[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

@freshspring: thanks for those super lovely SCs dearie..." thanks to this pic,im not sad anymore" --> THIS...uv said it beautifully...tats exactly how i feel...i was sad before bt not anymore...our dear Oh soo has showed us tat he can and he will protect Oh Young, wd tat lovely heart melting gesture...interesting how OY's real bro's name means to protect and now our hero is doing just that...protecting her...aww :x

hartofseeker: thanks soo much for the preview...

my god,i duno how am i goin to survive another day of waiting...wed seems sooo far away...

Guest kawaiiyuki

I keep forgetting that the episodes are a little off since we had 3 episodes the first week! This week is epi 10/11

I don't know if OY will forgive OS for lying...I think she can  forgive him for wanting the money even though he was desperate for the money he didn't want to get it by killing her. What would get her really upset is that he didn't tell her about her real oppa being die.
All thanks for the spooning hospital scene-really if people just walked in on them they look more like lovers/a couple than siblings. :D And the spooning remains me of the the last scene of the move "Love Story"  :(

DC's most recent news bit about upcoming episode (not info that would surprise us):

Upon discovery of OY's brain tumor relapse, OS goes to MC and begs on his knees before him in hopes of saving OY. But OY refuses to have surgery and is instead, determined to get married.

It's hilarious in my discovery of this cuz i'm on DC, see a thread with the words "preview", click it open, and see screen caps of another drama o_o and then i realized on the very bottom of those screen caps were the above written preview going across the bottom of the screen hehehe....

Fidelity said:Not too much new dialogue, but I'll translate anyways - 

OY: Did you pity me? If not...
Secretary W: We're going to transfer hospitals right now.

JS: Know your limit (Know your place)! It's going to be noticed that you like Young-ie.
OS (talking to Sora, I think): What you have for me right now is an obsession... not a love's wager. So there is no betrayal.

Real OS's friend (I can't remember his name): See? The wound is on the left arm! The OS right now is not the real OS!
OS: Save her, hyung.. let's save Young-ie! Let's not let her become like Heejoo!
OY: I won't get the surgery. I want to get married. To oppa, I want to... appear beautiful one last time.

It's really difficult to keep up when you have work overload plus an explosive thread like this... ~X( ~X( ~X( I want to read everything in here but its difficult.. :(( But still, thanks windblowers and I can see new peeps here.. :-h <:-P A definite sign of That Winter gaining more popular day by day.. \:D/

monchoo

said: Hi chingus! Just read d preview of eps10 fr baidu bar!! Please prepare d tissue box or hanky or ur sleeves for ur own tears!!

:((

The preview consist of 2 scenes. 1. Sora and SW (which I will not mention here.)

2. Youngie at hospital. Soo came in.

Youngie:what did d doc says?' Soo with tears at the brink of breaking down. Youngie: I knew it.

Soo: it's ok. U'll be fine after operation.

Young: at d age Of six, I hav had over 20 over chemotherapy. I dun think o can't go thru that once more time.

Soo hugs her consoling her, 'it will be ok' and they both cried:

Waaaa~~~~

:((

By just typing I m already at years! How am I to watch ep10! Aisshhh this is so so typical k drama!!

Guest diamond2212

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung Make a Lovely Couple in Pictorial for “High Cut”yw740030 March 11, 20135 CommentsSong Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung Make a Lovely Couple in Pictorial for “High Cut”

On March 10 on fashion magazine “High Cut,” pictorial photos of Song Hye Gyoand Jo In Sung were revealed. The pictures were behind-the-scenes from the popular SBS’s drama “That Winter, the Wind Blows.

In the images are Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung playing a game of snow fight. In one photo, Jo In Sung playfully chases Song Hye Gyo, while in another, they are snuggling together on the snow.  Against the beautiful scenery, Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung are gorgeous together.

Netizens that saw these photos admired, “When Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung snow fight, it makes a beautiful pictorial,” “I wonder if they are really dating each other,” “They are so playful with each other.”     

that-winter-high-cut2.pngthat-winter-high-cut3.pngthat-winter-high-cut4.png

Share on Tumblrvia soompi

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Instiz releases chart rankings for the second week of March 2013instiz11111111111_zpsecc0a895.png

The Instiz chart combines the overwhelming variety of charts that South Korea uses to rank music sales, and it’s also what fans use to determine whether their favorite artist has achieved an “All-Kill”.

Check out the chart rankings for the second week of March (March 4 to March 10) below!

===

Instiz Chart Singles Ranking

1. Gummy – “Snowflake” – 26,009 Points

2. 2AM – “One Spring Day” – 20,361 Points

3. Davichi – “Turtle” – 19,678 Points

4. Lee Hi – “It’s Over” – 19,231 Points

5. The One – “Winter Love” – 18,481 Points

6. SISTAR19 – “Gone Not Around Any Longer” – 16,493 Points

7. Teen Top – “Miss Right” – 9,403 Points

8. SHINee – “Dream Girl” – 9,383 Points

9. Huh Gak ft. Yoo Seung Woo – “Monodrama” – 9,017 Points

10. LeeSSang ft. Eugene of The SEEYA – “Tears” – 7,601 Points

cr. : allkpop

Lots and lots of love for That Winter.... <:-P

class="cb b15" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);""That Winter, The Wind Blows" Meaning of 4 Different Tears4_zps8091fac8.png

(Photo : SBS) "That Winter, The Wind Blows" Meaning of 4 Different Tears

The tears of the main characters of the SBS drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows" is breaking the hearts of the viewers.

The main characters, Jo In Sung, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Bum and Jung Eun Ji all have been scarred in the past. They all look strong from the outside but their burning tears show otherwise. Although their tears appear to be the same, each of them have different meanings.

** Oh Soo, Tears in his Struggles to Live

The dead woman who used to carry Oh Soo's (Jo In Sung) child is Moon Hee Sun's (Jung Eun Ji) older sister. Moon Hee Sun says, "What's the reason you have to live after everything?" Oh Soo is on a constant struggle to survive. He is identified as a poker gambler who was abandoned as soon as he was born. After all the hardships he has been through, the one thing that brings tears to his eyes is Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo) who brings him relief and begins to heal him of his scars.

When Oh Soo is asked to talk about himself, Oh Soo speaks in third person and says, "He was abandoned under a tree after he was born. He found a woman he loves when he was 19 years old but when she told him she was pregnant, he pushed her away heartlessly.When she tried coming after me, she got hit by a car and died." When Oh Young comforts him, Oh Soo begins to cry but not wanting her to hear, he covers his mouth while he cries.

Also, in the 9th episode that was aired March 7, Oh Soo stares and cries when Oh Young screams at him asking why he didn't kill her. Oh Soo begins to truly love Oh Young as a woman and wants desperately to save her life. Oh Soo sheds tears for not being able to help the woman he deeply loves.

** Oh Young, Tears from Wanting to End Life

Oh Young is an heiress. There is nothing materialistic that she can't get her hands on. Even though she can't see, she has a dedicated secretary and a successful fiance. However, she trusts no one. While she is wasting away, Oh Soo shows up after 20 years of being gone. He was her only hope. When she learns that Oh Soo approached her for money, she cries hysterically asking Oh Soo to let her trust him.

Oh Young's tears show her loneliness and her depressed state that makes her want to end her life to escape despair.

In the 9th episode, she finds out once again that Oh Soo is after her money and becomes furious. Oh Young feels betrayed and alone while she cries. The viewers cried with her that moment.

** Park Jin Sung, Tears for Friendship and Family

Park Jin Sung is always by Oh Soo's side. Although he seems very full of himself, he is very caring and loyal.

When Oh Soo slaps Moon Hee Sun, Park Jin Sung gets angry and goes home but when he learns that Oh Soo has medicine that could kill Oh Young, he finds Oh Soo to help him find a different route to get money from her. Park Jin Sung says, "Even if I'm always on your side I can't watch you murder somebody" with tears in his eyes.

Nobody knew that Park Jin Sung could be so mature and strong. His loyalty and love for Oh Soo touched the viewers and drew attention for not betraying Oh Soo in a very difficult situation.

Park Jin Sung's tears are from his effort to protect his friendship with Oh Soo. They are tears of loyalty.

** Moon Hee Sun, Tears from Wanting Someone She Can't Have

It is unsure whether Moon Hee Sun is going to ruin everything for Oh Soo or save his life. However, one thing is for sure: she loves Oh Soo.

She becomes upset when she sees Oh Soo spending time with Oh Young. Moon Hee Sun cries when she realizes that he is in love with Oh Young. Her tears of true love for Oh Soo made the viewers cry with her since her sincerity is very unexpected.

Idol group member and actress Jung Eun Ji is impressing the viewers with her surprisingly talented acting in "That Winter, The Wind Blows". Jung Eun Ji has been the center of good reviews among critics.

cr. : kdramastar

Guest Asianatic

i like this particular line the most..very well said(assuming its spoken to so ra)

"OS (talking to Sora, I think): What you have for me right now is an obsession... not a love's wager. So there is no betrayal." 

^^ Oh YOU TELL HER OH SOO,U TELL HER!! About time he knocks some sense into that Sora woman..She drives me crazy....arghhh   X( 

may be it is tooooooooooooooo early but I could not help not to think about SBS 2013 Drama Awards !!
this year it is not only good Drama but SBS managed to get back the Big Names / Stars !! 
TWTWB , Queen ambition Kwon Sang Woo & Soo Ae  , Jang Ok Jung with Kim Tae hee ..

I can not imagine we could see at least Song Hye Kyu and Kim Tae Hee in that Ceremony !! >>>> died 
so till now what I am Afraid of  the compition and rewarding ! I wish they will not depend on rating but the true talented people .. 
if only TWTWB be the drama of the year >> I am happiest in the world ^^ 
>> Dreaming is continuing  8->

Maybe a little bit off the topic.Just now I watched k-drama "You're the best Lee Soon Sin" which starred by IU and in the drama there's one person who play as an assistant to the male lead. That assistant's name is happened to be JO IN SUNG in the drama, and the male lead (which is a manager of an entertainment agency) says that his assistant actually wanted to become an actor but then he need to give up because of the name..hahahaha..it is so hilaruous! I wonder do they intentionally use "jo in sung" as the assistant's name in that drama because the hype of TWTWB?  :)) :))

SHK & JIS GOOD MORNING SHOW CUThttp://vimeo.com/61323607

OMO!!! OS practically confessed his feelings to OY in the preview when he said he must've loved her a lot when she asked if he pitied her cm-32342-150ad65b6c1245.gif

wow, just looking at the stills and screencaps of the preview for episode 10 is enough to break my heart. just seeing the pain on their faces and their tears..... i need to prepare myself for wednesday! :-< i'm going to need to have a box of tissues ready by my side, i already know i'm gonna be an emotional wreck watching episode 10. the good news is that she'll finally know the truth and can have romantic feelings for him now! :D
i know it's not going to be easy for them, but i am so glad that he let her know right away... thank god it's not like those dramas where the main lead drags it on and doesn't let the other lead know about their feelings and then it just becomes a mess. OY will probably still be pissed at him, but i'm excited to see how OS will chase after her and try to win her trust and love back. 
it's interesting reading most of the posts to see how a lot of people think there'll be a happy ending. it makes me happy seeing people so optimistic about a melodrama :) i think that there'll be a happy ending too. youngie NEEDS to get her eyesight back somehow, i don't even care if it's unrealistic, because it'd be such a shame if she cannot see how handsome her oh soo oppa is! the drama focuses on life and how there are these two people who have no reason to live, yet they both have completely different interpretations on life. one wants to live even without a purpose, while the other wants to die. they finally found each other and it gives them happiness, a purpose, motivation to continue living. i think the writer would want to emphasize more on the "hope" of being able to find a purpose in life, something that makes you want to keep living.. even after everything you've been through. i'm ready for all the heartache and angst that's coming at us in the next couple episodes because, hopefully, that means there'll be a happy O2 couple in love waiting for us at the end. 
i am so ready for episode 10, with all the tears, pain, heartbreak, and emotions...tumblr_lu9dmvtRiZ1r1shus.gif