[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

"In a school of devils, enter Lucifer himself."

tumblr_muu68lh7EQ1s8t96qo4_500.png

This is why I love KES and all her hidden meanings, similes and paralles. I’ve watched the episode 5 preview multiple times and everytime when I hear these words and Kim Tan appears on screen I get goosebums. One reason is KES’s amazing writing while the other is LMH’s magnetic presence on screen. You can’t help yourself but be drawn to him which resonates with the reaction that his character inspires in the drama. He makes Tan an intriguing and charismatic figure that many people find compelling -KT has this aura of untouchability that Young Do hasn’t managed to emulate nor inspire similar feelings of fascination and admiration as noted by Rachel when she commented that he is only a fox playing the tiger when the king is gone and it looked like she hit the target there. It almost looke like KT was born to lead and I don’t mean it like he was predestined rather than that he has the right abilities for it but like most such people he really doesn’t desire the position.

You know, Kim Tan really reminds me of Lucifer in so many ways as they both became fallen angels in their own right. Lucifer used to be the highest of all angels, the most beautiful of all God’s creations and his favourite. Such was his beauty that he’d used to be called the morning start before he was cast out from Heaven for his pride and revolt against God and found exile in hell making it his kingdom. As I said this comparison seems very fitting as you clearly can’t get more handsome than this with chiseled feautures, long limbs and soulful eyes and KT is clearly the more popular among the siblings - he receives admiration, loyalty and sympathy from his schoolmates, women even Won’s secretary - something Won is obviously jealous of plus it looks like that KT was banished to America for something he did to his brother (a sin).

However, for me Tan’s real exile is one of his own not his prolonged stay in America (because even thoug he was allowed to return he still lingered there).He regrets something he’s done to his brother in the past, probably showing his pride in some way or another, somehow hurting his brother in the process and therefore he punishes himself for it by staying in the shadows like an outcast never intending to take his rightful place, never bearing the crown that was intended for him, leaving that place to his brother whom he finds more deserving while creating a kingdom of his own - the school - finding out for himself that it is indeed better to reign in hell than serve in heaven…just like Lucifer.

tumblr_muu68lh7EQ1s8t96qo5_500.png

just for my thought, maybe the dog will make yd and es close. yd is so rude and loud, maybe thru the dog es will see yd light side. Rachel didn't know yet that kt is back in korea already? how will kt make  his moves when they are all in the same school this would be very exciting.......

Guest funtimes

stuartjmz said: funtimes said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the title really means: "The one who wears the crown, bears the crown" in respect to KT since he wrote it in his journal.  What kind of crown is it?  the crown of being known as the "illegitimate child"?  he doesn't want to fight for KW's position so i'm just intrigued at the underlying meaning of what the crown is. 

Guest minikeyklush

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around to this thread just like everyone here, I am also looking forward to each episode of this k-drama.

Just a brief question and I hope someone can give an idea of what the title of this song:

PLEASE DO NOT POST ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD LINKS - REMOVED PER DMCA TAKEDOWN NOTICE

It was played when Kim Tan is off to school with Eun Sang and he lend her a sunglasses also when Eun Sang already went to Korea and they both thinking of each other. I'm suffering from LSS (last song syndrome) because of this. :)

Thanks and hoping that someone can recognize even the title or artist of this song :)

It's not uncommon for sibling rivalry for the crown. Perhaps KT originally left Korea for the sake of maintaining what little sibling relationship he has left with KW. Yet, realising he is sick of being away and sick of having to live in America to appease his brother, who appears to appreciate it very little, he has decided to no longer fight his destiny of taking the crown. 
Perhaps deep down, KT knows he is a threat and worthy of "the crown". In this case, he knows that by returning to Korea, he will end up in "war" with KW. In this sense, in order to wear the crown, the weight he must bare is losing the superficial harmony of the family. For him, it may be losing KW as a sibling for good as dislike turns into heated jealous and hate. It would also mean giving up his freedom and having to do what's right later for the family business (so far he has shown no interest in this although he has mentioned he is lazy). This could also mean marrying the right person (Rachel) in order to form strong alliances (again a burden on his life since he has fallen for ES).

@stuartjmz @funtimes

May I give my two cents?

"The one who wears the crown, bears the crown."

The "crown" in the title can mean anything. There are two ways of looking at it: literally and figuratively. The obvious is we are given a bunch of heirs who will one day inherit riches, or poor in eun sang's case, and therefore, must take the responsibility that comes with it. But the crown doesn't necessarily have to be something extravagant, it doesn't even have to be relative to money or status.

Take this for example. All this time, Tan wished to return home but was he really happy when he finally got what he wanted? You would think a person who is returning for the first time in three years would look more eager, happier, and more relieved. However, he knew what awaited at the end of his choice; he wasn't coming home to a happy family, no, he was coming home to misery, to a corrupted family. He was coming home to a cold brother who disapproves of him, a mother who lives as a mistress, another mother who he legally belongs to but shares no ounce of blood with, friends that aren't too thrilled over his return, and just a load of baggage. Yet he wanted to return, and because of that, he must suffer the consequences. The crown in this case, is his choice to return, and the weight of it being all the hardship that comes along with it.

Or, the crown can be his love for ES, and we have yet to see the weight of it.

At least this is what I have come to understand, the crown can be anything.

@minikeyklush you are not alone, many of us are wondering what that song is called as well. It has not been released, unfortunately. :/

here are the gifz i created from tat ep 5 preview peepz!

first of all! 

wowww! looks like we'll be getting more N more skinship from the main otp :x :x 

me likeyy!!! :D

awww KT seemz love struck when he sees ES and again with his usual cheeky teasing ;))

BfyLEdl.gif

KT arriving @ ES's school for a casual greeting :P

Fi7WylAx.gif

and lastly... KT making a surprise visit @ ES's workplace ;))

Surprise!Surprise! :D

VdYXm.gif