[Drama 2014] Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation (감격시대)

estrellita1122

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Age of Feeling gets its hero and leading ladies

by javabeans | August 7, 2013 | 

kimhyunjoong_95.jpg

Sooooo, I’ve got some good news and some bad news for ya. And maybe some more bad news. I’ll let you decide which is which.

KBS’s 1930s period action-melo series Age of Feeling is back in action with a flurry of casting announcements, so hopefully three time’s the charm as idol-actor Kim Hyun-joong (Playful Kiss, Boys Before Flowers) takes the leading role. (The drama was previously passed up by Lee Jun-ki, who took Two Weeks instead, and Kwon Sang-woo, who took Medical Top Team.) My interest was piqued ever since I first heard this show announced, so I’m glad that it’s heading into actual production; the fizzled castings had me worried for a while. The show is set in Shanghai during the years of Japan’s occupation of Korea and much of the Pacific, which offers up plenty of opportunities for drama up in this drama.

One of the leading ladies will be played by Im Soo-hyang (IRIS 2, I Do I Do), who reportedly fell in love with the script and beat out several actresses for the role. Her character is an “ambitious and irresistible” woman with loads of charisma. She has a romantic relationship with hero Jung-tae (Kim Hyun-joong), but it’s because of his father that she loses the parents she’d only just found after ten years of separation, and thus twists their relationship into a fraught love-hate version.

imsoohyang_7.jpg

Kim So-eun (Happy Endings, Horse Healer) will be taking up another lead role (reports state that she’s verbally agreed and will be working out casting details) as a young lady with a tough, courageous attitude. (So… Im Soo-hyang is Rie and Kim So-eun is Mok Dan?) Her character becomes a singer (okay, so flashes of Lala), only to take up with the independence movement (no, Mok Dan again) once her first love dies. Thus she “holds a microphone in one hand and a bomb in the other.”

I foresee that with the genre, time period, and character types in play, Age of Feeling is sure to attract a number of Gaksital comparisons; that’s just inevitable. I do hope that the series can find a way to make this its own thing, because there’s a wealth of narrative possibilities in this world. Even if my reaction to the casting has dimmed the excitement a bit. Just please don’t pull a Poseidon with all your actor-swapping and story-sucking. Please?

Age of Feeling will be a 24-episode drama to premiere in November.

Via Star NewsE DailyTV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/age-of-feeling-gets-its-hero-and-leading-ladies/

I wish KHJ and KSO is the OTP !

[iNFO] 2 CAST BEEN READING SCRIPTS WITH KHJ
I read in a Japanese site that "Inspiring Generation" already cast 2 actresses [below]. 
The article also mentioned they held the script reading today, with Kim Hyun Joong !! 

1. Kim So Eun....hehe....Boys Over Flowers !

and 

2. Im Soo Hyang......she acted in I Do I Do...antagonist there..

feat

KIM HYUN JOONG, KIM SO EUN AND IM SOO HYANG CONFIRMED FOR “INSPIRING GENERATION”

Posted by Clockwatcher on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 

couch-kimchi.com

7w6x.jpg

A month ago, it was announced that Kim Hyun Joong was looking at the drama favorably.  The role had previously been offered to Lee Jun Ki and Kwon Sang Woo, both of whom passed it up for other dramas (Two WeeksMedical Top Team). Their loss was the singer-actor’s gain and he’s scheduled to appear with co-stars Im Soo Hyang (Iris 2) and Kim So Eun who starred with him in Boys Over Flowers.

It’s a KBS2 manhwa-based drama set in 1930s Shanghai about love, friendship and patriotism. They will be shooting on location in Shanghai, China for three months and it’s scheduled for a November premiere.

Seeing how Taecyeon’s acting has improved for his latest drama gives us hope that anything is possible. Considering that the role was previously offered to very capable actors like Lee Jun Ki and Kwon Sang Woo, one has to imagine that it will be quite melodramatic and require an actor who can successfully convey a barrage of emotions. Can Kim Hyun Joong handle it? I suppose the producers think so. We’ll see how right they are in November.

Source: UP News

[info] Update Anyway here is what I gathered about this Drama
 reposted from: czak of lovingkimhyunjoong.com 
1. Based on the comic (Manhwa) series "Age of Feeling" by Bang Hak-Ki, the same manhwa writer behind awesome Damo
2. HyunJoong is the 3rd leading actor who was offered the role,Lee JunKi was up for it first then Kwon Sang Woo. Both actors have already signed with other dramas.
3. Im Soo-Hyang will be the main lead named Ga-Ya while Kim So-Eun will be the second female lead named Yoon Ok-Ryeon. There are also rumors that Lee JaeWon from the recentlyy finished Heartless City is considering the role to make the love square of our drama.
4. Director signed up for this drama isKim Jung Kyu, he also behind other dramas that i love Sweet 18 and He Who Can't Marry. He is an okay director, not great but still acceptable.
5. It will be under KBS2's Wed. & Thu. 21:55 time slot, and will be going up against (allegedly) Beautiful Man with Jang Geun Seuk and Man From Another star with Kim Soo Hyun. So its gonna be your 3 flower boy battle for the ratings. These 3 has different genre and definitely different appeal but I think most Koreans will be tuning in for Kim Soo Hyun's Drama. I personally am leaning also to KSH's drama since it kinda reminds me somewhat of my fave American Series Roswell. But one thing is for sure. if these guys go head to head on that schedule many dramalovers will have sleepless nights trying to jungle time to make sure to get this drama watched. 
6. Production company "Golden Pine".
7. its slated to have its Filming begin on August 24, 2013 in Shanghai, China.

Anyway I gathered some more news regarding Age of Feeling/ generation of youth, here are the writers: 
Go Young-oh, Kim Jin-soo and Lee Yoon-hwan,
this information was taken from Wikipedia and Hancinema.
I don't thinks its official yet...

I actually don't know anyone of these writers or their works so my heart is uneasy and anxious. 

Anyway I searched for this drama and was directed to this link: http://blog.daum.net/softmanman/4981478
everything is in Hanja so I totally don't understand anything. 

here is a look on this manhwa (not sure if I have it correctly since I really dont read korean language:

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Lora, Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: italic; font-weight: normal; line-height: 24px; border: 0px; margin: 0.435em 0px 0.217em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: none;"A Dubious Line-Upby sunnysideitupsource: http://sunnysideitup.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/a-dubious-line-up/

cropped-trio1.jpg

Rumor has it that Flower Boy Kim Hyun Joong will have his drama comeback this November in KBS2 entitled ‘Inspiring Age’. Thereafter the confirmation, Kim Hyun Joong will indeed play as Shin Jung Tae in this 1930s theme drama. Just last year, Kim had an almost-aired drama ‘City Conquest’ which by the way failed to close a deal in a broadcasting company. In ‘City Conquest’ where Kim played a more mature and realistic role, it was supposedly a contrary role compared to his previous ones. Unfortunately, despite a good reviews about it, the drama didn’t make it to air.

Infairness to Kim Hyun Joong, ‘City Conquest’ may have did wonders into his acting which is I think to those other critics out there should give the guy a chance to show what he’s got.

Kim’s lead lady  is Lim Soo Hyang which I think did a great job from Iris2. Her pairing up with Kim Hyun Joong is somewhat questionable for me. Why? Well, I have this feeling that LSH will eat Kim’s acting up which I wish won’t happen because aside from the story plot, I really like the idea of Kim being the under dog.

Adding up on the roster, another good actress Kim So Eun. The PDs of this drama might’ve think to help Kim out on his acting that’s why they chose KSE as supporting. It’s not news that KSE and Kim already worked together in Boys Over Flowers so we can put awkwardness aside. Though KSE fans seems to be unhappy with her joining this drama. The fans are hoping for KSE to have a lead role instead of an another supporting role which I think they have a point.

I’m still skeptical about the story line of this drama. First, I haven’t read the manhwa yet and Second, I’m still not quite sure if this will click to the Korean audience. We all know ‘Bridal Mask’ just finished and correct me if I’m wrong, this drama was from the 1930s era too so I’m hoping Netizens aren’t done over with this kind of theme making this another hindrance for the drama to click.

There are lots of obstacles for this drama before it even start. Many fans still doubt if the lead roles especially Kim Hyun Joong will give justice to this drama.

Well for me, I think He will. Judging from his 180 degree transformation from a flower boy next door to a kick richard simmons hottie, I think he can and he will. And I have hunch he’s been eagerly working really hard to run away from the stereotype Yoon Ji Hoo, and by that I think he’ll do his best for that. He already did a big transformation on his looks and there’s no doubt he can do it on his acting.

To sum it up, although the line-up is quite skeptical for me… I think it will surpass the audience’s expectation. Just don’t rely too much on the casts, ‘coz they still have PDs and writers to count on with.

Let’s see.

thank you for this page...  >:D<
I have faith in HJ's acting. I believe in right timing, right script, great director and writer. Many have yet to see HJ in a fine drama and I think that he can do this drama very well. I've seen how he improves in his MV's and I think that by doing that, it needs acting, too. Two dramas will not summarize his acting career, he is only beginning. And his previous dramas I think the characters were played on how it was described and it fitted him.
I think it's time to give him a chance and also not compare him to the other actors that had been offered the roles. They are both veteran with more dramas in their careers  already, so there really is nothing to compare yet. :\">

[VOTE] KHJ IS NOMINATED @2013 21st Korean Culture & entertainment Awards

AS PART OF THIS DRAMA, CAN I REQUEST FANS AND FOLLOWERS OF THIS DRAMA TO VOTE FOR KHJ,AS AN ADDED PROMOTION  TO HELP BOOTS THIS DRAMA AGE OF FEELINGS/INSPIRING GENERATION
PLEASE CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR KHJ, HE NEEDS OUR VOTE GOGOGOO!!!! THANK YOU

http://koreanwavenewse.cafe24.com/xe/

Character Names for Inspiring generation/Age of Feelings
Shin Jung Tae – 
Kim Hyun Joong
Young Jung Tae – (?)
Gaya – Lim Soo Hyang
Young Gaya - Joo Da Young
Yoon Ok Ryeon – Kim So Eun
Aoki – (?)
Mo Il Hwa – (?)
Yang Yang – (?)
Jjang Dul – (?)
Choi Po Soo – (?)
Kim Soo Ok - Lee Seon Ho
Shin Ma Jeok – (?)
Jung Jae Hwa – (?)
Sol Du Song – (?)
Wang Baek San – (?)
Bul Gom – (?)
Hwang Bong Shik – (?)
Denkai – (?)
Shinichi – Jo Dong Hyuk
Jae Bong Sa – (?)
Aka – (?)
Shin Ka Jom – (?)
Parinoin – (?)
Omogari – (?)

[TWEET] Inspiring Age crew will be very busy starting this week to gather and purchase all necessary things needed for the drama. All working permits and transportation are being processed and requested as well. KBS Suwon Center will be the venue of most of the scenes of this drama.

<font color="#3366ff"><b>[TWEET] Inspiring Age crew will be very busy starting this week to gather and purchase all necessary things needed for the drama. All working permits and transportation are being processed and requested as well. KBS Suwon Center will be the venue of most of the scenes of this drama.</b></font><div><b><br></b></div><div><b><br>

Can i use your imformation to posted on the first page later? On the description box?</b><div><b><br></b></div><div><font color="#cc33cc"><b>Sure!- newyorkcitygirl</b></font></div></div>

Archived