[Variety] Barefoot Friends 맨발의 친구들

Guest juniestjuna

Well, I have to say episode 10 definitely give me a good laugh. It really lighten up the mood and also open up more about the members. I do hope the raring do go up. There all do their best in this show! Barefoot Friend Hwaiting!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barefoot Friends E11 Softsubs
English Subtitle by DramaFever
Edited Version by rphere

*for HDTV 720p ver.

*you can try with another version.
*edited by some punctuation and pronouns call hyung, oppa, noona and much more.
*link error please PM me.
*cr to dramafever via adskingofbeer for original version.

Guest Fdfd Sadfs

class="title" style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 20px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); margin: 0px; height: 40px; overflow: hidden; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Watch [ENG] Barefoot Friends Ep 11http://www.kshow.tv/tv-show/eng-barefoot-friends-ep-11/

I've just finished watching ep11. I must I applaud Yoon Shi Yoon's will and determination to conquer his weakness and fear.
He is afraid of water and doesn't know how to swim but he makes a personal effort to learn.

The lady swim coach is great. She's able to inspire the cast to try and jump. looking forward to the diving competition. I love how she's always very confident the Kim Hyun Joong will be able to dive from whatever height. Eun Hyuk was quite cool as well. He looks like a born diver. Yoon Shi Yoon was truly amazing. He's very brave and determined to conquer his fear, practicing diligently and willing his self to overcome his fear of height and the water. I am rooting for him.

I hope the show finds its niche soon. The cast is finally warming up to each other although I do wish that Kang Ho Dong will tone down the volume of his voice. You do not need to shout each and every time to be a good MC. What he has to do is motivate his co-hosts without breaking their eardrums. They also do not have to develop a faux relationship between KHJ and UEE like the "Monday Couple" in Running Man. They will still do just fine. What they should concentrate on is in finding good plot lines, good ideas and stories that will set them apart from the other variety shows.  There's still the new variety show, Grandpas Over Flowers that has entered the foray, so that's another show that will compete with BFF. And it's got seasoned (evil) director Na PD.

Guest Fdfd Sadfs

class="title" style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 20px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); margin: 0px; height: 40px; overflow: hidden; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Watch [RAW] Barefoot Friends Ep 12http://www.kshow.tv/tv-show/raw-barefoot-friends-ep-12/

I wish this show would finally find what their concept really is. What their aim really is. They've been floating here and there with different stuff without a basic foundation on what they really want to do. I just started watching with the diving episode and while it is funny and amazing, I feel like they have been dragging the diving thing a little too long. 
They've had 12 episodes now and I'm still confused on what they really want to offer to the viewers. The production team really has to be more creative and stand by what their goal is. They need to do it real soon before SBS decides to cancel the show altogether. 
They can really do it! I suppose the cast still needs more time to form the actual chemistry, but they'll get there. They just need to have that 'something' that would make them stand out among the many variety shows out there.

Guest DespicableC

@femalequixote thank you for posting the ep 13 preview! It cut off before the preview on the raw link I was watching earlier. I wonder why Uee is crying. I know this show doesn't really have a solid concept, but I can't help but like it. I think watching them learn how to dive has been interesting. I also like when they were going overseas and having to live like locals. I don't know how successful they would be now going back to that concept since grandpas over flowers is now on the scene and killed it so far I thought with the first episode. In ep 12 I was really surprised at how far along Yoon Shi Yoon has come with his diving and swimming. I was also really proud of Uee being able to jump off from 7.5m. I hope the show doesn't get cancelled because each cast member is actually really great individually, they've just got to learn how to be great together as a group because right now they don't feel like they're friends.

Thanks for sharing @traciecullen :)
But what on earth?!?! THEY ARE STILL FREAKING DIVING?!?! Are they planning to join the Olympics or something? I thought it's about conquering your fears and going for the jump and they've already done that!!! WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT??? I'm so disappointed with Barefoot Friends' production team. Very, very disappointed. Has SBS lost their hope for their show that they just decided to rent this diving place for a year and turn it into a diving reality program??
I just so want this show to do soooo well, and to BFF's PD, writers, editors... 
tumblr_md8a2p7pk11ql48v6o1_500.jpg

I feel so bad for the members for getting all the blame because this show is not doing well with the ratings... but what can they do but follow the PD! UGH! This is supposed to be KHD's big comeback to real variety and this is what SBS gives him? 

Guest meisaeteurn

@craptelly they're preparing to enter a diving competition, remember?

I actually do like this theme of conquering fears and I like that they have a goal which is to enter the competition.

The show just needs to be more clear with its concept and maybe not drag some scenes for too long.

I have read in other places that people are bored because its not as funny as other shows. But not all variety shows have to be always funny. There are also shows that can be heart warming and touch others. Kind of like giving others a slice of life.

I wish the best for this show because all the members and staff try so hard and it's easy to see. It would be such a pity if it gets dropped.

Honestly, I think one of the major reasons why this show isn't picking up ratings is also because the Korean audience has already been too hooked on "Dad Where are you going"

@meisaeteurn Ah, is that so? My bad, I didn't know that part!  ;)) Are they joining an actual competition? Or is the one with the idols?Nevertheless, I feel like this is not enough. Of course, let's be honest, the main goal of these shows is to gain good ratings. And with how they've been doing, they're just not doing it. Others have done the heartwarming, slice of life moments without missing the actual fun for the viewers. 
Joining a diving contest is a pretty good idea... it's really good for them. And yet I feel like they have drifted quite a bit from their original aim which is to conquer their fears. And this is the part where I worry for the show. They still don't have the exact foundation of what they are to do. You'd really see that when they pitched this show, they didn't think of long-term. 
Shouldn't these staff members start having an actual meeting and talk about it? Like, say... let's make a show that does things in impulse! Something like that... with a creative team, it wouldn't be that hard. 
But still... T_T Why baby why do they have to keep on dragging and dragging and dragging things? They should know that there are limitations and that they're doing this to entertain the audience. I feel that the reason it's boring at some parts is because it's all the footage that they have... that's just me. 
Likewise, I wish nothing but the best for this show. I actually just started watching when Eun Ji Won came in and I can't help but feel sympathy for the other members who have been working so, so hard and yet they still get blamed.
This show needs to step things up because they are pretty much behind. Because for the love of God! I don't want this show to be cancelled!
On another note, I think the softsubs for Ep 12 is here courtesy of adskingofbeer :)

:( their original concept is to go overseas and live like a citizen of that country for days. Unfortunately it didnt work out well cuz it's not what ppl there in Korea are looking for nowadays. Barefoot Friends is still new so let's all give it a chance to grow. It's not like they're gonna surpass the rival shows in just one snap, the fact that they have a serious competition because again, they are still new, is a burden to them already even from the start. Successful variety shows like their tandem Running Man suffered the same during their first episodes. I admit that sometimes when I watch BFF I feel like there's a lil bit lacking, but I don't lose hope, worry or get vexed w/ the staff or cast just because they don't meet my expectation. The ppl behind BFF know what they're doing. They won't be in that position if they don't. They are all working very hard to entertain people by giving fun & 'inspiration'. Actually that's the one missing nowadays. SBS has a very good lineup every Sunday, before we laugh out loud w/ the Running Man gang, we go barefoot by being inspired or motivated. :) You can laugh too, right? cuz I find BFF funny as well!
They are already left behind there in kr, so let's not make it worse cuz that'll be very disheartening........... ㅜㅜ Anyway, let's just support Barefoot Friends because they need us! If the Korean audience don't patronize them yet, well let's all give our best to help!

Ooh!! Here's a pic from the Masters Diving Competition (I think being held today?) Good luck to Barefoot Friends! :D

tumblr_mpr0lesTzJ1qkq34eo1_500.jpg

Yep, you're right.. I was just being so frustrated.. sigh. Because I know they have it in them...
Episode 12 is really good. It really had me laughing and even showed a few clips to my cousin. But a friend of mine noticed (she watches Barefoot Friends from time to time) and made her watch some 1n2d episodes and she told me that KHD is not as lively as he used to be.. and I somehow noticed it as well. He was so energetic and full of life.. I wish the bad comments being thrown at him won't put him down.
-- editing needs to do a better job because there are clips that are better off being cut away. I hope it's not due to them having not enough clips.

Barefoot Friends E12 Softsubs
English Subtitle by DramaFever
Edited Version by rphere

*for HDTV 720p ver.

*you can try with another version.
*edited by some punctuation and pronouns call hyung, oppa, noona and much more.
*link error please PM me.
*cr to dramafever via adskingofbeer for original version.

Archived