[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

I must applause Hong sisters once again for bringing such an awesome pinch of parodies here.. we already saw how they nailed the drama Empire of Gold parody (complete with the OST of that drama) and now after seeing episode 10 of TMS with English subbed, they managed to slip a TWILIGHT candy too!!! The Lion that falls in love with the Lamb. Only, they change it a bit.. Wolf instead of Lion and TGS is the Edward Cullen.. 
HOW GENIUS!!I have never praised a writer as much as them!! I became a crazy Kdrama holic because of Secret Garden and that's their masterpiece. Well.. it's not so hard to see why we're so in love with this TMS drama.. agree girls??
lion-and-lamb-staring-woods.jpg?w=529

credit to uploader

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 Official Korean Holidays

Chuseok (September 18 - 20, 2013)
Chuseok is one of the year’s most important traditional holidays. It is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month. Chuseok is often referred to as Korean Thanksgiving Day. It’s a celebration of the harvest and thanksgiving for the bounty of the earth. Family members come from all over the country to visit their ancestral homes.

Other Korean Holidays can be viewed here: http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/AK/AK_EN_1_5_2.jsp

I thought this episode's ghost was the scariest! I almost jumped when I saw the ghost sitting on the aunt while she is sleeping.. have you had nightmares that something heavy is pressing you down and you can't wake up even though you are trying to? waaaaaah... I will have to quickly fast forward those scenes if I re-watch this episode....
:-SS

SeGafanlady said: I must applause Hong sisters once again for bringing such an awesome pinch of parodies here.. we already saw how they nailed the drama Empire of Gold parody (complete with the OST of that drama) and now after seeing episode 10 of TMS with English subbed, they managed to slip a TWILIGHT candy too!!! The Lion that falls in love with the Lamb. Only, they change it a bit.. Wolf instead of Lion and TGS is the Edward Cullen.. 
HOW GENIUS!!I have never praised a writer as much as them!! I became a crazy Kdrama holic because of Secret Garden and that's their masterpiece. Well.. it's not so hard to see why we're so in love with this TMS drama.. agree girls??
lion-and-lamb-staring-woods.jpg?w=529

credit to uploader

HONG SISTERS' dramas will never be complete without parodies~ it's their trademark. hahaha
Big - Parody: The Moon That Embraces The SunThe Greatest Love - Secret Garden, James Bond movieMy Girlfriend is a Gumiho - (I forgot. haha)You're Beautiful - Iris, Temptation of Wife etc.Hong Gil Dong - I think there's one and forgot it. hahaFantasy Couple - Leonardo DiCaprio's movie, I think .. My Girl - James Bond (HAHA. Love this scene)Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - Full House
HAHAHA. There you are ~

Secret Garden was written by Kim Eun Sook [who also wrote Lovers Trilogy, City Hall, On Air, A Gentleman's Dignity, Heirs (2013 drama) etc. ]. Hong Sisters dramas are: Big, The Greatest Love, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, You're Beautiful, Hong Gil Dong, Fantasy Couple, My Girl and Delightful Girl Choon Hyang :)

Oeps!! Please forgive my lack of virtue.. as a mom of 2 hyperactive kids.. time is precious to me, I have not got enough time to do the research.

But still.. Hong Sisters WRnims ROCK!!!!

\m/

so the latest episode was mind boggling with all its mention of roles and symbolism everywhere...I could hardly keep track...
-- so the aunt gets hung on how she thinks dignified scholars are awesome and starts finding uncle repulsive as she spends more time with the vase and the ghost..
-- then, there is KW who says Gong shil the doll should be with Dooly the boyfriend doll, except GS likes another doll Doochi..
-- JW who wants her to be the typical candy girl where he can gift her things and then walk away when he is done except she does not want to be candy...
-- GS also tells KW firmly that she is not candy and neither is JW her prince charming. JW is just her shelter and she is just his radar and as long as there's use for her abilities, she can continue to stay next to him and she will as long as necessary even if people look down on her....
--  GS talks about the wolf and goat who are in love with each other...

what does it all boil down to? basically, we love our ideal types because it is emotionally less challenging and requires less change from us. the ideal type is safe but what happens when you meet someone who you are drawn to, who is nothing like what you imagined and who expects from you stuff that you have not imagined or prepared to give? as secretary kim said, "a heart that no one accepts is cursed. if it doesn't change, then it won't be freed either.."

Archived