When Did You Start Listening to KPop ?

Guest agashhi

Guest ThatGirlJae

Near the end of 2012. I knew about K-Pop for a while but I didn't really get into it. Then one night when I was just browsing on the internet, my friend whom I haven't seen in a year started chatting to me on facebook. We were catching up well until she mentioned K-Pop and how her new friends introduced it to her. She sent me several links like BigBang's Haru Haru and their collaboration with 2ne1, Lollipop. I got into a YG Family phase until I discovered many other bands. Then I started watching K-Dramas, my first was Flower Boy Ramyun Shop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yolivia

I can't really remember actually. I wasn't that interested in kpop at first. But then I started watching running man and other k-dramas and found lots of handsome guys and nice songs... 

Guest ynaloves

I started listening to K-Pop in 2009. Most of my friends are huge fans (especially 2NE1 and Big Bang) so I tried it and I just fell in love with it right away.

Guest Xia-ya

I think it started when I first saw Coffee Prince back I think 2003 or something like that. I liked the song White Love Story and decided to see if there was other songs that I liked. 

Guest sunsetflare

Started with Nobody by Wonder Girls, so 2008 I guess.

I think someone posted

on my Facebook feed, and after that I watched the original clip. I loved the song but I actually didn't like the clip initially, then it eventually grew on me. After that I just researched into different groups, and now I love K-Pop  :D

Guest pink1e

I started listening when Shinhwa, HOT, and SES were starting out.. so around 1998? Didn't really get into it until BoA hit the scene.

Guest ulzzanghaeyo

Was in sec 2, started from a music video from the computer game Wonderking and from there it just kept growing.. (Going to college this year, so it's been awhile)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seulgijang

1999 ish? when my mom started letting me watch music programs and getting me this picture of yoo seung jun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _Divine

2010 because of SHINee's Lucifer :D been addicted since then!
I saw B2ST's debut in 2009, but didn't really care lmao

Guest superkpopsundays

We got into KPop after visiting Korea in 2011. F(x) "Hot Summer" was the big hit and that just spiraled out of control once we started finding out more about the different bands. Now we are so into K-Pop we started a radio show dedicated only to K-Pop!! Check it out and listen at superkpopsundays.tumblr.com...we're so excited to connect with all the fans and listeners worldwide :) Yay!
tumblr_mcqjbfIQgo1rvv4qro1_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 22ad22

For me, it started when the first time I watched Autumn in My Heart or Endless Love in 2000. I listened the song and try to find the singer then I found many more with very good songs. Then I watched Inuyasha (Japan's Anime) and I found BoA as one of the singer who sung the soundtrack. I became BoA big fans. I knew everything abouth her and try to find any artist related to her. And on 2003, when her Showcase, I saw TVXQ.
That's why I became interested in k pop world.

Guest May1430292570

I got introduced to K-Pop in 2009. My classmates were Blackjacks back then and they always play "Fire" or "I Don't Care" in their phones. Then our school had this dance competition and my juniors entered and danced to SNSD's "Mr. Taxi". It was then, that my classmates (including me) became ELFs because if we knew about SNSD, then we'd surely know about Super Junior. I was searching MVs of my favorite groups and click other MVs and that's when I knew about 4Minute. But I really didn't know about them back then, I just know their songs but not them. I remember my mom's ringtone was "Abracadabra" by BEG. My best friend made me listen to the song and I liked it and let my mom hear it which she liked the music and made it as her ringtone. I went back on focusing to be a Blackjack and came across this 5-member boy group named Big Bang. I watched one of their MVs (i don't remember the title) but I was a newbie and so I got confused who was the one they call G-Dragon. Then I watched 2NE1 and Big Bang's collaboration song "Lollipop". That's all I remember in my newbie days (lol).

Guest shawol4life

I got into kpop in 2010 when I watched BOF, I was really interested in Jihoo sunbae (Kim Hyun Joong) lol and decided to search up his facts and found out that he was in a band called SS501 and i became a fan of them. However, I was listening to the OSTs and the song 'Stand By Me' caught my ears and I during that time most of my friends were already into kpop and they showed me 'Ring Ding Dong' and I slowly became a Shawol^^ wow I've realized I've become a fan of kpop for nearly three years already... time really does fly! :P

I started listening to Kpop around 1999...maybe.  I still remember Fly to the Sky, H.O.T, and SES were the first Kpop singers I first heard of.  I stopped listening to it after a few years and came across Kpop again when DBSK came out with "Mirotic", but I finally became a fan of Kpop when I discovered "Haru Haru" by Big Bang.

Guest ajummanim

it started in 2011 .. thd first group I fell in love with was BigBang..

then 2pm and fx ..

then I found out about tablo's fever end part one and two .. I love these to albums.. they're number one for me ever since heard'em .. also epik high is so great and unique

nowadays I'm in to k-indie no more interested in kpop music and groups .. they all feel the same to me!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chibiottoman

I can't remember exactly but i guess it was 4 or 3 years ago. When my sister went to high school, she was staying at dormitory and so some of her friends were K-pop fan and oneday she came home saying " okay okay now go to Youtube we're gonna listen to a song" and it was SS501's A song calling for you, la la la la one. When we listened to it, I swear I laughed so hard. When my sister pointed the name of the song written in Hangul and said that her friend could read those, I swear I thought her friend was a genius. Anyway, of course after listening to first time I hadn't become a K-pop fan but after two or one year later I started to listne to them very well. I downloaded the video and then went to school and showed my friends..Because we found it funny we were like "okay let's listen to these Koreans more!"... and... the point my K-pop attraction has arrived so far is.. founding the "Korean Language Study" group at school, with a sing in my name on a petition given to the headmaster.

Archived