SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest xxzone2zonexx

well, lol since we cant sing SM songs.... I decided to try Take - "Butterfly Grave"....but i guess it doesnt matter i audition with cause im auditioning through mail & email..lol so how about other people?..

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wa <333. Ginaa XD you're amazing for having this thread. xD it's interesting.

Well =O. Although it'd never happen.. modeling. xD. Im not very pretty or anything T__T but I'm tall XD; (5'8.5" -- 174 cm) .... anyway (</end life> It wouldn't matter though because the closest place SM would come would be NYC ? and yeah; Im 5 hours from there.

but ye O_O; anyway. there was no point to this post. Just wanted to say that you rockkk <3.

^Then lower it. You know, I'm sure they don't really mind if you lower a song to fit your range. Just try to stay on tune.

my friend told me not to do that. she told me that they'd rather want to hear you sing the song in the original tune, rather than changing it lower. O_O;; hmm...

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest babiesy

^ dont worry. i have the same problem as you >< i cant really find a good song by a girl artist that i like singing to. so i think i might end up singing a song by Tim (: and besides, unless they have perfect pitch, they probably wont be able to tell if you lowered it or not especially cus you have to sing accapella which means no music allowed.

oh, thanks so much for answering my question! But I have more... :sweatingbullets: if you audition through email, do you have to include walking clips? I'm 5'7, 170 cm..I hope thats good enough? cuz I know in america models have to be 5'9 5'10. Also I'm a mix of chinese filipino and spanish..but mostly flip..do they consider accepting filipino's??

well philipino is still asian, so yeah.

and i think 170cm is tall enough (: im 170CM XDD. especially for an asian girl, thats already pretty tall. i know that for me, im like taller than all my other friends and im about the same height as most guys my age, even the same height as a lot of guys that are older than me taht are like 20something.

btw, i know i read somewhere saying that you shouldnt sing like any older "traditional" songs like over the rainbow or something..

but what about if you sang like.. an older mariah carey song like hero

would that be okay?

Guest ginaaax3

thank u!!! omg i lovee u!!! hahah jk =P but u r like the besttttt!!! and for the rhtym test like wat do u do? can u just do waves and start popping or wat?? can u can u help me with the Do Re Mi tthingyy?? idk how to do it. haha i no im stupid. and do u no if u have to have ssang ga pull (eyelids) or not? wat if u dont? would u just like not make it? thank u!

For the rhythm test, they play a song and you just dance however you feel. They have a saying, "Get the Judges attention within 5 seconds." so show your best moves within that time. And about the ssang ga pull, no, if you show talent and they think you are goo, then no, but later, they might letyou have surgery.

you know what? i am just going to audition singing too, just for the hell of it. thankyou so much for helping us. by the way, does filipino counts as asian? my friend is filipino, and she's freaking out because they're considered more pacific islander then asian. lastly, what are the common songs they play for the dance audition?

to Kc287: what you're thinking of wearing is like what you wear to a club in korea? maybe not, but it's not exactly student type clothing either. then again, don't listen to me, i am just guessing

Filipino does count as Asians, but I said before, that they want Chinese, Japanese, and Korean mostly but maybe LSM might accept you cause you might have talent. I'm sorry, I don't know what songs will be played -_- i'll try to figure that out.

No matter what you try out for, you can end up being something else right?

Cause i was originally going to try out for singing, cause i want to be a singer but my mom wants me to try out for modeling.

- and if your trying out for modeling, what do they make you do?

3 poses and walk down the aisle?

"No matter what you try out for, you can end up being something else right?" Yeah, if show you have talent in those other areas. They make you walk down the aisle, and just free style posing, and they take picturesof you. And then they might ask what else you can do, then try singing ^^

I'm sorry if this has be answered before, but yeah. Is it advised for girls to sing male songs? For an example like something by Wheesung? Oh and do people rap at the auditions?

Unless you can pull it off real well, I suggest no. and yeah people do rap ^^

I know Eunhyuk sorta mixed his up by doing rapping and singing. xD

But do you think it's ok for a male to sing a female song? (I might do one, but for like backup).

Unless you can pull it off well, no, hahaha =]

man i really really want to sing male songs... but then people told me not to and my dad told me that it will give off a different feeling when a girl sings it because the song was made originally for a guy to sing. -0-;;; but i dunno any good female songs to sing to these days and too many people are doing christina aguilera songs >0<;;; what about that song... without you by mary j. blige? the problem is that i cannot find the instrumental for that song >0<;;; for me, i cannot sing songs that are too high like mariah carey or whitney houston. my voice range is more towards mary j. blige or something lower like fly to the sky. oy... >0<;;;

-S0LLY ^3^

They make you sing without any music on the fist audition, and mary j. blige would be a good song! you sing well so i think you'll do good!

oh, thanks so much for answering my question! But I have more... :sweatingbullets: if you audition through email, do you have to include walking clips? I'm 5'7, 170 cm..I hope thats good enough? cuz I know in america models have to be 5'9 5'10. Also I'm a mix of chinese filipino and spanish..but mostly flip..do they consider accepting filipino's??

Yes, they wil probably accept you if ou are good =] And 170 CM is good, I think you have to be taller than 168 or something but 170 is good =]

wow this really help!!

omgahh im auditioning im like scared

do you think you can answer some of my questions?

Ah! Don't panic that much dear x3 And yes I can answer some of your questions --- i hope?

Wa <333. Ginaa XD you're amazing for having this thread. xD it's interesting.

Well =O. Although it'd never happen.. modeling. xD. Im not very pretty or anything T__T but I'm tall XD; (5'8.5" -- 174 cm) .... anyway (</end life> It wouldn't matter though because the closest place SM would come would be NYC ? and yeah; Im 5 hours from there.

but ye O_O; anyway. there was no point to this post. Just wanted to say that you rockkk <3.

HUAY <33333333333333333333

You should try to be a model if your that tall! Ohmygosh! I'm only 168 CM right now -_- You should try out if your confident, or if you ever visit Korea, you can go try out in seoul at their office building!

^ dont worry. i have the same problem as you >< i cant really find a good song by a girl artist that i like singing to. so i think i might end up singing a song by Tim (: and besides, unless they have perfect pitch, they probably wont be able to tell if you lowered it or not especially cus you have to sing accapella which means no music allowed.

well philipino is still asian, so yeah.

and i think 170cm is tall enough (: im 170CM XDD. especially for an asian girl, thats already pretty tall. i know that for me, im like taller than all my other friends and im about the same height as most guys my age, even the same height as a lot of guys that are older than me taht are like 20something.

btw, i know i read somewhere saying that you shouldnt sing like any older "traditional" songs like over the rainbow or something..

but what about if you sang like.. an older mariah carey song like hero

would that be okay?

Just sing a song that shows your vocal skills dear <3 somethingthat'll make them feel "That's the person we need." Good luck!

Guest xyoungwoongx

ahh im like 5'6. and im only 15. is that an okay height for SM?

i have no idea what that is in cm though

omgosh. thank you soo much for answering my uestions. such a big help :)

Guest ginaaax3

ahh im like 5'6. and im only 15. is that an okay height for SM?

i have no idea what that is in cm though

omgosh. thank you soo much for answering my uestions. such a big help :)

^ im 5'7" and im 15 (: and we still have time to grow.

so im pretty sure its a fine with SM (:

Yep, it's okay cause you still have time to grow!! =] !

Guest ginaaax3

i would put some songs that i sang but idk where to record them and pput them and i dont have a mic either. mann i want ur guys opinions.

If you don't have a microphone, you could buy one or just record with your cellphone and send it to yoru e-mail. Or record with your MP3 / I POD and put it in yoour computer.

Maybe some people should post how they sing and people can give comments in this thread.

hahaha

Guest Oyasumiyabi

Since SM wants more "school" look that shows "manners", how should the dancers dress? =x Well the dancers can't really go in skirts x.x and i don't know about others but i don't really like dancing in jeans =x but then again wearing sweats wouldn't really fit the wholoe "manners" thing.... eep...any advice? =[

Guest missGiang

^ Oh yeah I have a question about the dressing thing too...I have this really..school girl-like outfit my mom loves it on me..says I lok so proper and innocent..and I think I shoudl weari t...But...the bttom is a skirt...and I don't think people wanna see my undies when I dance right? haha So....How are we supposed to look well-mannered and still be able to move properly? ^___^

Guest ginaaax3

^ Oh yeah I have a question about the dressing thing too...I have this really..school girl-like outfit my mom loves it on me..says I lok so proper and innocent..and I think I shoudl weari t...But...the bttom is a skirt...and I don't think people wanna see my undies when I dance right? haha So....How are we supposed to look well-mannered and still be able to move properly? ^___^

Well about the skirt thing, wear jeans, but like Oyasumiyabi, if it's uncomfortable, just wear what you wear to dance (not sweats). what they mean by proper is , no reallllllly short skirts/pants, or things that show too much skin.

Guest missGiang

Well about the skirt thing, wear jeans, but like Oyasumiyabi, if it's uncomfortable, just wear what you wear to dance (not sweats). what they mean by proper is , no reallllllly short skirts/pants, or things that show too much skin.

Ohhhh I see I see...Thanks =DD You rock for making this thread hahah Well there's my excuse to go shopping again ; )

but if i record it on my mp3 it doesnt sound like myself. it sounds wayy different. so about the dressing part can i just wear jeans or capris and like a clean shirt from like aeropostale or hollister or aerocrombie and fitch or american eagle? like im thinking those shirt like its cut like a v and all u need to do is put a tank top under and it wont show n e thing. would that be good or no?

^Probably. As long as it's not actually showing anything.

Question:

What kind of appearance do they like? I know the school-girl kinda thing but I have tonnes of jeans but all my shirts are very stand out-y.

And about make-up aswell. Does that include nailpolish?

I'm addicted to nailpolish since I don't wear any other makeup other than that. So my colours are very, stand out-y aswell. Will they pay attention to that?

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

Ohhhh I see I see...Thanks =DD You rock for making this thread hahah Well there's my excuse to go shopping again ; )

lolz...MINE TOO!!! ^_^

usually about how many questions will they ask you? and like...how long should your answers be...will there be a time limit for you to answer?