[Drama 2013] The Queen of Office / God of the Workplace 직장의 신

Guest facing

Guest adikkeluangman

'God of the Workplace' cast are the 'talk all night club'?
Jo-Kwon_1369488818_af_org.jpg

The cast of 'God of the Workplace', 2AM's Jo Kwon, Kim Hye Soo, Na Seung Ho, and Jeon Hye Bin recently enjoyed a retweet after the filming of the drama came to an end. Na Seung Ho shared, "'God of the Workplace' wrapped up with an MT. We completed all of our filming well. Although the drama ended, our 'God of the Workplace' soul will go on! Jjoo~ook!! hehe Good job everyone. Thank you. with 'God of the Workplace' talk all night club^^" The cast seemed to be enjoying their time under the sun most of them sporting chic shades. But fans also caught sight of Kim Hye Soo embracing Jo Kwon, showing their close friendship.  'God of the Workplace' aired its finale on the 21st, unable to beat 'Book of the House of Gu' in the ratings department, but still left viewers wanting to see more of its talented cast onscreen.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/05/god-of-the-workplace-cast-say-their-farewell-greetings-during-their-one-night-two-day-getaway

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samzz.. With the ,kim hye soo looks cool but with permed hair jang gyu jik they looked like funny couple hehe. I just visited the kbs website for this srama. And they uploaded the making of the final scene they shot.

Guest janezio

Even though they do not give you a "happily ever-after ending", I feel that Miss Kim will always love Jang Gyu-jik,  because he is the son of her mentor.   I think she will do everything within her power to take care of and protect Gyu-jik.  And, so long as he loves her and wants to marry her, she WILL marry him.  

wamihami, it's not available yet.
.........................................................................................

http://www.hancinema.net/kim-hye-soo-i-wouldn-t-want-to-know-jang-gyoo-jik-and-moo-jeong-han-56521.html

Kim Hye-soo "I wouldn't want to know Jang Gyoo-jik and Moo Jeong-han"

Source | 2013/05/28 | 226 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo314075.jpg

Heroine of KBS 2TV drama "The Queen of Office" Kim Hye-soo showed endless loyalty to her co-actors in the drama.

Kim Hye-soo said, "They are not my type and I wouldn't want to know them" when she was asked about her impressions about them.

Kim Hye-soo said, "Oh Ji-ho and Lee Hee-joon are way better people than the characters in the drama. They are loyal in different ways. Oh Ji-ho is very healthy and has many manly appeals. He is cheerful and kind hearted. Lee Hee-joon is very considerate of his surroundings. He's very dependable".

About Jeong Yu-mi who played the role of Jeong Joo-ri, Kim said, "She's got very pretty eyes. Her clear eyes deliver the purity of the person and I don't think she'll ever tire anyone out. She's very sincere".

She didn't forget Jo Kwon of 2AM. "He's got special talent and emotions. He's sincere and intelligent when he's working. He knows what to do and when".

Meanwhile, Kim Hye-soo starred in the recent drama "The Queen of Office" as super woman Miss Kim.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl... ( English )

http://twtkr.olleh.com/view.php?long_id=L1Xy66

[News] 'God of the Workplace' Kim Hye Soo's Strong Praises for Jo Kwon, "He's really a pretty great person" TV리포트: '직신' 김혜수, 조권 폭풍극찬 "정말 괜찮은 친구"

Kim Hye Soo who starred with Jo Kwon in the same drama 'God of the Workplace' praises Jo Kwon in her recent interview. KYS: "I did not have the chance to see him appearing on variety programs so I didn't know earlier on, but Jo Kwon is really a pretty great person. He could not join us in the 'GOTW' MT due to his delayed schedules. Being that busy, he could have just given up on coming to the MT. But he told us: "I'm coming, please wait for me". I don't know if it's because this is his first drama but he ended up appearing at the MT location and passionately gave a flamboyant dance even though it must be tiring for him. It was just like Jo Kwon's concert."

http://news.nate.com/view/20130529n03579

Minah, not only cool and funny, they can be cute, weird couple as well.
I can understand why this drama meant so much to him, he's a CEO in real life for his Kimchi business and Vice President for his Slimming centre. His staffs are vibrant and beautiful as well.
1369895105507.jpg
1369480453902.jpg

credit to the blogger.http://lifeanimeanddrama.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-queen-of-office-review.html

The queen of office REVIEW

quee.jpegThis is an ongoing drama but I decided to review it anyway coz its taking too long to sub and I can't wait for richard simmons when I FIND A WORK OF ART DAMMIT! See the woman in red dress waving her hand at someone who's probably startled by her expression.... that is MS.Kim and she urges people not to call her anything other than Miss Kim. Miss Kim lives far away from Korea engaging in BULLFIGHT or whatever just enjoying her life and scaring people out of their wits with her antics in Mexico or Spain or Columbia... you name it. She comes to Korea only once a year for a 3-month contract work and when she's done with it, there she goes again to engage in a battle with bulls. Soon she starts working at Y.Jang, one of the most popular soybean paste company in S.korea. She goes to work at 9 in the morning, returns at 6 in the evening with a lunch break sharp at 1:00 pm. Miss Kim is capable of doing anything and everything... ranging from cutting crabs to flying a plane. Obviously, she wins great accolades but obstructing her is one Mr. Cabbage patch head (as she calls him :P) who is a weed, really and one Mr. Meek who is really as the name suggests. They both fight for her love oblivious to her past but Miss Kim could care less about either of them as she's one hell of a perfectionist who wants to complete her contract job and leave the place already. And of course, there are some other characters as well some of which are nagging as hell (I'm talking to you Bit-Na) but all annoying things aside, this is one hell of a drama which is sure to top one of the best comedic dramas this year.
Cast:
Kim Hye soo as Miss Kim, Oh Jiho as Jang Gyujik/ Mr. Cabbage patch head, Lee Hee Joon as Mr. Mu Jeonghan/Mr. Meek, Jung Yumi as Jung Juri, Jeon Hye Bin as Geum Bit-Na, Jo Kwon as Kye Kyungwoo, Kim Ki Cheon as Ko Jungo Do, Kim Bomi as Jo Ho Boon.

Kim Hye soo as Miss kim was just full of epicness! She was the best person to do this role and the only person who I will absolutely remember for the rest of my life as Miss Kim no matter what role she may further do. I particularly love the way she bullies Jang Gyujik as Cabbage patch head, perm head etc., and Oh Jiho is the FUNNIEST ACTOR ALIVE! I think he resembles Sorimachi takashi a lot. Lee Hee Joon as Mr. Mu is not meek when it comes to his performance at all. He was brilliant. Jo kwon is not Kkap in this drama. He has definitely evolved from his early acting days and it shows. Jung Yumi as Juri is very good, I guess. I cannot help but get annoyed when she shows up but I guess if thats what she's meant to do, she's nailing it to the core... her and Jeon Hye bin as Bitna. My favorite character though has got to be Kim Ki cheon as Ko Jungo Do. I think he's really sweet.

My rating:
10/10
That is how much I love it.

samzz i love the review. thanks for posting it.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9649/20130531/interview-2am-jo-kwon-kim-hye-soos-real-personality.htm
by Staff Writer   May 31, 2013 07:52 AM EDT class="cb b15"Interview with 2AM Jo Kwon "Kim Hye Soo's Real Personality"

Interview with 2AM Jo Kwon "Kim Hye Soo's Real Personality"
(Photo : KBS) Interview with 2AM Jo Kwon "Kim Hye Soo's Real Personality"

"The Queen of Office" star Jo Kwon's interview.

In the KBS drama "The Queen of Office", 2AM member Jo Kwon played the role of a 25-year-old Gye Kyung Woo. Even though the role was Jo Kwon's first attempt at acting, it appeared as though Gye Kyung Woo was created for Jo Kwon.

It has been reported that the cast and crew of the drama went on a short trip together on May 23. People who were present at the event stated that Jo Kwon was the life of the party.

Regarding this, Jo Kwon stated, "I arrived late at night because I had a different schedule. It was around the time when everyone was cleaning up and getting ready to sleep. Even so, they welcomed me so happily. To make up for the situation, I performed a passionate Jo Kwon concert. Actress Kim Hye Soo even filmed my performance (laugh)."

Jo Kwon explained his role in the drama, "I would have been happier if the process of Gye Kyung Woo crushing on Jung Joo Ri was more detailed. I am satisfied with my performance because I think I was successful in portraying Gye Kyung Woo's unique thoughts and emotions. When I read the script, I thought this love line was so cute. The production crew could have edited a lot of my scenes out because of the lack of time but they brought them to life."

On his co-star and highly respected actress Kim Hye Soo, Jo Kwon stated, "Kim Hye Soo is such a great leader and very admirable. Even on set, I think almost all of the relationships were created because of her. She complimented me on my acting and my solo album, which gave me a lot of confidence. She likes Lady Gaga just like I do and we agreed on a lot of things. Even on set, we played around chatting away. Even though she is a top actress, she has a very easy going side of her."

Jo Kwon continued, "Being a trainee was just like working under a short-term contract since it is not yet a career before the debut. When I go in I had to clean and do a lot of housekeeping on top of practice. And sometimes at the end of the month, somebody had to leave. Can you imagine how many different types of people I saw while I was a trainee for 8 years?"

When he was asked to comment on Lim Seunlong's acting, Jo Kwon stated, "He has a lot of passion and dedication for acting. He has a lot of interest and studies very hard. Unlike other members, he continued to watch 'The Queen of Office' even the last episode. In my opinion, he is definitely an actor with a lot of possibilities of growth. It may be a bit awkward since he is in a historical drama but I know the audience already knows."

Also Jo Kwon was asked to comment on the rival MBC drama "Gu Family Book" which is starred by Bae Suzy of miss A.

Jo Kwon answered, "To be honest, I didn't have much time to watch 'Gu Family Book' because we were constantly filming. I don't think we even thought about the other person's work. However I kept myself updated on the response from the viewers by checking online. Suzy is doing very well."

Then Jo Kwon concluded, "All the actors from 'The Queen of Office' worked very hard to provide a time of healing for the viewers. I want to thank all the people that are in all levels of the society."

During this past week I have watched the first ten episodes of this drama.  Totally loving it right now because its so funny, unexpected, and interesting plot for each episode.  Episode 10 was a bit boring and one thing disturbed me about it.  The senior worker was going to be laid off which made everyone upset because even though he isn't doing much he is beloved.  The problem is the show is making being older equal to being incompetent.  One of my coworkers announced their retirement this week I felt dismayed because she is one of the best, most reliable, and hard working workers we have.  Being older has not slowed her down or made her incompetent in any way.  For the vast majority of my coworkers, the older ones are better, more wise, and the people I rely on for advise and help.  If there is an older worker who is incompetent, then they were also probably incompetent when they were younger.  So episode 10 is trying to make a dilemma were there shouldn't be one.  If he was such a good sales person when he was younger than he should still be a useful and competent worker even when older.  Since he hasn't been doing any work for years, then he should be laid off.

@rosely, glad you enjoy this drama, the casts sure had enjoyed it so much and bonded well off screen too.
supporting Jowon on his musical play
Article Images

Oh Ji Ho-no more Mr Curly- in the interview he praised KHS a lot-his ideal type as well.
Article Images

기사 이미지
기사 이미지
Article Images

기사 이미지
기사 이미지
기사 이미지
기사 이미지
기사 이미지
기사 이미지
Article Images

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9688/20130607/five-fun-facts-kim-hye-soo.htm

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Five Fun Facts About Kim Hye Soo

Kim Hye Soo

Not only did Kim Hye Soo recently finish the successful drama "God of the Workplace" in which she portrayed Super Temp Miss Kim, but the 42-year-old actress was also voted the most glamorous star in Korea. Channel Y-Star voted her the nation's most appealing female star, giving her that honor over Lee Hyori, Hyorin and Jeon Hyo Sung.

Those responding to the survey said the star she won based on her charisma and her alluring good looks. It's not surprising since she has always been known for her dramatic red carpet looks.

Although Kim is a favorite star, here are a few facts you may not know about her.

1. She's an artist and has displayed her art at the Seoul Open Air Fair. When one of her collages sold, she donated the money to charity.

2. She has appeared in over 30 films, including "The Thieves," which was the second highest grossing film in Korean cinema history. Having appeared in so many films and almost two-dozen dramas, she is not concerned if a good role doesn't come along right away. Or how big the role is.

"If I don't find something that's really appealing, I could take some time for myself," said Kim. "But if a project grabs my fancy, I could also jump straight into it. It doesn't matter whether it's a starring or supporting role."

3. She has a theater and film degree and teaches performing arts at Sungkyunkwan University as an adjunct professor.

4. She does not consider herself competitive and is not the jealous type.

"I lack the competitive gene by nature," said Kim. "I've been this way since I was a child. And many would say the greatest competitor in your life is yourself. Well, I don't want to do that either. I'm not really interested in winning against anyone, including myself. I'm more interested in how I'd handle things when I run into unexpected, rough situations in life."

5. There was a time when she worried about being more of a star than an actress. Although she has acted since she was a teenager, she felt that her career hit a slump around 2000. She found she was appearing in the same type of movies all the time. They were good movies, but she started to feel typecast and limited by the roles she was offered.

"I couldn't help but doubt my talent," said Kim.

So, she decided to take on more challenging roles and turned her career around. Her roles in "YMCA Baseball Team," "The Red Shoes," "The War of Flowers," "The Family You Hate," "11th Mother" won praise from the critics.

She's an actress who has it all, talent and plenty of star appeal.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/06/08/cast-of-god-of-the-workplace-support-jo-kwon-and-his-musical/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cast-of-god-of-the-workplace-support-jo-kwon-and-his-musical

ahhhhhh, why so cute Mr Curly and Miss Kim, my love affair with all of them (QoO casts) has ended today, but I wish they will do the sequel with the same casts. I miss all of them.
GREAT DRAMA-Japanese substance always the best, but Korean knows how to commercialized it.

Guest syahrilaiyub

Hmm i dont understand the ending, can someone elaborate? I thought juri ot perm as stated few pages back

The subs for this drama were finally released. I liked the ending, but wished for a little more.  It was nice to see the character growth in all of the leads.  The final episode did a great job of doing a nostalgic look back at the whole series.  At the end she comes back to work for him.  I just wished to see them together a little bit as a couple. 
Juri becoming a children's book author comes out of nowhere.  When was she drawing, when was she creating stories, when had she shown any interest in being an author?

Was this series a remake of a Japanese one?  In the beginning episodes I questioned whether it was a Japanese remake because their dramas can be totally crazy and overboard like this one was.  Then at the end, it reminded me of many endings of Japanese dramas in which you have to imagine the rest for yourself.

Archived