[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest park_shindae

hahaha. what has this drama done to people's minds? i don't think KES would go for a sad ending. This drama is being waited by more than 10 countries, and the ending would definitely affect its marketability. and i don't remember KES writing a sad ending from the past. 

Guest kimmy2345k

kdramafan469 said: I don't understand why anyone would ever compare this drama to the Great Gatsby. Has anyone hear read that tale?? 1. The girl he loves is actually a distant relative.2. The girl he loves is already married.3. The girl he loves runs over a person in his car.4. He is killed because someone thinks he is the hit and run driver.
Where in that is anything like the Heirs?? THe original work by F. Scott Fitzgerald is great, but these latest movies have sensationalized and changed major parts of the story. And KT looks nothing like the flamboyant yet eccentric white man that was Gatsby.

Okay, this the last time I will talk about Gatsby I promise :) But the point of discussions from the last two or three pages is not about "predicting the ending at all," If you read it like that I don't know what to say. It was more about trying to understand these characters someway somehow on a deeper level, and using a piece of literature to compare and contrast them. Take it as some random posters agreeing or disagreeing about Heirs, its themes, and its characters. 
Gatsby was not the only work included in the assignment: 

At school during a class, HJ gives the students an assignment to read one of these books -The Sorrows of Young Werther, The Great Gatsby, Les Miserables, Anna Karenina, Pride and Prejudice- produce a response to them in a new way. She wants them to work in a group. R complains that these are all books they already read when they younger, but HJ tells them people change, so as the reader changes, so does the book. BN and CY ask ES to be in one group together. (cr. Joonni)

I don't think there is any parallels to the great Gatsby... in the great Gatsby she Never really loved Gatsby she did sleep with him because she crushed on him but when Gatsby told her he was penniless she went on the decision her parents made for her which is to marry rich. Gatsby thought that she was forced to marry he never realized that she went along with it.. once they reunite She is only dazzled by the rich and power he now holds but when he asks her to break up with her husband she can't one she has a daughter two because her love for him was not that strong to go against society.... Gatsby regardless of how he made his money was pure of heart and only love her so in his case Daisy was his downfall.. but this does not have anything to do with ES is truly in love with Kim Tan and wants to protect him in the case of ES she loves him and is afraid of ruining him so the talks and jabs Rachel and the old evil fart say to her hurt her because she believes that she is at fault in what is happening so she is trying to protect him from getting hurt further...  Daisy never did this for Gatsby she went along with what her family wanted and lived in richness she wasn't fully happy because her husband cheated on her and there was no mutual love and for Gatsby she never really loved him so there is no comparison ...I see more hints of Sleeping beauty and Cinderella in this too more than the Gatsby in concerns to the plot...

Guest iamafan1

miya_fangirl said:

vala87

said:

Lacylee

said: [...]

If I didn't know better I would think that this scene was REAL and captured by a passerby in real life who thought this couple was cute and just had to video then. They look soooooo natural and comfortable with each other. One of my favourite scene 8-> 8-> 8->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbA6Wm-ocr4#t=94
Loved it really nice wish the voices were coming like an echo but real lovely video for YD and ES shippers I am at heart KT And ES shipper but this was real lovely
credit to owner

@iamafan1
I agree with you. I saw the soft expression of LMH too during the interview, and I think, hmmm he must be attracted to her in some ways. It was so romantic of him to look at her in that loving way. Deep inside my heart I would really like to see both LMH & PSH dating each other, for the chemistry is so explosive, they look so good with each other and they compliment each other in some ways or another. I have never really shipped any Korean actors before, but I feel like they won't date anyway due to their lifestyles of being hallyu stars.