[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest OreoVampire

utkim said: OH SOO naration :

For the first time, I was happy like a child.
I wasn't scared of Moo-Chul's knife either.
In my 30 years of life, I didn't feel unfair for the first time.
The thought that the world is definitely a fair place, came to me for the first time.
I shouldn't forget this moment being with Young.
So when I take Hyung Moo Chul's knife, I should never feel it's unfair.
Hundreds and thousands of times, I remind myself.
But there are moments when I'm afraid.
Then I'll try to think again.
Till this moment today and the past, the girl who must have been endlessly afraid of death, Young, who is in front of me.
For me, My life is absolutely not unfair.

I'm happy now.
I'm done.

@anne & ueni agustin

I have watched ep 11 and so far this is 1 of my most fav ep :x

@sunshine4ever omgosh... that scene from their fight in the room to his ultimatum on the mountain-top was a highlight of Ep 11. From then on, it was a story of the patient who gave up on herself and of the people/family who love her (not just romantically, but something more intimate), wrestling with her to get her to want to fight again. 

This is more from the viewpoint of OS/family of the patient:

From the shock and distress of finding out her relapse

To the fury obsession of finding a way to save her

To the pain and frustration of OY's apathy. He gives her a taste of her own medicine (and here is why OS beats our SW in getting through to OY: SW strong-arms her to follow instructions, taunting her vulnerability-- which OY is super sensitive about-- "Too bad, I will make you do it even if you don’t want to– and it’d be easy because you’re blind (i.e. don’t bother fighting it because you’re powerless)". OS on the other hand confronts her, and wrings from her the excuse that because she "can’t see", she’s not culpable of the pain she gives to other people when she makes those choices), he lashes back at her for the pain she gave him.

It's one of those times when you throw your hands up and wonder why you're fighting for this person anymore when they gave up on themselves. "Forget it! Since you're abandoning yourself, then fine! I'll cut you off too!"

"Evidence [his taking pictures]. Today is the day I abandoned you. Put these photos in your hideaway room and if you happen to be able to see, look at this picture. And even if you're still blind, don't forget I abandoned you [today]. While you're alive, you want to make sweet memories with me before you leave? [guess leave here means die?] Forget it. You don't care at all how I'll feel after I leave [is this a typo? supposed to be you instead?] here, huh? The fact that I'll yearn for you, miss you, want to touch you, you don't care. Because if you die, that's it. If I knew what a disrespectful brat you were a bit sooner...making food with you, listening to the sound of snowflakes with you, holding you, those painful, unforgettable kind of memories --- I wouldn't have made them. During that time, if you made those memories just to die, then I'm going to make new memories to live. I'm going to live! If I have only painful memories with you, then it's going to be easy to forget you after you die. That's why I'm like this. Because I have to live even without you. Even without you, I have to live in this disgusting world!"

I wanted to cry as he said those lines (I just have to put your quote back in here)... But once they show any sign of getting back up and desiring to live, you will jump back to fighting at their side without a thought (when OS finds OY's writing in the snow).

Exhilaration when he finds a chance for her to recover

Shattered when he is told that there is no hope...

Am I the only one who feels that OS and OY (i.e the writer who penned them) is no longer simply telling the story of a couple, but speaking for all terminally ill patients out there, and for their family/loved ones?

@ZarraJae thank you for your mention~ that's so sweet of you. Hugs* for what you had to go through =[

Guest marlin

i don,t like it , now there is no more thing the writer need to give us ... :-S

but i get so sad when i actually watch it , did u see how he was crying .i got depressed .

he is losing her , that was the point .

he didn,t kiss her just cuz he loves her but cuz he already miss her and it,s very sad =(( viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427

viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427

Dunno if this were already posted but here.. :)
class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: white; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px;"Gummy has won the top spot on the Billboard K-Pop Chart

According to a March 15 report from Billboard, one of Korea’s greatest female singers, Gummy, has reached the top of the Billboard K-Pop Chart with her song “Snow Flower” for two weeks in a row. “Snow Flower” was released on the 27th of February. The song is from the original sound track ofThat Winter, the Wind Blows, a series that aired on SBS. Its plaintive melody is rendered perfectly by Gummy’s touching voice.

Davichi’s new title track “Turtle” occupied second place on the chart, and 2AM’s “One Spring Day,” Lee Hi’s “It’s Over,” and The One’s “Winter Love” followed on the chart.

cr. :en.korea

wow i'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind like 50 pages :( unfortunately i don't have the time to read them all so i just read the newest ones.  i love everyone's insights. It seems that TWTWB jumped into most of us #1 list.  I never really had a #1 fav drama because there are so many from comedy to drama to historical to action how can i possibly choose?  Now here comes TWTWB and after episode 11 viola my #1 fav of all time (hopefully it'll be a happy ending though i don't mind a sad ending too i just don't want to be reminded of AIMH) 
I love JIS and SHK together so much that how can i possibly watch them with other people after this is over.  I have this thing that I don't care how good the drama is if I like the person with someone else I wont watch it lolz sorry I know I'm weird.  
I'm actually glad that won bin didn't take the role of oh soo.  As good of an actor won bin is I don't think he could've captured our hearts as much as JIS did.  I think the PT did a great job casting JIS as both him and SHK compliment acting and looks. 
as for my thoughts on the drama. well you guys said it all.  in a way i'm happy that it's only 5 more episodes so i can go watch another drama. i'm not watching any other drama i just don't get into it as much as i get into TWTWB.  But I'm sadden that it's going to be over.  I know its farfetched but I really do hope that they do another project maybe not soon but in the future. I'll be waiting until then :D  maybe a comedy next time. i miss her in comedy.  or they dont have to do any dramas together but create their own love story in real life together lol i don't mind that at all. 

@lynie I have to quote you on this."I love JIS and SHK together so much that how can i possibly watch them with other people after this is over.  I have this thing that I don't care how good the drama is if I like the person with someone else I wont watch it lolz sorry I know I'm weird. " 
THIS. You are not weird. You are not alone. I also don't watch if I don't like their co-stars. Just like Song Joong Ki, I love him. But I don't like Park Bo Young at all.(I'm sorry PBY fans) Even though a lot of people were saying werewolf boy was a good movie, I didn't watch because I like SJK for Moon Chae Won only. I know I'm an obsessive shipper like that. What are we going to do after this drama ends? and they will have to do another drama with other stars. I can't take it. Especially JIS, he is for SHK only. I can't bear to see him kissing others' lips after this.

hi everyone;I've a question if u excuse me! I've looked the old posts but couldn't see, I hope u know the answer. in ep 11, I suppose during the first 10 mins, OY goes out at night and write something on the snow and in the morning OS see it. can you tell me what exactly is it? I think it's an emotional note but I cannot read korean letters. I've checked softy's recap and couldn't see there, either.

bluecat13 said: hi everyone;I've a question if u excuse me! I've looked the old posts but couldn't see, I hope u know the answer. in ep 11, I suppose during the first 10 mins, OY goes out at night and write something on the snow and in the morning OS see it. can you tell me what exactly is it? I think it's an emotional note but I cannot read korean letters. I've checked softy's recap and couldn't see there, either.

Guest diamond2212

bluecat13 said: hi everyone;I've a question if u excuse me! I've looked the old posts but couldn't see, I hope u know the answer. in ep 11, I suppose during the first 10 mins, OY goes out at night and write something on the snow and in the morning OS see it. can you tell me what exactly is it? I think it's an emotional note but I cannot read korean letters. I've checked softy's recap and couldn't see there, either.

Guest sunshine4ever

@hartofseeker, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. ^^ They were so insightful. Can't make up my mind, but I like what you wrote so I emoted awesome instead of insightful. So ashamed, but I barely got a chance to watch episodes 10-11 yet because I didn't have time. Whatever I wrote was what I observed only through certain scenes only lol. I usually have a wrap up thought post, but so far I'm lagging and I don't know how to wrap up my thoughts for episodes 8-9. @-) I wonder if I ever can compose anything at all. Ideas remained the same, but thoughts have changed. Weird feelings about Oh Soo & Oh Young from me. Haha. I think because Oh Soo & Oh Young don't have families, so it is easy to connect with each other. I mean she might not know that he was abandoned just like her, but by her encouraging him on secretly with her diary videos...they seem to be each other's sources of living now...I just hope that they will not die at the end of this drama...*sighs* Ms. Noh, please give us a good ending...

I just read that Hye Kyo really likes Oh Soo, too. Sweet.

Somehow I am just so immersed in this drama that sometimes I forgot that Song Hye Kyo played blind. It's just so weird. From the beginning I thought I'd be bothered a bit because she'll play blind, but it's awesome that she chose this character to act. She's so different when she looked blind, but she must studied the blind well because her eyes seem so real.

Guest malou1310

http://news.mtn.co.kr/newscenter/news_viewer.mtn?gidx=2013031511222796437 plzz someone translate this news for us ..tehy 'r talking about BOA & kYO 

Hi guys!
I love this drama and I love Soo and Young. I really hope they end up together and happy forever and ever, possibly living XD!

The OST of TWTWB is amazing, I specially like the instrumentals, the one with the violins and the one that plays when somthing important or revealing comes up, like the kiss in ep 11 :x
Do you happen to know the titles?

crixa said: @lynie I have to quote you on this."I love JIS and SHK together so much that how can i possibly watch them with other people after this is over.  I have this thing that I don't care how good the drama is if I like the person with someone else I wont watch it lolz sorry I know I'm weird. " 
THIS. You are not weird. You are not alone. I also don't watch if I don't like their co-stars. Just like Song Joong Ki, I love him. But I don't like Park Bo Young at all.(I'm sorry PBY fans) Even though a lot of people were saying werewolf boy was a good movie, I didn't watch because I like SJK for Moon Chae Won only. I know I'm an obsessive shipper like that. What are we going to do after this drama ends? and they will have to do another drama with other stars. I can't take it. Especially JIS, he is for SHK only. I can't bear to see him kissing others' lips after this.