[Drama 2012] Answer Me 1997 응답하라 1997

leeana21

OMFG SO IT'S OFFICIAL THAT JUNG EUNJI IS FILMING HER CAMEO APPEARANCE. But what about Seo Inguk? I WANT SEO INGUK, TOO! :((
I want them to cameo-ing together in the same scene, in the same episode. :(
I miss their banter, I just want to see Yoonjae and Shiwon again :((
Well, it'll be better if the six of them cameo-ing together, but I try not to get my hopes up. It's OK if it's only the two of them, just give me Yoonjae and Shiwon in the same scene, please. :(
The only thing I can do while waiting this cameo news now is rewatching All For You MV over and over :(

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think of their cameos? They cameo-ing in two episodes (YAY!) and I have to admit, I teared up a bit when those kids appear in the bus one by one with Delispice's Confession as BGM. :( I love and missed them so much. I love how they give us cameos in 1997 and 2013 scenes. Sungjae and his tamagochi, Yoojung and her changing love for boys, Joonhee who looks like angel (cheonsa), Shiwon with her love for H.O.T, and Yoonjae who was number one student but looks like he can't study to strangers. >:D<
And in 2013 scene, we finally can see what happen to the main OTP after Shiwon's birth in March 2013! Yoonjae is with his baby LOL. The two doppelganger fathers finally meet! =)) I teared up a little in 1997 scene, and I laughed in 2013 scene  =)) Yeay for Yoon family! But I dissapointed because they did not reveal who the baby's name is. I wonder if his name is Seungho..... ;)
The last was Hakchan surprised appearance! LOL he was still the same, afraid of girls. The timeline was in May 1997, and we know it means at the time Hakchan was in Seoul, that's why his uniform was different. I could go on and on about about the 1997 cameos, but I guess I will stop here.

Thanks for their appearance, Answer Me crews! >:D<

Finally watched this!! Over a year late hahah I was at first sceptical with watching this drama because I tend to avoid dramas that get a lot of hype like this one did. I'm glad my friend kept insisting that I would love this drama because she was right!! After watching this, I'm bothering other friends to watch it too LOL

The whole jumping back and forth in time format was new to me so I enjoyed that! The pace of the drama was really good too! Wasn't rushed or draggy. I also LOVED the little narrations they had, some of the quotes actually hit me hard.

Not only were the romantic relationships well acted out, the family moments were amazing too! Even though Shiwon's family bickered a lot, the sad moments really hit me. So well done with the acting and script!

Loved the little inside twist with Eun JiWon/Hak Chan LOL. I also jumped with joy when Shinhwa was mentioned for a second in one of the last eps!!! heheheheh waited all drama for it actually!

Didn't even know that the Seo InGook and Jung EunJi were singers originally! So the song that they sang for the OST was a bonus. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awesomemicaela

Hey guys. I know I'm really late but I've just started watching this and I can't seem to find the subtitles for eps 9-10 with perfect timing. Would anyone like to help a poor girl who's dying to continue watching this show? =( 

I loved the cameos but was a little disappointed that SW didn't end up recognising Oppa. How much fun would it have been if they'd had a "turn it up/turn it down" argument" for a THIRD time?! :D

Now that AM1994 is finally over I can officially confirm: Dear Answer Me 1997, your sequel doesn't hold a candle to your awesomeness. You will forever remain in my memory as a drama that showcased writer Lee Woo Jung's amazing talent before she succumbed to money and ratings and started ruining her own work with overstretched conflicts and plot loopholes.

stervamerzkaya0 said: Now that AM1994 is official over I can officially confirm: Dear Answer Me 1997, your sequel doesn't hold a candle to your awesomeness. You will forever remain in my memory as a drama that showcased writer Lee Woo Jung's amazing talent before she succumbed to money and ratings and started ruining her own work with overstretched conflicts and plot loopholes.

stuartjmz said: stervamerzkaya0 said: Now that AM1994 is official over I can officially confirm: Dear Answer Me 1997, your sequel doesn't hold a candle to your awesomeness. You will forever remain in my memory as a drama that showcased writer Lee Woo Jung's amazing talent before she succumbed to money and ratings and started ruining her own work with overstretched conflicts and plot loopholes.

Well, that's the problem about sequels. They rarely hold a candle to the original. :) This drama will always hold a very special place in my heart, too. Remember when all those 2012 hints are the actual hints which was answered in the last episode? We had our doubt when Yoonjae said to Shiwon that she gained weight, but turned out that it's not because they're not meet for a long time, but because Shiwon tied her hair. I also remember they tease us about the owner of the wedding ring in episode 11 (you know, the hand that took ice caramel mocha). And guess what, the reveal of that scene (episode 16) was perfect, that hand is the same hand in episode 11. :D

This is the last scene of the last episode for those of you who miss the awesomeness of this drama ;)

cr:uploader

Guest awesomemicaela

Thank you! Now I have trouble finding the perfect sub for ep 11-12. :( I can't seem to find episode 11 alone so the subtitles for ep 11 are useless! So difficult! I'm dying here. 

Reply 1997 couple reunited last night at the 2013 SBS Drama Awards.

g4ci.jpg

Both of them won the newcomer awards for their respective SBS Dramas, but it could be said for Reply 1997 as well, since TvN don't have year-end award for their dramas :D

34f7.jpg

cr: as tagged

Guest maygraceae

Hello everyone!!

Who knows where to buy Reply 1997 official merchandise especially DVD with eng sub? Kindly post the link here, please?

Kindly delete this post if this is against the rules of this forum/thread.

Thanks in advance.

It's never too late to say the word or two about this drama. Mine will be more ...
He will be forever drama that made me automatically return to the youth!
It is interesting that the events in the play coincide with many of my experiences, although it is not the same decade and continent. Probably it means that the teenage years in one way or another all the same.

I was punished for loud music, clothes (Madonna) escaping to watch the concerts (I have no pictures of that period ) you know why, and  i had the best frends in the world!

Far these days, and through this series just like them, I returned. Everything is so close and so dear. Is all the greater genius writers have managed to create something timeless. So many emotions, so many situations in which the main characters, it's worth every second.

Another situation that really hit me is the very end where SW talks about first loves as much as possible and is it worth it at all. Despite the fact that in life to pass both good and bad go together, and it is a new kind of romance. Says the person who has been happily married to the first school love.

Archived