Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

• 2 weeks later...

“Grand Prince” Stars To Give Out Free Hugs After Finale Ratings Hit All-Time HighYoon-Shi-Yoon-Jin-Se-Yeon-Joo-Sang-Wook-

After the finale of “Grand Prince” achieved the drama’s highest viewership ratings yet, Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, and Joo Sang Wook have announced that they will be giving out free hugs!

See Also: Yoon Shi Yoon May Star As Identical Twins In New SBS Drama

On May 6, the TV Chosun drama ended with a triumphant bang. The finale of “Grand Prince” scored average viewership ratings of 5.627 percent, breaking its own record for highest ratings. The three stars of the show had previously promised to give out free hugs if the drama’s ratings managed to break 5 percent.

Accordingly, on May 8, a representative for “Grand Prince” announced that Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, and Joo Sang Wook would be holding a special event to fulfill their ratings promise. At 7 p.m. KST on May 9, the three actors will be giving out free hugs next to the Gwanghwamun subway station in Seoul.

Are you sad to see “Grand Prince” come to an end? Leave your thoughts below!

If you haven’t seen it already, you can check out the first episode of “Grand Prince” here:https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/07/grand-prince-stars-give-free-hugs-ratings-hit-time-high/

• Like 3

The Top K-Drama Stars Loved By International Fans In April 2018park-seo-joon-park-shin-hye-jin-se-yeon-

For the month of April, there are some new fan-favorite stars on “Viki Top Celeb,” a monthly list of top celebrities followed and visited by K-drama viewers on the Rakuten Viki site.

See Also: "Grand Prince" Stars To Give Out Free Hugs After Finale Ratings Hit All-Time High

Jin Se Yeon has made her first appearance on the list this month, with her popularity growing due to her performance in the historical drama “Grand Prince.”

Park Seo Joon has also debuted on the list, rising in the ranks as his fanbase increases after his appearance on “Youn’s Kitchen 2.” While you wait for his next work, you can rewatch him in the 2017 sensation “Fight My Way.”

The Rising Star for April is Kim Min Kyu, who’s made a name for himself with his performances in dramas such as the currently-airing “The Rich Son” and the 2018 hit “Just Between Lovers.”

Explore more on viki.com/celebrities, and watch the full Viki Top Celeb video below!

You can bring your favorite star to the top by visiting viki.com (or downloading the app) and going to their page and following and/or commenting! https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/08/top-k-drama-stars-loved-international-fans-april-2018/

• Like 3

Daegoon' becomes TV Chosun's highest rated drama, cast and staff to go on reward vacationyoon-si-yoon-jin-se-yeon.jpgThe cast and staff of 'Daegoon' will be going on a reward vacation.

The drama recorded the highest ratings that broadcasting station TV Chosun has ever seen, at 5.6%. The drama started on March 3, and reached its highest ratings at its end on May 6. As a reward, the cast and staff will be heading to Vietnam's Da Nang on for 5 days, beginning on May 23. 

Spoiler

• Like 5

On 09/05/2018 at 6:42 AM, 1451 said:

Daegoon' becomes TV Chosun's highest rated drama, cast and staff to go on reward vacation

Thanks @1451 for keeping the thread updated with pictures.  I am so happy for JSY and the Grand Prince team getting a reward vacation. They really deserve it! I hope JSY and some of the other cast and crew post pictures from the reward vacation.

I hope we get SeYeon's interview for Grand Prince soon.  There are some lovely pictures from earlier this week but still no interview:dissapointed_relieved:

I love her new hairstyle with her thick fringe (or bangs as you guys call them :tongue:) she debuted at the free hugs event.  I always love Seyeon with hair in this hairstyle.  It perfectly frames her face and makes her look even younger and prettier :heart:

• Like 3

Now that Jin Se Yeon has finished filming a Joseo-era historical drama, I wish she could do a Goryeo-era one next. Hehe... The hairstyles and hanbok costumes during the Goryeo era (and the eras before that) are more varied than the Joseon era.

I'D KILL TO SEE JIN SE YEON IN MORE BEAUTIFUL TRADITIONAL HAIRSTYLES AND COSTUMES, OK???

'cause she looks really feminine and beautiful in it. She's got this classic, elegant, and mysterious beauty about her that's charming and endearing. Then she can also have 4- 5 male leads like IU in "Scarlet Heart Ryu," minus the tragic ending, of course. LOL.

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures from behind the scenes.  She looks gorgeous in hanbok especially with the married hairstyle.  I can see why she was so excited for the wardrobe after her clothes in The Flower in Prison.

On 12/05/2018 at 8:51 AM, djappleblush said:

Now that Jin Se Yeon has finished filming a Joseo-era historical drama, I wish she could do a Goryeo-era one next. Hehe... The hairstyles and hanbok costumes during the Goryeo era (and the eras before that) are more varied than the Joseon era.

I'D KILL TO SEE JIN SE YEON IN MORE BEAUTIFUL TRADITIONAL HAIRSTYLES AND COSTUMES, OK???

'cause she looks really feminine and beautiful in it. She's got this classic, elegant, and mysterious beauty about her that's charming and endearing. Then she can also have 4- 5 male leads like IU in "Scarlet Heart Ryu," minus the tragic ending, of course. LOL.

I so agree! Goryeo is my favourite Korean time period aesthetically.  The clothes and hair are gorgeous and women had a much better position socially and economically in that period so usually the roles in dramas are a lot more interesting. Although JaHyun in Grand Prince was actually a very strong and proactive heroine for Joseon era.

I also really want to see her in a light romantic comedy.  We got to see a bit of that in Grand Prince before the angst and sadness.  I know in some of her interviews JSY has said she would love to play to in a light, sweet romcom too. I think it would really suit her personality!:heart:

• Like 3

There were lots of gorgeous new pics released alongside JSY's post-drama interviews. Thanks to the amazing lighthoney1610 for translating so many tidbits:

Beautiful and I'm happy this another successful project for her and she enjoyed working with her co-stars so much.:heart:

Sadly it looks like Se Yeon might disappear on us again now she's finished filming as she said still has two more university semesters to complete and we know how important her education is to her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Credit to lighthoney1610 on Instagram

I definitely think YSY is her best partner she has worked with. They make a memorable couple and she learned a lot from him and he gave her a lot of encouragement and support. From the interviews and behind the scenes they got along very well and that definitely transmitted to their onscreen chemistry :wub:

Don't want to spam the thread so I will post some more later

• Like 3

OMG!

Jin Se Yeon just said in one of her interviews that she wanted to play a one-sided love. Wow! What a coincidence. That's what I want, too. LOL. She can be the second female lead - and then she can have that second-lead syndrome. He-he.

Here's that interview I'm talking about, c/o lighthoney1610:

• Like 3