[Drama 2012/13] My Love , Butterfly Lady 내 사랑 나비부인

mekeo117

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep 51 (Final Episode) live recap. Will update throughout the episode. Hopefully no lag tonight lol.
Starts off with the scene from the previous episode where LSG says sorry to JW's family at JW's house. LSG continues to say that he's really sorry. JW's family looks on in shock. And LSG's guys presents stuff to JW's family. Now inside JW's house, LSG sits down with JW's family to talk to them. JW's mom tells LSG to get up, and she continues to yell at LSG (because I think he's offering them money to apologize). JW's father tells him something, and JW's grandma yells at him. JW then tells LSG, if he's really sorry, he should allow WJ and NB to be together, since he should know how much they love each other.
Now in JW's room, JW's mom asks him if he's really okay with WJ and NB being together, and JW smiles and tells his mom that he'll start over. Now at World Dept. Store, BG, GH and WJ, NB meet to discuss the SA situation. Now SA now in her car, driving on the road. SA thinks back to MHS falling down the stairs, and now she worried if MHS really dies, what she'll do. She holds her mouth as if she's about to throw up. SA drives over to the side of the road to throw up. She sees police car near here, she panics and runs away.
BG and GH return to JW's house and tell JW and JW's mom the SA situation, and now they're worried as well. Now at WJ's house in SR's room, SR seems to have gotten punched (because of what happened in the previous episode), so now HMR is treating his injuries. They talk and now it seems like SR got tickets for both of them and HMR is happy.
Now SA is visiting her dead brother and she says, "Oppa, it's me. Your younger sister. What should I do now? Oppa. Should I go to you?" SA continues to cry. Now back at JW's house, SJ gets a mail delivery, it's from SA. SJ and CG open the box with some stuff and a note, "Soo Jung-ah, I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..." SJ wants to run off to find SA, but JW's mom stops her.
Now, WJ and NB go to see SA's dead brother and notice that SA's been there. They talk, then NB gets a call from NB's mom saying that she's waiting for her, NB hangs up. WJ and NB talk some more, and then they leave together. Now at World Dept. Store office, SR and  LSG are talking. WJ and NB walk in to talk to them, but LSG leaves the office.
Now at the World Dept. Store conference room, they're having the congratulation ceremony for WJ becoming president. Everyone is there while WJ gives his speech and they all clap. Now SA goes to the villa from a while ago, and sits down and takes own a bottle (of pills, I'm assuming) in her hand and starts to cry. Now back at WJ's office, NB, GH and NB's mom wait for WJ. They talk a little bit and WJ leaves, and the three of them talk to each other.
SA calls NB from the villa. SA asks NB to listen to her. SA says, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry to everyone for everything. I want to live. If I didn't do that, I would've died. To Woo Jae and Kim Jung Wook, to everyone, please tell them I'm sorry. Please take care of Soo Jung." Then SA takes the phone away from her ear as she cries and hangs up. NB panics since she thinks something is going to happen.
Now back at JW's house, JW is by himself, he tries to get up by himself, but falls down. The forgetful grandma finds him and says to him, "Jung Wook. Thank you for living. I'm sorry" and JW looks like he's about to cry. The other grandma comes out to help JW.
WJ returns to his office where NB's mom is still there, she tells WJ about the situation. Now at JW's house, GH tells JW's family about the situation, and now JW tries to call NB, but NB is driving so she can't answer. NB reaches the villa and enters a room where SA is lying down. NB slowly approaches SA, and then she notices the pills on the bed. NB is shocked and tries to wake up SA. WJ then comes in and carries SA and they go to the hospital. SA goes in for surgery as WJ and SA wait.
Now at JW's house, JW is on the phone and hangs up and tells his family the situation. Back to the hospital, the doctor comes back to tell WJ and NB the situation. NB goes to see SA in the hospital room and NB tells SA a lot of stuff (saying that everything that I have is because of you, if you're really sorry, pay for what you've done, etc.), while SA's eyes are closed. NB leaves the room, and then SA's eyes open and she starts to cry. WJ looks at NB.
Now at WJ's house, LSG is thinking back to what everyone has told him in the past and he thinks to himself. Now at NB's house, she's still getting ready. Someone knocks on the door, she goes to answer and it's LSG. She gets scared and runs back inside since she's still getting ready (lol). Now in NB's house, LSG comes to apologize, but NB's mom then calls him "In-law" and he's more irritated.
Now at the hospital, NB, WJ and SJ look for SA since she's disappeared. SA calls NB and tells her not to look for her and says she's at the police station. SA then tells NB, "I'm sorry for everything and thank you. I'm being sincere" and then hangs up. SA then walks toward the police station.
Now NB takes WJ somewhere, and they talk. NB's going to propose to him here I think, like it was shown in the preview. They continue to talk, then NB has a disagreement with him and tells him, "Fine. Let's end it here." and she walks off.
Now it's a time jump: 2 years later. At JW's house, everyone's doing chores, and I think they're talking about BG getting married. Now CG goes back to the house to see his child, I think the child's name is Minji (lol it's so cute). JW's family all talk to each other.
Now at the prison, CG, SJ and NB wait for SA's release, but they don't see SA. SJ calls to check, but there seems to be a problem. Seems like SA already left (not sure). Now NB goes to her store, worried about SA. GH is there and talks to NB. Now NB goes to WJ's office and NB points out that SA's release date is today. Now at WJ's house, NB's mom and LSG are playing Go-Stop (lol this scene is hilarious), NB's mom keeps losing. WJ and NB return and NB tries to be cute to WJ lol. (So I guess they already get married in the time gap. Didn't even see the wedding lol darn it) WJ and NB go to LSG's room and NB's mom tries to hid the Go-Stop so NB's mom pretends to massage LSG lol. WJ and NB leave the room, but then NB returns back in and gets them in trouble.
Now it's bed time, and WJ tries to hug NB but she said she's tired, so WJ massages her. And they continue to talk (it's hard to understand everything they're saying but it's pretty funny lol). WJ walks out of the room into the kitchen, then walks back in their room later and NB's already sleeping. WJ slowly goes towards NB.
Now at JW's house, SG (Sal Goo) and JW return home (I guess they went abroad), and the family's happy to see them. Now back at WJ's house, NB's mom is at the kitchen, looking at food. WJ and NB comes in and LSG joins them, then NB's mom imitates LSG lol.
Now NB is at a store looking for materials, and she runs into SA, and she asks SA to come see SJ and to see her family. Now back at JW's house, NB's mom is with GH and GH prepares for her wedding. Then GH gets a phone call that her mom is in Korea. Now everyone gathers for the wedding. Now the wedding starts. BG looks so happy, haha. And now SA arrives and walks towards them. And bows to all of them. SA tells JW's mom that's she's really sorry, JW's mom says it's okay. SA walks towards SJ, CG and her child. SJ tells SA thank you. JW looks on at them. Then the entire family takes a family picture together.
Now WJ is waiting elsewhere for NB, and now NB's here since the wedding ended, and they talk to each other. WJ and NB are driving somewhere. WJ holds NB's hand while he drives. NB feels a bit sick and WJ asks her if she's pregnant, and they continue to playfully argue as they continue to drive off. The episode ends.

So what SA went to jail for about 5 or 6 months? They are way to forgiving for me. I could never look at SA and worry about how life was going for her in NB place. I love a happy ending but everyone doesn't have to be happy. 

Guest cupcakedarling

@Ayame thanks for recap :D

It sucks they didn't show us the wedding and more kiss and hug scenes. GH and BG wedding is not the one we want to see :((

Besides, there's no reunion scenes between WJ and his mum and JW and YJ. But the episode still sounds pretty great and I'm sad this drama ends. Anyone knows Yeom Jung Ah next project?

@Ayame, Thanks for the recap. We finally reached the end.

I had a feeling it was coming and it did. I hate when they end a drama with that gagging meaning pregnancy. What about WJ's mother. They just left that out. and no more mention of WJ finding her again. There could have seen less of SA and her crap and wrapped up WJ and his mother finally meeting face to face as mother and son. Well at least NB and WJ had a happy ending and back to their bickering.

Yeah I am  disappointed they did not show closure for WJ and his mom !! They just left it like that ? ( Maybe the actress is bz in another drama coz she's also the main in I summon You Gold drama and i heard they're running on a tight schedule )  . I guess it's ok if they did not show JW with YJ since he's starting over coz if he ends up pairing with YJ is kind of awkward as YJ's mom is also WJ's mom

and yes ....why not show the wedding of WJ and NB instead ! But overall at leats it's a happy ending

I'm gonna miss this drama a lot, but I still have to wait for subs I guess. Decided to share more old BTS filming pics since the drama's over.
Old BTS filming pics [most pics from Yoon Se Ah's twitter or fantagio's FB]:

38204716959155651607119.png

10097619553504738419168.jpg

14809854793344190042619.jpg

14978546173766721863484.jpg

18251955073157162061319.jpg

24921444158966923343411.jpg

28512043482469990993170.jpg

28568154246940578016313.jpg

32097357395527263157684.jpg

40658157258067276903685.jpg

48352645026844503222326.jpg

48670353271483008895416.jpg

58155046634637009109718.jpg

58248361218303547546614.jpg

59913554106115258765511.jpg

a860scrcaaamwxg.jpeg

IBELIS said: So what SA went to jail for about 5 or 6 months? They are way to forgiving for me. I could never look at SA and worry about how life was going for her in NB place. I love a happy ending but everyone doesn't have to be happy. 

Guest kda86

Like many others have said it's such a shame that there wasn't a proper reunion between WJ and his mum...i really thought they would meet at least in the last ep, They had that time jump, and she so should have been included in that somehow...or at least she could have been mentioned...something like they met again and she attended their wedding, even if they couldn't film the scene...

There was defiantely too much focus on the SA story line, she had so much weight in this drama. I don't even know why, as there was so much other stuff they could talk about...obviously there's WJ and his mother's story, but even something about GH's mother would have been better, as that was not even explored.

As for WJ, considering he was the male lead, he really doesn't appear in the drama enough..even in the final episode he was hardly in it...i was kinda shocked/annoyed that he wasn't at the wedding (also, why did they put more emphasis on BG and GH's wedding than WJ and NB (actually they didn't even show their wedding..why???), considering they are the leads...)
Fair enough, it was probably because it was so they could get the whole cast in this way, as at WJ/NB's wedding it may be a bit awkward for the whole kim family to attend, but WJ should have at least attended..that was kinda random to be honest. (It makes it seem like park yong woo probably couldn't attend that scene, so the writer just wrote him out).
Park Yong Woo was definately underused in this drama, he sort of became less important, and was just in the drama, because he is if you know what i mean.  His character was so much more interesting at the beginning.

I'm happy that WJ/NB get a happy ending, and it was cute watching their bickering (though i have to say there wasn't enough. lol. i expected so much more between this leading couple in the final ep)

But the way they made SG reconcile with everyone was a bit forced, it's just stupid the way he changed completely after WJ said to him if he didn't apologise to all those people he wouldn't return home, and then straight away he thought 'oh yeah..maybe i should apologise'..if the writer was gonna make it that easy in the first place, it makes the dragging out, and SG's whole storyline so lame and pointless.

although i found SR and crazy aunt's scene funny in the last 2 eps, it also seemed random why she randomly changed to not being able to live withought him, and that she's loved him ever since school, as that was never shown in the last 49 eps. lol (i thought they were going to divorce from like the start of the drama..??). 
Needless to say it seemed even more weird that they all forgave SA, and gladly acceped her (especially NB, come on, with all the stuff SA has done, seriously would she just forgive her like that...? all NB got was a 'you're so cool for forgiving SA' from WJ), even the whole kim family, with JW's mum holding her hand and being so glad that she's there at the wedding, seemed so random...

It just seems like the writer tried to make everyone happy..and it all seems a bit too forced and un-necessary.

Sorry for the long post, it seems like i complained a lot about the drama, for good reason though..i'm probably still going to miss it (well WJ/NB anyway...) as i've spent so much time on it (though i think the main reason i stuck with the drama was for WJ/NB to see how they would end up..so in the back of my head i'm still thinking i wanted to see more of their storyline...it's just such a shame there wasn't enough..lol.).
I've had fun discussing with u guys...it definately wouldn't be as fun if we didn't have these dicussions going on. lol.

Yeah the Viki video finally works now and I agree with the forced ending factor. LSG calling peace on everyone was way too sudden and unrealistic with everyone forgiving him. And as much as I loved SA, her character's string of loonies had little justice done. I'm the weirdo who enjoyed seeing her on screen so I'm glad she got screen time, but I agree that for the sake of lead roles, Park Yong Woo definitely didn't get too much shine. Also I'm surprised how there wasn't the idea of showing Na Bi COME BACK from her failed acting career. Although it's a very cliche ending plot to use in dramas, it leaves audiences with a sense of fulfillment, and I really wanted to see Na Bi rise back to fame, especially considering the wild ups and downs she experienced (going broke, being looked down on by the industry and her juniors, having her husband embroiled in a scandal and "die", then go into a long winded divorce, etc etc.)

I feel the writers wanted drama and suspense so they looked towards the trouble makers - SA, LSG, and MHS and they used that to drag episodes out. Like said, there definitely could have been better directions to take and more plot closures to develop (like everyone's been saying, WJ and his mom was a big unresolved one). But sometimes, the writer(s) can't be blamed because production executives and directors will try changing things around, too. I've watched "King of Dramas" and Taiwan's "Drama Go Go Go"  and although dramas themselves, they both portray how much crap scriptwriters have to take and go through when working on a project. I can imagine a LOT of possibilities and changes were thrown across the drawing board for "My Love, Madame Butterfly", especially since this was planned to be 50 episodes from the very beginning.

Either way in the end, I think this drama was alright...I watched it mainly for consumption because of how luxurious and high end the characters' lifestyles were portrayed as and this drama was hella long...October to April, so it really gave me something to look forward to on weekends. I'm looking forward to the next projects of the main cast, especially those of Yum Jung Ah since she's impressed me with "Royal Family" and this drama and of course...Yoon Se Ah, who I think despite having limits to her acting, has beautiful screen presence.

Guest robs1430291557

@BofAfriend - I agree with your assessment. Although I haven't watched the final 2 episodes, the recaps here sound like things were quickly wrapped up in a pretty but forced bow! I look forward to the drama following MLMB, Wonderful Mama. The cast looks awesome! Hope to see you all at that thread!!

Guest Anny Bee

yeah, i wondered why SA was at the wedding but Wj, who is NB's husband wasn't there too.  seems weird  that he didn't get invited?? JW's parents kinda of thanked him for the land and stuff so i thought everything was good.. oh, well, at least JW/NB had a happy ending. now, what are we going to watch... 

After watching the last episode (somewhat subbed), I must change my opinion and say it was an OK conclusion, and did a nice job tying up the loose ends.  I still think there should have at least been a phone call between WJ and his mother, and SA's incarceration was pretty mild, considering her obnoxious attitude and pain she caused.  Anyway, I appreciate all who shared on this thread, and hope to find some of you  on another.

I miss NB and WJ. I tried watching the new one but it just didn't grab me for the first ep. I guess I'll go back to it later and see if it picks up.

After I finally watched to last 2 eps. There was mention of WJ's mother by NB when she and WJ were at SA's brother memorial. SG became so tamed by NB and her mother. Was not impressed at all. I guess they wanted to show the old man finally found peace and happiness. He even smiled if that's what he calls smiling. SA only getting 2 years in jail and released a month early for good behavior was just nonsense. BG and BH wedding I could have did without. At least she did hear from her mother on her wedding day. I almost missed it and went back to be sure but there was a picture of NB and WJ on their wedding day in their bed room. What I did notice was that neither of them had on a ring. I don't remember if any of the married couples in this drama had rings except for NB and JW. They really didn't pay that much attention to detail for this drama.

I also wondered why WJ didn't attend the wedding but looking at it with the subs he had a important meeting and couldn't attend. Which I thought was dumb. WJ didn't end up in any of the cast group pictures. All in all I thought the ending scene was cute but so over done in dramas. The pregnancy gag. This writer has used this ending before.

Guest Anny Bee

@awsparklemy thoughts exactly... miss wj and nb.. weekends are so free now with waking up early to see this show.. so bored.. waiting to get into another show but nothing grabs me yet

Archived