[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest minnie0103

@lxands Regarding Lady Noh being Ta Hwan's mother... I was thinking the same thing when Chief Eunuch Deokman said that she was the late Emperor's favorite. We've reached Episode 18 and the identity of Ta Hwan's mother was never mentioned, only saying that she died already. It was not clear if his mother had become the Empress before Empress Dowager Hwang did since she is considered Ta Hwan's stepmother. It's possible, I think. And IF Lady Noh is indeed Ta Hwan's biological mother, then it means he's half Yuan, half Goryeo-born because Lady Noh told Seung Nyang she was from Goryeo too.

@sarah.lina If I'm not mistaken, Baek Jin Hee was originally set to appear in the drama up to Episode 40 only. But later, it was changed. She'll be in the drama up to Episode 50, completing the series, according to a press release. (We'll have a delusional, brat girl having a crush on Wang Yoo until the end... :P )

Guest anjshin

minnie0103 said:@sarah.lina If I'm not mistaken, Baek Jin Hee was originally set to appear in the drama up to Episode 40 only. But later, it was changed. She'll be in the drama up to Episode 50, completing the series, according to a press release. (We'll have a delusional, brat girl having a crush on Wang Yoo until the end... :P )

Guest roshan90

@minnie0103  Tanashri from 30 to 50 episodes?? X_X Some one please say this is a bad joke that the production play on people which I dont understand Jeh-Bal..

@rinchan76 I really pray whatever that blog said is not true too.. Its like that nightmare, though you dont like it, it keeps recurring just so you know you dont sleep peacefully.. Hmph..

I believe she loves Tahwan atleast a bit towards the end of the drama, Otherwise this will be the second worst drama that I watched after "When A Man Loves" LOL.

Edit: Which I remember now was also broadcasted by MBC..
  :-<

anjshin said: minnie0103 said:@sarah.lina If I'm not mistaken, Baek Jin Hee was originally set to appear in the drama up to Episode 40 only. But later, it was changed. She'll be in the drama up to Episode 50, completing the series, according to a press release. (We'll have a delusional, brat girl having a crush on Wang Yoo until the end... :P )

Guest minnie0103

@roshan90 @ChelseaS Things can still be changed, it's still too early for conclusions. Don't worry too much. :) Even I myself don't want her character to last until the very end. :P

Guest roshan90

@kaeruchan
Tahwan-Golta, Even if you dont do these similar expressions and couple shirts We would never forget that you are a couple too.. =)) =))

Yes I am a huge fan of HIW and so this drama , and I know Chang Wook since Hero drama with Lee Jun Ki , & I am Kpop fan but seriously I can not keep myself from thinking how much he is handsome in this drama !!! I would stare every time on him when he is on the screen !! he is soooooooooooo handsome !!
But Also it is a fortunate he is also a talented actor so it is a given for me to enjoy his presence in this drama ^^ 

:x :x

With all the theories floating around about the question of TH's conversation with WY in ep 1 and connecting it with WY's partnership with ET at present, as the reason SN marries TH, it has lead me to wonder what leads SN to become concubine. If the writers do not use LP as the reason like they did in the novel, I wonder if this whole blood letter deal will play a role.  As I see it her main incentive for becoming concubine is too gain power, but since being a concubine means being TH's lover, it is more of a last resort than a plan A. Therefore something must have occurred for her to realize she is in need of more power. That something maybe a foil or a hiccup in WY's bloodletter plan. It is hard to ignore Yeonhwa presence in the episodes, she is quite vigilant of her surroundings, and her awareness of SN is worse then any seasang fan. She always has her eye on SN. Also she was there when lady Noh mentioned the blood letter. We also can't forget byung soo, whose immune system is scarier than any plague or pathogen, is forever snooping around in order to lie, cheat, and steal his way into a high position. He already messed with TH's plan, from here he could only get worse. And speaking of getting worse, I highly doubt kise will leave WY alone especially when his father favors WY so much. Dankise is probably now seething with the desire to show his father that he, ET, is wrong, he, Dankise is better than WY, and kill WY. He seemed quite adamant about it when he mentioned in the last episode that SN and WY are thorns in his eyes, and his tears of blood won't dry until he gets rid of them. Since tears of blood usually indicate deep sorrow, I highly doubt he will be content until he puts them both down.  We also know that kise is suspicious of WY and will probably now be on a quest to prove it. So I can imagine he will go through great lengths to thwart and reveal WY's plans. Also since we know BJH will be around until ep 30, we may assume that this coincides with her family demise. We just passed ep 18, assuming that other things occur right before ET and his family is completely wiped out, like kise stages a rebellion, it will take maybe 10 episodes for the blood letter plot line to unfold. Frankly I feel like this is too long for WY to just continuously unleash different punishments from the curse or continuing to torment ET in such a way, it might get boring. So having the plan fail in some way may be a way to extend ET's time in power, get WY into some hot water (or at least backed into a corner), and open SN's eyes to the fact that she may need more power to be helpful towards WY to the point where she would become someone else's despite her affection for WY or would it be more apropos to say she sacrificed herself to help the one she loves be successful. 

Guest redhazel

Wowwww......

you guys are sooooo active here. I can't keep up with you even though I read this thread every day. Every time I wake up the page jump 4 pages.

I know All of us becomes crazy because there is no preview :((

We might reach 450 page when episode 19 air if all member in this thread really active like this =))

You guys awesome!!!

Love youuuuu =D> \m/

thank you guys for sharing. especially link to the extraction of the novel. i got teary eyes as i reached the last dot. sad ending for tahwan. thank god, few others highlighted the fairness of the writing and also the comb finally gave to tahwan. 
and anybody can spoil what's happening to tal tal in the book? maybe some people don't like it, please tell me through spoiler. thank you a lot :)