[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the last scene soo much, but they ruined the last episode :(. I would have liked it if they all deserved sentence and not be death. A court scene with CD proving everything would have been so so much better :(. They rushed everything but well yeah, I am glad they got married at last.

Haha and the smirk CD gave JI in the last scene was so smexy, like he was promising a wonderful honeymoon :P Anybody else who got envious?

so I get that the central theme of the show is people's relationship with money but didnt it seem bit too cheesy/hmmm that CD gave a chain with a coin as pendant and he had a matching one as well... so what is the writer trying to say? money unites these two souls?

all my friends and fans of IOM ( @Pechumori thnx for your recaps ) right now " i'm so sleepy " and '' verrrrrrrryyyy hungry "  ;)) ;)) code secret never forget this memory and those perfect actors thnx for you all .another thing we can meet at an another thread actually i'm curently watching ( it's a good drama with perfect actors )": when a man falls in love at (mbc)and tell me about yours :)

@evok : It's nice to meet you too. Yes, this drama is almost over.  I love your postings. This forum won't be good without everyone's comments. And I looovveee to meet new friends from all around the world .. physically and virtually whom I can share ideas, jokes, even give supports with. Especially here in Soompi, we can share something that we all like: watching Kdramas and movies. Yay!!!!!  Yes, I hope to see you somewhere in other drama threads. I am following:

• AHYI
  • Jang Ok Jeong LIL (I love biography, and I've watched Dong Yi (Suk-bin Choi). Awesome historical drama. Now we see the history from the eyes of Hui-bin Jang's)
  • Nine:93T (Not a big fan of time travel story, but this one has an unusual story line ... unpredictable)

@GaeinaLee → Yes, I'll be bumping into everyone here on many threads, though I don't often post much on dramas I'm on a team for. I just read and check insightful, awesome, or lol. I love reading what everyone has to say, and the dramas wouldn't be half as much fun without all of you. Great end to IoM, and I'm going to miss it (and the team). Bye bye (from this thread) everyone! *waves*  See you on the others!! Look for my avatar at the bottom of the posts and you'll know I'm here.
PS: KJH is an excellent actor! (and very handsome)

krgirl87

wrote:

»

all my friends and fans of IOM (

@Pechumori

thnx for your recaps ) right now " i'm so sleepy " and '' verrrrrrrryyyy hungry " 

;));))

code secret never forget this memory and those perfect actors thnx for you all .another thing we can meet at an another thread actually i'm curently watching ( it's a good drama with perfect actors )": when a man falls in love at (mbc)and tell me about yours

:)

@kaeruchan, so sorry, how could i have missed you, X_X   when you are among those i remember every time i see a Do Ji Han picture. Thank you for always posting about the talking cupboard, together with your insights on the drama. I know I have missed a lot of names but, it's hard to go all the way back.

@sammy23, I am deeply touched by your post. Thank you so much for appreciating my effort.No need to be embarrassed, I know exactly how you feel, because the same thing happened to me.I only watched K dramas in 2011. Loved some stories, didn't like the others. But after seeing KJH in Lie to Me, I became his fan. I watched all his other projects except for the first few where he only got bit parts, and I must say this is certainly one of his best. Thank you for supporting our page.I have so much more materials to post both here and at his thread, so just keep on checking both threads.

Meanwhile, this is the last time I will be posting something like this and I'm
happy to announce to all of you ....:D

GOOD NEWS: THE FINAL EPISODE OF "INCARNATION OF MONEY"
GOT ITS HIGHEST VIEWERSHIP RECORD!!!
by pechumori 4/22/13

552967_514500478586168_1580382921_n.jpg

According to the audience measurement company Nielsen Korea, the 24th episode of "Incarnation' of Money" recorded  a 16.8% viewership. AS compared with the 23rd episode which was shown
the other night which had a 14.3% rating, there was a 2.5% increase in its viewership.
A happy ending indeed!!!

Here's the list of the ratings per episode of IOM

Episode 1 - 9,7%
Episode 2 - 9.2%
Episode 3 - 10.2%
Episode 4 - 10.6%
Episode 5 - 14.5%
Episode 6 - 13.1%
Episode 7 - 13.4%
Episode 8 - 13.3%
Episode 9 - 12.2%
Episode 10- 11.4%
Episode 11- 12.4%
Episode 12- 15.1%
Episode 13- 14.5%
Episode 14- 15.3%
Episode 15- 16.4%
Episode 16- 15.3%
Episode 17- 14.7%
Episode 18- 15.6%
Episode 19- 16.1%
Episode 20- 14.6%
Episode 21- 14.2%
Episode 22- 15.2%
Episode 23- 14.3%

reference: Choi Joonyong reporter cjy via naver and
           news@tvdaily, enter@xprotsnews/nate

source:  Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB
Congratulations and thank you to all the cast and crew of IOM for giving us this great drama.
=D> ^:)^

After being interrupted for 9x, at last I am able to finish watching the last episode. I am happy with the ending. Thank you to the writer, producers, actress, actors, and the whole IoM team, including those who worked hard to make the English subtitle ready a.s.a.p for us to enjoy. You've made this drama possible for us to watch.
Thank you to all contributors, you've all made this forum alive with your postings. I enjoyed every single of them. I hope to meet you again in other drama forum. I think I've met some of you already in A Hundred Years Inheritance or in Nine, and in Jang Ok Jung LIL. Let's satisfied our K-drama cravings!!!  :x  Espero verles pronto!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this drama. As KJH is No.1 on my favourite K-actors' list, I would have watched the whole thing even if it sucks - and thankfully, it didn't :D

My few grouses in the final episode:
* Why was Se Gwang's detective allowed to be with him after his sentencing? Should he not be investigated as an accomplice?
* And why were there no guards in the ambulance, seeing that Se Gwang is now a convicted criminal?
* Why did Cha Don go and meet Se Gwang ALONE when he knows what Se Gwang is capable of? 
* What happened to the truck driver who mowed down Cha Don twice - would be nice if he testified it was Gwon Sr who contracted him to do that...
* I did wish that Bi Ryung did not die; that Cha Don would be the one who saved her :(

Maybe just ONE MORE EPISODE would have been nice just to wrap up all the loose ends nicely. A little bit more of the awesome Madame Bok would also cap it off besides the lovely wedding.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed IOM - DAEBAK indeed! KJH - hwaiting! I'm looking forward to your next role <3

Guest rainqueen

I haven't watched the last two episodes yet and I didn't get to post here often, but just the same, I'd like to say KAMSAHAMNIDA to:
- Everyone who contributed to the discussion. I love coming here to read all your analyses and insights about IOM.
- Pechumori for all the IOM-related pics and info. You really are one heck of a Hwannie, chinggu! :-*
- IOM and everyone behind it for pandering more to my reason rather than my emotions. Though I love all those heart-tugging scenes as well as the funny ones, it's the mind game that has kept me glued. 

Guest farstrep

I was expecting the reporter's act of redemption to be one of reporting the truth before the camera and apologizing to CD for his part in covering it up in the past. Living the life of a homeless bum is more suited for SK as a symbolism for the society's rejection of him.

iom24_zpsefec88fa.jpg

I still don't think JH's desperate to get married off or have a boyfriend. In fact, her character is the most consistent throughout the drama. From the very beginning, we are privy to her tenacity with respect to her work and this same quality extends to her love as well. No doubt she is disillusioned with SK's misdeeds but she doesn't love him any less because of it. Her handing over the incriminating piece of evidence to CD is not a sign of her giving up on SK. One can bring her loved one to justice and yet, still love him. Had SK not died, I firmly believe she would have waited for him to be released from prison, since Hyuk's death is accidental and not premeditated.

iom241_zps86d463f9.jpg

This is the best scene of the episode. Sometimes, it's not just about giving the guilty ones another chance to live. Sometimes, forgiveness has to be said and not just silently given. It might seem shallow or odd to some of you but this verbal affirmation actually has a powerful effect and allows them to move on with their lives.

iom242_zps5a7253ae.jpg

His forgiveness has a more significant impact than it should have because she didn't show any signs of compassion towards the young CD when his father died and his mother imprisoned. And yet, here he is, thinking of her son and releasing her from the burden of guilt so that she can live her life anew with him. That's why to the end of her life, she keeps asking CD for forgiveness. On hindsight, it also demonstrates the love she has for her son.

iom243_zps5e4df266.jpg

"When I was little, my father hated me for doing well in school. Since he didn't have enough money to support me, he must have hated that I would go to high school and university. Whenever I received a certificate of award for good marks, he tore it to pieces in front of my eyes. I felt bitter and hated him for that. But, one night, I saw my father crying alone, secretly. After crying for a long time, he pulled out something from his pocket. That was my certificate of award. My frayed certificate of award pieced together with tape. That was the first time I knew that my father loved me a lot. But, to Hyuk, I showed only my father who tore the certificate to pieces. That brat, he died while hating me."  

iom244_zps405352c8.jpg

I thought this is the last episode and it's impossible to add to the complexity of the characters but the writers surprised me with this little anecdote from JG's childhood.

It's too bad that SK loves himself more than he does others and doesn't give himself a chance to receive some proper love from them.

iom245_zps81048520.jpg

I love the scene in which JG takes responsibility for the attempted murder on CD instead of letting his subordinate take the fall. It indicates a changed JG and I am sure Hyuk, wherever he is now, will be smiling in peace.

iom246_zps8a905efc.jpg

Although I don't like SK's ending, I think it's befitting of his character because there is no way he can restart his life. He would have an even tougher life than the reporter should he live as a homeless bum, though I doubt he will allow himself to come to that. It's not in his nature to accept other's love because he will definitely see it as charity or pity, so getting together with JH is out of the question. Although Angelina wants to, he can't live with her because she is a constant reminder of his sordid past. The most important thing is, SK listens to nobody but himself, trusts nobody but himself and hence, no one can hold him back or keep him in check if he goes off the rail again. So it's better that he dies.

iom247_zpsa0f9a30b.jpg

iom248_zpseba399b8.jpg

Thank you, everyone for an enjoyable time on this thread. :-* The updates, gifs, insights and comments add to the joy of watching this drama. I hope to bump into you in other drama threads in the near future. Until then! :-h

managed to watch the last two eps with subs and I was a bit disappointed with the last minute of the ending. I mean, did the writer really have to make her fat again? what exactly was the point of that? CD did not fall for JI just because she suddenly became thin. their relationship was organic and built over years. even when she was fat, there is this point where the manager asks CD if he is really falling for her. CD fell in love with JI for who she was as a person. So we as viewers dont need to have it spelled out that he is going to love her regardless of her weight. come on writer-nim, give us some credit, will you?

here's what i wanted for a ending -- its spring; couldn't they have taken a lovely walk together and discussed their lives together and the road ahead and kiss; or a noisy family/team dinner with all of them at madame bok's place with the ending shot of a photo of all them together at their wedding; or just a normal wedding!

Archived