SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest ginaaax3

LovexPoison

Thank you for the comments =] Yes, this is common sense, but not many people know how hard this is, and they want to try their best, so they tend to get nervous, cause you don't know what to prepare for, so I just made this to help the people out =]

Heroz_Girl

You don't have to dance like BoA, but you need to have at least a backround for dancing because most SM people are dancing while singing like Super Junior and BOA. But if you can't dance, and you can act, or got skills for modelling, I think that you should audition to be a model/actor/actrss cause in the end, you'll end up singing if you show your talent. Cause it's like, models become actresses, and singers become movie stars, so it's all linked. Hope this helped.

Hitorijime

Those are just suggestions =] Just try to pick a song that you can sing well and it shows that you can sing. There has been two things about the dancing thing. Some people say that they will test you with a "rhythm test." where they play a song and you just dance to how your body feels like, and some people say you have to bring your own CD to dance. So if I were you, I would bring both! GOOD LUCK =]

xxzone2zonexx

No, don't do that! Just try your best, practice and practice. If you can't dance, then try another enterinament company like JYP (I think) cause Lim Jung Hee, Noel, they can't really dance like TVXQ or anything but they can sing.

M_ONE

Haha okay then! Thanks for saying this helped! Good luck! Tell me if you make it or not!

Ddong

In Korea, they suggest you wear just uniforms, but since this is in the States, don't try to wear things that show a lot of skin, or dress like you're going to a club. Just try a nice skirt that doesn't reveal to much and a nice top (if you're a girl), but nothing like ou would wear at home. Just think of things you would wear that represents... ah never mind that one, but I hope you get it =]

w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

Yes, they will ask you some simple questions like "Why do you want to be a singer?" or "Why do you want to join this company." And "what can you do that's different from others?" So be prepared =] hahaha, and for your other questions, it's in the my link where i gave for Posts no. 1~10!

love_virus

If you're actually going to go audition, I heard that they will make you walk down an aisle, then you will have to do whatever posings, like you are posing for a camera. I heard that they also film you while you walk down to see if you're photogenic. And if they think you need plastic surgery, they will do it for you for free, but some people say you have to pay $3000.00, not to sure about that. And, I heard for models, they look at 60% face and 40% talent. I'm not sure. And if your auditioning through internet, just send both body and face pictures, but nothing photoshoped, and nothing that is like sticker pictures, or phone pictures. I'm not sure about height, cause I mean if your 13 and you're 165, you can still grow, so I'm not sure about that, but It hink if they know you will be over 165, you can be a model?

SMiLE_for_S0LLY

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Can you show me the form? Or is it for filling out papers. Maybe they mean to put what else you can do -_- not to sure, I'll search for that.

yongwonhi

Thanks for the comment =] About the dancing, The answer is up above!

xloverr

When you audition there will be an audience, and there will be judges. It's like big room, on a stage. If you were auditioning in Korea, or if they have a few days of auditioning, I suggest you go watch one audition before you go audition so you know how thing work, and you won't be suprised with sudden requests.

ah_po

The answer is up above!

kibumOxyunho

I'm not trying YET, hahaha =] But if I do try, I'm not going to try for a model. For one thing, I can't sing. Haha try litening to my soundclick at soundclick.com/ginax3 ]] you'll die cause I suck. People say I should try out for a model, but I'm not that sure either. hahaha, I need to loose about a few pounds before then. hahaha

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xxzone2zonexx

lol... Thanks.. but I want SM Only...lol haha I will learn to dance.. I mean can dance in beat.. but I feel funny...HAHA...you dont have to know how to dance like a pro right?..lol Do you think it would ok if you like learn a dance routine and just show them that?..or it has to be freestyle...lol

Guest ginaaax3

lol... Thanks.. but I want SM Only...lol haha I will learn to dance.. I mean can dance in beat.. but I feel funny...HAHA...you dont have to know how to dance like a pro right?..lol

No, you don't have to dance like BoA, or like a dancing machine. Just show that you can improve, and that you will concentrate on dancing to show them that you can DO it. Like BoA, I heard before she auditioned, she wasn't the dance machine she is today, she practied 10 hours per day after she was accepted to become like how she is now! GOOD LUCK!

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

thank you for answering my questions!!! ^_^

do you think it'd be too casual to wear like jeans or something? would you highly suggest a skirt? you think pants would be fine? what about cargo pants?...sorry :(...i've been trying to figure out my outfit :P

Guest ginaaax3

ohmygosh ><

the questions part freak me out X___X

im sooo bad at answering questions like that ><

Awww =[ Don't worry, just show them that you're confident and that you can do good! I know you can!!!

thank you for answering my questions!!! ^_^

do you think it'd be too casual to wear like jeans or something? would you highly suggest a skirt? you think pants would be fine? what about cargo pants?...sorry :(...i've been trying to figure out my outfit :P

Don't stress too much about what to wear, remembering, this isn't a fashion contest, they will not send you off if you can sing and dress a bit weird. Yes, pants are fine, but don't wear pants that are like ripped in the back where they can see your butt -_- hahaha

Guest chibi_chibi

Oh... You bring your own music if you are auditioning to be a DANCER... If you're going to audition for singing, they'll just pop in a random song and you dance to it... That's what I've read... But this thread is helpful! Thanks!! And I'm also trying to figure out what to wear as well... XD

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

LOLZ!! thank you for all your help...i'll be sure to come back into this thread if anything else pops into my mind :P

Guest missGiang

I'm already nervous and it's coming like mid-September...I really want this badly..More than anything I've ever wanted...But...I honestly can't really freestyle dance..I can do choreographed dancing but...I'm just not that strong of a dancer..and I'm scared that that one little thing will lbow my chances...Ahh I type too much >__<

Guest babiesy

^ same. im not the best dancer in the world.

but dont worry. theyll teach you (:

you just have to be able to show them that you have a sense of rhythm. (:

and gina thanks for reassurring me ^^

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

I'm already nervous and it's coming like mid-September...I really want this badly..More than anything I've ever wanted...But...I honestly can't really freestyle dance..I can do choreographed dancing but...I'm just not that strong of a dancer..and I'm scared that that one little thing will lbow my chances...Ahh I type too much >__<

just dance with some personality and confidence like you know what you're doing even if you have no clue...:P heechul wasnt much of a dancer back when he auditioned but he was still accepted...as long as they see potential in you, i think you'll do fine ^_^

Guest missGiang

just dance with some personality and confidence like you know what you're doing even if you have no clue...:P heechul wasnt much of a dancer back when he auditioned but he was still accepted...as long as they see potential in you, i think you'll do fine ^_^

Hahah yeess Heechul <3 haha But then again wasn't he the MC and actor before he auditioned anyway? So people kidna already knew him?

But oh well..AJA HWIGHTING! Thank you guys for the encouragement I love you all haha You all so nice..makes me feel bubbly inside ; )

Guest ginaaax3

does n e one have a song suggestion that isnt too high or too low and its a good song to sing to?? haha cuz like i cant go too high or too low like a mediumish pitch... i would love u if u thought of a song for me! thank u!

It depends if you want to sing an English song or an Korean one. If it's English, maybe you can sing Christina Aguilera's Beautiful or Kelly Clarkson's Just Missed the Train and Britney Spear's I'm not a Girl not Yet A Women. If Korean, maybe Bada's Find the Way. Hm...Not too sure but if I can think of something, I'll tell you. Maybe Lyn's "사랑했잖아..." Sorry not to sure, i'll get back to you on that and PM you.

Don't mean to sound mean but if you can't sing high or low, or one of those, I think SM might put you into a group, until you show that you have a strong vocal thing, cause honestly, no offence to CSJH fans, some of them can't sing individually well, so they were put into a group to lean on each other, and work together, but BoA, she has a strong voice, and can go high and low at times, so she was a soloist. But then, yet, TVXQ isn't like that and Super Junior is, so you never know.

Guest 15;;1/2

What if you don't make it? Can you audition again? I want to try out since I'll be old if I wait a few more years but I'm not East Asian so I dunno.. ahahaha XD

What will make them put you in a group or something? Um, when I watched HeeChul's audition, it wasn't that exceptional..so..he was put in a group? I have so many questions in my head. XD Enlighten me.. lol

What if you can't speak Korean?

QUOTE(ginaaax3 @ Aug 13 2006, 10:51 PM)

Don't stress too much about what to wear, remembering, this isn't a fashion contest, they will not send you off if you can sing and dress a bit weird. Yes, pants are fine, but don't wear pants that are like ripped in the back where they can see your butt sleep.gif hahaha

... OH THANK GAWD!!!!! I was about to ask the SAME thing!!!! at first I was like... WTH?! SCHOOL-like dressing??? NO WAY!!!! ^ ^

my outfit is, FOR SURE, gonna have cargo pants, or at least PANTS for that matter... I mean, it MIGHT look a bit like i'm gonna be going to a club and all... but I won't be... :lol:... just some cargo pants, black tank top, a green sleeveless jacket over it with ANOTHER lighter jacket over THAT... something like that... I dunno... that's what I had in mind at FIRST... but then again, i might wanna recheck my outfit for the audition... do you think that's a bit too much??? O o

and besides the fact that i'm NOT those skinny girls, but a girl with big bones which MAKES me look... well.... BIG/FAT??? i'm auditioning for dancing, btw... that's why I was gonna ask you teh same thing...

thanks for the answer!!!

Guest ginaaax3

What if you don't make it? Can you audition again? I want to try out since I'll be old if I wait a few more years but I'm not East Asian so I dunno.. ahahaha XD

What will make them put you in a group or something? Um, when I watched HeeChul's audition, it wasn't that exceptional..so..he was put in a group? I have so many questions in my head. XD Enlighten me.. lol

What if you can't speak Korean?

If you can't speak Korean, I guess it's alright cause Han Kyung from SJ cant speak Korean until he studied. And about not being Japanese, Korean, or Chinese, I'm not so sure if you have a high chance like other japanese, Kor, Chi cause SM (according to people) is really picky and stuff about nationalities, but you know LSM, he wants to make everbody in Asia to know about this company, so if you're not East Asian, and you're good, he might use you to spread the fame and stuff =_+ I don't make sense, and yes you can re-audition. And Hee Chul, he wasn't that good, but he made it cause he showed confidence and all, so you can do it too! HWAETING!!! if you have questions, ask me dear x3 this thread is for that!

Guest 15;;1/2

Thanks again xD

I hope SM gives equal chance to all Asians.

How about auditions though email? xD Sorry.. too many questions in one day.. xDD

Guest ginaaax3

Thanks again xD

I hope SM gives equal chance to all Asians.

How about auditions though email? xD Sorry.. too many questions in one day.. xDD

No problem for the questions =] It's actually fun answering them

You can audition through e-mail. In fact, you have to fill this form out.

1. 이름, 나이, 학교, 학년, 연락처 (전화번호와 휴대폰), 주소, 신장, 체중 등.

1. Name, Age, School, Grade, Contact Number, Adress, Height, Weight.[b/]

2. 응시부문과 특기를 꼭 적어주시기 바랍니다.

2. Please write what you are good at.

3. 가지고 있는 사진을 스캔 받아 첨부하여 보내주시기 바랍니다.

(휴대폰, 캠, 스티커 사진과 포토샵 등으로 수정된 사진은 접수되지 않습니다.)

지원분야 관련하여 특기가 담긴 동영상이 있으면 파일로 같이 보내주시기 바랍니다.

Please scan pictures of you and send them,

(No cellphone, web cam, or sticker pictures. NO photoshoped either.)

* 작사 부문은 가사 첨부를 꼭 해 주시기 바랍니다.

*If you're auditioning forwriting lyrics, send us your lyrics.

E-mail : audition@smtown.com

You should send your singing clips if you want to be a singer.