[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

Wae?! Why?! I LOVE LEE DA HAE!! And yes, her body, acting, and face will fits as an secret agent.

Come on, this is LeeDaHae we talk about, JangHyuk is the one who recomended Director to choose LDH for his pairing in Chuno, maybe this time he do same thing :P

I love JangHyuk, I love LeeDaHae <3 kekeke 3rd times together, WOW!!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Golden_ochna

karenliez said: Wae?! Why?! I LOVE LEE DA HAE!! And yes, her body, acting, and face will fits as an secret agent.
Come on, this is LeeDaHae we talk about, JangHyuk is the one who recomended Director to choose LDH for his pairing in Chuno, maybe this time he do same thing :p

I love JangHyuk, I love LeeDaHae <3 kekeke 3rd times together, WOW!!!

Gold and Karenliez, thanks you so much for your support-actually I want to be active in here, but seeing all this, makes me uncomfortable.

Actually, there are still hope for whoever wish their fav to be in this drama, LDH only gave verbal confirmation, not a written one, there still a chance to see LMJ, Sung Yuri, HJW, KSY, etc as a lead.

Guest sodamncrazy

samzz said:

Gold and Karenliez, thanks you so much for your support-actually I want to be active in here, but seeing all this, makes me uncomfortable.

Actually, there are still hope for whoever wish their fav to be in this drama, LDH only gave verbal confirmation, not a written one, there still a chance to see LMJ, Sung Yuri, HJW, KSY, etc as a lead.

Guest Fallin_st4rz

Great to see LDH in another project, hope everything goes well for her. Looking forward to it, thanks for all the updates! LDH&JH fighting!!  :x

OOH official thread for the drama already. YAAAY \:D/ Thanks @lyra_brillantez for creating the thread :x
@samzz, Gold, am I the last one to join the gang here :))
@ivryn and @Fallin_st4rz, long time didn't read posts from you. Nice to see you here chinggus :)
@jhylaquino, I love your fan art. Please do more with other drama cast as well :)
And thanks to all in the thread for the updates and inputs. Hope we all enjoy this drama together. I actually sometimes end up loving the discussions about the drama in such threads more than the drama itself :)) but I hope this won't be the case here and we end up enjoying the drama itself and our discussions together as well :x
I really hope Daniel Henney confirms the drama soon. I love to see him in this, who don't want more hotness on the screen :D And as you want KSY to be able to join as well or at least make a long cameo, she is surely will be a great addition with her popular character from the previous season.
I personally didn't see IRIS so I should start now? I think I should at least re-read some of the recaps to refresh my memory and be ready for the story completion.
Here is another translated news with more details about the characters and LJ appearance confirmation:
TAEWON Entertainment drops more detail of the cast in the upcoming drama, “Iris 2”
By Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – 21 hours ago

1447-12403.jpg 1447-12405.jpg

On September 19, the production of upcoming drama, “Iris 2”, TAEWON Entertainment disclosed a list of possible cast in "Iris 2".

TAEWON Entertainment stated, "Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Oh Yeon Soo, Im Soo Hyang are being considered to take part in the drama; and Kim Seung Woo, Kim Young Chul from the original “Iris”; Kim Min Joong, who was starred in “Athena: War of Goddess”, the spin off of “Iris” will also get together to continue on the legend of the “Iris” series.

Kim Young Chul and Kim Seung Woo displayed their superb acting through “Iris” while Kim Seung Woo made a surprised interpretation to the role as Ki Soo in "Athena: Goddess of War".

Jang Hyuk will be playing the role of the team leader of TF-A Team under South Korea’s National Security Service. He will be facing the biggest struggle in his life got involved in the incidence while in charge of dealing with the case of Baek San. He will go from being humane to cold and dispassionate because of the struggle he has to face.

Lee Da Hae will play the role of a medalist pistol shooter, Ji Su Yeon, who later becomes a TF-A Team agent . It is the actress first time taking challenge for an action drama. In the drama, Lee Da Hae’s character is sometimes lousy and off the wall, but she manages to show her abilities in carrying out her missions. Ji Su Yeon plays a very important role in the team of TF-A. Lee Da Hae will be reunited with Jang Hyuk after the hit drama, ‘Chuno‘.

Oh Yeon Soo will be playing the role as Choi Min, the vice secretary of NSS. She is a top agent as well as a very important figure in the team, who is actively trying to reform the NSS team

Actress Im Soo Hyang was highly praised from her previous work such as, “I Do I Do”, who will now be taking the role as the professional killer in “Iris 2”. On the other hand, Daniel Henney will be coming back to Korea on September 20th to finalize the role and schedule for this drama and making his comeback to the small screen for K-Drama.

Also, Kara's Kang Ji Young, BEAST's Yoon Doo Joon, and MBLAQ's Lee Joon are also being considered to participate in this much anticipating upcoming drama.

In addition, “Iris 2” is set to start filming in October and is planning to premiere on the first half of year 2013.

Source: Yahoo

MBLAQ′s Lee Joon Confirmed to Act in ′Iris 2′

2012-09-20 CJ E&M enewsWorld Esther Oh
Lee Joon will (finally) be able to show his serious side, as it’s been confirmed that the MBLAQ member has been cast in KBS′ Iris 2.

72529658.jpg

Lee Joon will be acting with Korea’s top actors, which include Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae and Kim Min Jong. 

The talented idol star has already showcased his acting skills in Ninja AssassinJungle Fish 2, and We Need a Fairy.

A rep at J.Tune Entertainment stated, “Lee Joon decided to be a part of Iris 2. Lee Joon has proved himself as a singer and an entertainer, but he’ll also be transforming into a charismatic actor for Iris 2.”

The drama shooting is expected to start in October, while the drama will air early 2013.

Photo credit: J.Tune Entertainment
="">

apqaria said: OOH official thread for the drama already. YAAAY \:D/ Thanks @lyra_brillantez for creating the thread :x
@samzz, Gold, am I the last one to join the gang here :))
@ivryn and @Fallin_st4rz, long time didn't read posts from you. Nice to see you here chinggus :)
@jhylaquino, I love your fan art. Please do more with other drama cast as well :)
And thanks to all in the thread for the updates and inputs. Hope we all enjoy this drama together. I actually sometimes end up loving the discussions about the drama in such threads more than the drama itself :)) but I hope this won't be the case here and we end up enjoying the drama itself and our discussions together as well :x
I really hope Daniel Henney confirms the drama soon. I love to see him in this, who don't want more hotness on the screen :D And as you want KSY to be able to join as well or at least make a long cameo, she is surely will be a great addition with her popular character from the previous season.
I personally didn't see IRIS so I should start now? I think I should at least re-read some of the recaps to refresh my memory and be ready for the story completion.
Here is another translated news with more details about the characters and LJ appearance confirmation:
TAEWON Entertainment drops more detail of the cast in the upcoming drama, “Iris 2”
By Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – 21 hours ago

On September 19, the production of upcoming drama, “Iris 2”, TAEWON Entertainment disclosed a list of possible cast in "Iris 2".

TAEWON Entertainment stated, "Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Oh Yeon Soo, Im Soo Hyang are being considered to take part in the drama; and Kim Seung Woo, Kim Young Chul from the original “Iris”; Kim Min Joong, who was starred in “Athena: War of Goddess”, the spin off of “Iris” will also get together to continue on the legend of the “Iris” series.

Kim Young Chul and Kim Seung Woo displayed their superb acting through “Iris” while Kim Seung Woo made a surprised interpretation to the role as Ki Soo in "Athena: Goddess of War".

Jang Hyuk will be playing the role of the team leader of TF-A Team under South Korea’s National Security Service. He will be facing the biggest struggle in his life got involved in the incidence while in charge of dealing with the case of Baek San. He will go from being humane to cold and dispassionate because of the struggle he has to face.

Lee Da Hae will play the role of a medalist pistol shooter, Ji Su Yeon, who later becomes a TF-A Team agent . It is the actress first time taking challenge for an action drama. In the drama, Lee Da Hae’s character is sometimes lousy and off the wall, but she manages to show her abilities in carrying out her missions. Ji Su Yeon plays a very important role in the team of TF-A. Lee Da Hae will be reunited with Jang Hyuk after the hit drama, ‘Chuno‘.

Oh Yeon Soo will be playing the role as Choi Min, the vice secretary of NSS. She is a top agent as well as a very important figure in the team, who is actively trying to reform the NSS team

Actress Im Soo Hyang was highly praised from her previous work such as, “I Do I Do”, who will now be taking the role as the professional killer in “Iris 2”. On the other hand, Daniel Henney will be coming back to Korea on September 20th to finalize the role and schedule for this drama and making his comeback to the small screen for K-Drama.

Also, Kara's Kang Ji Young, BEAST's Yoon Doo Joon, and MBLAQ's Lee Joon are also being considered to participate in this much anticipating upcoming drama.

In addition, “Iris 2” is set to start filming in October and is planning to premiere on the first half of year 2013.

Source: Yahoo

MBLAQ′s Lee Joon Confirmed to Act in ′Iris 2′

2012-09-20 CJ E&M enewsWorld Esther Oh
Lee Joon will (finally) be able to show his serious side, as it’s been confirmed that the MBLAQ member has been cast in KBS′ Iris 2.

Lee Joon will be acting with Korea’s top actors, which include Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae and Kim Min Jong. 

The talented idol star has already showcased his acting skills in Ninja AssassinJungle Fish 2, and We Need a Fairy.

A rep at J.Tune Entertainment stated, “Lee Joon decided to be a part of Iris 2. Lee Joon has proved himself as a singer and an entertainer, but he’ll also be transforming into a charismatic actor for Iris 2.”

The drama shooting is expected to start in October, while the drama will air early 2013.

Photo credit: J.Tune Entertainment

="">

Guest Golden_ochna

'풀하우스'표민수, '아테나' 김태훈, '아이리스2' 공동연출 8d9376dfcdf4f04be0bddc4a163c01f3_4939656표민수 PD. 스포츠서울DB
'멜로 대가' 표민수 PD와 '액션 전문' 김태훈 PD가 드라마 '아이리스2'를 통해 만난다.

배우 장혁, 이다해, 김승우, 오연수, 김민종까지 초호화 캐스팅을 공개한 '아이리스2'는 표 PD와 SBS'아테나-전쟁의 여신'의 김PD의 공동연출로 기대감을 한껏 부풀리고 있다.

태원엔터테인먼트 관계자는 23일 "표 PD가 그동안 명품 멜로물을 선보여왔지만, 새로운 도전을 하고싶다는 생각을 오래 해왔다고 하시더라. 우리 역시 드라마의 스케일 뿐만 아니라 작품성으로 승부하고싶어, 표PD에게 연출을 제안했다"고 전했다.

표 PD는 그동안 KBS2'거짓말', '풀하우스', '그들이 사는 세상', MBC'넌 어느 별에서 왔니', '넌 내게 반했어' 등 숱한 드라마에서 감성적인 연출로 인기를 모아왔다.

또한 김 PD는 '아테나'에서 선보인 블록버스터 첩보 액션 연출을 '아이리스2'를 통해 한층 업그레이드된 모습으로 선보인다는 계획이다.

이병헌, 김태희 주연의 2009년 최고의 화제작 '아이리스'의 스핀오프(번외)드라마인 '아이리스2'는 백산(김영철)의 배후에 있던 미스터 블랙의 정체를 밝히는 내용으로 내년 상반기 방송을 예정하고 있다.

박효실기자 gag11@sportsseoul.com source
Pyo Min Soo (in the picture) & Kim Tae Hoon will be directing Iris 2. Pyo Min Soo is the PD of Coffee House, The World That They Live In and my favorite Full House 1 :x. Looking through his profile in Drama wiki, I see he's got no action drama, all are romcoms or melodramas.Perhaps, he'll mix more honey of romance into our hot dish. Not only guns, we'll see more roses :DKim Tae Hoon is also the director of Athena. Da Hae seems to be diligently working out at the gym. Yes, she must be preparing for her new image: a strong & sexy agent.
6c2368d7jw1dx6df64chbj.jpg
ffc4c4e192d20969a06fc4f746733728_4902521

@jhylaquino, sure study is the most important. I can wait :)
Gold, thanks dear for the news and posting LDH exercising pictures here. I find it interesting choice for the director indeed. I read that PD PYS dramas always full of deep emotions and feelings so, I want to see how he will handle this one. Also it is understandable and good that PD KTH to join him to handle the action scenes. 
So, hope they give us a balanced meal between drama and action. Now we need to know who will be the writer :-?
Also here is another translation of the casting news with hints about the idols characters in the drama:
class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Oswald, arial, serif; font-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 30px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; "[iRIS 2] New Powerhouse Cast Revealed!September 19, 2012 | KoreanUpdates | By louise b. 

iris.jpg?w=610

There were reports that the hit drama ‘IRIS’ will have a sequel, and three of the most popular idols today will be part of its main casts. It was said that MBLAQ’s Lee Joon, B2ST’s Doojoon, and KARA’s Jiyoung will take on the role as agents.

Lee Joon will play Kim Ji Hun, a genius hacker while Doojoon will act as the calm but impressive agent, Yoon Shi Hyuk.  Lastly, Kang Jiyoung will be Song Chae Ran in the drama, an honest and reliant agent.

An official from IRIS 2 said, “We have put in a lot of time and effort into casting for ‘IRIS 2′ to live up to the success of ‘IRIS’ with Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Hee as the leads.”

He continued, “In addition to idol stars Kang Jiyoung, Yoon Doojoon, and Lee joon, older actors such as Baek Yoon Shik and Im Ha Ryong are also being considered for roles in the drama. We are expecting for [the production] to exceed the success of its predecessor.”

The drama will start its telecast on the early part of 2013.  Actors like Daniel Henney, Lee Da Hae, and Jang Hyuk were also said to have key roles in the drama. Taewon Entertainment will still be the producer for ‘IRIS 2.’

source: NAVER

written by: louise@koreanupdates.com

@lyra_brillantez: Thanks for creating the thread of Iris 2.

Hope we discuss here all good and postive things about Iris 2 rather then crying and complaining.
Looking forward to this drama although i haven't seen Iris or Athena before so i don't have any complaint here.

Gold good to see u here back and i love ur replies good and genuine reply.

AQ and Gold  Thank U for all the news abt it.No AQ i am the last one too join ;) And samzz I know how u feel lets calm down.
@serenaf95: Thanks for viki channel link already have 250 follower even before the drama started good.

I too hope Daniel Henney gets confirmed.

Anny, great that you are joining us here too dear :)
Here is the translated news about the drama director: class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Director Pyo Min Soo confirmed for ‘Iris 2′23-9-2012 | Allkpop | by MountainMadman
pyo-min-soo.jpg
Celebrity director and producer Pyo Min Soo has been confirmed to helm the sequel to the 2009 blockbuster action drama, Iris 2.

The new drama’s producing company, Taewon Entertainment, expressed their confidence in the director. “‘Iris 2′ will be directed by Pyo Min Soo, who has helmed dramas such as ‘Full House‘ and ‘Lies‘,” they said. “He has confirmed his skill in both artistry and appealing to the general public.”

Viewers are already anticipating what his special touch will bring to the action-packed genre. “With his excellent skill at communicating his thoughts during the shoot, his charismatic direction will bring forth a level of perfection in both the acting and the completion of the drama,” Taewon Entertainment said.“Not only will ‘Iris 2′ have the strong, masculine portrayal of its predecessor, but also emotions to grab the female viewer.”

‘Iris 2′ will begin shooting in October, with a scheduled first broadcast in early 2013.

Source: OSEN via Nate

And LDH Chinese fans already done a great professional fan poster. I LOVE IT :x

Credit: Lidongxu | www.leedaheycn.com 
5428847620120923232228052_zpsf0f538f6.jp

@lyra_brillantez TQ so much for creating this thread, yes, I should go to you first when handling sensitive issue like that, sorry for my ignorance on this.

Anny dear, I'm Ok, I'm still in LA fantasy land, so anything happens on earth, I tried to ignore it,kkkkk

Anyway we LDH's fans will try to make this thread informative and fun, and let's enjoy on everything the casts and production team of IRIS 2 will give to us later.

here is more information on the 2 directors-credit to owner of thedramagodshateus's blog and for her insightful finding.

http://thedramagodshateus.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/iris-2-directors-confirmed/

“Iris 2″ Directors Confirmed

By iworryaboutmetoo 09/23/2012 Iris 2

Archived