Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

*** As we reach the year's second half, there's a movie to binge-watch this July 2022, particularly the third week of the month. A star-studded movie "Alienoid" (Alien) has hit the big screen on July 20. This is one of the most talked about films this July.

Kim Tae Ri, Kim Woo Bin Embark On New Journey in Upcoming Film ‘Alien’
photo source : Kdramastars

*** The July 18 VIP ceremony of the movie "Alienoid" (Alien) attracted great attention from many fans. The stars turned the premiere press conference into an awards ceremony red carpet event. All attention was focused on the actor duo Kim Woo Bin – So Ji Sub. 2 actors show off their perfect body, so handsome & stylish. As KWB entered, he made an impression with his tall, supermodel-like body and his handsome looks. His sharp handsome face is good in every angle.   :kisslevel:

Kim-Woo-Bin-So-Ji-Sub.jpg

Kim-Woo-Bin-So-Ji-Sub-1.jpg

Kim-Woo-Bin.jpg

photos source : lovekpop95

*** Recently, Kim Woo Bin sat down for a press interview to promote his new film 'Alienoid'. During the interview, he was asked about his current condition. He said that it was his five-year anniversary since he completed treatment. So he went in for a checkup. And the doctor confirmed that it's all clean, and that he's in a much better condition than he was before. Kim Woo Bin also said that he thinks the long hiatus was not a waste of time in his career, but rather was a turning point that changes his view of life. In the past, he used to live up to the future. He always struggled to do better, make more efforts to become a far better person. He tortured his present self for the future. During the hiatus, he found it so sad that he was too strict to himself. Finally, he has learned how to compliment himself and cherish

things that he has now.   :popcornjackson:

201683495_1280.jpg

Credit : AM Entertainment

Kim Woo Bin Shares Health Update Five Years After Cancer Diagnosis

Kim Woo Bin talks about his health update during the press conference of his new movie "Alien." As noted by SBS News, the South Korean heartthrob was asked about his physical wellness, five years after he was diagnosed with cancer.

Kim Woo Bin

At the press conference, the 33-year-old actor revealed that he recently had his fifth anniversary since he completed his treatment. Kim Woo Bin shared that he went for a checkup, adding "the doctor confirmed that it's all clean and that I'm in a much better condition than I was before."

During the media briefing, he spoke about his hiatus to focus on his health recovery. For the "Alien" star, he thinks that it was not a waste of time but rather a moment to re-evaluate his point of view in life.

"In the past, I used to live up to the future. I always struggled to do better, and make more efforts to become a far better person. I tortured my present self for the future," he explained.

Moreover, Kim Woo Bin also shared his realization during his five-year hiatus.

"I found it so sad that I was too strict to myself," he said, adding "Finally, I've learned how to compliment myself and cherish things that I have now."

In 2017, fans were stunned to hear the announcement of his then agency, Sidus HQ, regarding his health issues. The management confirmed that Kim Woo Bin will be taking a break after he was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer.

As obtained by a news portal, Sidus HQ clarified that it is not too late for the actor to start his treatment and promised to "come back when he is completely healthy again."

Two years after the heartbreaking announcement, Kim Woo Bin made a surprise appearance at the 2019 Blue Dragon Film Awards.

He delighted everyone with his positive aura and his heartfelt message to "a great number of people" who showed him support.

"I was able to recover fast and stand right here feeling healthy again. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you," he said.

Interestingly, Kim Woo Bin Made a bold comeback in 2022 after starring in the hit series "Our Blues" with his girlfriend Shin Min Ah and award-winning co-stars Lee Byung Hun, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, and more.

'Our Blues' Stills

Apart from his return to K-drama, the 33-year-old actor also headlines the sci-fi movie "Alien" with Kim Tae Ri and Ryu Jun Yeol.

The movie, helmed and written by Choi Dong Hoon by "The Thieves" and "Assassination" director, is his comeback after six years since he filmed the action crime movie "Master" with Lee Byung Hun and Kang Dong Won.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/125915/20220719/kim-woo-bin-health-update-five-years-cancer-diagnosis.htm

Kim Woo Bin

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/07/21/20220721000167_0.jpg

Alienoid

(Korea)

Opened July 20

Action

Directed by Choi Dong-hoon

Guard (Kim Woo-bin) is an alien in charge of managing alien prisoners confined in mortal human brains on present-day Earth. His main job is to arrest prison breakers with his robotic colleague Thunder. One day, an alien prison-breaker runs away to the year 1390, late in the Goryeo Kingdom (918-1392). While carrying out his duty in the past, Guard comes across a baby girl and Thunder brings her to the present time.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

*** Kim Woo Bin prepared a surprise gift for his 'Alienoid' co-star child actress Choi Yuri, in celebration of her elementary school graduation. On July 22, her mother posted to her Instagram photos of a smartphone with a caption - "Uncle Woo Bin bought Yuri a big present. Thank you, she will use it well."  She explained that KWB asked Yuri what she wanted for her graduation present, and she said a pencil case. But he also bought her an iPhone along with a pencil case. The mother also revealed that Kim Woo Bin also bought her a long padded coat so that she can stay warm during their filming in a cold weather.   :Ohboy3:

201684696_1280.jpg

201684695_1280.jpg

The number one movie this week is "Alienoid" 

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2022.07.22 - 2022.07.24 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Alienoid" (외계+인 1부) 2022/07/20 630 049 911 289
2 "Minions: The Rise of Gru"   599 205 832 297
3 "Top Gun: Maverick"   447 643 6 501 044
4 "Decision to Leave" (헤어질 결심) 2022/06/29 134 922 1 501 095
5 "Thor: Love and Thunder"   71 712 2 677 535
6 "Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween" (名探偵コナン ハロウィンの花嫁)   62 977 346 932
7 "The Roundup" (범죄도시 2) 2022/05/18 9 093 12 684 486
8 "Elvis"   5 933 77 178
9 "It's a Summer Film!" (サマーフィルムにのって)   5 445 10 520
10 "Hansan: Rising Dragon" (한산: 용의 출현) 2022/07/27 3 399 6 688

photo1521930.jpg

[CELEB] Kim Woo-bin is bulletproof and back on the big screen in sci-fi fantasy film 'Alienoid'

Kim Woo-bin [AM ENTERTAINMENT]

Actor Kim Woo-bin is back on the big screen for the first time in six years in director Choi Dong-hoon’s sci-fi fantasy film “Alienoid” and is fit, healthy and eager to appear before viewers again since recovering from his battle with nasopharyngeal cancer.

In “Alienoid,” Kim plays an alienoid referred to as “the guard,” who maintains order on Earth by keeping watch over alien prisoners locked inside human brains. In the planet he comes from, criminals are banished to Earth as punishment, where they are then imprisoned inside humans and lose their memories of who they are and where they ca

The actor initially debuted as a runway model in October 2008 and made his acting debut in January 2011 as he starred in KBS2 television series “White Christmas” with other newer actors at the time, such as Kim Young-kwang, Lee Soo-hyuk, Kwak Jung-wook, Hong Jong-hyun and Esom.

Actor Kim Woo-bin as “the guard,” an alienoid who keeps the alien prisoners locked inside human brains in line. [CJ ENM]

Actor Kim Woo-bin as “the guard,” an alienoid who keeps the alien prisoners locked inside human brains in line. [CJ ENM]

His breakthrough came relatively early in his acting career with KBS2 drama series “School 2013” (2012-13) and SBS’s “The Heirs” (2013), in both of which he portrayed similar yet different characters: defiant, rebellious teens in high school. The former dealt with real-life high school issues such as bullying, student suicide, school violence, private tutoring and problems of the school system, whereas the latter is set in a fictional high school for the privileged and dives into the relationships between the students as they prepare to take over their families’ business empires. Between the romance, friendships and character clashes, the series also indirectly highlights social problems such as class hierarchy and school bullying.

The actor has since starred in hit films such as “The Con Artists” (2014) and “Twenty” (2015) and took his first leading role in television with singer and actor Suzy in KBS2 drama series “Uncontrollably Fond” (2016), where he portrays a top star named Shin Joon-young, diagnosed with brainstem glioma with only a year left to live.

Kim was set to appear in another of Choi’s films tentatively titled “Wiretap,” a remake of the Hong Kong film “Overheard” (2009) with a star-studded cast including Lee Jung-jae of “Squid Game,” Yum Jung-ah and Kim Eui-sung, but suddenly had to put a stop to all of his activities when he was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017.

Instead of replacing Kim, however, Choi halted the film's production altogether.

Kim said he first heard about the filmmaker’s decision on “Wiretap” during the showcase for “Alienoid Part 1” on July 18, according to the actor at a press interview the following day at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, central Seoul.

“I had decided to work on ‘Wiretap,’ but then I was hit with cancer,” Kim said. "After that, Choi told me to just focus on recovery, and halted the project. Pre-production for the film was already underway, but I heard that he told [the distributer] CJ Entertainment that he didn’t want to work with anyone else in that role except for Kim Woo-bin. And CJ understood, which I heard about from CJ members yesterday at the afterparty. I was so touched, grateful. There are so many reasons and people that gave me the strength to return, but one of the biggest contributors that decision by Choi.

Spoiler
[AM ENTERTAINMENT]

[AM ENTERTAINMENT]

"I always thought I should repay him after I return to the industry. If I do get to return, and if Choi needs me in any way, whether it’s a cameo or whatever small role it is, I will be there no matter what. And when I was thinking about returning [to acting], Choi came over to my house and asked about my health. I said I was good, to which he suddenly leaned forward and said, ‘So, there's this character named guard…,’” Kim recalled with a laugh.

Kim had the chance to truly show off his various sides in “Alienoid Part 1,” perhaps reminiscent of his slyness in “The Heirs,” as the guard’s robot colleague, dubbed “Thunder,” who often morphs into his human form to mingle within human society.

Along with the cold, distant guard, Kim also portrays three other personalities, all different forms of Thunder.

“I thought of the guard as a lonely soul,” Kim explained as he discussed how he portrayed the different roles. “He exists for the completion of his missions and tries not to get himself involved in other situations, and he doesn't express how he feels. I thought of him as an observer who, for many centuries, has seen humans, their mistakes and their deaths and who would have been lonely because he never interacted with anyone. For Thunder, [although he’s a robot] he ironically expresses himself more [than the guard], in his relationship with young Lee Ahn. For the guard, his feelings had to be shown through little motions because he’s not the one to express much.”

Kim officially returned to acting after his battle with cancer in the hit tvN drama series “Our Blues,” a series of omnibus tales revolving around 14 residents of Jeju Island, which ended in June.

[AM ENTERTAINMENT]

[AM ENTERTAINMENT]

After “Alienoid Part 1,” Kim is also set to appear as a lead role in a Netflix original series “Black Knight” sometime later this year, where the role of delivery drivers takes on a whole new meaning in world with air so polluted that people cannot move around freely and need to rely on respirator masks to breathe. Kim portrays the delivery driver “5-8.”

Kim says that his forced time off from acting allowed him to reflect on himself and come out as a better person.

“[Before], I was living only for the future,” Kim said. “I was constantly pushing myself to become a better actor, with a better physique in each coming year. At some point, though, I realized that I couldn’t really remember moments when I was happy. I knew they were there, but I couldn’t remember them. I only remembered pushing myself, lashing out, urging myself to do better, which felt sad and regretful.

Kim Woo-bin returned to the entertainment industry after a six-year hiatus since being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017 in tvN drama series “Our Blues,” which tells a series of omnibus tales revolving around 14 residents of Jeju Island. Kim featured as one of the residents, Jeong-jun, romantically involved with Yeong-ok, portrayed by actor Han Ji-min. [TVN]

Kim Woo-bin returned to the entertainment industry after a six-year hiatus since being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017 in tvN drama series “Our Blues,” which tells a series of omnibus tales revolving around 14 residents of Jeju Island. Kim featured as one of the residents, Jeong-jun, romantically involved with Yeong-ok, portrayed by actor Han Ji-min. [TVN]

Kim Woo-bin's first lead role was in KBS2's "Uncontrollably Fond" (2016). He starred with singer and actor Suzy. [KBS2]

Kim Woo-bin's first lead role was in KBS2's "Uncontrollably Fond" (2016). He starred with singer and actor Suzy. [KBS2]

"I don’t think I’ve ever really consoled myself," Kim continued. "I think it’s because I started working at a young age, when I was 20 years old and I just wanted to live up to the expectations of the people who trusted me with a project or work. I never let myself have peace, I was always striving to fill in the holes: For instance, if I had three hours of free time, I would spend two hours working out and spend just an hour sleeping. So now, I try to give myself a pat on the back, tell myself I did a good job, and love myself more. I became happier, and I think it also gave me room to love others more too. This is not always so easy, and there are times when I resent myself, but I think it’s all about practice."

Kim Woo-bin (Kim Hyun-jung)

Date of birth: July 16, 1989
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Birthplace: Seoul
Debut: October 2008 as a model at Seoul Fashion Week 2009 S/S
Agency: AM Entertainment

Kim Woo-bin initially debuted as a runway model in October 2008 at Seoul Fashion Week 2009 S/S and made his acting debut in January 2011 through the KBS2 television series “White Christmas.” His breakthrough came as he consecutively appeared in two hit television series “School 2013” (2012-13) on KBS2 and “The Heirs” (2013) on SBS. Since then, the actor has starred in hit films such as “The Con Artists” (2014) and “Twenty” (2015), and took his first lead role on a television show with singer and actor Suzy in KBS2 drama series “Uncontrollably Fond” (2016). The actor took six years off to receive treatment for nasopharyngeal cancer, which he was diagnosed with in May 2017. 

This information was confirmed by AM Entertainment on July 22, 2022. 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** TODAY, July 26, Twitter Korea published its 'Top 10 Most Talked-About TV dramas/series in the Second Quarter of 2022'. The social media platform analyzed TV dramas and series tweeted about between April 1 through June 30, 2022. First, Mnet's 'Queendom 2' came out on top, being one of two variety programs in the top 10. While third place went to tvN's star-studded 'Our Blues'.   :loveu:

1658796424-179951-345634x.jpg

‘Alienoid’ May Not Break Even Despite Impressive Box-Office Results

Kmovie Alienoid boxoffice

One of the year’s most-anticipated movies, Alienoid: Part.1, led the week but may not break even at the box office.

According to data from the Korean Film Council on July 25th, Alienoid dominated the box office by attracting 630,095 moviegoers on its first week of release, and it has recorded a cumulative audience of 911,335 as of today. To surpass the break-even point, the film has to garner more than 7 million moviegoers considering the total production cost of 3.3 billion won ($ 22.9 million).

With big summer movies coming out in 1 or 2 weeks, the new film should have hit at least 2 million viewers on its opening week. However, it became evident that the film will not break even at the box office as it failed to attract even 1 million people in the audience on its first week.

To make matters worse, big tentpole movies like Hansan, Emergency Declaration, and Hunt are hitting theaters on July 27th, August 4th, and August 10th, respectively.

Hansan will likely knock off Alienoid from the top spot as soon as it opens at the box office on Wednesday. According to the reports made on July 25th, the advance ticket sales for Hansan recorded 40.7 percent, recording over 146,000 ticket sales, whereas Alienoid showed 13.4 percent with only 48,000 ticket sales. The records prove that Alienoid has failed to win spectators’ hearts.

With no positive reviews and a lack of positive word-of-mouth behind it, it seems evident that the film will not meet the half of its break-even point.

source https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010254741

***  Since the "Alienoid’s" director and cast members (Kim Ta Ri & Su Ji Sub) were tested positive for COVID-19, they further revealed that they would cancel the stage greetings on July 30th and 31st due to the spread of the virus. It was not an easy decision to make as they wanted to greet the fans in person, but they came to such a decision to put the safety of everyone first.  Meanwhile, KWB was tested negative.   :coolshades:

202207281001133410_1_20220728101401578.jpg?type=w540

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=415&aid=0000011929

Animation Minions: The Rise of Gru is 2nd, Top Gun: Maverick Surpassed 6.5 Million Viewers in Total

202207260947309e569c49-c166-4249-8035-ab4946711427.jpg 

The first runner of the 4-way box office race in the summer of 2022, the SF fantasy blockbuster with a production cost of 33 billion won, Director Choi Donghoon's Alienoid Part 1 topped the box office on the weekend of its release. According to the Korean Box Office Information System (KOBIS) of the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) on July 25, from July 22 (Fri) to 24 (Sun), Alienoid Part 1 ranked 1st with 632,032 audiences with 32.3% of sales. Alienoid Part 1, which was released on July 20, topped the list in the first week of its release, but with 913,272 viewers in total, it failed to mobilize 1 million viewers on the first weekend.

Alienoid Part 1 conveys fantastic imaginations of the past, modernity, fantasy, science fiction, Taoist wizards, and robots in the movie. Alienoid Part 1, deals with the adventures that take place at the end of the Goryeo Dynasty when the Taoist wizards trying to take the legendary sword and the figures chasing alien prisoners imprisoned in the human bodies in 2022 are connected through ‘the Door of Time.’

Ryu Junyeol, a Taoist wizard and troublemaker, Kim Taeri, a woman who shoots a ‘pistol’ in the Goryeo Dynasty, Kim Woobin, an alien manager in the future world, So Jisub, a detective chasing aliens, Yum Jungah and Jo Woojin, the best Taoist witch and wizard in Goryeo, Kim Euisung, a man with a mysterious mask, Lee Hanee, a future tracker, Shin Junggeun and Lee Sihoon, the mysterious cat duo, etc., a variety of actors transcending generations have been cast.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit : KOFIC NEWS

*** Recently, ELLE KOREA shared a video of Kim Tae Ri online. She described what KWB is like with emoji.  In the video, she answered questions using different emojis. She picked a sunglasses smiley face for him and said that he has the kind of physique that makes her go, "Whoa".  :cutekitty:

Kim Tae Ri

credit ELLE KOREA' YouTube

*** One reporter questioned KWB when his wedding be with his girlfriend Shin Min Ah. But Kim Woo Bin just smiled instead of giving an official answer. Kim Woo Bin and Shin Min Ah are the longest-lasting couple in K-biz, they built a fairy tale together. I also hope that they will quickly get married soon.  :heart2:

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2022.07.29 ~ 2022.07.31

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Hansan: Rising Dragon" (한산: 용의 출현) 2022/07/27 1 632 087 2 270 144
2 "Minions: The Rise of Gru"   340 445 1 505 013
3 "Top Gun: Maverick"   296 705 7 049 428
4 "Alienoid" (외계+인 1부) 2022/07/20 187 526 1 357 675
5 "Pororo Movie, Dragon Castle Adventure" (뽀로로 극장판 드래곤캐슬 대모험) 2022/07/28 129 391 171 518
6 "Decision to Leave" (헤어질 결심) 2022/06/29 78 312 1 672 104
7 "Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween" (名探偵コナン ハロウィンの花嫁)   30 003 411 643
8 "Thor: Love and Thunder"   6 274 2 709 700
9 "Emergency Declaration" (비상선언) 2022/08/03 4 268 15 758
10 "Beyond LIVE: EXO's Travel the World on a Ladder" (비욘드 라이브 더 무비 : EXO의 사다리 타고 세계여행 3) 2022/07/27 3 885 5 916

credit : KOFIC

https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

*** Despite casting stars of good stature, "Alienoid" has only earned 1,288,794 admissions in its first eleven days according to the Korean Film Council. It's far from competing with other major films.The movie is now likely to finish behind but, I hope not. An explanation for how the movie has hit such a shortfall is I guess the story was too complicated.  :weary:

*** In "Alienoid" Part 1, Kim Woo Bin flawlessly pulls off four different characters. First, he showed off intense action scenes as the Guard who manages the transfer of alien prisoners. Then, he got dressed up in pink attire as Thunder, Guard’s partner disguised as Guard, and showed unexpected cuteness as “model student” Thunder. So through this alternate character, Kim Woo Hin delicately portrayed the changes in the emotions of Guard, who had lived on Earth for a long time, escorting and managing alien prisoners.   :Megalol:

Kim Woo Bin Alienoid

Source: CJ ENM

*** One fashion magazine shared a video of Kim Woo Bin, Ryu Jun Yeol and Kim Tae Ri having a conversation together. Their conversation was based on random questions that were asked by fans in advance. One of the questions was, "What do you think the other two saved you on the phone as? Can you guess?" Right after reading this question out aloud, Ryu Jun Yeol answered, "I think I know exactly how you two saved me as on your phone."  He looked towards Kim Woo Bin and said, "You probably saved me as, 'Ryu Jun Yeol hyung'. I don't think you would have saved me as 'sunbae'."  With a straight face, Kim Woo Bin gently commented, "Of course I didn't save you as 'sunbae'. I'm your 'sunbae'.", emphasizing that he entered the industry before Ryu Jun Yeol.  Ryu Jun Yeol laughed, which made Kim Woo Bin laugh too.   :blush:

Kim Woo Bin