Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

4 hours ago, djappleblush said:

Lookie here!!!!

She's got another thing going. :D 

Thanks for posting! Her styling is always sooo good!!! Makes me want to see her in a modern drama even more!

If Google translate of the caption is correct she is having Japanese media interviews. I assume it's for The Flower in Prison which is going to air on NHK.

• Like 3

There are soooo many lovely pictures and interviews this week post-Grand Prince I don't know where to start! I can't understand Korean so I used Google Translate to read them and they mostly make sense :lol: Even if I can't understand the interview her beauty, hair and clothes are eyecandy.  Her stylist and beauty team doing a great job as usual!

In this StarDaily interview (http://m.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=203621)  we finally find out the name of her cute new puppy she posted on her IG last year. He is a Pomeranian and his name is Leo :heart: (more cute pics in the spoiler bar)

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I am using Google Translate so there may be inaccuracies. Feel free to correct me!

• Like 4

Interesting tidbits from the StarDaily interview.  I really liked this interview because the interviewer asked her more interesting questions than usual and she was more open than she usually is.  I think the interviewer broke the ice with the dog question as JSY obviously loves talking about her doggy :D and that made her more comfortable :heart:  

http://m.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=203621

- since Grand Prince ended she's been catching up on her sleep; walking her dog by the Han river; watched Black Panther and Avengers Infinity War

the interviewer notices how happy she is talking about her puppy and asks her to introduce him :lol:

- she introduces Leo the Pomeranian. (She clearly adores her doggy haha!) ^_^

- the interviewer says she has a mature image compared to her actual age. JSY agrees but she would also like the audience to see her play different types of characters.

- she was lucky to have so many talented and handsome leading men as she knows there are other actresses who are more beautiful or more talented than her (humble girl)

- she likes travelling but hasn't done as much travelling as she would like and will try to travel more in the future.  She usually travels with her family.

- the place she most wants to visit is Hawaii because everyone who goes to Hawaii says it is amazing

- she hasn't made plans for the trip to DaNang yet but she's excited to go with the other actors to play with with them and to have a redt

- she cannot drink and does not like drinking much.  She does like the atmosphere of talking and enjoying at restaurants.  Sometimes she finds it difficult when she goes out with people who like alcohol and are always trying to make you drink when you just want to eat.  Fortunately, there were no people like that in GP and it was pleasant to spend time with them because no one is pressuring her to drink. (as a non-drinker I totally understand how she feels!)

- she usually goes to restaurants, movies and theatre with her family.

- all her close friends are regular people. She does not have any close showbusiness friends because she usually has a big age difference with the actors she is working with.  Grand Prince is the first time she is working with lots of people of a similar age and she hopes and she hopes she can maintain the relationship with them in the future :).

- the interviewer said he rarely sees her in entertainment programmes.  Is she avoiding them?  JSY said she was last on JTBC's Knowing Brothers but she finds these shows hard. She wants to do well on them but there are so many cameras, she is not a witty person and she is shy/nervous/timid which makes it difficult (Poor JSY! She really doesn't like variety shows :( I think she should be more confident in herself because she did a great job on Knowing Brothers).

- she wants to develop herself and read more but she gets lazy. she asked her oppa (Google Translate for the name doesn't make sense so I don't know who it is) to recommend books all the time.  This time she will challenge herself to read the recommended books and succeed! (Fighting Se Yeon!)

Disclaimer: I am using Google Translate so there may be inaccuracies. Feel free to correct me! There were some parts that made no sense in Google Translate so I've left them out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ronayJ said:

Our girl got offered a new drama called"so i married an anti fan" http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=014&aid=0004024869

She should reject. Nothing about this project sounds good! It doesn't even have a confirmed channel.  JSY said she was going to focus on university this year and I think it would take a drama with a strong leading man, great writer and/or director to pause her studies again and this drama doesn't have any of that. Her agency only said it's just one of the projects she has been offered, not confirmed and I'm pretty sure she's getting better offers especially after the success of Grand Prince.

OT: @ronayJ:  I used to always see you posting here and on the Grand Prince thread but haven't seen you in a while. So nice to see you posting on the thread again  :blush:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ronayJ said:

I think both actors are going to reject it honestly,and ive been so busy with exams and work lately but now im back :D

So do I.  It sounds like marketing from the production company to get attention.

It's nice to see you posting as well.  Hope your exams went well :)  I was too shy to post before so I used to lurk and now I'm brave enough to post hardly anyone else does :lol:  Thank you to all the other posters on the thread especially @1451 for her diligent picture posting when the rest of us were preoccupied on the GP thread ^_^

ETA: JaeJoong said he's never even seen the script lmao! Definitely noise marketing from the production company.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hi all. I've been search to the production house IG, they don't yet posting anything abt the cast. Actually Godinmedia was expert while it come to roncom. I watch few of they drama (Noble my love, Something abt 1%, My Secret Romance) and most really heavy and the plot are weak but really entertaint us whos love roncom. But I hope JSY didnt take it. Even this is roncom (I wanting her in roncom) but sorry I didnt feel its right. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, pandavin said:

Hi all. I've been search to the production house IG, they don't yet posting anything abt the cast. Actually Godinmedia was expert while it come to roncom. I watch few of they drama (Noble my love, Something abt 1%, My Secret Romance) and most really heavy and the plot are weak but really entertaint us whos love roncom. But I hope JSY didnt take it. Even this is roncom (I wanting her in roncom) but sorry I didnt feel its right. 

@pandavinThanks for looking into the production company. I watched that 1% remake too! So it seems they usually produce web dramas which they sometimes sell to TV.

I feel the same as you. We know JSY wants a rom-com and fans want to see her in a rom-com too but in a reliable and great quality production. This one isn't it.

• Like 5

Nice new article on Soompi 

Jin Se Yeon recently sat down for an interview, where she shared her thoughts on “Grand Prince” and her acting career.

The actress began by talking about her concluded drama “Grand Prince.” She commented, “It was great that we ended with good responses until the end. It was bittersweet, and like any other work, I was regretful as I thought, ‘I should have worked harder.'”

On the drama’s high ratings, Jin Se Yeon shared, “I thought I would be happy if the viewership ratings went over 2 percent, and I thought it would be great if it went over 3 percent. So it’s so amazing that it ended at 5 percent. The director contacted me and told me, ‘The viewership ratings are unbelievable.'” The actress also mentioned that it was her first time carrying out a ratings promise and going on a reward vacation.

Jin Se Yeon also talked about why she chose her role and the drama. Her character, Seong Ja Hyeon, is a bright and fiery woman who faces all sorts of hardship after falling in love with prince Lee Hwi. She explained, “First of all, the script was so much fun. I saw the scripts for around episode 2 and 3, and I was anticipating the next one. I think I fell into reading it like I would a novel. Also, Ja Hyeon was expressed as an incredible woman, who is hard to find not only in historical works but also in modern pieces. I really liked that.”

When asked what the most difficult moment was while portraying Seong Ja Hyeon, Jin Se Yeon answered, “At first, Ja Hyeon was a bright and smiling character. But since it’s a historical piece, her emotions grew deeper as the drama went on. I think it’s inevitable because they can’t contact each other after parting ways. I haven’t portrayed deep feelings of love before, so it was difficult.” She also added that her fans want her to do bright romantic comedies, and that one of the reasons she chose “Grand Prince” was because she heard that Ja Hyeon would remain bright in the face of hardship and darkness.

She compared the role of Seong Ja Hyeon to her previous other roles, saying, “When I filmed ‘The Flower in Prison,’ I filmed action scenes and scenes where I did what I had to do. But with Ja Hyeon, she was in love from the beginning until the end. It was hard to portray that. I especially thought a lot about how to express her feelings when Hwi died the second time.” Jin Se Yeon also explained that she had prepared for the role for a long time, so she was relieved when viewers enjoyed seeing a different side of her.

Jin Se Yeon explained that she had always felt her growth as an actress not during her current drama but in the work that followed, and that she experienced the growth from “The Flower in Prison” through “Grand Prince.” She revealed her philosophy on acting, saying, “When I’m working, I think, ‘I’m going to do my best,’ but when I look back, I feel like I haven’t and have regrets. I want to be an actress that works hard until the end and doesn’t lose the mindset of ‘I’ve done my best.'”

The actress also mentioned that she has never been in a relationship. She commented, “As I watched Ja Hyeon and Hwi, I was envious and also thought it was amazing. I was envious of the love that Hwi was receiving and the love that Ja Hyeon was giving. They believed in each other that much. I thought Ja Hyeon was really amazing. I also want to experience a love where there’s that much trust.”

However, she pointed out that as of now, work was her priority over dating and relationships. Jin Se Yeon laughed and commented, “Since I’ve only worked so far, I feel like I have to work more. When I work, I don’t have any other thoughts other than what I’m working on, which is why I think I have no relationship experience. I’ve had crushes and gone on dates. But I’ve always felt like work was more important.” She continued, “I’m also the type of person who thinks about the end of a relationship first. I think it doesn’t work out because I think, ‘What happens if we break up?'”

She also showed her positive attitude towards criticisms of her acting. She explained, “I shouldn’t read comments at all, but I end up looking at them anyways. However, there are a lot of people who supported Ja Hyeon and I think people understood and empathized with this character the most out of the characters I’ve done. So I was able to enjoy filming.”

Makes me sad that she reads the hate comments.  She's so critical of herself and had to deal with so much criticism  :bawling:.  I'm happy for her that the Grand Prince experience and playing Ja Hyeon was such a good one.  She's my favourite character JSY has played and it's wonderful it helped her gain many new fans and another success on her filmography :grin:.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/21/jin-se-yeon-shares-thoughts-acting-career-looking-back-grand-prince/

20 hours ago, ronayJ said:

One actor id love to see her with again is ji Chang wook!

But he won't be out of military service for a long time and I want her to make a drama before that hahaha :lol:

Speaking of actors she's worked with before.  I really liked her chemistry with the Seo Ha-Joon who played the King in The Flower in Prison. So much better than the complete absence of chemistry between her and Go Soo:rolleyes:. I shipped their characters so much until we found out they were related lol! He was so handsome and there was a lot of buzz about him. I think he had a lot of potential to be successful but, sadly, his scandal seems to have stalled his career for now.

• Like 4

I'm hoping we'll get some new pics today and/or next few days as the Grand Prince team are scheduled to go on their reward vacation from 23rd May.:)

Also sharing some more nice post-Grand Prince interview excerpts kindly translated by @lighthoney1610 on Instagram.

This first is actually from an interview with Yoon Shi Yoon where he mentioned how kind our girl is. Of course fans know her kind personality she is but it's nice to hear from someone near her:

It's nice getting so many interviews after so long! Reading her post-Grand Prince interview this was a great project for her as she seems so happy and grateful.  It's lovely seeing the bond and support from her co-stars too.

• Like 3

Hello, everyone!

It's me! LOL. I'm sorry I'm not posting here as often as I should. It's really hard when you're living a hectic life and there's not enough time to fangirl, LOL.

Anyway..... I'm sad that Se Yeon was unable to join the trip in Danang. No, Scratch that. I'm not sad - I am super disappointed. Like, why????? Why isn't she able to join? Who went, by the way? Do you guys have any idea? 'cause I was really looking forward to the idea that she'll be vacationing with Yoon Shi Yoon and the rest of the cast (but specially with Shi Yoon, of course, LOL). Is she too busy with university now or something???? I NEED TO KNOW, OK?????

• Like 2

By the way, my loves, in case you're looking for the link of all of Jin Se Yeon's post-Grand Prince photoshoot photos, here's the link:

I wanna post the photos here but my internet connection is acting up like a little hoe, so I'm posting the link instead.

You're welcome!!!!! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, djappleblush said:

Hello, everyone!

It's me! LOL. I'm sorry I'm not posting here as often as I should. It's really hard when you're living a hectic life and there's not enough time to fangirl, LOL.

Anyway..... I'm sad that Se Yeon was unable to join the trip in Danang. No, Scratch that. I'm not sad - I am super disappointed. Like, why????? Why isn't she able to join? Who went, by the way? Do you guys have any idea? 'cause I was really looking forward to the idea that she'll be vacationing with Yoon Shi Yoon and the rest of the cast (but specially with Shi Yoon, of course, LOL). Is she too busy with university now or something???? I NEED TO KNOW, OK?????

Happy to see you post @djappleblush I always love your fangirling! :D

Thanks so much for the links to the beautiful post-interview pics.

According to her post-GP interview JSY is going but not on the first day as she has a schedule. No idea what day she is attending or what the schedule is as her agency rarely update <_<

According to YSY's fans because of his busy schedule and 2 Days & 1 Night filming unfortunately he can only attend later from the 26th May :(

It's sad they can't attend the whole thing after their hard work. I hope they have a lovely time whenever they get to Danang! Hope the whole team enjoy their much deserved reward.

• Like 3

hi everyone! i am back to share goodies. ohmynews just released a new pictorial of SY. i included the FULL pictorial in the spoilers. the actual interview that they released didn't include all the pictures, so i went to their website and found more pictures. mind you, the pictures are in super HD.

credits to: http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002437374

http://ojsfile.ohmynews.com/ORG_IMG_FILE/2018/0516/IE002334051_ORG.jpg (<--- for some reasons, this picture can't load on this page... just click the link then, my stans. =) )

Spoiler

IE002334052_ORG.jpg

IE002334053_ORG.jpg

IE002334054_ORG.jpg

IE002334055_ORG.jpg

IE002334056_ORG.jpg

IE002334057_ORG.jpg

IE002334058_ORG.jpg

IE002334059_ORG.jpg

IE002334061_ORG.jpg

IE002334062_ORG.jpg

IE002334063_ORG.jpg

IE002334064_ORG.jpg

IE002334065_ORG.jpg

• Like 3

On 24/05/2018 at 1:34 AM, djappleblush said:

@raziela, it would be so much better if Jin Se Yeon becomes a surprise guest in 2D1N. :D

That'll surely make the fangirling skyrocket, LOL Imagine it happening. It'll drive the fans crazy!

She even said in one of her interviews even though she finds variety shows scary she would go on 2D1N for YSY oppa if he invited her but I guess now that darn rumour happened the chances of her going on the show are slim to none now:( 

23 hours ago, Micheru said:

hi everyone! i am back to share goodies. ohmynews just released a new pictorial of SY. i included the FULL pictorial in the spoilers. the actual interview that they released didn't include all the pictures, so i went to their website and found more pictures. mind you, the pictures are in super HD.

credits to: http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002437374

http://ojsfile.ohmynews.com/ORG_IMG_FILE/2018/0516/IE002334051_ORG.jpg (<--- for some reasons, this picture can't load on this page... just click the link then, my stans. =) )

Reveal hidden contents

IE002334052_ORG.jpg

IE002334053_ORG.jpg

IE002334054_ORG.jpg

IE002334055_ORG.jpg

IE002334056_ORG.jpg

IE002334057_ORG.jpg

IE002334058_ORG.jpg

IE002334059_ORG.jpg

IE002334061_ORG.jpg

IE002334062_ORG.jpg

IE002334063_ORG.jpg

IE002334064_ORG.jpg

IE002334065_ORG.jpg

Thank you so much @Micheru.  Those pictures are so pretty!  She wore so many different outfits during her post Grand Prince interviews and looked lovely in every single one:wub:!

• Like 4