SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

My god 5'10 is like 170? Thats the average height for modelling and if you have all those long feature you should definately try out and you don't have to be drop dead gorgeous, have you seen some asian models? Some of them look like ferrets LOL :x

You can never be overly tall for a model!

Is it okay if I ask how much you weigh? lol

I'm Why are you so tall I'm sixteen this year and I'm 5'3 which is sad ):

Anyway I have a question.

I have experience in acting and modelling, ever since I was young I was signed with an agency but IO havent been in contact with them for like 2 years lolol

Should I mention that?

I've had a few jobs before and yeah I wanted to audition for acting but it seemed like too much work HAHA :x

haha I just went and weighed myself. I'm 137..I dunno if that's normal for my height of not.

well I think you should mention that if they ask you about previous experiences.

actually just mention it, I'm ure they'll want to know.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

My god 5'10 is like 170? Thats the average height for modelling and if you have all those long feature you should definately try out and you don't have to be drop dead gorgeous, have you seen some asian models? Some of them look like ferrets LOL :x

You can never be overly tall for a model!

Is it okay if I ask how much you weigh? lol

I'm Why are you so tall I'm sixteen this year and I'm 5'3 which is sad ):

Anyway I have a question.

I have experience in acting and modelling, ever since I was young I was signed with an agency but IO havent been in contact with them for like 2 years lolol

Should I mention that?

I've had a few jobs before and yeah I wanted to audition for acting but it seemed like too much work HAHA :x

mention anything that you think will give you a bigger chance of making it in!!!

Guest cee.jay

I just went to convert your height and weight

YOUR LIKE 178 and I'm so jealous anyway 62 kgs to me I think is abit much for modelling but its fine aslong as you exercise and stay toned :) <3

and okay I will mention it, I might be going to the Thailand auditions (because I live here) on the 16th

Wowwwwwww am I nervous or what.

I'm trying to learn Hyoris Anymotion dance, but no luck so far ROFL ;_;

Guest bobbster

hiii i have some questions and hopefully someone could answer them please:

i was wondering if you sent in an email audition, do you still have to go to the actual auditions held in your city?

and if you do have to go to the actual auditions- for acting, do you prepare a memorized speech or do they give you something to improv? and how long is it again?

for modeling, i'm only 5'4" or so, but i was thinking of only sending in pictures if i didn't have to go the actual auditions. if not, i'll just have to do acting 'cause i'm short. :[

Guest vivosergirl

hiii i have some questions and hopefully someone could answer them please:

i was wondering if you sent in an email audition, do you still have to go to the actual auditions held in your city?

and if you do have to go to the actual auditions- for acting, do you prepare a memorized speech or do they give you something to improv? and how long is it again?

for modeling, i'm only 5'4" or so, but i was thinking of only sending in pictures if i didn't have to go the actual auditions. if not, i'll just have to do acting 'cause i'm short. :[

I'd say definately show up in person. I don't know why, but it seems like you're putting in a little bit more effort if you show up to an audition.

I think for acting auditions, you have to have a monologue memorized. I've seen a clip of Kang-In from Super Junior trying out and he prepared a memorized monologue, so... yeah...

Especially for modeling, I'd suggest going to the open auditions... so you can show them that you not only take good pictures, but you can hold a few poses as well.

And about the naive/innocent image... I think it just means that nothing should be too baring, too "mature" looking... I'd suggest dressing up neatly. Blousy shirt for girls, maybe. No miniskirts, not too baring on top. For guys, I think a nice t-shirt or polo on jeans would be fine. If you're dancing, wear your practice clothes. I've seen some audition clips of people who made it "big" (I guess???) and most of them wore what you would wear to school on a regular day. (Except Go Ara, U-know, and Sungmin, maybe? I remember they were on stage when they were auditioning.)

I highly suggest (for guys) watching the SM Audition clips of Super Junior and TVXQ members... some of them went in their school uniforms, others just sweatshirt and pants... Kang-in's audition was the most interesting, for me...

The thing about height and weight... If you're tall, that's only gonna be your advantage. If you don't feel like you are as slim as most Korean actresses and singers, it's okay! SM's training system will take that weight right off -_- Weight is something you can change with diet and excercise. And like BoA, if you have enough talent, people won't care about how tall or short.

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here but my friend is planning on auditionning but she doesn't know what song to sing ^^; So I was hoping someone could help her choose a song (preferably japanese or english) that would suit her voice?? Here's a clip of her singing Everlasting by BoA. She was planning on singing it for the audition but she changed her mind >-< Sorry if her Japanese is a bit off, she's a vietnamese singing japanese ^^;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x98tlx

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to help her choose a song! ^^

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

is the song Can't Fight the Moonlight-LeAnn Rimes okay?

for you? or was that a suggestion for mis5.veE's friend? cuz if it's for you, i think that's a good song...i think anything that can show them what you have would be a good choice ^^

Guest xx_swit_c_xx

If they told me I needed plastic surgery, I'd tell them to fuc.k off :x

but in my opinion most people chosen have really good bodies as in

-Long Legs

-Long Arms

-Long Torso

-Long Waist

anyway.

I was thinking of singing Saranghamnida by Tim for my audition or ...some english song lol there are so many I cant choose :(

But this thread is really good :) <3

If I made it through the auditions and they told me to get surgery I'd say the same.

I REFUSEEEE TO GET SURGERY... friggen koreans and their low self esteem and issues.

if you sing well enough you dont cough *need* surgery..

But yeah, I'd rather quit being a singer than go against what I've believed for the past 20 years - that I am against any plastic surgery. Why change who you are so you can get more money....? i duno. people should love you for the music not by your face =]

xx_swit_c_xx that is soo true. but like if they want me to get ssang ga pull (eyelid) surgery i would say no and ask them if i can use tape or glue. same way to get eyelids without a knife touching u. and i would say the same thing i am never ever gonna let a knife touch n e part of my body for something.

okay so...*nervous chuckle* what do you think they would do if a caucasian person tried out? would they even let you try out? and, what are the possibilities of getting called back for a second audition? lol...of course, i dun know if anyone can answer this....lol. but what do you think they would do?

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

okay so...*nervous chuckle* what do you think they would do if a caucasian person tried out? would they even let you try out? and, what are the possibilities of getting called back for a second audition? lol...of course, i dun know if anyone can answer this....lol. but what do you think they would do?

i dun think it'll work cuz they said specifically in the requirements that you had to be asian...

Guest smoothieex3

^yes, you are allowed to try out for as many things as you want :)

so on the form where it says what you're trying out for you can write singer and dancer?

Guest xingjing

Question:

Can you sing something that's not English or Korean? Like, say, Chinese, for example? I really, really can't find any good English songs. Well, like James Blunt's "You're Beautiful"... or perhaps Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful"...

Meh.

And, if I was going to try out for singing, I'd have to pass, what, a rhythm test? No. No, no, no. I'll just end up sucking and making a fool out of myself. Or, of course, I could push myself to actually try to dance... but, ah, nevermind.

The questions seem easy. If you really wanted to get in, you'd just have to answer confidently. Or, like me, just make up things. It's not like they'll really end up knowing. Well, at least making things up that would help you get into SM.

Guest xxzone2zonexx

^ you shouldn't have to make up an answer..lol if u really want it you would know wat to say..:D Also you can sing in any language...

Guest DBSK_love

^yes, you are allowed to try out for as many things as you want :)

wait..so in one audition we can try out for acting singing and dancing?

Guest ilikestupid

4. Try to put strength in your stomach, and make it stronger. Drink some air, then put strength in your bottom stomach. Do that a few times, then you get stronger for singing. Try to breathe often too, but instead of your chest coming out when you breathe, make it your stomach.

5. Practice singing! Find a song you’re not good at, and then keep on practicing that. Then you will be good at not just that song, but other ones as well.

How does making your stomach stronger make you a better singer?

Also, where do you go to see Super Junior and The Trax members and Go Ara and other SM people's audition videos? Link please