happy either way.

Out and about today -- found these on sale at my local Korean grocery store.  ㅋㅋㅋ

Bm0Xu_7CAAA2tdQ_zps157c65d6.jpg

JCWPersimmoyummies_zps44883d96.jpg
tessieroo said: laugh3.gif OMG, "Styx cover band" - I can't even.... (I guess my dressing up and doing the Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" dance was pretty disgusting though)  :-\"
I was going to download the episode with changes but is it really 7.8 GB? I wonder why it's so large! I'm still waiting for some type of official word about it - has MBC or anyone said anything about it? (or have any Korean articles come up about it?) So strange! 

Ep 51 recap is posted Here
I will not speculate at the motive for the alternate ending, but I like it. I really wished they included Ayu in the ending in some way shape or form, so I will just be satisfied with the voice over. I like how they used the conversation to convey an over arching theme through out the whole drama, Empress Ki is a figure that belongs to both China and Korea, and not being accepted by either she transcends thinking that was created by man through the creation of borders. Yuan people, Goryo people, are all people with similar stories and struggle. Although national pride and identity has it's place and importance, it does not change the fact that the people still rely on the government for protection, all people in that country, no matter what origin. There shouldn't be so much focus on her origins, but more of an acknowledgement that over time they both became her people. You can also see this in how Goryo and Yuan began influencing each ther, eventually if they remained mixed and just freely shared their culture they would have become a blended people, and Ki represents this. She became the embodiment of both Yuan and Goryo.   

now i remember about the shengnyang prince who brought the news of EK brother who died killed by King Gong Min. It's Deok Heung, the one that put poison in YES (Faith). He portrayed as someone who full of trick.After EK sent her troops to Goeryo, Choi Young's army defeat them all near Yuan-goeryo border with the help of Red Turban Rebell and that mostly the start of all the chaos in yuan that lead to it's destruction.Fact is, not long after Yuan fall, Goeryo entry new era with Joseon leads by Lee Seong Gye (Taejo of Joseon).