[MANGA/ANIME] Ao Haru Ride

cutiek028

Chapter 28!!!!
Kikuchi is the most cutest boy ever! That was honestly the cutest confession I've ever read in all my years of reading shoujo manga!!!
But maybe it was too soon? Kou will probably win at the end :( Kou is so idiotic and not cute that I can't stand him being the hero in this story UGGGH!!!
CMAoharaido_Ch28_048_zps2942dc2f.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm I was totally rooting for Kou and Futaba at first, and I really enjoyed the premise. I liked Strobe Edge a lot and the first few chapters gave me the "Strobe Edge" feeling. But then as the story progresses, I realized how much different it was from Strobe Edge, and I'm kind of not rooting for Kou anymore. The moment he turned down Futaba's confession when he obviously liked her, I hated him since then. I kept wondering why the heck he had to reject her for that other girl. Seriously, I saw Kou as a big jerk since then and I wished Kikuchi and Futaba the best now. At least Kikuchi is very honest with his feelings for Futaba. He didn't beat around bushes. But recent chapters are obviously turning things around for Kou. So we`ll see.

I haven't seen the anime yet, but if I find time I will. It's all over #shoujo tag on tumblr. The anime that is.

I'm not gonna read most of these posts because I just began watching the anime yesterday. I'm on episode 3 and I'm really liking Tanaka-sensei. He's so adorable in the way he's interested in his little brother's love life. I think I began to read the manga some time ago then for some reason dropped it. I'm glad that Futaba wasn't one of those girls who were gonna suffer through bullying. I try to avoid those type of mangas.

^Oh wow. Now, it has a live action movie to come out! That's awesome. That guy totally has Kou's hair. HAHAHA. 
Chap 43 is out
And yep, definitely table have turned.Kou broke off with his past issues (yes, including that girl I disliked) that are tying him down to freely like Futaba. I liked how he said, "I made her [the black haired girl] suffer, so I definitely have to make sure I get things across with Futaba." And boy is he ever so persistent with that movie thing. haha
Man, these chapters are uber short!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OH! There are like 7 new posts since I last came by here! I am glad this thread pick up some interest since the anime came out!!!
I have seen 6 episodes of the anime. It has been really weird to see the anime with my "Kou-hate" perspective. He is very cold in the first episodes of the anime of as well, reaffirming my KOU-HATE! But what is weird is seeing our heroine, Futaba, still so smitten for Kou. All I am thinking is....oh boy...what is in store for you....
I loved seeing the three girlies animated, no measure of Kou-hate will make me sad about that.
As for the manga:
I can't believe Kou is being so aggressive in his pursuit, like the whole movie scenario. He has no shame. God. What a prick. lol
And Kukuchi's friend right out called Futaba a *****! That was pretty shocking. What a slap to the face.
I hate the direction the manga is turning...it was inevitable (or so it feels) but still. It looks like she's gonna break his heart during the holiday when he sings a song for her. Damn. We'll see....
Edit:
Oh and cool about the movie! What conclusion are they going to give to the movie I wonder?
And off topic (kind of) but I am really glad they are making shoujo anime based on some really nice shoujo mangas like this one. They also came out with the anime based on the manga Wolf Girl and Black Prince. I really can't believe it! It's great!

^Have you seen the movie trailer? I thought the guys playing Kou and Kikuchi looked eerily alike the boys in the manga! Especially Kikuchi! Oh that hair.
++++
CHAP 45!!!!!!!!!!
OMMMMG. I AM SOOO TORN T_________T 
One moment I was feeling so awful that she really was breaking up with Kikuchi and then another moment I was squealing like crazy cuz Kou and Futaba were meeting up at 7pm at Sankaku Park. OMG. Why why why why are things turning up this way now? All this happened in one chapter! I wish the mangaka gave us the time to take a breather and process what just happened. But nope it just like BAM! 2 major events happening at once. LOL I really feel like we're coming to a close. Is Ao Haru Ride ending soon?

Anyways I really really really feel bad for Kikuchi. He's just sooo nice and it broke my heart even more when he said that not even once did Futaba say she liked him. AWWWWW :( Let's not even forget about the part where he said "I'm fine with talking things out expect breaking up. OH NO. But Futaba was like "Because he is imperfect that I like him" T_____T And just like that I switched back to rooting for Kou. (LOL! Fickle minded! I wouldn't want to be a shoujo character). 
I see where Futaba is coming from though. She tries hard to forget Kou, but really who seriously forgets true love? It's not like Kou left. He's always been there even when she was turned down and all the awful things Kou did to her. He's been always there, so there's just no way she can completely move on. So I understand if it came to a point that Kou fessed up his feelings for her, she automatically gave in. She has strong feelings for Kou all this time and love does this to you, make you do things you never thought you'd be able to do. One word from Kou and she's all tangled up. One word from Kou and all the efforts to forget him is gone in a flash and she's back to getting weak in the knees. But I'm glad she didn't prolong this more with Kikuchi. Once she realized there was no way of ever getting over Kou, I'm glad she decided to break it off with Kikuchi. It's not fair to him. I give her points though for trying.

• 1 month later...

CHAPTER 46 T_____T

cried buckets. seriously. Io Sakisaka loves doing this to us. Put all our emotions in one chapter. I was happy, excited, shocked, worried, scared, relieved, pleased, hyper, satisfied, and thankful all through out Chapter 46. Like darn! That's a whole lot of feels. 

Kou was being uberly cute. He was already on cloud nine as soon as he hung up the phone. He was contemplating whether to go home first or not after work cuz he smelled like pizza. OMG. SERIOUSLY. I was like squealing like crazy. WHY SO CUTE.
My heart literally stopped when he ran into a car accident. I was like OH SHIZZZ! No he won't make the meet up time again and oh no what's gonna happen to him. I seriously thought the chapter ended there. Glad it didn't. phew.
But of course that scared the hell out of Futaba. I liked how she slapped her scarf to Kou's face for scaring her. hahahah. It's great that nothing happened. It's great that she can still slap anything to Kou's face, a proof he is alive. It's only the privilege of the living to physically and emotionally hurt each other. ^^
and ohhh my goodness! not to mention that kiss. T___T so meant to be. Beautiful scene. I can't. T________T

And the meet at  Sankaku Park at 7PM finally happened! OHHHH. Kou giving a bouquet of flowers to Futaba is the cutest, ever. 

I'm so glad this isn't the last chapter! I look forward to see Futaba and Kou go on dates! I liked Strobe Edge so much, but if there was one thing that was a bummer about it was that, Ninako and Ren only had one kiss and one date and these events weren't even part of the series, rather they were included in the extra chapter! So hopefully Io Sakisaka would give us more Kou-Futaba fan service! xDD

• 3 months later...

It's done! xDD
What do you guys think of it? I'd say it's pretty decent. It's very Io Sakisaka style to end a series once OTP is together. Although I kind of wish that I forgot her name, that girl with long black hair and Kou's brother ended somehow together. Cuz doesn't he have feelings for her too? In any case, I look forward for another of Io Sakisaka's cute works! I heard she's working on a new one now.

13infamyss said: It's done! xDD
What do you guys think of it? I'd say it's pretty decent. It's very Io Sakisaka style to end a series once OTP is together. Although I kind of wish that I forgot her name, that girl with long black hair and Kou's brother ended somehow together. Cuz doesn't he have feelings for her too? In any case, I look forward for another of Io Sakisaka's cute works! I heard she's working on a new one now.

^awww It's going to be heartbreaking before Kikuchi's concert. I was at first, and then I switched ships. LOL. Obviously, no matter how much I hated Kou, I still come back to him. :P (Eeeps! hopefully this wasn't much of a spoiler to you since it's pretty obvious who is OTP.)
I have forgotten what Heroine Shikkaku was like. I've seen lots of caps of it on tumblr under #shojo hashtag and I just don't remember any of the scenes posted on there. That must meant I didn't like it that much that it was forgettable. Tonari No Atashi, I liked. That was one of the shoujo series that I rooted for the second guy. I'm glad she stuck with her boyfriend, not that a-hole of a childhood friend. I just repel over guys who don't have a backbone, and the guy childhood friend was. Have you read Hirunaka No Ryuusei? Similiar plot.
Well anyways, hopefully despite all what happened in Ao Haru Ride, hope you`ll still like it! It's pretty alright for me, very typical Io Sakisaka, I guess. If I were to choose between this and Strobe Edge, I'd go for Strobe Edge. At least I didn't get my heart broken for the second guy :P

^awww It's going to be heartbreaking before Kikuchi's concert. I was at first, and then I switched ships. LOL. Obviously, no matter how much I hated Kou, I still come back to him.

:P

(Eeeps! hopefully this wasn't much of a spoiler to you since it's pretty obvious who is OTP.)

I have forgotten what Heroine Shikkaku was like. I've seen lots of caps of it on tumblr under #shojo hashtag and I just don't remember any of the scenes posted on there. That must meant I didn't like it that much that it was forgettable. Tonari No Atashi, I liked. That was one of the shoujo series that I rooted for the second guy. I'm glad she stuck with her boyfriend, not that a-hole of a childhood friend. I just repel over guys who don't have a backbone, and the guy childhood friend was. Have you read Hirunaka No Ryuusei? Similiar plot.

Well anyways, hopefully despite all what happened in Ao Haru Ride, hope you`ll still like it! It's pretty alright for me, very typical Io Sakisaka, I guess. If I were to choose between this and Strobe Edge, I'd go for Strobe Edge. At least I didn't get my heart broken for the second guy :P

Yeah don't worry! I already figured who was the OTP!! Grrrr! (lol just kidding, I don't mind it that much)  :D I'm sure I'll still enjoy it :)

Maaan! I still remember the agony (good agony!) of Strobe Edge and the joy of the ending :x

I looked up Hirunaka No Ryuusei just now and it looks really good! I'm going to definitely check it out :) I love reading completed shoujo manga with 10-20 volumes! I also recently heard about Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu which is being turned into a live action. It's a 12 volume manga and I plan to read it soon as well ^^ I just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (about 10-11 volumes). It's actually labeled as shounen but it has romance (and an anime adaptation).

^I love Aoki Kotomi (mangaka of Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu)! Her first chapters are always interesting to me; get me hooked to her series right away. She writes pretty catchy lines in the first chapters. Her recent work which is I'm so obsessed with, Kanojo Wa Uso O Aishiteru, is my most favourite from her. IMO, she writes pretty deep dark POVs of guys. I like that I get to see the inner struggles of guys, not just girls, in her stories. And thanks for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso recommendation! I will look that one up.

Hopefully for Io Sakisaka's next series, we will get more substance in the story. I can see that she attempted to put more juice in Ao Haru Ride, given that fan support for the 2nd guy was there, when I seriously could not care less about other characters in Strobe Edge but Ren and Ninako. Ao Haru Ride's characters had more developments than Strobe Edge that you can't help but care for them too. And that's why Ao Haru Ride has more fandom than Strobe Edge. So yeah hopefully she improves more, and that her stories would have more depth. Cuz honestly, everything just stops in her story once OTP is together - there's got to be more than that. Other mangaka did it, so why not her too.

^I love Aoki Kotomi (mangaka of 

Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu)

! Her first chapters are always interesting to me; get me hooked to her series right away. She writes pretty catchy lines in the first chapters. Her recent work which is I'm so obsessed with, Kanojo Wa Uso O Aishiteru, is my most favourite from her. IMO, she writes pretty deep dark POVs of guys. I like that I get to see the inner struggles of guys, not just girls, in her stories. And thanks for 

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso recommendation! I will look that one up.

Hopefully for Io Sakisaka's next series, we will get more substance in the story. I can see that she attempted to put more juice in Ao Haru Ride, given that fan support for the 2nd guy was there, when I seriously could not care less about other characters in Strobe Edge but Ren and Ninako. Ao Haru Ride's characters had more developments than Strobe Edge that you can't help but care for them too. And that's why Ao Haru Ride has more fandom than Strobe Edge. So yeah hopefully she improves more, and that her stories would have more depth. Cuz honestly, everything just stops in her story once OTP is together - there's got to be more than that. Other mangaka did it, so why not her too.

Oh! I started watch the live action movie for 

Kanojo Wa Uso O Aishiteru. I was only able to see the first 15 minutes but I can't wait to get a chance to watch the rest.

I'm also highly anticipating Io Sakisaka's new series even though she broke my heart/Kikuchi's heart in Ao Haru Ride. I'm sure she will get better at make very well rounded side characters going forward. After all, I think she make some of the most "lifelike" guy characters I've ever read in manga. Their charms just come off the page. Even in her oneshots!

It's hard for a series to grab my attention once the couple has gotten together. I think its hard write. Oddly enough the series that I still LOVE even though the couple got together a while ago is Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. The mangaka has kept the series fresh by keeping it funny and fleshing out her side characters. And an example of an awesome manga that has flopped ever since the characters got together is Horimiya. I think Kimi ni Todoke is somewhere in the middle.

^I finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso a few days ago when I was supposed to be super tired from working over time! hahaha I'd rather read manga than get more sleep, obviously :P Anwyays OMG. I can't believe I finished the series in two nights T___T I'm crazy. The story was heartbreaking. Very beautiful but really heartbreaking. I'm so torn, I had tears towards the end. T__T I'm afraid 3D Kanojo, the manga I'm currently obsessed right now (one of the many!) will have the same ending cuz the plot is so similar :( Thanks for the recommendation again!
Sorry guys, totally unrelated to Ao Haru Ride, but I had no where to type this out, and I had - needed to say that. :( :( 

• 1 year later...

Crazy enough I never finished this series!

I stopped in the chapter right before

Spoiler

Futaba broke up with Kikuchi. I couldn't STAND the idea of her breaking Kikuchi's heart :(

Here were my main reactions:

Chapter 45 -

Spoiler

Futaba broke up with him right away :( The one thing I dreaded. I thought she would do it at the concert but we didn't even get to that. In a way, I guess that's better for Kikuchi but it does leaves Christmas Eve open perfectly for Futaba and Kou to reconcile *barf* lol just kidding, I'm not THAT angry...

Chapter 46 -

Spoiler

OMG, when this kid got hit by the car or w/e I had to come here to share my feelings!!!! Why did you work late Kou?! Why is this kid always doing STUPID things like that!!! I stopped mid-chapter so I gotta keep on reading...be back with more.

Okay more:

Spoiler

Chapter 46 continued - I'm glad his injuries were minor and the whole thing wasn't dragged on but was it really necessary in the first place?? I must admit the kiss was very cute and my heart squeezed! But I rolled my eyes when he said I few things like How could I ever leave you like that and I've only loved you to Futaba!!!! But w/e...he's trying...I gotta get over my Kou hate. I'm glad she loved the flowers. :)