[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another cast, so we have a balance young and mature casts-Taewon Entertainment is no joke doing the casting right now.They really pump lots of $$ for this drama

http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/b2sts-yoon-doo-jun-is-cast-in-iris-2/
class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px; "B2ST’s Yoon Doo Jun cast in Iris 2

October 19, 2012 8:30 pm dkrogers

2012101916181210808_1.jpg

B2ST’s Yoon Doo Jun was recently cast in the TV series Iris 2.

Taewon Entertainment, the production company for TV series and movies, announced on October 19 that Yoon will appear on the series Iris 2.

Yoon will play the role of Seo Hyun Woo, who is very self confident and bright. He is like a vitamin of NSS and an elite agent, who is good at shooting, martial arts, code breaking, and speaking foreign languages. He will also be involved in a love triangle with Jang Hyuk and Lee Da Hae.

Yoon previously appeared on the movie Married to the Mafia 5: The Return of Family as a grandson named Young Min and he proves himself to be a strong actor.

The series Iris 2 is receiving considerable attention by casting Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Lee Beom Soo, Oh Yeon Soo, Kim Young Chul, Kim Seung Woo, and Lim Soo Hyang in. Producers Pyo Min Soo and Kim Tae Hoon will direct the series together. They will start shooting the series in November to air it in the half of 2013.

• Source: Starnews---------------
    AQ, at least we can release a bit of our Wild Imagination, with this new love triangle-well our girl on screen hubby is still very busy protecting the country, so we can be naughty temporary.

@samzz, YAY for wild imagination, LOOL :)) Although I still can't picture LDH and Doo Jun but I will give it a try :)
May be another picture of him or may I say a more normal picture of him helps ? :))
1350644625661.jpg

Also other reports about Doo jun casting:

BEAST Du-jun Jumps to Star-packed Blockbuster "IRIS 2"B2ST Doojoon’s role for ‘IRIS 2? finalized

I'd pick Jang Hyuk in a heartbeat, but that's just me ;-)

This kid is only an '89er; I think it'll be hard to take him and LDH seriously... maybe it'll be one of those imaginary love triangles like a one-sided crush.

I agree with @samzz don't worry my friends, I think idols serve a certain purpose in dramas and some are really talented so if our writer and director use them in the right way, they could be a good addition in the end.
@aemi, we already have here lots of veteran actors too so it is not that bad actually and yes I also think that LDH and Doo Jun relation will be a one sided crush. They both are shooter so may be that is how they interact. Although we already know the OTP and I am all in for them but some spices won't hurt, right? :)

Guest hapha8714

yoon doo is undeniably fugly. FUGLY. i didn't know about this guy until this one.

oh... i hope IRIS 2 goes well. casting more 'unknown' makes me feel uneasy. i gave TOP and siwon a try because they had a decent fanbase, and look fine on screen. and they proved themselves effective in their roles.

can they put kim tae hee in a cameo role, at least? so as to feel the connection between the 1st and this. maybe perhaps, a KTH who've retired from NSS & have resolved into living incognito after her lover's death... something of that sort.

story-wise, they should wrap things up... (including chul young & seonhwa arc) or else it would look so draggy if they'd decide to come up with another (third) installment in the future.

and i hope the actor who played the president is still on this. LOL.
and his female assistant too. that would give me an IRIS/Athena feel, no doubt.

Does this say that the drama will probably air on MBC not KBS ??
http://news.nate.com/view/20121026n03477
■ 한류드라마 '아이리스 2'

이병헌 김태희 주연의 KBS 2TV 드라마 '아이리스' 역시 내년 2월 시즌2로 돌아온다. 현재로선 MBC 편성이 유력하다. 전편의 제작사 태원엔터테인먼트가 제작을 맡았으며 장혁 이다해 이범수 오연수 김승우 김민종 임수향 등이 출연을 확정했다. 전편의 이야기를 이어 백산의 배후에 있던 미스터 블랙의 정체를 밝히는 스토리로 진행될 예정이다. 감각적인 연출로 멜로를 중점적으로 맡아왔던 표민수 PD가 메가폰을 잡았다. 전편보다 많은 연기파 배우들이 등장해 무게감을 더하는 반면 한류 진출을 지나치게 의식한 탓인지 강지영 이준 윤두준 등 연기를 검증 받지 않은 아이돌을 대거 포함했다. 또 아이리스의 속편을 표방했던 SBS 드라마 '아테나 전쟁의 여신'이 정우성 수애 차승원 등 화려한 캐스팅에도 흥행에 미진했던 점은 '아이리스 2'가 풀어야 할 숙제다.

apqaria said: Does this say that the drama will probably air on MBC not KBS ??
http://news.nate.com/view/20121026n03477
■ 한류드라마 '아이리스 2'

이병헌 김태희 주연의 KBS 2TV 드라마 '아이리스' 역시 내년 2월 시즌2로 돌아온다. 현재로선 MBC 편성이 유력하다. 전편의 제작사 태원엔터테인먼트가 제작을 맡았으며 장혁 이다해 이범수 오연수 김승우 김민종 임수향 등이 출연을 확정했다. 전편의 이야기를 이어 백산의 배후에 있던 미스터 블랙의 정체를 밝히는 스토리로 진행될 예정이다. 감각적인 연출로 멜로를 중점적으로 맡아왔던 표민수 PD가 메가폰을 잡았다. 전편보다 많은 연기파 배우들이 등장해 무게감을 더하는 반면 한류 진출을 지나치게 의식한 탓인지 강지영 이준 윤두준 등 연기를 검증 받지 않은 아이돌을 대거 포함했다. 또 아이리스의 속편을 표방했던 SBS 드라마 '아테나 전쟁의 여신'이 정우성 수애 차승원 등 화려한 캐스팅에도 흥행에 미진했던 점은 '아이리스 2'가 풀어야 할 숙제다.

@karenliez unfortunately still no confirmed news about the filming. Some news said they will start filming on November but latwst news mentined December :( i think the lawsuit and not confirming broadcaster and time slot may be the reasons for the delays and I am really worried :(

Archived