[Drama 2012/13] My Love , Butterfly Lady 내 사랑 나비부인

mekeo117

marie67 said: BoAFriend said: Still waiting for Episode 29 to sub -_-

Am I the only one who is frustrated with Yoon Se Ah? She's stunningly beautiful and I actually like whenever she shows up on screen (contrary to most people here, I'm sure), but...her character is psycho and honestly her acting chops seem pretty limited at some point. Ugh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoAFriend said: marie67 said: BoAFriend said: Still waiting for Episode 29 to sub -_-

Am I the only one who is frustrated with Yoon Se Ah? She's stunningly beautiful and I actually like whenever she shows up on screen (contrary to most people here, I'm sure), but...her character is psycho and honestly her acting chops seem pretty limited at some point. Ugh

@Arishia, Funny you should mention this about pastic surgery and the offspring. There was an article last year about a man in China who sued and divorced his wife because they had a ugly baby that didn't look like neither of them. The man won his case and the wife had to pay him compensation.  Here's the article below.

http://www.worldcrunch.com/default/plastic-surgery-nation-chinese-man-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-wins/china-plastic-surgery-advertisement-verdict/c0s10072/

Arishia said: BoAFriend said: marie67 said: BoAFriend said: Still waiting for Episode 29 to sub -_-

I just re watched 29 with subs and now I'm not so sure about the amnesia, it can play either way. The flash backs that she was getting now appear to be her memory trying to restore it's self. The trauma of Roy's deceit seems to have made her block out memories made after a certain point. Even though her memories are attempting to come back at this point she is not really questioning what they mean.  On the other hand if she is faking then these are the memories that she is trying to suppress for her payback.
This episode also made me think about Roy and wonder what was his purpose in coming back. In the beginning he was all tough with SA and determined to get the families land back, but that hasn't happened and now WJ SIL has her eye on the place and want's to buy it from SA to build an outlet mall. I think the mall is her alimony because uncle/brother told Gpa that he had filed the divorce papers with the court already. Roy decision to move back home is suppose to be to ask NB for a divorce before all of her bad memories come back but he was really shaken when his mom told him about the miscarriage, but the NGF has given him 4 days to wrap things up or she will have her mother punish him.
I have this fear that this drama is about to go over the deep end and stop making sense all together. I truly hope I'm wrong. I do like that WJ has come back to work with the shoes again so he can be there to help watch over NB, and NB did ask him why she kept seeing them together on a beach. I really hope that everything gets back on track this week end and we can see where everything is headed.

IBELIS said: I just re watched 29 with subs and now I'm not so sure about the amnesia, it can play either way. The flash backs that she was getting now appear to be her memory trying to restore it's self. The trauma of Roy's deceit seems to have made her block out memories made after a certain point. Even though her memories are attempting to come back at this point she is not really questioning what they mean.  On the other hand if she is faking then these are the memories that she is trying to suppress for her payback.

Yeah. I definitely think she is faking it too...the way I read the flashbacks were that they are her memories that she knows about because if they were random bits that she couldn't remember she would have questioned them much more...like when there was the memory of her confronting SA and Roy....and especially where she saw herself with WJ on the beach she totally heard he said he liked her but when he asked if she remembered what happened she said she doesn't know...

she also looks at WJ in ways that kinda give it away as she wouldn't look at him like that if her memory stopped where she claimed.

Also in the scene where she was running to Roy she stopped in her steps and made that evil kinda look showing her revenge plan is starting to go as she planned as he has come back to her.

I somehow think WJ is gonna guess soon from the way she acts that she is faking it for revenge as well...she will somehow give away that she does remember him and likes him.

It should get really interesting this weekend...

I still say NB is faking it. In order for her revenge plan to work she needs everyone around her to believe she lost her memory. She can't take the chance of telling WJ her plan because even telling one person could blow the whole plan. NB told WJ she frequently remembers them at the beach and asks if something happen between them. NB was letting WJ know in a suddle way about his promise that no matter what happens he would always be there for her. I think WJ will quickly figure out what NB is up too. He just needs time to put the pieces together in his head. The way they look at each other shows their unspoken bond. They don't need words to understand each other.

Guest manquant

Yeah, our protagonist's good at keeping her promise. NO accident or whatever can stop it. =D>
Well, I can't blame her. Meeting Jeongwook really changed her: from a former top star who lost her wealth and had to move to her in-laws living in the countryside and insists on having homemade flower baths to a real responsible daughter-in-law despite her husband's 'death' and getting betrayed for that. The part where NaBi was in the brink of death and she sees all her memories with Roy and with WooJae is really sad, especially WooJae's line where he said it does not matter whom NaBi loves but he'll be at her side at all times. :-S She sure is faking it, no doubt about it. She already woke up when they were gone and pretended to be just waking up when her omma came back. Actually, as viewers, we are lucky to see NaBi's revenge-filled eyes just to prove she's not with psychogenic amnesia while SeolAh and the rest are still groping in the dark seeing NaBi show her innocent side which drives them nuts. It pains me to see NaBi having to go back to that 20 Million relationship with WooJae. All in all, I have mixed feelings about this amnesia arc. :( I think NaBi badly wants to confide everything to WooJae, being they love each other but she can't because she wants to fix things on her own so she's just leaving subtle hints here and there because he is one smartypants so he'll guess them soon. 
Mok Soo Jung, are you a psychic? Dreaming and then NaBi did wake up. :-? :)) You're adorable as always, being lovey dovey for real with Chan Gi. 8->
Is Yoojin taking SeolAh's side now with fabricating all those lies about NaBi? I guess whatever she does, she just wanted Jeongwook to herself so badly she had resorted to these deeds. (That actress keeps on portraying clingy type of women, she's Daeso's wife in Jumong and her YooJin character here is even worse imo) Roy, you still have the nerve to talk down to woori WooJae?! And also, Jeff/Roy or whoever you are, stick to YooJin and leave NaBi alone, arasseo? You don't want to incur the wrath of more than one woman scorned because I know, even just one is enough to make you wish you're in hell instead. [-X
So disappointed with Yoon Se Ah - can't she do any better than those muffled cries? This is the time where you can be seen as reasonable even if you wreck your whole officetel. :-j Anyway, she knows being dumped will happen all along, it's her fault for insisting to be married to WooJae again in the first place.
I hope Deo NaBi prospers soon. Tsk tsk, your misdeeds are haunting you now, SeolAh. Why don't you two get married, SeolAh and Roy? A more befitting love triangle, SeolAh-Roy-YooJin. :-j
Seeing that crazy couple entertaining those reporter calls is a breathe of fresh air. Oh well, they'll divorce soon and we should savor every screen time of WooJae's sister-in-law, right? =)) (And harabuji, nvm you, you're annoying as always)
Ommoni's being strong in her resolve. It even made that haughty YooJin kneel. Daebak. :-bd That halmoni, I hate her to bones now, she's disgusting for siding with Yoojin. 8-| At least Geum Dan halmoni was sweet enough to welcome her granddaughter-in-law home, albeit in a childish way. ;;)
WooJae-sshi, find out soon, and make sure NaBi's idea of getting even does not make her worse than deluded SeolAh, chebal. X_X [-O<
(Forgive the long post, I just caught up with the episodes today. I hope we'll have the written previews as early as tonight. ;)) )

Oh come on people - we've had shoes!  Shoes galore from CrazyWench's FauxMishall shoes to NaBi's shoes selling like hot cakes.

Also, NeedsSlapping Husband continues to be a cruddy shoddy s-hitty excuse for a human being.  Also, the following makes me really happy when I am feeling down - now we can imagine Roy-Jepp in it:

DISCLAIMER: I do not, in any way, condone violence. :) Exceptions are made for CrazyWench, Mishill, Roy-Jepp and Joffrey Baratheon.

Written previews are released:
30회 [2013-01-26]신자는 우재에게 정욱의 일을 나비에게는 비밀로 해달라는 부탁을 한다. 나비는 반가움에 정욱에게 달려가 와락 안고, 그런 모습을 보게 된 우재는 멈칫한다. 한편, 유진은 불안함에 결국 참지 못하고 정욱에게 전화를 거는데...
31회 [2013-01-27]유진은 정욱에게 도저히 참지 못하겠다며 나비가 있는 그 집에서 당장 나오라고 소리친다. 이 상황을 우연히 목격하게 된 나비는 표정이 싸늘해진다. 함께 식사를 하는 도중 나비는 정욱과 유진에게 단순 직장 상사와 동료사이가 맞는지 물어보는데...

@manquant

Don't get me wrong - I love the actors who play both Mishal and Joffrey but it's just they are so slappable and vile.  I was so disappointed with her death scene - I wanted her to suffer (and we are not going to mention the whole ridiculous storyline with Bidam either!). :D  Though a lot of villains could learn a thing or two from her - obviously she did her fair share reading of the Evil Overlord's List (google it - lots of excellent advice on how to be a proper villain).

Now in respect of the written previews, my excellent translation skills (well copy and paste into a translation engine) comes up with the following enticing plots which will bedazzle us this weekend:

Episode 30:

The believers to re-Jeong-wook, bristle, asking for a secret is asked to. The butterfly-and-a-half-wook, ran to the burst, it, seeing the halted re-. On the other hand, Yoo-jin of insecurity in the end, and unable to Jung-wook, call.

Translation.  A cult of some kind devoted to SlappableHusband appears at the restaurant intent on revealing that the family's goat is about to give birth to the Anti-Christ.  CrazyWench wonders if this will make her richard simmons look big.  She also becomes even more crazy and insecure - calls SlappableHusband many times playing the telephone version of "Knock Door, Run".  Proceeds to forget her dried frog pills and starts craddlign herself in the corner wondering why on Earth she cannot force her ex husband to fall in lover with her even after her crazy revenge plot was revealed.  IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE - WHY DOESN'T HE LIKE ME? I AM TOO FAT? SKINNY?

*Audience slowly backs out of room*

*Aunt is having a nice cup of tea, commenting on the goings on and having a chat with St Peter telling him what he should to do make heaven run better.  She has plans.  Oh boy, does she.*

Episode 31:

Yoo-Jin-wook, I can't see him, said, "I couldn't Butterfly House right away in a come yells. This situation by accident, witnessed the butterfly cold. A meal with during the butterfly, Yoo-Jin-wook and simple to your boss and his colleagues, between ask.

Translations:  SlappableHusband gets re-hit by the k-drama Contrivance Fairy and becomes blind, oh let's say for the next two weeks. This explains why he spent a good several minutes starring like Cletus as Nabi strangely crossed the road as a car was slowly slowly driving towards her honking the horn for five minutes.  He also goes to special restaurant which serves butterflies.  PETA proceeds to put a hit on him.  Aunt receives her commission and takes out her AK-45. *cackles*

@Grumpy82 you made me laugh. Your characterization of Mishil is so apt. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate her evilness and what she brought to the drama, and considering the actress is one of the few women to ever win for best villain and a daesang, it seems Korea agrees with us, but the woman was eviiiiiiillllllll. One of the reasons she was a great villain was that she was smart, if the gods of the drama didn't dictate that the good queen must always win in the end, I have no doubt Mishil would have won if it was IRL. Mishil could teach our resident evil 2nd lead in this drama a few things, 1. being to have more than one expression other than outraged shock and 2. how to successfully take down your opponent.

back to the drama - I can't wait for the reemergence of Nabi as a confident and successful woman, please no weepy, crying, weak female and no acts of noble idiocy (i.e. going back to Jeff, because she wants to repay his families kindness). Just Nyet!

Mishil was such a well-written character and the actress did an amazing job with the role. she was actually way more interesting then the queen. she had some very interesting lines -- " although, a man's strength may appear great. But a man cannot survive on his won strength alone. One needs a little bit... of Heaven's will." -- what a great piece of dialogue.

i think MLBL really lacks that dialogue pizaaz. we are veering into makjang territory but there is none of that zingy dialogue/scenes that makes us laugh and cheer........

@Imangla yes the actress is phenomenal, allegedly she doesn't get a lot of dramas, because she dared to divorce one of the  biggest Chaebol families in SK (Samsung Group) and isn't even allowed to see her kids. Her real life is a melodrama on its own.

Archived