When Did You Start Listening to KPop ?

Guest agashhi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Inconnu

Wow... like, in 1999 or 2000. I can't remember, but I got into it very early because my oldest brother
dated a Korean girl. He always listened to Korean music and watched Korean TV Shows since I was
around him a lot, I started getting interested as well.

Guest AceFondu

Around 1999 or so. I was only 5 years old but I still remember it because my brothers would listen to H.O.T, 1TYM, Jinusean, etc. However I started listening to it again around 2008 because I was watching my childhood vidoes, and in the background you can hear H.O.T XD!

I had my first dose of K-pop back in 2005 or 2006. I had no particular favorite artist, but I was already familiar with the likes of BoA, TVXQ!, and Big Bang back then. I can't even remember the title of the songs I listened to, all I knew then was that they're Korean songs.

First dose of K-pop was of Lee Hyori's U-Go-Girl I stumbled upon.  Next dose was Hyuna's video Bubblepop which everyone said was like Lee Hyori.  I looked Lee Hyori up because of that and got a serious case of deja vu, looked through my yt favorites and found out I watched the video a long time ago lol.  Afterwords I started listening to IU and Mblaq, and then finally found my one true loves, SNSD :)
Oh yes, dunno if this counts, but also was introduced to DBSK when they did the opening song for One Piece.  I didn't know they were Korean then, but I do now.  I also know Younha and Boa did some anime songs, but I participatory remember liking the One Piece op a lot and saw people years ago reccomending DBSK(but not mentioning they were k-pop lol)

Guest dancalibara

SNSD & SuJu's Seoul Song. Made me love the Maknaes' love story, researched SeoHyun, found out we had the same birthday, became obsessed. Now I'm a Krystal (f(x)) and EXO fan, I still love Seobaby though, haha.

I started listening to k-pop in december 2009. My sister showed me some MVs which I couldn't care less about.. haha but after about two weeks I had one of those songs stuck in my head and couldn't stop thinking about it. So I found the song on youtube and started to listen to it but always with headphones because I was embarrassed and didn't want anyone to know I liked it. haha So one time when I listened to that song my sister came and was like "Hey, what are you listening to?" and pulled out my headphones and I was like noo~ haha and since about then I've been a k-pop fan :) hehe

Archived