[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

First and foremost deepest condolence from us in Malaysia to the affected families of the tragic collapse incidence.. and hope all efforts given to bring out victims till buried under the rubbles. We had similar sad incidence many years ago and I stayed awake whole night to watch live coverage of rescue works..
Tks so much for the spoilers.. and from the bits understood so far;
TT killed Cripple to bury any evidence of the poisoned dates plot
Hope they'd play psychological tricks on TN, sending ghosts, rats, snakes and even tigers if they can find one, to scare them while in the cold Palace.
Even if SN recognize her baby she may have to pretend otherwise. Hopefully, she will also play her role by taking care of him (on the pretext of taking care of TH's baby)
The governors probably wanted to know more by attending ET feast. SN and group may devise a plan to null the decree by claiming it is faked? Probably spring a surprise to ET and others by having TH prove that it was not his handwritting? Or probably, when having the decree formally read, a new one written by TH himself is being forwarded and read in the presence of all court officials. Anxiously waiting wait for what is in store.

Ok after watching the episode RAW, here are my random thoughts :

- SN looking at Maha, i was like Dude!!!!!!!!! your baby is right here and you don't even recognize him ~X( ~X( ~X( (they've even made a slowmotion)
- TH leaning his head on SN's shoulder, oh dearrrrrr, i swear i melt at this scene, i'm glad that she's giving him a genuine support ;) ;) ;)
- WY crying after his meeting with SN, priceless ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
- I love how SN is always respecting who is above her, the way she wanted TH beside her when she met WY, was very SN like :D :D :D (she hasn't even one time lied to TH about her intention over WY, and i like that about her)
- TT, man this dude for sure knows, that he's popular now, did you all see the way he took out his sword, like he's so worth it =)) =)) =))

Yannow, the Cold Palace doesn't look that bad!  A little paint, some throw rugs, a few vases of flowers here and there... oh heck, what am I saying?!?  Just nuke the place and start over -- call in the "This Old Palace" renovation crew!  :P

redhazel said: @Miky88 - yeah I thought he gonna kiss her too but then when I saw his crown I thought 'no way he can kiss her wearing that long crown' [-X

@ChelseaS, yes it was shown.
It was the scene when SN and TH met with ED and Jang to discuss which of the governors are on their side.  The scene was after ET forced TH to stamp his seal on that abdication scroll.
Each of those blocks represent one of the governors (just as most of us thought...or was it just me :P)

That god awful lagging!! It was like I was pressing pause and play throughout the entire episode! 
~X(

pegster said: @ChelseaS, yes it was shown.
It was the scene when SN and TH met with ED and Jang to discuss which of the governors are on their side.  The scene was after ET forced TH to stamp his seal on that abdication scroll.
Each of those blocks represent one of the governors (just as most of us thought...or was it just me :P)

That god awful lagging!! It was like I was pressing pause and play throughout the entire episode! 
~X(

Guest sunshine4ever

I just finished watching episode 13 yesterday and I'm about to go on to episode 14. I know what TH will do to SN *coughs* before she is about to see Wang Yu in episode 14, but today's episode's hug between TH & SN just made me want to tear up so much just the way I was so deeply touched and moved by TH's goofy and subtle protection towards SN in episode 13. I honestly don't know if TH will become a super hero towards later episodes, but I think he's smart for being able to get SN to eat when she was all depressed hearing news about WY's death.

pMEtu4j.jpg
RbBx3Gv.jpg

He ordered her to try out food because he saw that she was not feeling well and that she looked skinnier? And in the scene below in episode 30 when SN was embracing TH, I just see that both of them can be so obedient towards each other. When you're not feeling well and someone cares to comfort you, it's hard to not be vulnerable and listen to them.

I don't know what SN was saying to comfort TH's frustration, but she was putting her hand on her heart, did she mean to say to him "Pe Ha, iif you're tired, lean on me?" lol. Okay, I don't understand Korean, so that's just my guess and he was immediately listening to her. Anyway, I don't think he was hugging her, but rather he was leaning on her and let himself be embraced by SN. I couldn't help, but noticed how SN's cheek was touching TH's ear as he leaned towards her...like his hand wasn't really pulling on her, but he leaned downward and she just finally held him into herself. Gosh, why do I feel like this embrace is an embrace of assurance?  For all these times, TH had always been so insecure about SN and SN's love for WY. It'll really break my heart if this embrace is really just for play.

Love the scene below so much...he was falling into her for an embrace...for me it just seems as though he is going to fall and know that she's going to be there to catch him. She just hugged him so tight as soon as he was leaning down. I think HJW and JCW did a great job in this scene.

cSSFfj2.jpg
J0iZrsg.jpg
rN5bpfK.jpg
xiwj5zm.jpg
IvYsd8l.jpg
wjJJvbK.jpg
EakMumX.jpg
kxtV8CQ.jpg

Anyway, I haven't watched any show where my heart is so torn. I wish I can stop going back and forth between TH and WY....lol...anyway, for now I'm just going to enjoy TH & SN together.

Hey, it's been a long time since I last posted on here. Too much has happened in real life so was behind on empress ki. Anyways, just saw ep 30. Thought WY and SN dealt with their long-awaited meeting like a boss. Looked at sunshine4ever's post (above) and aha, the good times when SN and TH were happily teasing one another and now it's all business. Really miss that playfulness, wish they'd bring it back. Wasn't particularly happy with TH at all as he still seems to be relying on SN as consort to get rid of TN for him. I think someone mentioned this on another blog, but in the throne room, you could see SN with her back straight, whereas TH was slightly hunched over. You do have a backbone, emperor, so use it - you need to have an air of regality about you! Was only slightly impressed with him in the last scene of ep 30. No idea what they were talking about but TH absolutely owned that throne room. Please, please stay like that in the future. Anyways, although I do agree that developing a slow relationship between SN and TH is good, can SN at least give some indication that she's not just indifferent to TH? It doesn't need to be a smile but perhaps her eyes could soften just a little? Hopefully, they will be able to find comfort in each other in the next 20eps. Peace.

@sunshine4ever She was comforting him telling him not to show his tears to anyone... that even if only one person believes in him,even if it's only for her  he can't ever fell down,being defeted...and he was moved by her genunine words and seeked comfort in her with i found very touching...because he let her see his weak side(we know he hates to look like this in front of her) and to rest on her and she hugged him telling him he isin't alone anymore and he can share with her from now one the bad moments,i loved how she patted him so gently,that is what TH needed for such a long time,a person to be by his side and telling him it's alright even in the most darkest moments and she accepted the hug and embraced him by her own wish,i think it is a huge step

Guest sunshine4ever

Miky88 said: @sunshine4ever She was comforting him telling him not to show his tears to anyone... that even if only one person believes in him,even if it's only for her  he can't ever fell down,being defeted...and he was moved by her genunine words and seeked comfort in her with i found very touching...because he let her see his weak side(we know he hates to look like this in front of her) and to rest on her and she hugged him telling him he isin't alone anymore and he can share with her from now one the bad moments,i loved how she patted him so gently,that is what TH needed for such a long time,a person to be by his side and telling him it's alright even in the most darkest moments and she accepted the hug and embraced him by her own wish,i think it is a huge step

hi guys >:D<why are you so happy? something good happened in ep 30? SNyang allowed TaHwan  to sit closer than three steps?this means that in ep 33 ... how close will be they? :\"> I hope you enjoy this
8-> and hopeto remember thatI have told you lately that I love you!!
>:D<
:-h

@CherKell, @ChelseaS, and @jeenee - Thanks for the live recaps!  >:D<
@ohoheli - Thanks for the screenies!  (I'm happy you're back) :D
@Miky88 - Thanks so much for translations.  ^:)^
So...Tana got sent to a cold, abandoned room full of cobwebs. (with no blankies, no makeup and no mirrors) And it also didn't look like they get any food? (or much food) Is that is?  :-w