✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Watch Korean dramas on demand: These are the best streaming sites

K-dramas have exploded in popularity over the last decade and we’ve settled in quite comfortably on that bandwagon. Now there are more dramas produced than ever before and we know you want to watch them all (well, all the good ones at least).

Before your k-drama marathon binge, there are a few streaming sites to choose from when it comes to Korean content. You can browse around to find some unlicensed sites, some more secure — others not at all. But if you want the best sites with decent subtitles & no worrisome pop-up ads, here are the top ones on the list.

korean-streaming_1.jpg

Viki

Let’s face it, Viki is one of the best, most reliable free drama streaming sites in the business nowadays. The site itself has a nice layout, good information on shows & actors, and fast access to good subtitles. Not to mention they have a huge library of not only Korean dramas but also Chinese, Tawianese, and Japanese (as well as a few movies). 

There are of course those pesky — and extremely repetitive — ads that interrupt your drama watching, but there are no quality drama sites that let you watch for free without a few ads. If you want to cash in for the premium option, it’s only $4.99 a month.

korean-streaming_2-1024x555.jpg

KOCOWA

This streaming site has some selections for free content if you don’t want to pay any subscriptions. KOCOWA is partnered with Viki for it’s Plus subscription package so if you want to pay a bit more you can get two sites for the price of one. 

KOCOWA doesn’t have the biggest library although it can boast a variety in genres such as reality shows, K-pop music videos, and award shows. And if you keep up-to-date with new dramas, the site has an offering called Taste24hr which allows all users to watch new content twenty-four hours after its release.

korean-streaming_3.jpg

ViewAsian

This streaming site is more on the low rent side of the spectrum. It has a large library of Korean, Chinese, and even Thai dramas, but it’s plagued with pesky pop-ups at every turn. Still if you’re in a pinch, this site isn’t a bad one to check out. 

korean-streaming_4-576x1024.jpg

AsianCrush

AsianCrush is not really the best streaming site for drama series, but it does have a few solid options such as some older dramas for the 90s lovers, anime, and a good stock of films. Also the site has their content organized into handy genres, including a decent amount of queer films & shows. 

korean-streaming_5.jpg

Hulu

Here’s the end of the road for free watching as you need to pay a subscription for any perusal through Hulu. It has a fairly decent catalog of Korean dramas, particularly high quality dramas, but if you’re looking for quantity over quality this isn’t your streaming site. 

If you do feel like paying the piper, Hulu’s basic subscription plan is lower than most streaming sites ($5.99 a month) and Hulu does have some great original content.

korean-streaming_6.jpg

Netflix

Netflix is the most expensive option at $8.99 per month just for the basic plan. Netflix is a giant in the streaming industry but it would be fair to say it has a few duds in its original content selections. 

However, there are some truly superb K-dramas exclusive to Netflix that are must-sees like the beautiful & hilarious Crash Landing on You as well as one of 2019’s most sought after drama, Love Alarm. If you’re willing to spend some money, Netflix has some of the best dramas you can find.

• Like 1

Just now, Erick Miranda said:

Watch Korean dramas on demand: These are the best streaming sites

K-dramas have exploded in popularity over the last decade and we’ve settled in quite comfortably on that bandwagon. Now there are more dramas produced than ever before and we know you want to watch them all (well, all the good ones at least).

Before your k-drama marathon binge, there are a few streaming sites to choose from when it comes to Korean content. You can browse around to find some unlicensed sites, some more secure — others not at all. But if you want the best sites with decent subtitles & no worrisome pop-up ads, here are the top ones on the list.

korean-streaming_1.jpg

Viki

Let’s face it, Viki is one of the best, most reliable free drama streaming sites in the business nowadays. The site itself has a nice layout, good information on shows & actors, and fast access to good subtitles. Not to mention they have a huge library of not only Korean dramas but also Chinese, Tawianese, and Japanese (as well as a few movies). 

There are of course those pesky — and extremely repetitive — ads that interrupt your drama watching, but there are no quality drama sites that let you watch for free without a few ads. If you want to cash in for the premium option, it’s only $4.99 a month.

korean-streaming_2-1024x555.jpg

KOCOWA

This streaming site has some selections for free content if you don’t want to pay any subscriptions. KOCOWA is partnered with Viki for it’s Plus subscription package so if you want to pay a bit more you can get two sites for the price of one. 

KOCOWA doesn’t have the biggest library although it can boast a variety in genres such as reality shows, K-pop music videos, and award shows. And if you keep up-to-date with new dramas, the site has an offering called Taste24hr which allows all users to watch new content twenty-four hours after its release.

korean-streaming_3.jpg

ViewAsian

This streaming site is more on the low rent side of the spectrum. It has a large library of Korean, Chinese, and even Thai dramas, but it’s plagued with pesky pop-ups at every turn. Still if you’re in a pinch, this site isn’t a bad one to check out. 

korean-streaming_4-576x1024.jpg

AsianCrush

AsianCrush is not really the best streaming site for drama series, but it does have a few solid options such as some older dramas for the 90s lovers, anime, and a good stock of films. Also the site has their content organized into handy genres, including a decent amount of queer films & shows. 

korean-streaming_5.jpg

Hulu

Here’s the end of the road for free watching as you need to pay a subscription for any perusal through Hulu. It has a fairly decent catalog of Korean dramas, particularly high quality dramas, but if you’re looking for quantity over quality this isn’t your streaming site. 

If you do feel like paying the piper, Hulu’s basic subscription plan is lower than most streaming sites ($5.99 a month) and Hulu does have some great original content.

korean-streaming_6.jpg

Netflix

Netflix is the most expensive option at $8.99 per month just for the basic plan. Netflix is a giant in the streaming industry but it would be fair to say it has a few duds in its original content selections. 

However, there are some truly superb K-dramas exclusive to Netflix that are must-sees like the beautiful & hilarious Crash Landing on You as well as one of 2019’s most sought after drama, Love Alarm. If you’re willing to spend some money, Netflix has some of the best dramas you can find.

I am extremely proud that Love Alarm has become a staple to Netflix's best Korean series. If I am not mistaken, this is So Hyun's official first hit in terms of domestic and overseas reception, commercial and critical acclaim-wise. I know Ruler is a domestic ratings hit but it was poorly reviewed by critics, so it is not counted. Same with the likes of WAYS2015, LFG and TTON which were well-received by critics but performed average only in terms of domestic ratings (nonetheless, extremely popular overseas), so the same are also not counted.

• Like 1

lifestyle_logo-1.png
CAN’T HIDE FROM THE LOVE ALARM

Can’t hide from the Love Alarm

By: Ruth L. Navarra     Philippine Daily Inquirer / 04:20 AM August 25, 2019

SEOUL—There are a few uncomfortable truths that Korean drama “Love Alarm” uncovered. You cannot help who you like. There is no switch to turn off to make you stop liking someone. You cannot run away from your feelings.

“Love Alarm” is the title of the hugely successful webtoon by Cho Kye-young. Because the Koreans have a penchant for shortening long phrases into one word, jowahada which means “to like” became Jo. Thus, Love Alarm is also known as the Jo alarm. It refers to an app that rings whenever someone who likes you is within a 10-meter radius. Downloading it to your phone means allowing technology to have direct access to your emotions.

App for feelings

Netflix recreates the webtoon into a live-action series that stars Kim So-hyun as Kim Jojo, Jung Ga-ram as Lee Hye-young and Song Kang as Hwang Sun-oh. It is directed by Lee Na-jeong whose resumé includes the drama “Fight for My Way.” The Netflix Original series dropped the eight episodes that comprise Season 1 on Thursday, Aug. 22.

Director Na-jeong said that they put a lot of thought into the design and function of the app. They made sure the app appealed to both men and women.

“What you should look out for is how the app looks and sounds different in four years in the series timeline. We also spent a lot of time developing and creating a sound that’s memorable and evokes romantic feelings,” said Na-jeong during the press conference of the drama on Tuesday at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square.

However, “Love Alarm” is not just about the technology. The director said that she wanted to recreate the well-constructed world of the original story, but at the same time, portray the journey of love and growth of the three characters. This is what it means to ‘love’ someone, she added.

Actress So-hyun said that “Love Alarm” can also remind viewers of their first love. Because of the relationship of the three. Sun-oh is Jojo’s first love and Jojo is Hye-young’s first.

“I think it will remind them of what it was like to be in love for the first time and to be in a relationship,” she said.

Kim So-hyun Philippines sent their support to the actress through a rice wreath during the press conference. The rice wreath can feed 300 children.

To download or not

Super asked the cast in a panel interview if they would ever download the app in real life and if it can really reveal their feelings to their crush.

“I won’t use it. Why? Well, I’m too shy about exposing my feelings. If it was revealed to everyone, I’d be too embarrassed to leave my house,” said Song Kang.

So-hyun who was sitting next to him teased him and said that he is very shy. To which Song Kang replied, “Yes I am.”

So-hyun also said that she will not download the app if it was real. The reason is completely different from Song Kang’s.

“I think I also wouldn’t download it. I think it could lead to less conversations. More people will not know how to express their feelings. So I don’t think I’d use it,” she told Super.

Ga-ram is the only one brave enough who will download the app. He said that he is also quite shy but he thinks that the app can help him express his own feelings for someone he likes. He thinks the app is very helpful.

Ga-ram the fanboy

The actor came to the project knowing exactly how he would interpret his character.

Can’t hide from the Love Alarm“Even before the decision was made to create a Netflix Original Series, I always liked Hye-young. I communicated very clearly how much I like the character. I shared with the director a lot of my interpretation of Hye-young’s thoughts and we shaped the character together for the series,” he said.

He said that Hye-young is such a great son to his mother and that he really likes that. He added that Hye-young is really considerate of his friends.

Super asked what advice he would give his character if he could speak to him.

“I’d like to tell him to not always put others’ needs before his own. Don’t hold your feelings back. Share them and you may hurt less. Why do you do that?” he said. So-hyun laughed at his answer and echoed, “Why does he do that?”

So does Ga-ram think that Sun-oh is a villain to his character? He does not.

“Sun-oh is a good friend to Hye-young. They grew up together, so Hye-young and Sun-oh know each other and where they come from. Sun-oh has his family issues and Hye-young is really loved. While they compete for the love of one woman, they’re more than friends, they’re like brothers,” he said.

Director’s choice

Director Na-jeong said that Ga-ram “is someone who has a pure and sentimental aura out of all the actors I’ve met in their 20s.” She thinks his genuine expressions represent Hye-young the best.

The director also revealed the reason she chose Song Kang over 900 other actors who tried out for the role of Sun-oh: he offered something different every single time. She added that he could handle a wide spectrum of personalities from a lonesome, indifferent person to an energetic boy and a cute, kind-hearted person.

So-hyun is the perfect Jojo, according to the director, and not just because So-hyun resembles the webtoon character. Director Na-jeong said that her ability to portray a wide range of emotions made her the perfect fit for the role.

“She embraced various aspects of Jojo to near perfection, from Jojo’s strong and positive personality to her falling in love and shutting the world out to lead a lonely life,” she said. She gave So-hyun directions on how to portray Jojo.

Director Na-jeong said that she doesn’t want Jojo to appear too depressed or reserved because of her history. The director knew that portraying Jojo is difficult but she praised the actress for doing a great job.

The director tried to follow the timeline of the original webtoon as closely as possible. Fans who have read the original webtoon would notice that the first ten chapters comprise the first episode. It climaxed with an unexpected kiss between Jojo and Sun-oh.

Super asked Song Kang how he prepared for that scene. “I concentrated on Sun-oh’s feelings and how to create that chemistry with Jojo,” he said.

Explosive chemistry, unrequited love and life-changing choices are just some of the complicated effects of the Love Alarm in the characters’ life. Will you download it or not?

“Love Alarm” is streaming on Netflix.

Read more: https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/343648/cant-hide-from-the-love-alarm/#ixzz6PIza5EGv
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

• Like 1

Our Page Turner couple. Looking forward for their pairing someday. :blush:

FASHION

Kim So Hyun & Ji Soo Strut Korean Eyewear Brand Gentle Monster With Style & Swag In Singapore

By abbyinhallyuland | February 25, 2019

GENTLE BEAUTY MEETS MONSTER APPEAL WHEN KOREAN STARS KIM SO HYUN AND JI SOO GRACED SINGAPORE’S GENTLE MONSTER 2019 EYEWEAR COLLECTION KICK-OFF PARTY.

Korean eyewear brand Gentle Monster officially launched its new season’s eyewear collection by tapping hottest Korean stars Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo to spark the event.

Kim So Hyun_Ji Soo_Gentle Monster

Adorned with stars and artists, Gentle Monster celebrated “13” – the brand’s 2019 eyewear collection on February 21 at the new flagship store in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.

Balancing the lines of art and commerce, Gentle Monster presented a new vision of fashionable and economical eyewear.

Aiming to broaden its reach, the event was also attended by Asian celebrities including Thailand’s Lydia Sarunrat Deane and Rathfar Chaichueanjit.

Singapore artists Narelle Kheng, Benjamin Kheng and Jonathan Chua from The Sam Willows, Amanda Chaang, Jasmine Sokko, Lee Teng and Julie Tan were also in attendance.

Kim So Hyun_Ji Soo_Gentle MonsterKim So Hyun_Ji Soo_Gentle Monster

“13” – UNDECEMBER

Taking inspiration from its ongoing project theme “13”, Gentle Monster’s 2019 collection interestingly takes the premise of creating the 13th lunar month, “Undecember”, caused by a drift between the earth and the moon.

“Undecember” emphasizes the scenario of how the future Earth has to endure extreme ecological changes brought about by the shift of paradigm.

Searching for the core essence of life is the concept of “13”. It pushes to question reality to gain better insight for new possibilities.

Featuring an impressive fusion of classic and advant-garde designs, Gentle Monster’s 2019 collection caters to fashion-forward trendsetters and those looking for more wearable pieces.

In addition, statement-making pieces such as bees and ribbon are among the new styles which are featured in the campaign with Frederik Heyman.

Ranging from S$368 to S$509, the Gentle Monster 2019 collection “13” is available at both Gentle Monster Singapore flagship stores in ION Orchard and Marina Bay Sands.

Innovative fast-growing fashion eyewear label, Gentle Monster is renowned as Korean and Asian celebrities’ favourite.

Known for its exciting unique retail concepts, the brand now has two flagship stores in Singapore; The Data Addict at Marina Bay Sands and Samsara at ION Orchard.

Kim So Hyun_Ji Soo_Gentle Monster

LIST

8 Korean Child Actors Who Have Transformed To Top K-Drama Stars

By abbyinhallyuland | July 14, 2018

DEDICATION TO WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME CAME IN EARLY FOR FORMER POPULAR SOUTH KOREAN CHILD ACTORS. NEVERTHELESS, THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOR ARE EVIDENTLY ENJOYED THESE DAYS.

Having filming sets as their known playgrounds and being flexible to adjust in the set conditions while shooting as a child are feats which only disciplined and passionate performers can achieve.

South Korean child actors

Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Yoo Jung, Yeo Jin Goo and Kim So Hyun are some of the child artists who grew up right before the audience’ eyes, winning us with genius portrayals that have improved overtime to stable perfection. The uphill battle that they individually sustained provided them much-needed opportunities for breakthroughs to become today’s shining star models.

Let’s dig back at the current small and big screen reliable performers who have emerged from their humble and memorable beginnings as child actors.

1. YOO SEUNG HO

As the first generation epitome of successful transition from youth to adult acting, the skilled actor has warped from being grandmother’s well-loved city boy from 2002’s heartwarming film, The Way Home. He has solidified his presence as a bankable leading man leaving astounding roles both in television and film.

Notable works: I’m not a Robot, Ruler, Remember, I Miss You, Magician, Operation Proposal, Queen Seondeok, Hearty Paws

2. KIM YOO JUNG

When Kim Yoo Jung delighted TV fans with Park Bo Gum in period drama Love in the Moonlight, viewers have begun accepting that the pretty little girl who practically became the younger version of historical famous drama and film heroines was no longer a baby. Since inking her first leading lady stint, she has moved to carry on with future ventures, particularly Clean with Passion for Now which is coming up this year.

Notable works: Angry Mom, Love Cells 1&2, Secret Door, Golden Rainbow, May Queen, The Moon that Embraces the Sun, Dong Yi, Iljimae

3. KIM SO HYUN

Sharing the same fate as the rest of the artists in this list – who have extensive drama experiences under her belt but the variety of genres she covered – had fueled her now-evident flexibility as a lead actress. From her breakthrough lead role in Who Are You School 2015, she did not look back and scored three more main roles, with the last being romantic comedy Radio Romance this year.

Notable Works: Ruler Master of the Mask, The Last Princess, Let’s Fight Ghost, I Miss You, The Girl Who Sees Smell, Rooftop Prince, Reset, The Strange Housekeeper, I Hear Your Voice

4. YEO JIN GOO

The first two actresses mentioned above grew up together with Yeo Jin Goo in the filming sets of projects they worked with. From being nation’s little brother, he has evolved to stunning visuals and emotional convictions on his roles in Circle and Reunited Worlds. He soon will meet his followers as South Korea’s Absolute Boyfriend.

Notable Works: Jackpot, Orange Marmalade, Potato Star, I Miss You, The Moon That Embraces the Sun, Tree with Deep Roots, Hwayi, Sad Movie

5. KIM SAE RON

Bagging awards from her critically acclaimed starting films, A Brand New Life and The Man from Nowhere, Kim Sae Ron extended her craft to the small screen, seamlessly parading commendable role immersions in her recent works in Snowy Road and Mirror of the Witch.

Notable works: A Girl at My Door, Manhole, Fashion King, The Queen’s Classroom, High School Love On, To Be Continued, Glamorous Temptation

6. KIM HYANG GI

Doted by her senior actors, Kim Hyang Gi is still in her teens, but has so far established well-praised portrayals on her portfolio. She has worked with most of the Korean stars in this list, and is set to appear in the sequel of the highest grossing 2017 film Along with the Gods this August.

Notable works: Snowy Road, Revenge Note, Werewolf Boy, Grand Heist, Wedding Dress, The Queen’s Classroom, Hearty Paws

OMG! I DIDN'T EXPECT THEY WERE ONCE A PAIRING. NOT TO IGNITE COMPARISONS (COZ I LOVE BOTH GIRLS), JCW-KSH PAIRING ALSO LOOKS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. HOPE THEY WILL MAKE A DRAMA IN THE FUTURE. BUT MY BET FOR NOW IS PARK SEO JOON OR AHN HYO SEOP. PLEASE DRAMA GODS, PLEASE!

TV / MOVIES

Ji Chang Wook And Kim So Hyun To Dub For Animated Film “Your Name”

By Reg Cagampan | June 17, 2017

WE WILL BE HEARING JI CHANG WOOK AND KIM SO HYUN’S VOICES IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT.

Ji Chang Wook, Kim So Hyun, Animated Film Your Name

(Photo credits: Glorious Entertainment/Sidus HQ)

Actors Ji Chang Wook and Kim So Hyun are chosen to lend their voices for the dubbed version of the 2016 hit animated film Your Name.

Ji will take on the role of Taki, a high school boy and aspiring architect living in Tokyo, while Kim plays as a high school girl named Mitsuha, who lives in rural Japan and dreams of moving to Tokyo.

Your Name is a story of how these two high school teenagers, who have never met before, cross paths by getting their bodies swapped, and eventually fall in love.

Ji Chang Wook, Kim So Hyun, Animated Film Your Name

(Photo credits: Megabox Plus M)

Your Name premiered in South Korea in January, and was a certified local box office hit for two consecutive weeks. It has been recorded as the fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan.

Ji Chang Wook and Kim So Hyun currently star in two different dramas on the Wednesday-Thursday slot, and will coincidentally work together for this animated movie project.

Ji leads the popular SBS rom-com series Suspicious Partner (with Nam Ji Hyun) as prosecutor Noh Ji Wook, while Kim takes on the female lead role in the MBC historical drama Ruler: Master of the Mask (with Yoo Seung Ho and Infinite’s L).

This animation dubbing role will be the first for both actors in this genre. It is also one of the farewell projects of Ji before his military enlistment.

Korean-dubbed Your Name is set to hit local theaters on July 13.

FEATURED

Kim So Hyun Talks About Working On School Themed Dramas & Missing Out On Real Life Young Love Experience

By abbyinhallyuland | October 11, 2019

KIM SO HYUN IS BORN TO REACH MORE HEIGHTS IN HER CAREER AS AN ACTRESS.

Growing up from an amazing child actress to a stunning small screen siren of her generation, Kim So Hyun has been reaping the fruits of her hard work.

Kim So Hyun

At 20, Kim So Hyun is on her 11th year in the industry. It goes to say that she is deemed a professional having starred in over 40 dramas and films.

Compared to his peers, Kim has made the effort to work on roles above her age, yet displaying portrayals without difficulty.

From her first work as an adult, Radio Romance, she has since headlined popular and acclaimed dramas. Currently, she is starring in KBS high-rating period romance drama, The Tale of Nokdu.

In July this year, her Netflix original series Love Alarm received immense following from K-Drama patrons. Confessing she initially wanted to avoid school set dramas, she expressed maturity on where she wants her career to flow.

97829551.2.jpg

“I wasn’t going to wear uniform again after ‘Radio Romance’. If I can’t act in the future, I’m worried about it. I was in a hurry. But after looking around, I didn’t have to be hasty.”

As she has been widely-regarded in the school-set dramas she appeared in, she dismisses the idea of her being typecast. Instead, she remains firm in her belief that as long as it is a good work, she would be willing to portray a school girl role.

SO HYUN’S YOUNG LOVE YEARNING

Instead of playground, Kim like most child actors grew up in filming locations. She honestly admitted not being able to experience real “campus romance”. Quipping getting the experience from the dramas she has shot before, especially those filmed in romantic backdrop, she revealed feeling a little bit of regret for missing it in real life.

Love Alarm

Kim said, “I regret it now (laughs) and I didn’t really care about reason when I was in middle school. I didn’t have a lot of friends around me. I didn’t want to be in love, and maybe I was afraid. I have a lot to think about. If you have someone you like enough that would be worth it, it must be great, but I don’t feel that way yet.”

Revealing having troubles acting in romance stories, she relayed her zero dating experience contributes to it. She seeks help by watching romance movies.

“I haven’t felt deep love emotions. When I act, I try my best to feel that feeling so I immerse to the idea that I really like the actor I am paired with,” she added.

ON FUTURE ROLES SHE WANTS TO DO

With her on point roles in the dramas she has worked on, she has been getting more love calls. However, the beautiful actress dismisses being tagged as a workaholic.

Explaining she is grateful for the downpour of projects, she relayed how she would seize the opportunity to a role she wants to play. Choosing to forego might be a regret later.

Kim So Hyun

Moreover, Kim mentioned wanting to shoot meaningful independent movies, as well as, short films.

Finding a life that complements her style, Kim So Hyun acknowledges how she has little interaction. But, since entering young adulthood after Radio Romance, she began meeting people and going around.

As a late bloomer, she heeds the advice to play and have fun, but it should be healthy and within the boundaries of law and morality. The actress who wants to learn how to cook and enjoys having mornings alone is living the time of her life.

• Like 1

Just now, Erick Miranda said:

FEATURED

Kim So Hyun Talks About Working On School Themed Dramas & Missing Out On Real Life Young Love Experience

By abbyinhallyuland | October 11, 2019

KIM SO HYUN IS BORN TO REACH MORE HEIGHTS IN HER CAREER AS AN ACTRESS.

Growing up from an amazing child actress to a stunning small screen siren of her generation, Kim So Hyun has been reaping the fruits of her hard work.

Kim So Hyun

At 20, Kim So Hyun is on her 11th year in the industry. It goes to say that she is deemed a professional having starred in over 40 dramas and films.

Compared to his peers, Kim has made the effort to work on roles above her age, yet displaying portrayals without difficulty.

From her first work as an adult, Radio Romance, she has since headlined popular and acclaimed dramas. Currently, she is starring in KBS high-rating period romance drama, The Tale of Nokdu.

In July this year, her Netflix original series Love Alarm received immense following from K-Drama patrons. Confessing she initially wanted to avoid school set dramas, she expressed maturity on where she wants her career to flow.

97829551.2.jpg

“I wasn’t going to wear uniform again after ‘Radio Romance’. If I can’t act in the future, I’m worried about it. I was in a hurry. But after looking around, I didn’t have to be hasty.”

As she has been widely-regarded in the school-set dramas she appeared in, she dismisses the idea of her being typecast. Instead, she remains firm in her belief that as long as it is a good work, she would be willing to portray a school girl role.

SO HYUN’S YOUNG LOVE YEARNING

Instead of playground, Kim like most child actors grew up in filming locations. She honestly admitted not being able to experience real “campus romance”. Quipping getting the experience from the dramas she has shot before, especially those filmed in romantic backdrop, she revealed feeling a little bit of regret for missing it in real life.

Love Alarm

Kim said, “I regret it now (laughs) and I didn’t really care about reason when I was in middle school. I didn’t have a lot of friends around me. I didn’t want to be in love, and maybe I was afraid. I have a lot to think about. If you have someone you like enough that would be worth it, it must be great, but I don’t feel that way yet.”

Revealing having troubles acting in romance stories, she relayed her zero dating experience contributes to it. She seeks help by watching romance movies.

“I haven’t felt deep love emotions. When I act, I try my best to feel that feeling so I immerse to the idea that I really like the actor I am paired with,” she added.

ON FUTURE ROLES SHE WANTS TO DO

With her on point roles in the dramas she has worked on, she has been getting more love calls. However, the beautiful actress dismisses being tagged as a workaholic.

Explaining she is grateful for the downpour of projects, she relayed how she would seize the opportunity to a role she wants to play. Choosing to forego might be a regret later.

Kim So Hyun

Moreover, Kim mentioned wanting to shoot meaningful independent movies, as well as, short films.

Finding a life that complements her style, Kim So Hyun acknowledges how she has little interaction. But, since entering young adulthood after Radio Romance, she began meeting people and going around.

As a late bloomer, she heeds the advice to play and have fun, but it should be healthy and within the boundaries of law and morality. The actress who wants to learn how to cook and enjoys having mornings alone is living the time of her life.

I am also rooting for her to try the Chungmuro field. I am seeing her having a Son Ye Jin or Jun Ji Hyun careers if she tried to make movies for a while. Actually, doing movies over dramas will help her hone more her acting skills and win prestigious awards like Grand Bells, Blue Dragon and Baeksang. So, I hope that So Hyunnie spends some time thinking about having a career Chungmuro because her future their is extremely bright.

• Like 1

1-42-800x445-800x445.jpg
STAR VIDEO 

Who Will be The Next Korean ‘Tae Hye Ji’?

If we hear the name ‘Tae Hye Ji’, it is not an exaggeration to mention that these are the names of Korean top beauty representatives. If we want to talk about actresses who have long-lasting beauty despite no longer being in their 20s, we can mention ‘Tae Hye Ji’. The perfection of ‘Tae Hye Ji’ can not be hidden, even by their marital status.
Image source: K-STAR

Jun Ji Hyun, who got married in 2012, still succeeded in all the works that she has done since the marriage. Even after Kim Tae Hee announced her relationship with Rain, got married, and now pregnant with their first child,
she is still considered one of the many Korean top stars. Lastly, news of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s wedding date recently grabbed public’s attention. This means the ‘Tae Hye Ji’ now belongs to their husbands. to Who will replace the ‘Tae Hye Ji’ as Korean beauty representatives in the future?

There are some actresses who are considered as their successor. The first candidate is Kim Yoo Jung, who debuted as a model in 2003, but now more active on drama screens. Kim Yoo Jung’s peer, Kim So Hyun, also has shown her potential as an actress. There is also Won Bin’s ‘daughter’, Kim Sae Ron, who’s more well-known as an adult actress rather than child actress.

13-14.jpg Image source: K-STAR

Kim Yoo Jung, Kim So Hyun, and Kim Sae Ron started their career as little actresses and grew up developing their acting power. Fans expect these three girls to be able to be the next ‘beauty representative’ that will replace ‘Tae Hye Ji’ in the future.

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun becomes a new model of Pocari Sweat

APRIL 8, 2015

Pann: New model of Pocari Sweat Kim So Hyun

1.jpg
2.jpg

=

1. [+122, -9] Original.gif

3.gif

2. [+91, -8] Pretty... *sobs

4.jpg

3. [+80, -8] So Hyun is now Pocari girl <3

5.jpg

4. [+34, -6] She's honestly so pretty ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6.jpg

5. [+29, -8] Reminds me of Son Ye Jin as the model... So pretty

6. [+28, -7] It suits Kim So Hyun's innocent image!

7.jpg

7. [+25, -55] Kim Yoo Jung won't be a visual in the future because her face is too flat~

8. [+24, -5] She's looking more like Son Ye Jin as she's growing up

9. [+18, -4] Wow, a model of Pocari... She's on an elite course of innocent image. She's so pretty and it suits her

10. [+16, -6] I personally find So Hyun prettier than Yoo Jung
  • Like 1

History of models of Pocari Sweat

DECEMBER 13, 2015

1.gif

1987~1988 - Swimmer Choi Yoon Hee

2.gif

1989 - Park Young Sun

3.gif

1990 - Kim Hye Soo

4.gif

1991 - Go Hyun Jung

5.gif

1992 - Kim Yoon Jung

6.gif

1993 - Kim Jisoo

7.gif

1994 - Shim Eunha

8.gif

1996 - Kim Hyun Soo

9.gif

1997 - Jang Jin Young

10.gif

1998 - Kim Gyuri

11.gif

1999 - Jinusean

12.gif

2001~2002 - Son Ye Jin

13.gif

2003 - Han Jimin

14.gif

2004 - Park Shin Hye

15.gif

2005 - Lee Yeon Hee

16.gif

2006 - Go Eun Ah

17.gif

2007~2008 - Son Ye Jin

18.gif

2009 - Kim Soeun

19.gif

2010 - Yang Jin Sung

20.gif

2011 - Moon Chae Won

21.gif

2012 - Camel

22.gif

2013 - Park Se Young

23.gif

2014 - Lee Da In

24.gif

2015 - Kim So Hyun :heart:
  • Like 1

10 Other K-Dramas To Watch For Fans Of Love Alarm

If you loved Love Alarm, we've got the best of korean drama to binge watch next.

The rest of the world is only just now waking up to the awesomeness of Korean dramas, shorted to K-dramas by die-hard early adopters in the west. Turns out it's not just scary movies that South Korea is really good at making.

RELATED:10 Scariest Korean Movies To Never Watch Alone, Ranked

The actors are beautiful (even the dudes), the storylines are compelling, and the majority of the shows are wrapped up in a season or two, leading to very little audience fatigue. Love Alarm is one such awesome show that debuted on Netflix recently to great acclaim. Here are 10 other K-dramas you need to watch after bingeing on Love Alarm:

10The King In Love

Travel back to the time of kings and princesses! Based on the novel of the same name, the show is a historical romance drama. A young and ambitious monarch, Won, finds his life turned upside down when he falls in love with San, a beautiful young woman who is also the object of affection of Won's dearest friend and bodyguard Rin. Won finds himself trapped between love and his sense of duty towards his kingdom and his friend. There's a great deal of bromance in this show, something you don't get to see as often in K-drama romances.

9Who Are You: School 2015

Featuring the same actress as in Love Alarm, the show follows the lives of a set of identical twins, separated at a young age. While one of the twins grows up in an orphanage, the other is brought up in the lap of luxury. A botched suicide attempt after being unjustly expelled causes the poorer twin to lose her memory.

Being mistaken for her sibling, the poor twin is brought in by her parents and begins to assume her sister's identity. Naturally, roadblocks soon begin to appear in the twin's path, and she finds herself being targeted by many of her peers in her new life. Despite receiving mixed reviews upon release, the show has since developed something of a cult following and shot its actors to stardom.

8Boys Over Flowers

Geum Jan-di is a poor girl who receives a scholarship to the most prestigious school in town after saving a student from a suicide attempt. At the new school, Geum is targeted by the F4, the most powerful boys club in the place comprising exclusively of rich business heirs who were also the ones responsible for the student's suicide attempt.

RELATED:10 Best Korean Shows To Stream On Netflix

Things take a turn when the leader of the F4 finds the spirited Geum a worthy adversary after he tries to bully her, and then starts to fall in love with her. The rest of the show follows the manner in which Geum's influence improves the attitudes and lives of the F4 and how they decide to turn over a new leaf.

7Something In The Rain

Yoon Jin-ah is a single woman in her mid-30s. Despite having a superficially successful life, there is something missing in her life, although she is not sure what exactly that is. Yoon finds that her easy-going life is suddenly no longer enough to satisfy her when she meets her best friend's younger brother Seo, who has recently returned to Korea.

The two discover that the road that begins with friendship and ends at love is not as smooth as you would want it to be. What really makes this romantic drama stand out is the sparkling chemistry between the lead couple and the nuanced portrayal of relationships that is on display throughout the series.

6Hit The Top

If you like your romance with a twist of science-fictiony time-travel shenanigans, this is the show for you. Pop idol Yoo Hyun-Jae mysteriously finds himself transported from 1993 to 2017. While trying to uncover the reason behind this occurrence and adjusting to his new life in an alien time period, Yoo meets Lee Ji-Hoon, who dreams of becoming a pop-idol himself.

The show explores the ambitions of a set of youngsters who are forced by society onto certain paths, while yearning to strike out on their own and take control of their destinies. Lots of comedic elements help to offset some of the more surprisingly intense moments from the series.

5Discovery Of Love

A classic love triangle. Han Yeo-reum and Nam Ha-jin are in love and about to get married. But the happily ever after will have to wait when Yeo-reum's ex comes back into the picture. Now Yeo-reum needs to work with her old boyfriend once again, and in the process, finds herself falling back in love with him. A solid rom-com drama that is not afraid to get silly while still managing to tug at your heartstrings.

4Dream High

Once again, we find ourselves at a Korean high school with improbably pretty students of all genders. This one is named the Kirin High School of Art, which is as descriptive a name as it is vague. But that allows for the show to have a multitude of students all vying to become Korea's next big star. There are teen shenanigans, teen romance, and teen rivalries, all served with a cache of catchy K-pop numbers that will have you tappy-tap-tapping your foot whenever the students burst into songs.

3High School Love On

Things get metaphysical when an angel who wishes to more closely understand the human experience accidentally saves a male student from ending his life. In the process, the angel becomes a human, with the appearance of a high school girl, which was fortunate, since the show would not have been nearly as popular if the angel had turned into an overweight, middle-aged guy. The angel now must make her way through Korean high-school life and discover what it means to be human in the process.

212 Years Promise

To say that Guk Jang and Jun-su Yoo have a troubled past would be an understatement. The two were together in high school until one reckless night ended with Guk Jang becoming pregnant, causing a huge rift and driving them apart. Twelve years later, fate brings the two together again, this time with Jun-su not being aware that the woman he is drawn towards is the one he has such a bitter history with. Guk Jang struggles to keep her secret and assume control of her life again, but does destiny have a different plan?

1Marry Him If You Dare

Even though it sounds like a Korean reality-TV show where twelve female contestants have to compete for the affection of a serial killer, the show is actually about Na Mi-rae, who travels back in time to stop her past self from falling for a handsome news anchor. Mi-rae must choose between settling down with the man of her dreams, or striking out on her own to fulfill her own dreams in life.

• Like 1