[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

New posters for SBS’s Jang Ok-jungby javabeans | April 1, 2013 | 3 Comments

jangokjung20.jpg

A week out from the drama’s premiere, we’ve got new posters out for SBS’s Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love — which, by the way, has had two name changes since it was announced. You probably haven’t heard about them, though, since the show merely dropped its second half of the title, then decided their heroine should live by love after all. Fickle producers, always changing their minds.

I think the posters look pretty in a general sense and I don’t really have a problem with them — it’s just too bad they’re so generic-looking. The one up top actually looks like an outtake to me, as though the camera caught Yoo Ah-in and Kim Tae-hee slumping in an off moment when they thought they weren’t being shot. It’s just so… droopy.

Perhaps it’s to remind us that this is a sad romance between a king and the woman he obsessed over and then had killed? In which case I want to see a lot more fiery Anne Boleyn-ness out of our anti-heroine. Though I’m pretty sure we can count on Hong Soo-hyun (playing discarded Queen In-hyun) to provide intensity, even if her character has historically been interpreted as the meek, gentle one railroaded by the usurping vixen. I amcurious to see just how far the drama twists the “standard” narrative in giving us the alternate history, because we all know how it ends.

In the second poster, we also get a glimpse of secondary characters played by Lee Sang-yub, Jae Hee, and Han Seung-yeon. The drama follows Yawang as SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama, and premieres next Monday, April 8.

jangokjung21.jpg

Via SBS E!

Guest NEWMARIO

[*][*] class="pl_video_pagetitle" [480p][20130401] [Jang Ok Jung]  Teaser #3

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyndks_20130401-jang-ok-jung-teaser-3_shortfilms

0ym10.jpglxe11.jpg

The preview: I like the childhood parts, the kid actors really have chemistry and their little story looks promising ^^ From what I can see the king is an interesting character, not like how king SJ has been portrayed before aka weak & indecisive. I think SJ & JOJ don't recognize each other when they meet again after growing up. and before that she'll be used as tool by her step-father(?) to regain power. I can see where this is going..Too bad no Jae Hee in the preview, his character description says he's JOJ first love, but to me it looks more like SJ, Jae Hee's is one-sided only but I may be wrong.I love the BGM of the last scene, gotta be the ost.

Guest NEWMARIO

[NEWS 130401] Yoo Ah In Promises to Do HORSE DANCING on twitter.

Actor Yoo Ah In transforms to the 19th Joseon King on "Jang Ok Jung Lives In Love" Press Conference today, 1st April 2013 in Ilsan. 

All lead casts came to the press conference, they are: Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Lee Jae Hee, Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Yeob.

"King Sukjong's character is familiar to me. His anguish and conflict as a king who posses powerful monarch and interest towards Jang Ok Jung will make him look like a bad guy and a lover, which is very interesting," said Yoo Ah In.

About King Sukjong appearance, "At the beginning I couldn't follow him. I cannot have that feasible stern look. I was worried about it a lot," he said,"but I took it as a challenge for me to start this character. A lot of people questioned me taking role as King Sukjong because we have a very distinctive look. But now I'll show you my own King Sukjong," he said.

When asked about the ratings this drama will get and how much he hope for the ratings, "If the viewership exceeds 30%, I will horse dancing on twitter," he replied confidently.

Translated by Admin007

When reposting the translations, please include our Facebook address. Thank you!

Source: http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=711864

cr:
Yoo Ah In SikSeekLand

Guest love88

just wondering...they say..seungyeon son will be king...did seungyeon pregnant in beginning story????wow.....i will love the see seungyeon pregnent..!!!hhahahhhh

Guest NEWMARIO

[1080p][20130401] [Jang Ok Jung]  Teaser #3

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyngnv_1080p-20130401-jang-ok-jung-teaser-3_shortfilms

I've just seen the long preview and I TOTALLY LOVE IT  :x  . It's hitting all my kinks and works for me in all the ways that I hoped MTETS would have but never did. I've also just found out that the PD is the same one that directed my beloved MGIAG - my day can't get any better  <:-P . The camera, the music, the chemistry and the acting - PERFECTION  :x :x . By the way, I'm totally digging the ending sequence the pair of lovers completely immersed in their own world but being observed  and spied upon by all the other players in the high stake game of love, hate and power - it's like one of those guilty-pleasure historical novels of mine made into a TV series - I'm all in   <:-P  !!! I really hope the music being played during that sequence is going to make it into the actual drama because it's AWESOME.

Guest uburoi

'Jang Ok-Jeong' You Ah-In "I will turn into a bad guy"

You Ah-In talked about his feelings of acting King Sukjong.

New SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Jang Ok-Jeong, Live For Love,' notified its fancy start with the production report conference, that was held at Amble Hotel in Ilsan, on the 1st.

You Ah-In mentioned, "I will turn into a bad guy. I remember the line, 'I will never be able to live my life with someone I have in mind right now.' That is what the character Sukjong will be agonize about throughout the drama. Drama is a new challenge to me every time. I will try to perform my best and make a good drama."

Boo Seong-Cheol PD conveyed his thoughts saying, "King Sukjong that I've been thinking, was Hamlet. You Ah-In was the most suitable actor, who would be able to act out the character most effectively. I have contacted You Ah-In for several times. I just thank him because he is expressing strong charisma in every filming."

The first episode for new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Jang Ok-Jeong' will be aired on April 8th.

http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=5504

'Jang Ok-Jeong' PD "Kim Tae-Hee casting, it's like winning the lottery"

Jang Ok-Jeong' PD talked about the satisfaction of casting Kim Tae-Hee.

New SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Jang Ok-Jeong, Live For Love,' notified its fancy start with the production report conference, that was held at Amble Hotel in Ilsan, on the 1st. Boo Seong-Cheol PD mentioned, "Casting for 'Jang Ok-Jeong' is such a happy story."

Boo Seong-Cheol PD said, "JAng Ok-Jeong is the only pretty woman recognized in the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty, so we sent the script to Kim Tae-Hee. We were thinking 'It won't work,' so we were thinking of sending the script to another actor after a week but then we got a reply. It was like having won a lottery when she said she would do it. It felt like Jang Hee-Bin was helping us to newly interpret the character. I am happy to shoot with the best actors in Korea."

The first episode for new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Jang Ok-Jeong' will be aired on April 8th.

http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=5505

Guest uburoi

love88 said: just wondering...they say..seungyeon son will be king...did seungyeon pregnant in beginning story????wow.....i will love the see seungyeon pregnent..!!!hhahahhhh

Guest xtaeheex

Wow thank you very much everyone for posting many pictures and links! AWESOME!!
Aaaw, look at these two..melting my heart ^_^
525338_641851052497864_796984549_n.jpg547470_641845789165057_368782290_n.jpg644374_10200611550705748_120530630_n.jpg
734026_641845962498373_243368361_n.jpg
525416_641851255831177_372551388_n.jpg
34994_10200611575666372_1551649350_n.jpg
65787_641848865831416_1931226418_n.jpg
544062_641851359164500_1322915537_n.jpg
7272_10200611552545794_1162987607_n.jpg
528272_10200611342620546_1172752777_n.jp
521814_10200611554105833_494183028_n.jpg
521863_10200611291779275_2034461557_n.jp
528245_10200611573346314_62854910_n.jpg734475_10200611551545769_104406650_n.jpg

Guest NEWMARIO

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); letter-spacing: normal; clear: both; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Yoo Ah In Reveals He Will Become a Bad Guy on”Jang Ok Jung”

image.jpg?w=600

Actor Yoo Ah In says King Sukjoon will be seen as the bad guy of the drama.

A press conference for the drama took place on April 1st, at the Amble Hotel located in Ilsan, where Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Hong Soo Hyun, Lee Jae Hee, and Lee Sang Yeob were present.

On the event, Yoo Ah In talked about what his character will show the public, he said, “King Sukjoon will struggle and agonize with his love for Jang Ok Jung, as well as being a powerful figure. Because of this he will be seen as a bad man.”

Like Us on Facebook  

He added, “at first, it was hard for me to understand him, I couldn’t follow him. I wasn’t able to pull his attainable look. I started to worry a lot about it. I always take a new character in a drama, as a challenge, and now I will try my best to perform and show my own King Sukjoon.”

Director Boo Sung Chul, praised the actor saying, “Yoo Ah In was the only one I thought was going to be able to play the role of King Sukjoon. He and I met a lot, and I want to thank him for showing such strong charisma on set evey time.”

Yoo Ah In also made a promised, and said that if the drama was able to tech the 30% of ratings, he will do the horse dance on Twitter.

"Jang Ok Jung" will premiere on April 8th, at 10PM (KST), and will air every Monday and Tuesday on SBS.

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; letter-spacing: -1px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "KARA fans donate 772 lbs of rice for Seungyeon’s dramaby jennywill - 2 hours ago- Views-

this Story

• 6Share on Tumblr

20130401_seungyeon_rice3-600x447.jpg

KARA fans donated 350 kgs (772 lbs) of rice for Seungyeon‘s drama!

On April 1st, the drama ‘Jang Ok Jung, Living In Love‘ held their press conference at the Goyang-chi MVL Hotel Kintex. In support of Sungyeon, fans got together to donate the rice to be present at the press conference. The 350 kgs of rice will be sent to a charity of Seungyeon’s choice to help children and the elderly in need.

Seungyeon’s character in the drama is from a poor background, but she becomes one of the several wives of the king and succeeds in having her son inherit the throne. She will be vying for Yoo Ah In’s love against Kim Tae Hee.

The first episode of the drama will air on April 8.

20130401_seungyeon_rice2-600x405.jpg

20130401_seungyeon_rice-600x447.jpg

20130401_seungyeon_rice4-600x674.jpg

Tip: itsme

cr:allkpop.com

Archived