Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in May 2022

We have some history, magic, law, and melodrama coming our way this month! Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this May 2022 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in May 2022:

CURRENTLY AIRING IN MAY:

5. Our Blues

Our Blues Korean Drama - Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min

Our Blues tells the bittersweet stories of a group of people living on Jeju Island including a woman (Shin Min Ah) with a secret, a man (Lee Byung Hun) raised on Jeju Island who sells trucks, a ship Captain (Kim Woo Bin ), and a rookie diver (Han Ji Min).

Our Blues airs Saturday and Sunday on tvN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2022/05/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-may-2022/

*** Kim Woo Bin and Shin Min Ah have been dating in public for 7 years and are still going strong. He is 5 years younger than her. After Kim Woo Bin was diagnosed with cancer, his relationship with Shin Min Ah grew even stronger. She stood by his side as they went through a tough time together. I'm happy that Kim Woo Bin is completely cured. He has been working hard now to resume his promotions as an actor with a healthy status.   :7555_attack:

Shin-Min-Ah-and-Kim-Woo-Bin-donated-100-

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 25-May 1, 2022

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-25-may-1-2022/

Saturday, Apr. 30      
It’s Beautiful Now 9 KBS 22.3%
The King of Tears, Lee Bang-Won 31 KBS 10.7%
Tomorrow 10 MBC 2.5%
Showtime Begins! 3 MBC 2.3%
Again My Life 8 SBS 8.6%
Our Blues 7 tvN 7.9%
Shooting Stars 4 tvN 1.5%
My Liberation Notes 7 JTBC 3.3%
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3 15 TV Chosun 8.9%

Sunday, May 1      
It’s Beautiful Now 10 KBS 25.0%
The King of Tears, Lee Bang-Won 32 KBS 11.5%
Showtime Begins! 4 MBS 3.3%
Our Blues 8 tvN 9.6%
My Liberation Notes 8 JTBC 3.9%
A Superior Day 8 OCN 0.9%
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3 16 TV Chosun 10.4%

*** "Alien" film is coming soon! TODAY, May 3rd, it's confirmed that the upcoming film will premiere this summer. Filming for the movie itself wrapped up back in April last year (2021), after 13 months.

Check out the official teaser below  -  :shaq:

20220503_030731_200_0.jpg

Source: [Youtube] CJ ENM Movie

*** I love the poster of "Alien Part 1". It features a variety of unique characters. I also love the 1st teaser. It begins with a modern-day vehicle falling out of the sky in the kingdom of Goryeo. It also shows a glimpse of mythical sword and alien from two different timelines with the caption that says, “Here comes the most wondrous and compelling world of all time.”  The movie will be released in local theaters this summer. So, this will be anytime from June-September......... I hope we could get the exact schedule soon.  :heart:

Director Choi Dong-hoon's Action Fantasy Set for Summer Release

The first installment of director Choi Dong-hoon's two-part action blockbuster "Alien" is set to hit local theaters this summer. A teaser poster and trailer were released on Tuesday.

It is Choi's first film in seven years and is generating a lot of excitement given his reputation as the director behind a series of box office hits including "Assassination" (2015), "The Thieves" (2012) and "Tazza: The High Rollers" (2006). Choi is renowned for his ability to create fascinating characters and solid storylines.

"Alien" also boasts a star-studded cast including Ryu Jun-yeol, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Tae-ri, So Ji-sub, Yum Jung-ah and Lee Honey.

The two installments were planned and written together and filmed simultaneously.

The action fantasy revolves around swordsmen who try to find a legendary sword in the ancient Goryeo era and a group who chase after an alien imprisoned in a human body in the present. The story unfolds as the gates of time open between the two periods.

The first part is scheduled to be released on July 20.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

*** The movie, "Alien: was filmed earlier than "Our Blues." The premiere was held back due to pandemic. The narrative connects the Joseon era and present times, and the search for an alien.  It will be screened in two parts, with the first instalment due this summer.  :happydance:

video source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2022/05/04/alien-drops-trailer/

*** "Alien" has been in production for over 2-years and will come as 2-parts : Part 1 & Part 2 and will be released both this year. Part 1 will be this summer - looks like perfect for summer blockbuster flick. It looks like a super-fun movie.  The poster looked very Chinese because of the clothing & vibe feels. I hope this movie will do well. Watching the teaser trailer makes me excited. It's just a pity that Su Ji Sub barely appeared in the video. Wish could see more of him, though.   :emmm: 

***  "Our Blues"  stayed atop the list for three weeks in the drama ranking. This survey was released by the TV popularity analyst Good Data Corporation after analyzing the internet’s responses generated from news articles, blogs/communities, videos, and SNS in regards to 22 drama series and 192 variety shows that are either on-air or scheduled to be aired from April 25th through May 1st of 2022.  :ohboy2:

TOP 10 Popular TV Drama Series

1. tvN Our Blues (Share of Audience 18.28) ( – )
  2. JTBC My Liberation Notes (Share of Audience 14.30) ( – )
  3. JTBC Green Mothers’ Club (Share of Audience 7.78) ( – )
  4. TV Chosun Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3 (Share of Audience 7.59) (▲7)
  5. SBS Again My Life (Share of Audience 6.63) (▽1)
  6. tvN Military Prosecutor Doberman (Share of Audience 5.95) (▲1)
  7. KBS The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won (Share of Audience 5.83) (▲3)
  8. tvN Sh**ting Stars (Share of Audience 4.89) (▽3)
  9. MBC Tomorrow (Share of Audience 4.18) ( – )
  10. tvN The Killer’s Shopping List (Share of Audience 4.08) NEW

source : https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=33735558&memberNo=48669032

5 Korean actors who overcome illness and make an impressive return to the screen

These Korean actors have overcome illness to continue having respectable acting careers.

Despite their young age, the following Korean actors have spent a long time fighting illness before achieving success like today.

4. Kim Woo Bin

The news that Kim Woo Bin was seriously ill at the peak of his career in 2017 shocked the public at that time.

Accordingly, Shin Min Ah‘s boyfriend was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer. After that, the actor took a 4-year hiatus from acting to focus on treatment. Fortunately, Kim Woo Bin’s health has recovered.

5 Korean actors who overcome illness and make an impressive return to the screen 1

He is gradually returning to the entertainment activities. In the near future, he will make a comeback as the male lead in ‘Alien’, ‘People’ and ‘Our Blues’.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/05/04/5-korean-actors-who-overcome-illness-and-make-an-impressive-return-to-the-screen/

*** On May 7, KWB shared a photo of a sweet meet-up with Lee Kwang Soo at the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 6 with a caption - “Unexpected Awards” and added a trophy emoji.. Both  were presenters at the awards ceremony.   :kaching3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdOFGIZP_Ru/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=7ec9c527-1fb5-4b87-8532-4a99ccf5494d

*** Davichi has joined as the 5th artist for the OST of "Our Blues". The track was released yesterday May 7th. It's titled "Remember Me". It's a ballad song about longing to be touched by a lover with melodies from an acoustic guitar. Their

voice provide the perfect fit for the drama.   :popcornjackson:

*** Last night May 8, “Our Blues” soared into the double digits to achieve its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the star-studded drama took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an

average nationwide rating of 11.2 percent.   :wut:

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202205090100067680004669&servicedate=20220509

Dear Kim Woo Bin: A fan from India calls the ‘Our Blues’ star their 'most special and most magical person’

A fan from India writes a letter to South Korean actor Kim Woo Bin.

kim_woo_bin_main_0.jpg?width=752&format=

Born Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Woo Bin is a South Korean actor and model. The star began his career as a runway model, and went on to make his acting debut in 2011 through the drama ‘White Christmas’. Kim Woo Bin went on hiatus in May 2017 after being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer and completed his treatment plan in December of the same year. Kim Woo Bin made his return to the screen this year, and is currently starring in the drama ‘Our Blues’.

Today’s sweet letter has been penned by Aarushi Chauhan from India to Kim Woo Bin. Read her letter, below.

Hello, I am Aarushi Chauhan from India. My letter is to my most special and most magical person whose name is Kim Woo Bin. First of all, I want to ask you, are you okay? Your health, I know that the shooting of the show is over, but during the shooting, you had a lot of trouble with the top pearl things, due to which you had consumed a lot of medicines, sure you are absolutely fine? How is everything in your family? Hope everything goes well, I pray this to Jesus. Amen.

I am so glad that you are coming back on-screen. It has taken you a long time to come but you are coming very beautifully, you are not less than a wish every time I see you. You know why I call you magical? Because your feeling is very magical, your eyes, your words, your hair, your shy smile, you yourself. If I see, it seems that if God has given pain, then in the name of medicine has sent you.

I want to tell you a lot every time, but every time I get confused in words, all the words seem very few for you, you are the one who breaks the limit of my every word and starts a new history. There is a song. Whenever I listen to that song, I think of you, although every song, every peak thing reminds me of you, but this song is very old and its feeling is also different.

{It's all so beautiful

It's all so beautiful ... what?

This earth, this river, this night ... and ... and you

It's all so beautiful

This earth, this river, this night ... and ... and you.

We're so close to each other but the moon and the stars are far from us

To tell you the truth they all look fake to me.

But what seems real to me are

This earth, this river, this night ... and ... and you

How will you leave tomorrow morning leaving all this behind

Along with me even these will remember you a lot

It's all so beautiful

This earth, this river, this night... and ... and you

It's all so beautiful}...

This song is so cute like you, so it reminds me of you. Let me tell you one thing, whenever I see the moon, I talk to it, it seems that you are but you are a very beautiful and divine golden star, which shines differently in the sky, gives courage and love and respect to the rest of the stars. My heart is very extroverted and my tongue is very introverted, but when I have to talk about you, no one is more extroverted than me, I get a lot of happiness by talking about you; you give me a different level of comfort. And you laugh when I cry, seeing your picture gives happiness and courage, an unseen power which I can not explain at all, but maybe when you read this letter, you will understand.

I always just want you to never give up, people say anything, no matter how difficult it may be, but you do not forget to shine, I know and understand that you have suffered a lot, but do not forget that you are the part of your world. Be a great king and for me too. Whose victory has come only because of himself. If you did not fight for yourself, no one would have won for you, but your courage and passion have given you a new position and all the credit goes to you.

The person who is determined that he has to fight for himself and win, even the whole world can not spoil anything. I don't know how to win or lose, I just believe in you.

The respect and love that I have in my heart will never diminish for you, no matter what happens. I don't care if anyone comes and stands with you; you were the same for me yesterday as you are today, and you will be there tomorrow. No matter what you look at anyone and whatever people say to me you are not what people say to me you are what my heart and soul look at you. I like you the way you are, I can't imagine you with anyone. I like the introvert you are sometimes when you blush when you roll your eyes and hide. Your little smile those untold eyes say everything when I see your eyes. That pain, trouble, anger, heartburn, and restlessness all end. My love is only going to increase for you and will remain the same, my dearest Woo Bina.

Best of luck with every opportunity that comes ahead. You are doing very well. You are a wonderful person who has a very beautiful and big heart and cares a lot for everyone. You never need to be nervous. You are the best. Take care of yourself always. I will always write a letter to you like this and I will come soon where I will be able to see you from the front.

I miss you a lot and will always do, whenever I have to cry, when I am happy, when I am angry, then when I feel alone, and even when I do not understand anything, I will not see anything. A poem for you from my side -

{Staying in your love is enough for me,

it is not necessary to be with you,

I will lose the whole world in your arms,

because there is no one in this world of mine more dear than you}..

{Whenever your eyes smile to be honest,

I don't understand clocks at that moment,

The night waits for you,

Every single breath of mine just stops there}...

Every single word of mine for you I love you so much…

Beyond everything.

From India

Aarushi Chauhan.

source : PinkVilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-kim-woo-bin-fan-india-calls-our-blues-star-their-most-special-and-most-magical-person-1083477

6 Korean Actors Who Turned Down Roles in Popular K-Dramas

Many of our favorite K-actors right now all had their breakout roles, but for some of them, it could have been a totally different story because the roles they end up slaying were actually originally offered to someone else. Could you imagine these popular K-dramas with a different set of cast members? It’s hard to do so, but in an alternate universe, these are the actors that would have played many beloved K-drama roles if they didn’t turn the offer down.

Kim Woo Bin

6 Korean Actors Who Turned Down Roles in Popular K-Dramas 2

Many K-drama enthusiasts fell in love with Kim Woo Bin as Choi Young Do in The Heirs, which starred Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. He would have made a reunion with Park Shin Hye in the K-drama Pinnochio, this time as the main leads, after being offered the role. He had to turn it down, however, due to conflicts with his existing schedule and the role was eventually taken on by Lee Jong Suk.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/05/07/6-korean-actors-who-turned-down-roles-in-popular-k-dramas/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 2-8, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-2-8-2022/

Saturday, May 7      
It’s Beautiful Now 11 KBS 20.7%
Tomorrow 12 MBC 2.7%
Showtime Begins! 5 MBC 2.8%
Again My Life 10 SBS 9.6%
Our Blues 9 tvN 8.8%
Shooting Stars 6 tvN 1.4%
My Liberation Notes 9 JTBC 3.6%

Sunday, May 8      
It’s Beautiful Now 12 KBS 24.3%
Showtime Begins! 6 MBS 4.1%
Our Blues 10 tvN 11.2%
My Liberation Notes 10 JTBC 4.6%

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On May 10, 2022 Data)

popular-netflix-program-ranking-may-10_c

These are the most popular Netflix programs of the day in Korea based on May 10 data.

popular-netflix-program-ranking-may-10_r

1. "Our Blues"

2. "My Liberation Notes"

3. "The Sound of Magic"

4. "Tomorrow"

5. "Green Mothers' Club"

6. "We Got Divorced"

7. "Twenty-Five Twenty-One"

8. "Business Proposal"

9. "Doomed Marriage"

10. "SPY x FAMILY"

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-may-10-2022-data/