✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

1 hour ago, angrytomato said:

According to Viki, she is 164 cm tall (5'4''-5'5'').

That might be old information.

I feel like she's 5'6" around. She's only a few inches shorter than her manager in the pics who looks well over 6 feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angrytomato said:

OK. As we can't come to an agreement, I volunteer to measure her in person. My sacrifice for the good of this forum.

Hahahaha..  Don't leave me.. Set the date and we go to meet her together.  :D

@mindstar

Taec is such a bright person and I'm happy that he's in Sohyun's circle of friends. Hope she will visit him later.

• Like 2

There's no question about it now. David Lee and So-Hyun are actually pretty close with each other. I'm surprised they're this close though. I love them in Let's Fight Ghost. Look at 0:06 of this video below. I don't know if you guys have seen it yet but this is my first time after knowing she sent a food truck to support him and Taecyeon, plus they've worked together 3 times already (waiting for their 4th collab):

No wonder she said he's her lucky Angel. I'm glad there are some male colleagues who she can at least be comfortable and close with like this.

• Like 4

There's no shortage of beautiful people in this world. There are people who were born a beauty and there are others less fortunate. The less fortunate people go out of their ways to upgrade then downgrade. Why does beauty matter when it can never bring people true happiness? Are we really that blind? We exist, we live, we get sick, we grow old then we move out of our bodies to go to a new one. Do you guys know why we are born into this world? It's because we think beauty is real. It's because we are greedy for it. If we think less about how we look on the outside, I can guarantee you will find happiness right at that moment. And that is why Kim So-Hyun's personality, mind and character matters to me a great deal while her looks mean nothing to me.

• Like 2

I want to share with you guys how I first found Kim So-Hyun. Please forgive me if I'm being too random and writing this essay-like post. :wub:

I first saw Kim So-Hyun in 'I Can Hear Your Voice'.

It was my very first drama from her. I can still remember clearly that I was randomly searching for a supernatural drama to watch to relieve all the stress from school work. The storyline for this drama sounded interesting so I started to watch it. I was new to the K-pop and K-drama stuff back then. I didn't know who So-Hyun was at that time. I started watching the first few episodes of this drama and So-Hyun's acting attracted my attention. There was nothing subtle about it. I can remember that it was her serious, soulful and expressive yet calm performance that impressed me.

Kim So-Hyun was the only reason that had made me wanted to continue to watch the drama 'I Can Hear Your Voice'. Like I said, nothing subtle. At that time the drama was still airing. And I didn't know Soompi Forum existed. And I still yet do not know how to watch a drama live. The more I continued watching the more I realised I'm hungry to see So-Hyun's performance on my screen. The storyline was great. Lee Jong Suk was great. Lee Bo-Young was great as well but deep down I knew they weren't the reason why I wanted to continue watching.

I've never seen such a powerful performance from such a young actress like So-Hyun before. However, the real reason why I think So-Hyun captured my interest was because I can relate to her expressions when she's acting. Her expressions were realistic, not too exaggerating, logic and on point. She was able to immerse herself into that character without losing herself in the process. In other words, she can hold her own. I just love her for that. 

And I think that was sort of how the director of 'Let's Fight Ghost' saw and felt about So-Hyun's outstanding performance. I was very surprised to read that both me and LFG's director both found out about So-Hyun first from the same drama. I'm glad somebody else saw something that I also saw in So-Hyun. Her endless potential. 

I reckon her best performance to-date is in the drama 'Reset' with Chun Jung Myung. I was literally blown-away by her bad-girl-gone-good transformation. I loved it. Her performance was very sharp, edgy and risqué. 

My favourite drama from So-Hyun is still 'Page Turner' though. I just thought that whatever has to with KBS is sure to be a hit but I have to say that the cinematography and So-Hyun playing the piano without the music sheet (because Shin Jae Ha accidentally hit it to the ground) is equally beautiful. 

I find it funny and a coincidence how So-Hyun's a Gemini and she played a double role in School: Who Are You 2015. The symbol for Gemini is the twin. Everything comes in twos when it comes to Gemini. So-Hyun played both sisters successfully. She portrayed the two different extremes from both sisters equally well. One is very innocent while the other sister is very courageous and badass. I couldn't see a single similarity between the two sisters she had portrayed. But then back to Gemini, two different polarities. I guess Astrology is very accurate. 

But to be honest, it was definitely thanks to 'Let's Fight Ghost' that she really had a breakthrough performance. Some might think it was School 2015 but it was actually LFG. And I also think that it was one of the dramas where she made the least NGs and she got extremely close with her co-stars which were great to see since she keeps on putting up that invisible wall between her and her colleagues because she didn't want anyone to get close to her. But LFG is definitely a drama where So-Hyun really liked to be in and to act in. I think it's a drama that she really liked. Like really liked. It's got a fresh feeling to it. Occasionally actors do become the person they act as. While other actors can get out of their character more easily. If So-Hyun is the former one then I hope she get's more opportunity to do more bright and cheerful characters like Hyun Ji. Being too emotional makes you weak. So-Hyun needs to be strong.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, mindstar said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000980421

KSH's interview article is trending on Naver again! 

I think it's just one of the earlier interviews, it doesn't seem to have any new content but its still trending! :o

Always happy to see her beautiful face! :) 

Wonder when she'll update her SNS again? Miss her!

Even though the content is the same, but everyone keeps cheering for Sohyun.

Sohyunnie.. please don't be too stressful and come back stronger.

about the SNS, especially on the Instagram, the pointless haters keep posting nasty comments with poop emoji.

poor her to see that kind of comments.

Hopefully, everyone will report the account

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Even though the content is the same, but everyone keeps cheering for Sohyun.

Sohyunnie.. please don't be too stressful and come back stronger.

about the SNS, especially on the Instagram, the pointless haters keep posting nasty comments with poop emoji.

poor her to see that kind of comments.

Hopefully, everyone will report the account

I'm eagerly awaiting her comeback! I'm glad she's resting and focusing on her studies but I'm still hoping she'll comeback soonish because I really miss seeing her! 

At this point, pointless haters are unavoidable but their jealousy just makes me realize how much KSH's popularity is increasing. I haven't seen a single super popular celebrity without haters.  Besides her posts generally have well over 3000 comments, I doubt even KSH has the time to read so many comments. But yes, I do hope Sidus does eventually takes action against malicious comments.

• Like 1