Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Hi guys, have u watched grand prince ep 1 and 2? Is it good? Im extremely worried abt jsy’s performance there or whether her character is likeable or not. And im sad that there is two people alr on grandprince forum stated that they are not really fond with her character and they are okay if her character died at at the end and they said they are more into the rivalry instead of loveline :bawling: Im not sure on what basis they said that, either based on her acting or maybe her character there. Ive not watching it yet. I hope someone here can give me an insight or review abt jsy’s performance there first.

• Like 3

On 04/03/2018 at 9:51 PM, galaxy97 said:

Hi guys, have u watched grand prince ep 1 and 2? Is it good? Im extremely worried abt jsy’s performance there or whether her character is likeable or not. And im sad that there is two people alr on grandprince forum stated that they are not really fond with her character and they are okay if her character died at at the end and they said they are more into the rivalry instead of loveline :bawling: Im not sure on what basis they said that, either based on her acting or maybe her character there. Ive not watching it yet. I hope someone here can give me an insight or review abt jsy’s performance there first.

Grand Prince is very good so far. I've already responded in the drama thread but don't worry about those distasteful, comments. but JSY  hasn't had much screen time yet.  Only a few minutes in Ep 1 but lots more scenes in Ep 2 but she is doing a great job. 

I don't want to spoil too much for you as you haven't watched yet but her character, Ja Hyung, is very bright, determined and likeable girl and a serious, heartbroken woman in the present. There's nothing at all to criticise about JSY's performance thus far.  She's doing a great job playing Ja Hyun and nearly all the comments I've seen from non-biased watchers have been positive :blush:

Sadly some people are prejudiced against her and haven't even given her a chance before they say mean things.  My advice to you is to also always look at the previous posting of posters.  You will see those particular comments are from fangirls of the actors and they had written her off before they even saw her performance.  JSY could give a Oscar/ Baeksang award winning performance and they would think it wasn't good enough.  I've seen the nastiness many actresses have to put up with from fans who think they are not worthy to act with their ~oppas~.  The same thing happened with my girl Kim Yoo Jung with some fans of a certain popular young actor bashing her left and right even though she is one of the best actresses of her generation.

Anyway don't pay any attention to unpleasant comments like that. Watch the drama and keep supporting Jin Se Yeon!!! :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(LONG POST AHEAD. MY APOLOGY)

i'm so far enjoying this drama, Grand Prince. i honestly don't watch lots of kdramas. Only Jo In-Sung gets my interest. But due to boredom, decided to watch asian dramas with my mom. bonding moment. these types of dramas fit her perfectly since she's conservative, she won't enjoy my fave western series. :lol: though my mom also doesn't like watching stuffs so much, so it's really hard to convince her to sit and watch with me. 

anyway, we watched doctor stranger and we both actually enjoyed it. her eyes were glued to the screen 'till the end, which is rare. usually, she gets impatient really fast when she doesn't like something, and would rather play with her phone. It was my first Lee Joong Suk and Jin Se-Yeon drama. LJS is a very charismatic and intense actor I must say. Makes me want to watch his other stuff. I also disagree to people saying they don't have chemistry. it's just that after ep 10, they weren't really given any sweet moments together. But oh well, to each his/her own so i respect opinions. Admittedly, I replayed their passionate kiss many times. :lol:their bts though looked awkward...but it's cute. 

For some reason, there's something about Jin Se-Yeon that I also really liked. Dunno what it was exactly. First, i really like her face, not the typical korean face i usually see (or maybe that's just because i haven't seen much kdramas, but seen lots of photos via posts of friends on fb and twitter.). the last korean actress I found really pretty was Han Chae-Young. Anyway, for some reason JSY could pass as Japanese to me. Also, i think there's a unique quality in her voice that's very appealing to my ears. Or maybe that's just me being weird. I'm a girl by the way. :lol: Bottom line, I really ended up liking Jin Se-Yeon after watching Dr. Stranger. So I was sad when I scrolled the comment section and read some people hating on her, calling her a bad actress. I do think she needs improvement, but i don't think she's as nearly as bad as others say. Out of curiosity, I checked out her other works. I think she did a pretty good job in Operation Chromite though her screen time was small. And then I tried Grand Prince. I'm enjoying the story, and I hope it does well. I'm rooting for this girl. She seemed so nice and sweet in her interviews. Again, i'm not into overly sweet nice celebs 'cause sometimes it feels so fake. I'm into those who aren't afraid to get b**tchy. But this uberly sweet girl didn't irritate me at all. I just didn't feel any fakeness i guess. And i'm really weirdly triggered by those negative comments since I like underdogs. Good luck to her. Keep working hard, keep improving. Hope she keeps rising. :):heart: 

And when she won an award for FIP, she almost cried onstage. huhu. I wanted to cry with her. Keep going, girl. :heart:

Is she dating some btw? haha! This is my very first time posting about a korean actress so I must really like this girl. haha.

And is Grand Prince doing well in Korea? I've read the network is really not that big, but it hope it does well. The main lead is an intense actor as well. his eyes are so expressive. :) 

Edited by rurukenshin
  • Like 5

I love this scene so much ,im so glad people are warming up to her character now,

And i keep watching the bts of her and yoon shi yoon,this poor shippers heart of mine cant help but ship them

As far as i know seyeon isnt dating anyone,i think i read somewhere she said she never dated before due to her busy schedule,i hope it can change now lmfaoo her and yoon shi yoon are tooo cute

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/03/2018 at 10:20 AM, rurukenshin said:

(LONG POST AHEAD. MY APOLOGY)

i'm so far enjoying this drama, Grand Prince. i honestly don't watch lots of kdramas. Only Jo In-Sung gets my interest. But due to boredom, decided to watch asian dramas with my mom. bonding moment. these types of dramas fit her perfectly since she's conservative, she won't enjoy my fave western series. :lol: though my mom also doesn't like watching stuffs so much, so it's really hard to convince her to sit and watch with me. 

anyway, we watched doctor stranger and we both actually enjoyed it. her eyes were glued to the screen 'till the end, which is rare. usually, she gets impatient really fast when she doesn't like something, and would rather play with her phone. It was my first Lee Joong Suk and Jin Se-Yeon drama. LJS is a very charismatic and intense actor I must say. Makes me want to watch his other stuff. I also disagree to people saying they don't have chemistry. it's just that after ep 10, they weren't really given any sweet moments together. But oh well, to each his/her own so i respect opinions. Admittedly, I replayed their passionate kiss many times. :lol:their bts though looked awkward...but it's cute. 

For some reason, there's something about Jin Se-Yeon that I also really liked. Dunno what it was exactly. First, i really like her face, not the typical korean face i usually see (or maybe that's just because i haven't seen much kdramas, but seen lots of photos via posts of friends on fb and twitter.). the last korean actress I found really pretty was Han Chae-Young. Anyway, for some reason JSY could pass as Japanese to me. Also, i think there's a unique quality in her voice that's very appealing to my ears. Or maybe that's just me being weird. I'm a girl by the way. :lol: Bottom line, I really ended up liking Jin Se-Yeon after watching Dr. Stranger. So I was sad when I scrolled the comment section and read some people hating on her, calling her a bad actress. I do think she needs improvement, but i don't think she's as nearly as bad as others say. Out of curiosity, I checked out her other works. I think she did a pretty good job in Operation Chromite though her screen time was small. And then I tried Grand Prince. I'm enjoying the story, and I hope it does well. I'm rooting for this girl. She seemed so nice and sweet in her interviews. Again, i'm not into overly sweet nice celebs 'cause sometimes it feels so fake. I'm into those who aren't afraid to get b**tchy. But this uberly sweet girl didn't irritate me at all. I just didn't feel any fakeness i guess. And i'm really weirdly triggered by those negative comments since I like underdogs. Good luck to her. Keep working hard, keep improving. Hope she keeps rising. :):heart: 

And when she won an award for FIP, she almost cried onstage. huhu. I wanted to cry with her. Keep going, girl. :heart:

Is she dating some btw? haha! This is my very first time posting about a korean actress so I must really like this girl. haha.

And is Grand Prince doing well in Korea? I've read the network is really not that big, but it hope it does well. The main lead is an intense actor as well. his eyes are so expressive. :) 

Thank you so much for posting :heart:

I could have written this post because this is EXACTLY how I feel right down to your comment about the tome of her voice and rooting for the underdog!  I'm a girl too and the only other Korean actress I support this much is Kim Yoo Jung.  I only noticed Jin Se Yeon  a couple of years ago but there is just something about her I really like and makes me root for her. I totally agree that she comes across as genuinely sweet unlike some fake nice celebrities and she seems genuinely grateful and hardworking and you can see her improving bit by bit all the time.  Like you, I just want to see her keep rising, doing well and prove all the naysayers wrong.  I was so proud of her getting the award for Flower in Prison - you could see it meant so much to her after all the criticisms and hate she has received!:)

I think she is a capable actress and she has had some poor performances but I blame that as much on some of the roles which I think she was miscast for and her lack of experience.  She may not be the very best actress around but I do feel like comments about her are unnecessarily harsh and frequently rooted in misogyny especially considering she is so lowkey.  It's not like she is everywhere, constantly promoted getting role after role. There are worse actors in the industry who get so much more promotion, publicity and  high profile roles who don't get half as much hate as Se Yeon. She belongs to a small agency and takes the roles she can get. I feel like if she had had more age appropriate roles earlier on that reflected her sweet, cheerful personality more she wouldn't have received so much hate.

From a superficial perspective, I agree she has a unique beauty and I also love her clothes.  Korean actress style is pretty abysmal but she's one of the few actresses who is is very well-styled and I always look forward to her outfits.

Grand Prince is on a small network but I'm hoping it does well and more people watch.  It is a very good drama and I think this is Jin Se Yeon's best performance and character to date and she is shining in the role :heart:

• Like 3