[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest maiphyy

Hi guys! Been a silent reader in this forum for a while now. Been rewatching the episodes to kill some time before Wednesday and Thursday :) I have a quick question regarding their age. Quite confused here. I am currently rewatching episode 2 and the part where she confronts him at the pool regarding not asking how's she's doing after becoming blind I just realized Young said "showing up after 11 years" but it doesn't make Any sense since that means she's only 17? Anyway, I must have missed it somewhere. I tried to look at the front page to find in I the description but couldn't find it anywhere regarding their age. Thanks!

Guest sunshine4ever

maiphyy said: Hi guys! Been a silent reader in this forum for a while now. Been rewatching the episodes to kill some time before Wednesday and Thursday :) I have a quick question regarding their age. Quite confused here. I am currently rewatching episode 2 and the part where she confronts him at the pool regarding not asking how's she's doing after becoming blind I just realized Young said "showing up after 11 years" but it doesn't make Any sense since that means she's only 17? Anyway, I must have missed it somewhere. I tried to look at the front page to find in I the description but couldn't find it anywhere regarding their age. Thanks!

My guess is that OY's dad may have given instructions that as long as OY needs assistance, SW is to stay and help. If OY should die or should her sight return and she is no longer blind, SW will be terminated from her position and must leave the house. That may be the reason she does not want OY to see or to die. If OY is dependent on her, her position is safe.

@sunshine4ever yes dear I thought too, of course IF I myself heard same thing comparing me too animal I must be angry as well. maybe she wanted to tell "Im a human even I am blind,dont treat me like an animal."
and I dont like dying as well! hehehhehe of course who wants to have sad ending! hihiihi
OY personality is really like an isnt ordinary person, she was really trained how could she slapped OS right in his face! 

Guest maiphyy

Thank you! I just realized drama fever dubbed it wrong. After I read your message I checked viki and it did say after 21 years. :)

eva23 said: Agie said:

This is my most anticipated scene for episode 10...so heartbreaking, if the rest episode of TWTB turn good likely this drama will become my other all time favorite K-drama
280l5x4.gif

If writer Noh follow the ending of "Ai Nante Irane Yo Natsu", all of us no need to worry because we will have a happy ending, like this :
118hybs.png1y9xty.pngi1yxw6.png 1zq5vki.png

but if writer Noh decide that she want an alternative ending for OS and OY, I wont mind.  Usually, I dont like melodrama, but for writer Noh's drama I made an exception like Padam Padam and TWTB... and it turn I'm not disappointed with the ending writer Noh gave us in Padam Padam.Just for your information in Padam Padam, first writer Noh want to make the leading man died with cancer, but in the end she decide to give an alternative ending, an open ending for us.  It didn't show us the leading man died. But it show us how the couple happy just by appreciate each every day they spent together.
Writer Noh follow almost closely with the Japanese drama, but she made some character in TWTB a little bit different, like secretary Wang, Moo Chul and the fiance and to add more spice for TWTB, writer Noh gave us additional character that didnt exist in Japanese drama like So Ra.
What I really like with TWTB, until episode 9, I dont hate any character in it.  Everybody so grey, they are not black or white.  All of them have their own reason for what they did and the reason is believe able for me.
So, hopefully I could enjoy watching TWTB until the end, and curious what writer Noh and director Kim will bring to us for the last 7 episodes :)

Guest OreoVampire

LO forevergirl said: @sunshine4ever yes dear I thought too, of course IF I myself heard same thing comparing me too animal I must be angry as well. maybe she wanted to tell "Im a human even I am blind,dont treat me like an animal."
and I dont like dying as well! hehehhehe of course who wants to have sad ending! hihiihi
OY personality is really like an isnt ordinary person, she was really trained how could she slapped OS right in his face! 

Guest sunshine4ever

Dear everyone, I just wanted to say thanks so much for all of your awesome responses to me. Makes me feel so much at ease now trying to understand Oh Young a little bit more.

yukitube said: @sunshine4ever... That is a great point about people who are gravely ill...speaking about being pushed to the brink... of giving up one moment and then staying still the next....like riding the peaks and valleys of pain and coping.

Even if the fake OS and "the pill" came as a relief, she never stopped searching for a way out of her misery...the train, the river...and the never ending talk about dying and lately she's gotten edgy about getting married too (even if it’s against her will)...and to “look beautiful for her brother for the last time”. A clear sign she is racing against time.

Which OS has correctly recognized (in the last 2 eps) prompting him to even seek out his most fervent tormentor, exhausting all the means and not giving up in getting her cured.

The lab findings (pill being lethal) proved to OY (in a way) the true intent of OS (telling the truth about the pill) though she knew he emptied it... if only to ease her pain. Seemingly a defining moment (for OY & OS), that fake or real... he was not letting her die.

Could that be the whole premise of her temper tantrums? .... But in the "grand scheme of things", it sounds petty...unless she was finding an excuse to get back at him (and vent) because of all the new revelations piling up with the old (allegations). It could be overwhelming especially for someone with a lingering illness.   

Sidenote: JS (who seems to have a clue) called MC a murderer.... Could it be.. the real OS death was a perfect "hit" and not an accident?  It will not be hard to find the trail, as OY was out that day to find his bro...only SW has the motives though...Of course she knew what the real OS was up to ...she read all his letters except the last. IMO.

I simply cannot wait for "this winter" to end...(daylight is here and Spring it is, in a few hours). But I won't let "That winter TWB" to end....not with a thread like this...LOL.   :D

Tbh, i've never been this hooked with kdrama. Every single thing's perfect. The casts, esp.the leads, the story, the cinematoghrapy, the osts. I usually have only one favourite ost for every kdrama. But, gaaah...this drama has spoiled me with it awasome osts. Thats why, i never get bored replaying the last ep. 9. Idk, whether bcoz of the the heartbreaking scene or bcoz of the ost. I think, both. By any chance, is there any update when will the full version of ost part 5 released? 

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Kim Bum Says It Takes Three Days for His Six Pack To Go Away
kimdebbie March 10, 2013
Kim Bum Says It Takes Three Days for His Six Pack To Go Away

Actor Kim Bum recently showed his adorable and aegyo-filled personality in his latest appearance on SBS’s “One Night of TV Entertainment” on March 6.

On the show, Kim Bum was given a series a statements and  asked to hold up an “O” if he considered it to be true to him and an “X” if false. The first statement read, “I feel like I’ve finally outgrown my boyish image” to which he confirmed with “O.” He explained, “Last year, I lost a lot of fat. At one time ,I lost nearly 10 kg of weight. I feel like, after that, the appearance of my face changed quite a bit.”

Regarding the compliments he received about his fit body, Kim Bum replied, “All my efforts were futile however, since I lost my six pack in three days after I stopped exercising” causing everyone to laugh. 

The next statement Kim Bum was given read, “Even when I look at myself, I think I’m rather good-looking” to which he also confirmed with a “O.” He said confidently, “I remember to thank my mom as I go on living my life.” When asked what feature he liked best about himself he stated, “I was told my eyes take after my mother’s.”

When asked about his ideal type, Kim Bum answered, “I like cute girls who express a lot of aegyo. I think it’s also important for her to understand me.”

In related news, Kim Bum made the surprising announcement that if “That Winter, The Wind Blows” receives a viewership rating of over 20% – he will give Jung Eun Ji a kiss. 

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/10/actor-kim-bum-says-it-takes-three-days-for-his-six-pack-to-go-away/

wangnyeo said: is not this off scene O2 moment ?? 
http://vimeo.com/61323607#

at 13:38 ..
he could drop here and repeat the shooting but he let her on his back and did repeat it ^^

YYEEsss I even hope hard that JIS had been NG it on purpose so he can continuing hug her  like in shooting scene n piggy back ride when he told to rewind it he just keep carrying her to the earlier spot..
=))

This drama is really had made me 8-}....