[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

Guest poh2408

just watch the last ep~ Lee Taebaek, the only guy who can make our jiyoonyi laugh. poor Eddie, luckly he came to his senses and let jiyoon go. When he said he had the confidence to continue loving her but no confidence in making her laugh/smile in the future, i was like Awww. Sweet of Ari to bring him for a ride in her car skip work. At least the old man gave taebaek a chance to prove himself, zoo ad was touching, kid who dont know how to draw animals because she never see them-daddy bring her to zoo. Funny how president ma wanted to announce their wedding but all of them had already known about it, taebaek even prepared their present. Eddie finally wore the neck tie Ari gave him...haha. And at the end, taebaeks proposal was sweet and cute. pink all over his scooter...seems like he loves pink.Going to miss this drama~ 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fantast1k1

Thank you @poh2408 for all your amazing recap!

I'm already having a Genius withdrawal symptoms...missing this show already :|

Guest syahrilaiyub

@prissymom i got it 1st mwahahahaha /end of jokes

This is the farewell party for ad genius lee tae baek picture

Cr to johyunjae fb

580429_233240083483083_1391084324_n.jpg

March 26, 2013
"Lee Tae-baek" set record... thanks to "The Horse Healer"
Source: SportsSeoul.com via Hancinema.net
2013032710520264_1_rstarkmm.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek" started a fresh start towards the end.
According to Nielson Korea, "Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek" rated 6.3% which is 2.7% higher than the previous episode. It's not up to par with the other dramas but it's still the best yet.
This looks like a reflective effect due to the end of MBC drama "The Horse Healer". Jin Goo and Park Ha-seon met a happy ending.
SBS "Yawang" rated 22.9% and ranked the top.

I love how Tae-Baek "propose" :)) another drama for them please? :D 
Here's my two cents about the drama :
♦ I love the actors. Great combination.
♦ Refreshing story. It doesn't have violence or anything. Close to reality. 
♦ I adore the supporting casts like Go Chang-Seok, Hong Ji-Min, Kwak Hee-Sung, Cho Ja-young, Shin Seung Hwan and the Bangladeshi actor. He's great in Korean. I envy him :))
♦ The loveline of this drama is like typical Korean drama. Boy meets girl. Boy loves girl. Boy and girl together. Girl leaves. Leave with the boy nothing. But, I like how the writer of this drama emphasize the loveline of this four. First, I thought Tae Baek will pursue Ah-ri until the middle of the drama but boy! I was so wrong. Tae-Baek let go of Ah-ri in the first part of the drama. That's why Tae-Baek and Ji-Yoon story is not rush. I like it. And Addie Kang, he met my expectations to the drama of what I think he will be. 
♦ No kissing scenes for the main lead, I am okay with it. I don't think its needed because for me, I am not disappointed about the ending. I am contented. :))
Rating will be 10/10.. Great story. Great plot. Not rushed story. 
Highly recommended drama. :D 

March 27, 2013
Dal Shabet's A Young Thanks Everyone for Helping Her With 'Ad Genius'
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa  Translation Credit : Erika Kim  
Dal Shabet′s A Young had lots of thanks to give for her appearance in the KBS2 drama Ad Genius, Lee Tae Baek.
Through her me2day account, she said, "I want to thank our director, staff and the seniors for helping me and giving me strength. It was a precious time for me. I hope we get to meet often."80399619.jpgShe added, "Please don′t forget me. I′ll work harder! Oh! Thank you to everyone who loved ′Ad Genius, Lee Tae Baek′! Muah."
Her role with the drama was her first in a full-length drama, as she appeared as the off-the-wall secretary of a sign company.
Next A Young plans to continue her acting career with SBS′ Jang Ok Jung, to air its first episode on April 8.
Photo credit: Happy Face Entertainment
Reach reporter Choi Eunhwa on Twitter @silvercandy88!

March 27, 2013 
"Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek" Disappointment Behind its Happy Ending
by Staff Writer KDramaStars

The finale of the KBS drama "Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek" has been aired.
February 4, the first episode of the KBS drama "Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek" began to air. The 16th episode that aired yesterday, March 26, marked the end of the drama. The drama is based on an actual person named Lee Jae Suk, who won the most honorable award at a worldwide advertisement competition.
Throughout the journey of Lee Tae Baek (Jin Goo) in the drama, he faces realistic hardships in the society. The drama contained a pessimistic message about the society expressed through various situations in the drama. In the first episode for example, Lee Tae Baek goes to an interview for a job. However, the interviewers refrain from asking him any questions because of his lack of experience in the field. This portrayed the realistic process of getting hired in our society where people will not even be considered if they don't have any background experience.
The actors in the drama were able to draw attention for their impressive performances. Viewers were expecting a lot from Jin Goo since it was his first time portraying a main character in a drama after his debut. Through his role as Lee Tae Baek, Jin Goo was praised for his convincing act that was far above what people expected. Other actors like Jo Hyun Jae, Park Ha Sun and Han Chae Young also played a crucial part in the drama's success. Girl group members Han Sun Hwa of Secret and A Young of Dal Shabet also drew attention for their bubbly characters in the drama.
The last episode featured Eddie Kang (Jo Hyun Jae) breaking up the engagement with Baek Ji Yoon (Park Ha Sun) by saying, "I have continuously loved you. I'm confident that I will continue to love you in the future but I'm not confident that I will be able to make you smile." Meanwhile, Lee Tae Baek changes President Baek's mind about him after creating an impressive advertisement for a zoo and gets permission to date Baek Ji Yoon. Ma Jin Ga (Go Chang Suk) announces his engagement to Lee Eun Hee (Hong Ji Min) and So Ran (Han Sun Hwa) becomes a member of a girl group. Eddie Kang and Go Ah Ree (Han Chae Young) also seemed very friendly with each other foretelling the blooming of their romance. Everybody in the drama got their happy ending.
Regardless of all the happy endings in "Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek", there seems to be some disappointed fans. Instead of focusing on the creation of new ideas and advertisements, the story concentrated too much on the love lines and twists in the story. With a story that could be easily predicted, "Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek" received 3~4% viewing rates for all of its episodes, unable to go higher.
The drama would have been better if the story's main focus was Lee Tae Baek and his process of overcoming hardships to finally succeed. Regardless, the viewers applauded for the actors and the production crew that provided them with laughter and tears.

Guest syahrilaiyub

Imo i think his survival in drama industry.... he havent been casted so long.... and when he succeed.... its work as charm. Examples like park hasun acting, in HT shecalready explain that she attend lots of audition,and she almost give up until this picture came. Anothr example is, han sunhwa.... she doesnt know the director take her until eating scene lols.

Guest Leci_BJ's

finally...!!!! even they don't have any kissing scene, but "who's care...?"  :-/ becouse LTB & JH together, it;s enough for me... kekeke~  B-)hurm....I'm already miss this show..! huk2, (T___T)
and..... kamsa hamnida 2 all of you for anything bout this drama...!!! ^:)^
_Big Hug from Malaysia...  >:D<

Guest syahrilaiyub

Lol its lucky its air on kbs world, if its not kbs world, maybe i need to upgrade back my skybox

Brohug @Leci_BJ's me from malaysia too ;)

Hello, everyone!
In all honesty, I feel a bit unsatisfied with "Ad Genius, Lee Tae Baek," mainly because it only spanned a total of 16 episodes. Hehe.
I love the ending, though. I'm so happy that Tae Baek finally got his girl, after, of course, initially loosing Go Ari in the past.
Other things I love about this drama is that it frustrated me, annoyed me, angered me even, but it also made me fall in love, determined while simultaneously breaking and making my heart.
It's totally entertaining; a real eye-opener at that.
It's fun for me to both watch and learn facts from a drama that is set in modern times.
Another thing I will always remember this drama for are the camaraderie and friendships and couples made at the end of the series. I always knew in my heart that Ma Jin Ga would end up with Lee Eun Hee. All those bickering were indeed just a cover up for their affections. :D
That scene of Ari and Eddie at the end, working together in a company, felt as though it could start another great drama. I felt that if this drama would continue, we could pick up where they left off. Their chemistry - Han Chae Young and Jo Hyun Jae - is THAT good. 
So, there you have it! Let's just be happy that this drama did well to the end despite the criticisms and everything, because a drama is not a drama without those elements.
Smile, everyone!  :)>-  O:-) :x :-* :-h

Guest fantast1k1

Thanks for sharing the after party pix...couldn't help but noticing how young JHJ look on that picture...his hairstyle rocks! this guy must be drinking from the fountain of youth :-O He's looking younger and younger as he ages ^:)^
I've finished watching 49 Days as somebody here suggested...the ending was heavy...its ok for me...JHJ looks better now on AGLTB=D>
Well GENIUSES, its been a pleasure to be on this thread...I've really enjoyed this show and our Baek Couple...luv the ending proposal and the scooter...I will remember most of the ads from this show esp. the Everest ad;)
See you all around in the Soompi world...have a great uncrumpled life...and let no one stop you from achieving your dreams\:D/

class="entry-title"Actress Han Chae Young to temporarily move back to the U.S. during her pregnancy20130327_HanChaeYoung.jpg

It has been revealed that actress Han Chae Young will be temporarily moving back to the U.S. this April to spend time with her family during her pregnancy.

The actress immigrated to the States when she was eight years old, but due to her acting career and marriage, she has been living in Korea, without her family. Following the finale of her latest drama ‘Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek‘ on the 26th, the actress will spend the rest of her days as an expecting mother overseas with her family.

Han Chae Young’s camp confirmed, “As this is her first pregnancy, Han Chae Young wanted to comfortably continue her prenatal care at the place where her parents reside. At the moment, she will suspend her activities and focus her energy on caring for her baby.”

Han Chae Young shared, “I was happy while I was doing this drama. Because I was able to share good news, it was even more meaningful. I will focus on my prenatal care where my parents reside and continue to work hard in my acting career afterwards.”

Source : ALLKPOP

March 27, 2013
“Yawang” and “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” Score its Highest Records Yet
by Staff Writer KdramaStars

Now that MBC's “The Horse Leader” is no longer a threat, SBS' “Yawang” was able to surpass the 20% ratings.
On March 26th, “Yawang” recorded 22.9% which is 4.9% more than the night before, and it's a huge jump in ratings, knowing how things were so cut-throat with “The Horse Leader” and with differences of less than 1% for most of their runs.
On this night, Joo Da Hae was able to finally become the First Lady, when Suk Tae Il (Jung Ho Bin) won the election, she then gave him a marriage registration and they became President and First Lady. Besides this, the murderer of Baek Ji Mi (Cha Hwa Yeon)’s husband found to be Suk Tae Il, not Baek Chang Hak (Lee Duk Hwa).
20130327095857_282147_492_561.jpg

KBS' “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” also saw big increase in its ratings, and also recorded its highest records on its last episode. The drama scored 6.3% which is 2.7% more than the night before.
On this night, the drama came to an end, with Lee Tae Baek (Jin Goo) and Ji Yoon (Park Ha Sun) finally getting back together. The two were at the Han River, and Lee Tae Baek proposed to her in a very unique. He dress a motorcycle as wedding car and kneeled in front of Ji Yoon and offered her a halmet, and said he would become her own human hamlet in this hard world. Go Ah Ree (Han Chae Young) and Eddie Kang (Jo Hyun Jae) leave to for the US, and seemed like they finally started getting along.
As it was expected, “Yawang” and “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” increased in ratings, hitting new records. Now that MBC's “The Horse Healer” is over, it will be replaced by “Gu Family Book” starring Lee Seung Gi and Suzy. The drama won't start next week, but the week after, on April 8th.
With “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek's” finale, KBS will aim to bring back home the fight and the ratings with drama “The God of the Work Place” starring Kim Hye Soo and Oh Ji Ho. The drama will premiere next week, on April 1st.
NISI20130327_0007940506_web.jpg
1364351505590.jpg

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Producers of ‘Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek’ want to work with SECRET’s Sunhwa again class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Source: allkpop

Archived