✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

:rickroll:

Upcoming historical drama ‘The Moon Rising River’ unveils star-studded casting lineup

One of next year’s most talked-about television offerings, The Moon Rising River, wows the drama community with a casting lineup that has gathered stars Kim So-hyun, Ji Soo, Lee Ji-hoon, Choi Yu-hwa, and Kang Ha-neul.

The Moon Rising River will be a reimagined depiction of Goguryeo’s popular urban legend about a princess who married a hunchbacked commoner. In the story, Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So-hyun, The Tale of Nokdu) was born as a princess but has been raised like a soldier. She goes after wrongdoers with the goal of redeeming the status of their collapsing kingdom. She is also ambitious as she dreams of becoming the first female Taewang or “greatest king.” Her firm determination begins to shake, however, when she meets Ondal (Ji Soo, When I Was the Most Beautiful), a gentle and pure-hearted man who is willing to go against his own principles in order to protect her.

Meanwhile, Lee Ji-hoon (Dinner Mate) and Choi Yu-hwa (My Dangerous Wife) have joined in to portray the major characters Go Geon and Hae Mo-yong. Go Geon is an elite general who appears to have gotten everything that he has ever wanted in his life, except Pyeonggang’s love and affection. For the first time, he finds himself in the middle of a fierce fight for someone’s heart. Bringing an exciting conflict to Go Geon’s plans is Mo-yong, a beautiful woman and a perfectionist who bears romantic feelings for him. Mo-yong resembles Pyeonggang’s personality in terms of being ambitious and plotting to take control of Goguryeo. While she has the special advantage of being able to foresee the future, she also keeps a deep secret.

In addition, award-winning actor Kang Ha-neul (When the Camellia Blooms) is set to make a special appearance as General On Hyeop, Ondal’s father and the leader of the Sunnobu region in Goguryeo. Inspiring devotion from people with his mere presence, General On Hyeop carries out his duties and responsibilities with a great sense of loyalty and service for the kingdom. In return, he receives an overflowing amount of respect not only from his soldiers but also from the masses.

The production team behind The Moon Rising River has remarked, “We have completed a lineup of actors who showed 100 percent synchronization with their roles, as if all characters in the script were actually alive. We focused on casting, with special attention to solid acting skills and chemistry between the different characters. The main protagonists are Pyeonggang and Ondal of the widely known Goguryeo folktale. We hope that you will look forward to seeing how their love story would develop as well as understand the message and emotions that the drama aims to convey to our current society.” The Moon Rising River will be spearheaded by PD Yoon Sang-ho, director of King Maker: The Change of Destiny (2020), and screenwriter Han Ji-hoon of Woman of 9.9 Billion (2019–2020). It is slated to air in the first half of 2021.

• Blob 2

On 11/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, elan1 said:

We don’t know yet at the moment...I’m just worried that there are so many historical dramas coming up. 

oh my... so Hyun might go against JDY’s joseon exorcist, since it’s suppose to come out sometime on March as well mon/Tuesday :tears: lovers now rivals lol :/ 

https://mydramalist.com/60373-joseon-exorcist

Joseon exorcist has a strong directing and writing team. Sohyun’s drama would be an underdog if she has to face them.

https://mydramalist.com/63267-bossam-stealing-destiny

And this historical drama is also a Monday/Tuesday drama that is suppose to come out in first half of 2021, it’s filming right now too. 

guys I really worry for sohyun upcoming drama, it has so many obstacles going against it

It have many strong rival but it can maybe still success. Maybe all can have succes. Can trust in so hyun.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:58 AM, kimjojo said:

Maybe both of them will have a different time. But I won't worry much because I know that when main plot revolve around her, her dramas has done good like school 2015 and lets fight ghost. I think this is after a long time that she has a drama which revolve around her character and seems like a strong character someting like go eun byul from school 2015. I just wish this will be critically acclaimed.

Can have hope so hyun good acting can get many award and recognition. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, totoro_mei said:

It have many strong rival but it can maybe still success. Maybe all can have succes. Can trust in so hyun.

Can have hope so hyun good acting can get many award and recognition. 

I only want Sohyun shines with this role . She is really great actress but if you look at her last dramas she doesn't see the value she deserves . Always her costars shine more than her. Ratings is important but my first wish everybody see and talk what a good actress she is. Also the drama is female centric . So ı hope my wish will come true .:hwaiting2:

• Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, Breeze said:

I only want Sohyun shines with this role . She is really great actress but if you look at her last dramas she doesn't see the value she deserves . Always her costars shine. Ratings is important but my first wish everybody see and talk what a good actress she is. Also the drama is female centric . So ı hope my wish will come true .

I do believe many people do

say what a great actress she is despite her last few dramas not giving her the spotlight as much and because those dramas tend to focus more on the males because it was written that way. It’s only the haters who like to use the “only her costars shine” nonsense when one it’s a male-centric story or two because they don’t want to give her credit so they try to downgrade her role and minimize her impact. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Breeze said:

I only want Sohyun shines with this role . She is really great actress but if you look at her last dramas she doesn't see the value she deserves . Always her costars shine. Ratings is important but my first wish everybody see and talk what a good actress she is. Also the drama is female centric . So ı hope my wish will come true .

It true so hyun always shine but not get many recognition. Good now have female focus drama can shine bigger. 

14 hours ago, elan1 said:

I do believe many people do

say what a great actress she is despite her last few dramas not giving her the spotlight as much and because those dramas tend to focus more on the males because it was written that way. It’s only the haters who like to use the “only her costars shine” nonsense when one it’s a male-centric story or two because they don’t want to give her credit so they try to downgrade her role and minimize her impact. 

Cannot believe lies because so hyun always shine. Bring popularity to drama and become more popular every time. Many new follower after all drama. Only not have enough award and recognition. Can have that now maybe and also more movie. 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, totoro_mei said:

It true so hyun always shine but not get many recognition. Good now have female focus drama can shine bigger. 

Cannot believe lies because so hyun always shine. Bring popularity to drama and become more popular every time. Many new follower after all drama. Only not have enough award and recognition. Can have that now maybe and also more movie. 

Yes! She doesn’t have 9.7m followers on Ig for no reason! She been working so hard and people can see it and appreciate her talents :wow1:

I just looked at many of the hallyu stars and a listers filmography, surprisingly like 99 percent of them has a small number of leading projects to their name (with the exception of park shin hye and Lee byung hun) even if they have been in this industry for 10-20 years. Sohyun and her fellow Yeo Jin goo has more leading projects than most of them even at their young age. I think it speaks volumes of how much they love acting to keep churning out projects. I’m a fan of many of the hallyu stars but it’s hard to be a patient fan because they release so few works. They focus too much on endorsements and magazine covers. I hope sohyun keeps this up on her work output even if she becomes a top hallyu star one day. I would love to see her do many, many different type of roles. :issohappy:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, elan1 said:

I just looked at many of the hallyu stars and a listers filmography, surprisingly like 99 percent of them has a small number of leading projects to their name (with the exception of park shin hye and Lee byung hun) even if they have been in this industry for 10-20 years. Sohyun and her fellow Yeo Jin goo has more leading projects than most of them even at their young age. I think it speaks volumes of how much they love acting to keep churning out projects. I’m a fan of many of the hallyu stars but it’s hard to be a patient fan because they release so few works. They focus too much on endorsements and magazine covers. I hope sohyun keeps this up on her work output even if she becomes a top hallyu star one day. I would love to see her do many, many different type of roles. :issohappy:

If can have endorsement, magazine, movie and drama all it can be best. We can become very happy. Can see her many times.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, totoro_mei said:

If can have endorsement, magazine, movie and drama all it can be best. We can become very happy. Can see her many times.

Yes the more the better. We greedy fans although we are fed well by sohyun, we have extra stomachs lol :fatso:

• Like 3

I know people see her hard work but it's not enough for me .Greedy  .... Yes ı am gredy for this.  I want her to be invited the award ceremonies , not only the drama's channel ceremony. 

I hope she gets a lot of awards for this role. 

:fullofhearts:

• Wiggle 4

On 11/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Breeze said:

I know people see her hard work but it's not enough for me .Greedy  .... Yes ı am gredy for this.  I want her to be invited the award ceremonies , not only the drama's channel ceremony. 

I hope she gets a lot of awards for this role.

I would love to see that happen to her! She deserves more recognition! There isn’t many actors/actresses who take on the main lead for a historical drama since it can be challenging and very time-consuming  (including many hallyu stars). But she did three leading historical sageuk dramas and she did it in less than 4 years! So I think she is tied with ha Ji won and Jin se Yun for having the most historical “saeguk” dramas in her filmography where she is the main female lead! Sohyun is the historical goddess! 

:offtospace:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 11/29/2020 at 10:07 AM, elan1 said:

I would love to see that happen to her! She deserves more recognition! There isn’t many actors/actresses who take on the main lead for a historical drama since it can be challenging and very time-consuming  (including many hallyu stars). But she did three leading historical sageuk dramas and she did it in less than 4 years! So I think she is tied with ha Ji won and Jin se Yun for having the most historical “saeguk” dramas in her filmography where she is the main female lead! Sohyun is the historical goddess!

:hooray2:And after Ruler , she never gave up . Also ı reaally love her in historical drama. She was born to be queen and traditional clothes suit her very well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Why it is still show MBC? Now confirm for KBS.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, Breeze said:

And after Ruler , she never gave up . Also ı reaally love her in historical drama. She was born to be queen and traditional clothes suit her very well.

She suit all drama happy always see pretty clothes and acting. Miss to see her again.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:21 AM, elan1 said:

Yes the more the better. We greedy fans although we are fed well by sohyun, we have extra stomachs lol

Happy to always have more. 

• Blob 3

25 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Ryu Eui Hyun is casted in #RiverWhereTheMoonRises He plays the role of 'Tarasan', Yeom Gajin/Pyeonggang's(Kim Sohyun) best friend. He has a valiant personality & is talkative. He lives with his twin sister 'Tarajin'(Kim Heejung) in Dorimhyang whr ppl abandoned in Goguryeo gather.

He is currently attending action school to perfect his character who is good at martial arts and archery.

cr: wowhellosohyun

He is same age with Sso.

It’s nice to see a guy be sohyun character best friend. I wonder if he will also have a crush on her and see her more than just a best friend :lol:

• LOL 1

I remember victory contents said their will be updates or pictures in December??? I bet it will be near the end of December since the drama won’t come out until March and also they want to focus on promoting historical inspector drama since it’s airing the last week of December. The anticipation is killing me :tightdeadline:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I dont know how to reply in this site. But....

YES! Victory Content said they will update something in Desember!! YUHUUUUU! Cant wait for HD pic they will release, will it cut scene pic or the poster? :hooray2: I hope the poster because i tired when media use Kang Haneul photo first instead Jisoo in their news  :grimace:  i feel bad for him everytime people say, 'Jisoo is second lead again' etc. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

On 12/1/2020 at 6:03 AM, Rima Ajeng Nur Raihan said:

I dont know how to reply in this site. But....

YES! Victory Content said they will update something in Desember!! YUHUUUUU! Cant wait for HD pic they will release, will it cut scene pic or the poster?  I hope the poster because i tired when media use Kang Haneul photo first instead Jisoo in their news  :grimace:  i feel bad for him everytime people say, 'Jisoo is second lead again' etc. 

Me too I hope to see stills or poster! Or even a teaser video would be great :) the same, I do feel bad for ji soo, it does feel like kang haneul is the main male star based on promotions so far although he is only cameo. I’m sure they will fix it in the future. 

On 12/1/2020 at 7:54 AM, totoro_mei said:

When promotion start we become happy. Wait for many good promotion.

Yes!!! And I hope they release news on love alarm 2 soon as well! 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Mon/Tuesday dramas that may compete with sohyun drama (March-may) includes Joseon Exorcist (coming out in March), tvn Lucas (coming out in feb), tvn like a butterfly (song kang in April), jtbc monthly house (March). And that’s the more solid  ones for now, there may be more

in the future. 
competition looks tight! And sohyun will

be competing against two previous male co-stars :tears: why must they air two historical drama on the same day around the same time??? It’s stupid. Cant one of them move to a Different day of the week? :cries3::crazymad:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1