[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

@rikasnail aw, sleep and do well with your exams baby girl. :) Don't be like Kim Tan, okay? Hehehe! Aim for Chan Young's place! haha!

@urpyi hello!! um, kindly edit and remove the pix on your qouted post pls? it's sorta against the rules here and maja maaay post those rules again. Hehe. Thaaaaanks! :)

EDIT:

PS

KIM EUN SOOK unnie. NO OPEN ENDINGS as well. Like Kim Tan, I don't do middle ground. Okay? Be kind to us poor souls. It's gonna be christmas. Come on, give us a very happy ending. Heehee.

Yeah, at this point I'm not betting on anything. Just like I thought Heirs was a romcom but it's turned out to be the opposite.

The Gatsby references have always been there but I didn't think KES would go that route. "New Money," "dream," Bona's gift to Tan for their two months anniversary was the novel itself, etc...

It makes much more sense now to see Tan in the same light as Jay Gatsby. Both are obssesed with first love and go so far as to change their existence so they can be closed to their first loves. Tan has always asked ES to wait for him much like Gatsby did, but ES has always been the person who runs away. ES like Daisy is very hard to grasp.

Anyway, happy ending we pray :)

hyall said: I do not want to burst too many bubbles but she did do Lovers in Paris and that ending I must say I hated it in fact I did not watch the ending and stopped at the where she left so don't be too hasty about good endings. Sorry do not kill me. I must say though she wrote a fabulous story with engaging characters  just that the ending absolutely sucked.Although that is just one in all the other happy endings so may be she was just experimenting with Lovers in Paris.

Hey guys :) First time posting here, all of you are awesome and funny, love reading your comments.
I don't think the Heirs will have a bad ending, it just doesn't give me that vibe, the writer knows millions of people are watching it and I don't think she would want them get all mad and angry at her! This story is mostly based around young people's life story and their struggles, the ending must be a positive one so the audience can feel contented and happy and actually take a lesson out of it. I really think a bad ending it's not in the nature of this drama, it just doesn't go with it, the material offered so far gives me hope it will have a happy ending.
I may be proved wrong though, nothing is for sure but I still will believe this until the end :)

I don't understand why anyone would ever compare this drama to the Great Gatsby. Has anyone hear read that tale?? 1. The girl he loves is actually a distant relative.2. The girl he loves is already married.3. The girl he loves runs over a person in his car.4. He is killed because someone thinks he is the hit and run driver.
Where in that is anything like the Heirs?? THe original work by F. Scott Fitzgerald is great, but these latest movies have sensationalized and changed major parts of the story. And KT looks nothing like the flamboyant yet eccentric white man that was Gatsby.

Guest kaleidoscopegirl

Woke up to a lot of BTS pics, thanks everyone! You guys are the best!  >:D
And woah, theres talks about death and killings!:-O See SBS? This is what happens when there's no preview!:-j You guys are learning from ES, these are her favorite movie plots, but even she wants a happy ending! And all of us want that too :D I agree with @stucked, I don't do middle ground either, it better be a happily ever after with a lot of sweet and steamy scenes :x that will burn my eyes and make me drool with envy>:) I mean c'mon, its only 4 eps remaining right, KT and ES deserve it, we deserve it, everyone deserves it!:D

guadi said: Yeah, at this point I'm not betting on anything. Just like I thought Heirs was a romcom but it's turned out to be the opposite. The Gatsby references have always been there but I didn't think KES would go that route. "New Money," "dream," Bona's gift to Tan for their two months anniversary was the novel itself, etc... It makes much more sense now to see Tan in the same light as Jay Gatsby. Both are obssesed with first love and go so far as to change their existence so they can be closed to their first loves. Tan has always asked ES to wait for him much like Gatsby did, but ES has always been the person who runs away. ES like Daisy is very hard to grasp. Anyway, happy ending we pray :)

So I guess no extension since the second trailer for 'You who came from the stars' showed that it will start on 18th December. But we still got 2 weeks and 4 episodes left and as this week showed, writer-nim can do a lot in 59 minutes. Sorry, this weekend has been a bit busy for me, so I'm a bit late, it’s irritating if RL gets in the way of your latest drama addiction.  :((

Episode 15

Hearing about ES/Tan's kiss YD leaves the party and Rachel decides to kiss HS to make it awkward between him and Tan. I guess you do strange things when your feelings are hurt. I really don't see how Rachel's plan would work. At least one of the guys should be in love with her to make it a success. Watch more dramas Rachel, you failed to grasp the most important point of love triangles. lol

My other OTP of ES and Tan's mom play CSI and open the chairman’s safe with the photos of Yoon and Esther kissing. I love ES' mother. Even though she is mute, she is shown as a capable person on this show and she takes care of Tan's mother. I almost want ES and Tan only to be together because their mothers would make an awesome pair of in-laws.

Poor BN, everybody just keeps on kissing on her party and it's not her and CY. Why is everybody so inconsiderate? lol Drunk ES is cute and confesses her love to Kim Tan. She thinks that Tan keeps running into misfortune because of her. I like how writer-nim keeps on developing her characters steadily. And drunk ES even wants to hold hand with him, so Tan blows on her hands to make them warm.  :x  We need a double date with BN/CY and if it’s just in the last episode with the two couples meeting up in the future.

Tan's mother wants to use the pictures to rescue her son's engagement but after being asked if being Kim Tan's mother is not enough for her, she changes her mind. Makes you wish that Tan’s father would also desire to act like a loving father. *sigh*

HS' parents don't make a big deal out of HS not taking the college exam; they simply decide that he will go to law school next year. I'm so glad that he's OK; I was worried that he would do something more drastic. HS' parents put their dream about their son above the dream of HS himself. I really don't know what to expect with his character, sad ending to serve as a drastic example or happy and show how he can overcome his over-bearing parents.

Rachel's plan obviously failed and there is no awkwardness between Tan and HS, they act like always when meeting in school the next day. YD saves ES from a couple of girls ganging up on her. The black knight, white prince joke was funny but I really like how YD continues to open up to ES, now they can even have a real conversation.

YD and Tan are in trouble because YD's dad and Won show up at school. Lol Their shocked expressions were hilarious. They cutely try to figure out what to tell them before getting called into the principal’s office. YD's father is weirdly happy about YD beating Tan by two places in the school ranking. And Won is surprisingly shocked about the last place of his brother. First, Tan looks like a beaten puppy but when he realizes that Won cares about his ranking, he's instantly happy.

Tan's mother meets Rachel's mother to have her cancel the engagement officially. I like that she doesn't appear arrogant or mean but tries to convince Esther without the pictures and only when she refuses she uses them and even apologizes. She only does it because she wants to do something for her son.

BN and CY decide it's time for more bromance and put YD, Tan and ES in a group together. They are forced by ES to watch the movie together while she works at the cafe. I love how she is in control of these two.

Tan gets taken home by two bodyguards. He argues with his father: the problem between family and business in the Kim household. Even at home his mother calls his father chairman; it makes me wonder if Tan's mother was the secretary of his father. Because all the engagement presents were returned, making the ending official, Tan's father forbids his son to leave his room and go to school.

Tan's mother proudly tells her son that she finally did something what he wanted and behave like a mother. Although she refuses to acknowledge Tan's words that she should take his hand and get him out like he did, I think it's possible that she will do so in the future, e.g. if the chairman keeps treating Tan badly and make him unhappy.

Showing the side of a completely different mother is Esther. She only talks about reason when her daughter Rachel is crying about the end of her engagement. No matter if she really liked Tan or only believes that she did, Rachel reminding her mother that she isn't this year's product for sale but her daughter, really made me feel for her.

YD and ES' growing friendship continues to be awesome. His little speech about why ES should have put her hands in his pockets was adorable and funny. I like this more friendly and relaxed side of him. No matter if his love got rejected, I think it's good for him to be in love with ES and care for her because he gets to behave like a different person than his usual more rough self.

Tan's father seems to have trouble coming to terms that he isn't charge of his company any longer. He keeps mentioning that it’s not Won’s on every occasion he gets. He has a meeting with his official wife, secretary Yoon and Tan's mother. He demands that his wife finds a suitable partner for Won and stops threatening Won using her shares. He blames Tan's mother for raising their son in the wrong way and even threatens to throw her out of the house. And he fires Yoon for not taking sides between Won and him.

The scene after which I really look forward to when Tan's father will lose everything or I really just want Jeguk group to go bankrupt: The chairman allows his bodyguards to hurt his own son if necessary, only condition Tan should still be breathing when they put him back into his room. I don't know if he has always been this way or if the death of his first wife changed him radically but despite all his claims that he likes his sons, he doesn't show any positive feelings towards them. He made the girlfriend of Won cry claiming it’s the best for Won and he's only behaving like a father. But I got the feeling he was more annoyed that the girl dared to approach his son, hurt his pride, than him acting out of the wish to protect his son in any way.

Tan refuses to learn business management from secretary Yoon, telling him how when he was 10 years old and he got his first lessons, he went to his brother to ask how his mother could get more shares than the official wife. Little Tan believed that maybe with shares, he could hold hands with his mother outside. Of course, for Won this was probably the first sign that Tan could be a threat. I love how he keeps saying that he doesn't want what is Won's, the company.

Tan's father is furious that on the first day without secretary Yoon, people seem to be incapable of letting the news get out about Tan's real birth. So he arranges the release of another article: Tan becoming a major shareholder and turning the focus on the fight between his sons.

YD decides to show up in front of Tan's house with his own bodyguards after hearing that Tan's secret has been revealed in the news. Using homework as an excuse, he is allowed to visit him in his room. They bicker like always, not sure if they want to admit that they still like each other or not. Tan asks YD for help, he wants to visit his brother after learning of the new article. And of course, YD does help him stating that having Tan being indebted to him is just too tempting. Just hug and say that you two are friends again. lol

Tan manages to escape while YD distracts the bodyguards. He runs to his brother trying to explain and not have him worry about the news. But Won doesn't trust him as usual and wants him to give back the shares and go to the US for the rest of his life. Poor Tan seems to have finally reached his limit, he simply cannot handle that Won wants to abandon him again; he refuses to go and doesn't want to give his shares to his brother anymore. At this point, Tan lets go of his love for Won.

Tan and his father have a heart-breaking conversation. Tan blames his father for turning him and Won into enemies, saying that he is no longer his father's son or his family. Tan letting go of his love for this father for destroying his dream of Won becoming Tan's mother family is heartbreaking. The chairman even now doesn't show any fatherly feelings and simply states that having no real family is only the weight of being the second son of Jeguk Empire and that he should endure it. He explains that he needs Tan as back-up in case something happens to Won or him. I'm beginning to root for all those uncles and aunts to take over Jeguk, simply because it's the only thing that would really really hurt the chairman.

Tan's father and ES are in the same room. He wants her to choose. She leaves in a daze. She and Tan hold hands briefly when meeting in the living room. Tan sits sadly in his room. We learn that ES' options are: 1. Leaving Tan right away and choosing where to go. 2. Staying with him for some more time but getting sent to a place chosen by the chairman. ES appears in front of Tan's room and smiles at him making me worried about the rest of the conversation between her and Tan's father.

Although, there were a lot of great scenes in this episode, I seem to have a thing for the Thursday episodes. I like 15 but I love episode 16, I think it’s because the setting stones for the story happen on Wednesday and the punchline is delivered the next day. At the moment I’m really satisfied in how the story further progresses and just enjoy to see in which direction writer-nim will go with her characters.

holdinghands.png

The scene of Tan and ES holding hands briefly looked really good and for once, I actually liked the use of repetition and slow-motion.
(Knowing that this happens after Tan's big fight with his brother and before declaring that he lost his family today, Tan holds onto the remaining person who loves him trying to gain strength from her. After making her impossible choice ES already seems to prepare for their separation by not letting go of an opportunity to be close with him and also take strength from him to go through with her painful choice.