[Drama 2012] Jeon Woo Chi 전우치

Admin

Jeon Woo Chi / 전우치Genre: Action, fantasy, historicalEpisodes: TBABroadcast Network: KBS2Broadcast Period: November 21st, 2012 - TBAAir Time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55Official Website: KBSDirector: Kang Il-SooWriter: Jo Myung-JooReplaced: Nice GuyRelated To: Jeon Woo Chi (2009) Starring Kang Dong-won (Korean Movie)
SynopsisJeon Woo Chi is a classical novel of unknown origin dating to the Joseon era that tells the story of a free-wheeling, mischievous Jeon Woo Chi, who swallowed the gumiho's fox bead, which gave him powers of Taoist magic. He uses those powers to save the poor, oppressed people and becomes a hero. -- Dramabeans
Casttumblr_manzud1rQP1rb60l9o1_500.jpgCha Tae Hyun as Jeon Woo Chi
tumblr_manzvlCpKe1rb60l9o1_500.pngUee (After School) as Princess Hong Moo Yeon
tumblr_mapmwcS01c1rb60l9o1_400.jpgLee Hee Jun
tumblr_mapn1yqNrB1rb60l9o1_400.jpgSung Dong Il
tumblr_mawsl9CCzT1rb60l9o1_500.jpgKim Gab Soo
tumblr_mawskiNKb21rb60l9o1_500.jpgHong Jong Hyun
tumblr_mawsjywEfb1rb60l9o1_500.jpgJo Harang
tumblr_mbsjg8KXyX1rb60l9o1_500.jpgLee Byung Joon
tumblr_mbsjfvWKAd1rb60l9o1_1280.jpgJooyeon
tumblr_mbsjf7sRLI1rb60l9o1_1280.jpgBaek Jin Hee
tumblr_mbsjesdROE1rb60l9o1_500.jpgJung Soo Young
tumblr_mbsjmlR4gh1rb60l9o1_500.jpgAhn Yong Joon
tumblr_mc4g6cRNUg1rb60l9o1_500.jpgPark Joo Hyung

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Jeon Woo-chi casts supporting ladies

BaekJinHee1.jpg

Yay, Baek Jin-hee! More casting news for dramaland’s adaptation of wizardy fusion sageuk Jeon Woo-chi, starring Cha Tae-hyun and UEE. With leads and baddies now squared away, it’s time to fill out the cast of supporting ladies, starting with High Kick’s Baek Jin-hee who’ll play Cha Tae-hyun’s little sis. Aw, can’t you just picture them coming from the same funny family?

Cha Tae-hyun plays the titular Jeon Woo-chi, a mischievous taoist wizard from the fictional world of Yuldo, who travels to Joseon to avenge the deaths of his teacher and his first love. But while on his secret revenge mission, he witnesses the plight of the people and decides to stick around, eventually becoming a hero. Baek Jin-hee will play Lee Hye-ryung, who doesn’t know that her oppa is actually Jeon Woo-chi, and struggles alone on her quest to find her missing brother.

I’m excited for some family adorableness between these two, because it seems like perfect casting. I hope he doesn’t stay lost for too long; it’ll be fun to watch the hero keep his secret identity from someone on a daily basis. I was picturing him more like a wandering Iljimae type, but it’d be great if he had a little sister at home who was like, “Oppa, where the hell do you go every night?”

JoHaRang1.jpg

Also joining the cast is Jo Ha-rang (pictured above) from the jTBC drama To My Beloved (coincidentally with Hong Jong-hyun who’s also in Jeon Woo-chi). She plays a gisaeng who works both sides of the law as a linchpin informant. She’ll play a pivotal role in helping Jeon Woo-chi — she’ll be his eyes and ears, since she’s in a position to keep him informed about the goings-on of every powerful man who comes through the gisaeng house.

UEE’s fellow idol group mate Jooyeon (pictured below) has also been cast, following her recent guest stint on Answer Me 1997 as Tae-woong’s quirky doctor girlfriend. She’ll be playing a damo (a female officer) who’s a skilled warrior and royal guard. She guards the young king, and has done so since his days as a prince. Aw, that’s a cute little side story. She’s still really, really green as an actress, but it’s pretty much a silent bodyguard character. If she can pull off soulful looks of longing and some badass sword skills, we’re golden.

Jeon Woo-chi follows Nice Guy and premieres November 21 on KBS.

Juyeon1.jpg

source : Dramabeans

Guest nuuryzaan

looking forward for this drama although I'm still can't see how Cha Tae Hyun & UEE gonna make as main lead. We will see ^^Anyway, I love all Jeon Woo Chi casts, Im so pleased to see all supporting actors lists and of course Lee Hui Jun after Unexpectedly You drama :x can't wait to see the 1st teaser soon

Jeong Soo-yeong to shine light on "Jeon Woochi - Drama"fullsizephoto259608.jpg

fullsizephoto259608.jpg

Actress Jeong Soo-yeong is to join new KBS 2TV drama "Jeon Woochi - Drama".

Jeong Soo-yeong is going to take on the role of Eul-ee, the mastermind and crazy fan of Cha Tae-hyeon in "Jeon Woochi - Drama" coming this November.

Jeong Soo-yeong said, "I was worried it was going to be a comical character but the director said there were many kinds of masterminds and said lets find something only Jeong Soo-yeong can do. He gave me encouragement and I decided to join the drama right away".

She continued, "After I made my decision, I heard there were many of my seniors in the drama. I am honored to be able to work with them".

Expectations for the drama "Jeon Woochi - Drama" rises as the cast is currently made up of Cha Tae-hyeon, UEE, Lee Hee-joon, Baek Jin-hee and now even Jeong Soo-yeong.

Green Snake Media claims, "We know Jeong Soo-yeong will release 100% of what she's got with passion".

Meanwhile, "Jeon Woochi - Drama" is a fusion hero movie based on the ancient legend of Jeon Woo Chi about this character who dreams of revenge after Hong Gil-dong, someone he looked up to as a father and his lover. He's not interested in being a hero but he gets rid of evil as he makes his way towards his revenge. To be aired in November after "Nice Guy".

Source : news.maxmovie.com/mov... ( English )

Read more at http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-soo-yeong-to-shine-light-on-jeon-woochi--drama--48458.html#o7Z4XdbAwXPId9sh.99

ohh....i found this article http://www.tvreport.co.kr/cindex.php?c=news&m=newsview&idx=270208
they said that lee byung joon also casted in this drama too.. he will play as fortune teller/fake doza.
before they got kim gab so, and now lee byung joon...
File:Lee_Byung_Joon_%281964%29.jpgfullsizephoto259792.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun, After School’s Uee, Juyeon and Others Hold First Script Reading for ‘Woochi’

75464454.jpgUpcoming drama, Woochi is in full pre-production mode and has already completed its first script reading.

On October 3, some 30 cast members of the upcoming historic drama, Woochi, gathered at the KBS Hall in Yeoido to hold their first script reading.

The actors familiarized themselves with each other and held their first rehearsal over the course of four hours. Starring Cha Tae Hyun, Uee, Baek Jin Hee, Hong Jong Hyun and more, the atmosphere was said to be positive and light showing the great chemistry between the actors even before production had begun.

A production member shared, “Though it was the first gathering, the chemistry was beyond our expectations. We will create a new ‘Jeon Woochi’ myth with these passionate actors.”

The premiere episode of Woochi will take place after the conclusion of Nice Guy.

Photo Credit: Green Snake Media

Credit : CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho
Cha Tae Hyun, After Schoolâs Uee, Juyeo

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="at_ttl ml10" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: auto; outline-color: initial; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; "‘Jeon Woo Chi’ Cha Tae Hyun—Lee Hee Joon—UEE—Baek Jin Hee, Officially Begin Working With Script Reading

By KDramaStars Staff Writer | Oct 19, 2012 08:49 AM EDT

Script reading for 'Jeon Woo Chi'

The wizard Jeon Woo Chi is coming to the small screen.

KBS2 new Wednesday-Thursday drama "Jeon Woo Chi" is based on the novel of the same name. It is about the wizard Jeon Woo Chi from the bizarre country Yool Do Gook (founded by Hong Gil Dong) and how he travels to Joseon to get revenge, but in the process, becomes a hero as he helps the powerless. The main characters are Cha Tae Hyun, After School's UEE, Lee Hee Joon, and Baek Jin Hee. The rest of the cast members are the middle-aged actors with 'crazy good acting' skills: Kim Kap Su, Sung Dong Il, Lee Byung Joon, Kim Byung Se, Lee Jae Young, Kim Rwe Ha, Jang Won Young, Choi Deok Moon, and etc.

On the 3rd, "Jeon Woo Chi" held its first script reading at the KBS Annex in Seoul to prepare for filming. Cha Tae Hyun cheerfully led through the reading as he acted while freely switching between the roles of baddie 'Yi Chi' and good guy 'Jeon Woo Chi'. UEE showed her powerful determination by saying, "I will try my best no matter what." 'Popular Guy' Lee Hee Joon respectfully bowed his head and made his co-stars smile. 30 actors participated in the script reading and heightened the anticipation for the drama with their realistic portrayals of their unique characters.

According to a source from the production company Chorokbaem (Green Snake) Media, "The script reading was their first time working together, but they worked together even better than I thought they would. With the passionate actors, we will create a new 'Legend of Jeon Woo Chi'."

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

i got a feeling that it's looks like jeon woo chi drama will have different story from jeon woo chi movie.. i hope it will be as good as it movie or even more
and right, jeon woo chi will have tight competition with the great seer and missing you.

jeon woo chi, fighting!

Archived