[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest Tatiana Korosteleva

Hey, guys. I'm new to this forum even though I've been tracking it for a long time.After watching 1 episodes of Heirs I'm afraid to say that I'm not really into main ES, KT characters and their ship...Plus I didn't like USA scenes, I don't know, I enjoyed ES scenes in Korea with her moher much more...
But still I like this drama as I found many side characters intriguing for my taste:)I'm a big fan of possible Rachel/YD relationships. Yep, I  ship them so HARD)) I just adore those kindS of hot couples, when 2 masterminds meet each other  - ahaha to be short, I love dysfunctional couples) Thus, I agree that they have so much in potential, so please, writer-nim, don't waste such a ship in your lovely show~~
I wanted asked you one thing. We saw that KT didn't bother to go meet Rachel in the airport and even apologize for it (that was what I really didn't like, ok, I get that KT was made to get engaged with her and found her annoying, but is it that much of a bother to meet the person who comes to meet you once in a year? Just as an act of politeness and some respect? For me It's really sad when nobody greets you in the airport in the country you don't know...). But in the preview we see YD waiting for her in the airport :x Do you think that the writer might have put some meaning in this? I mean, if we compare these 2 scenes) Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased and making up things))

Hey, guys. I'm new to this forum even though I've been tracking it for a long time.
After watching 1 episodes of Heirs I'm afraid to say that I'm not really into main ES, KT characters and their ship...Plus I didn't like USA scenes, I don't know, I enjoyed ES scenes in Korea with her moher much more...

But still I like this drama as I found many side characters intriguing for my taste:)
I'm a big fan of possible Rachel/YD relationships. Yep, I  ship them so HARD)) I just adore those kindS of hot couples, when 2 masterminds meet each other  - ahaha to be short, I love dysfunctional couples) Thus, I agree that they have so much in potential, so please, writer-nim, don't waste such a ship in your lovely show~~

I wanted asked you one thing. We saw that KT didn't bother to go meet Rachel in the airport and even apologize for it (that was what I really didn't like, ok, I get that KT was made to get engaged with her and found her annoying, but is it that much of a bother to meet the person who comes to meet you once in a year? Just as an act of politeness and some respect? For me It's really sad when nobody greets you in the airport in the country you don't know...). But in the preview we see YD waiting for her in the airport :x Do you think that the writer might have put some meaning in this? I mean, if we compare these 2 scenes) Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased and making up things))

Yep. You're biased. Twisted. Aaaaaand... Welcome to this thread fellow biased and twisted chinggu. Hahaha! Ah, don't worry, you're not alone in shipping a dysfunctional (your words!hehe) pair AND making up imaginary scenes AND hates the USA scenes! Hoho! Welcome to our crazy thread! :D

And, I think YD was forced or even coerced to get her from the airport. You can see his dislike with his welcome homebanner for her and his evil smirk. Wooot!

But in the preview we see YD waiting for her in the airport :x Do you think that the writer might have put some meaning in this? I mean, if we compare these 2 scenes) Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased and making up things))

Hi guys.. You're growing so fast..

I have some questions about the heirs. On the first ep, from the conversation between KT father - Kim Nam Yoon and his step mother - Jung Ji Sook, it said that they (KNY and JJS) didn't have any child, but when the wifes met JJS and Han Kin Ae, JJS said that Kim Tan is her son (with whom), it's confusing since the introduction that I'd read KT mother is Han Kin Ae, and also KNY mention HKA as KT's Mom? So which one is correct? Whose belong to whom?

Another question is about Kim Won, JJS said that she raised him since he was 10 years old, so who is KW mother? Where is she now? Does KNY have three wifes or what? It's told that JJS is his first wife?

Jang27 said: Hi guys.. You're growing so fast.. I have some questions about the heirs. On the first ep, from the conversation between KT father - Kim Nam Yoon and his step mother - Jung Ji Sook, it said that they (KNY and JJS) didn't have any child, but when the wifes met JJS and Han Kin Ae, JJS said that Kim Tan is her son (with whom), it's confusing since the introduction that I'd read KT mother is Han Kin Ae, and also KNY mention HKA as KT's Mom? So which one is correct? Whose belong to whom? Another question is about Kim Won, JJS said that she raised him since he was 10 years old, so who is KW mother? Where is she now? Does KNY have three wifes or what? It's told that JJS is his first wife?

As far as I understood, Kim Won's mother died and he was raised by the second wife Jeong Ji-sook who didn't have any children with Kim Nam Yoon. Then he had a mistress, Han Kin Ae and they had a son, Kim Tan. To hide her from the public Jeong Ji-sook made Han Kin Ae move into their house and she adopted Kim Tan. So legally speaking Kim Tan is Jeong Ji-sook's and Kim Nam Yoon's son.Jeong Ji-sook is now the first wife because Kim Won's mother is long dead and she refuses to divorce Kim Nam Yoon.  
Wow, their family life is so complicated...  :-B

@cassopeia @roseugene

You make the sky so bright!

Thank you so much, very well explanation cingu!

It's great, KT has two moms that would do anything for him, since it seems his brother KW doesn't like JJS so much!

Now the next question is why KT looks so hate his mom HKA? Because of her behavior?

twinkystar said: yeah i agree that Tan should be more worried of Eun Sang and Chan Young rather than Young Dothere's legit reason why Bo Na go possessively crazy jealous and Tan also will get jealous when he saw the two BFF togetherEun Sang and Chan Young have special bond and they have been friends from childhood.they know each other bestand Chan Young used to have a crush on Eun Sang. perhaps deep down the feelings is still there no matter how much he likes Bo Na

@Jang27
I'm not sure that both mothers love KT a lot. His biological mom sure, we saw her calling him all the time and being upset about not answering.JJS is another topic. We haven't seen any signs of her really loving him like a son but maybe we will in the future. I don't know.My best guess as to Kim Tan's behavior would be that he blames her for being an illegitimate child and the problem it causes for his life (His brother dislikes him and his best friend Young-do didn't want anything to do with him after he found out)So maybe he blames her for not giving up her dream of becoming 'the wife' in the Kim household....

@cassopeia

Yes, I guess so..

But..

Where do you know from that YD found out already about KT biological history??

I saw ep 1 and 2 for a few times, but I couldn't find it, which scene that told YD knew KT's mom.. So your explanation would help me to watch ep 3 clearly..

Allkpop news

[spoilers!] Heirs Ep. 1: The Five Biggest Lies

Secrets and lies are mainstays of most K-Dramas, and the characters of 'Heirs' wasted absolutely no time in getting us off to a decietful start- seems like everybody's got something to hide! Let's take a look at the five biggest fibs of episode one.

'

5. HAN KI AE DOESN'T DRINK.

This one is number five because we only briefly touch on it, but it's definitely setting up for something. Mrs. Han (played by Kim Sung Ryung) is having dinner alone when her stepson, Kim Won (Choi Jin Hyuk) arrives at home. She hurries to hide her wine glass (it's the housekeeper who thinks to dump the wine in Mrs. Han's soup and hide the glass under her own apron). We don't know why she's in such a hurry to hide her glass of wine with dinner- though the fact that she orders and entire bottle of the wine be sent up to her room after Won is gone implies that there may be a drinking problem at play here.

4. YOON RACHEL WAS GREETED BY KIM TAN AT THE AIRPORT AND HE WAS HAPPY TO SEE HER.

Rachel (Kim Ji Won) is in some kind of arranged engagement with Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho). While Tan doesn't seem to care about this engagement (more on that later) it's not clear how Rachel feels about it. What is clear when she lands, however, is that she wants people back home to think that everything is peachy-keen between her and Tan. Despite the fact that she's standing around by herself at the airport with no Tan in sight, she tells her mother over the phone that Tan met her at the airport and that he thinks she's gotten prettier.

3. KIM TAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS ENGAGEMENT.

Kim Tan likes to make people think he's lazy. He's too lazy to celebrate his one-year engagement anniversary, he's too lazy to hate anyone, he's too lazy for anything. When it comes to this engagement, however, there is no way that he is just too chill to care. He said early on that he decided to be a rebel like his half-brother Won suggested when the family exiled Tan to California, and it seems like being cold toward Rachel is a calculated move of rebellion on his part.

On its own, this point probably would have been low on the list- rebel son rebels. Big whoop. But in light of what Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) told Rachel about marriages being all about acquisitions and mergers, it's possible that Tan has a plan up his sleeve. Tan makes a point of saying that his biggest rebellion against his brother is thinking, and he's had a lot of time alone to think. It'll be interesting to find out his reasoning behind ignoring Rachel.

2. EUN SEOK/STELLA IS GOING TO SCHOOL IN CALIFORNIA AND IS GETTING MARRIED SOON.

Unless living with your cheating, abusive, drunkard boyfriend who laughs when the idea of marrying you is brought up and waitressing at a cafe where patrons stick your tips in your bra counts as going to school and getting married, Eun Seok (Yoon Jin Seo) has a lot of explaining to do. This one ranks pretty high as it's a major catalyst for Eun Sang's story and we probably wouldn't have much of a drama with out Eun Seok's lies.

1. EUN SANG IS ONLY VISITING THE US.

Since 'Heirs' is all about the lives of people entangled in the corruption of the business world, it's no surprise that most of our characters have dark sides, ulterior motives, or at the very least have a chip on their shoulders. We've only met two entirely benevolent characters so far in the story- one being Eun Sang's best friend Chan Young (CNBLUE's Minhyuk), and the other being Eun Sang's mother, Park Hee Nam (Kim Mi Kyung). While Eun Sang does love her mother and appreciate the things she does (which we see when Eun Sang cries while reading through her mother's work notes), she still lies about her intentions in going to America, telling her mom that she intends to come back after Eun Seok's wedding when she actually plans to stay in the US and try to turn her life of poverty around. This lie is the only one that has the potential to hurt someone who clearly didn't do anything to deserve it, which is why it takes the top spot.

I don't like to judge a drama by its first episode, but so far I like the set up of 'Heirs'. I love that Eun Sang is smart and resourceful and can take care of herself, and I love that she's not a perfect character- did you see her chastize her mute mother for using sign language in public? That's a pretty jerk-ish move from our main character. The character lines in this drama are all tangled up, but the reveals make sense and things haven't been too complicated to follow. The cast is huge and it's going to take a while to get through all the proper introductions and exposition (three of the seven heirs haven't even been introduced yet), but the first episode was well-paced and had a palateable info-dump-to-plot ratio.

I'll be back later this week with another top five for 'Heirs' episode 2, so stay tuned! In the mean time, you can check out the first episode at Drama Fever and tell me what you thought of all our lying characters in the comments!

Read more:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/spoilers-heirs-ep-1-the-five-biggest-lies#axzz2hoDdyMxc :x :D :x

@cassopeia

Thank you so much, it's clear enough..

I read it from here too :

http://hishotnessminho.tumblr.com/post/55604517846/kim-woo-bins-character-description-in-heirs

Can't wait for the third!

OMG OMG OMG ..iVE been mia for soooo long!!!!! ..

Chingus!!! My Darling Girls....I missed You all loadz n loadzn loadz n loadz !!! Hugs!!  >:D< >:D< >:D<

sorry-cute-little-kitty.jpg

grouphug.gif

My DEAREST FAITHLINGS ..../My HEIRS

ijV542iYbbCfN.gif

there'z a great news from my end ive just recently joined a job...on oct 7th ..into totally into HR Team  ..im Glad to share it with u all ..Damn I just joined n still not clear abt My role n I can never get to meet Chinguz like you all here....which Sucks bad  !!!!! I must say im soo lost n totally OH HA NI ..in my JOB !!!!

mm8.gif

So I'm just gonna say hi over here. :-h
It was so nice to see everyone back on the thread again. It makes my cry that I couldn't be there to fangirl with y'all. :((

Chingus!!! Annyoseyong!!!  My Girls!!!

Hugs!!!!

@Yoshikitty @sia3 @Maja @vangsweetie637 @adlyn13 @guadi @awesomeduck @lynlily @katymac @deyhra  @shenny @WutHmone @LuvMinHo  @azzurri @Anomalous @violetts @dr25 @kappy @mongray @Yuuni @farstrep @Gukja @pandaeve @Hanjae @jasy @filchiny @myphim  @mattie2012 @Krrypton @laquetahodge @Harukogirl @cassopeia @pooh77 @wisteria7 @jerboa83 @luena @hayuinblue @LorenHaze@laquetahodge @Kappy..@ohohelli.@Everyone ..sorry if I missed ...but itz for ALL..

@YOSHIKITTY..Chingu missed u ....hugs!!! been mia for soo long ..Enjoyed MS and Cain and Able too itz been fun watching SJS n becoming his FAN!! ...LOVED watching entire SJS''s series with  you..

@Myphim Chingu Glad to have you back ..

@Ducky @Luvminho @Tigger @Bunny @Dr -Philipp Lee..Girls missed u ..missed all the long Chats ... give me hugs

@Vangsweetie @ Gukja..Mamma Laddle ..Miss ur lessons n Foodles n ..Howz my Young - ah Doing ??Missed him Loadz n Huge hugs from Mike the Knight ..

@SIA @MAJA...My Crazy TWINS  Chinguz HUGS !!! I know been terribly Bad girl but Wherez my GIFT??

WAE WAE WAE IS THAT WIERD GUY looking at HIM...

44717_518581108236091_2069953083_n.jpg

Angry.gif

@Everyone...DRINKS FOR ALL!!!

my-booze.jpg

party_time_gif.gif

grouphug.gif