[Drama 2012] Answer Me 1997 응답하라 1997

leeana21

@cheezybiteYou have a point, I too often wonder why there were 2 couple thread for AM94, Go Ara with the 1st male lead and Go Ara with Chilbong but none of Yoonjae-Shiwon/Seo Ingguk-Eunji, especially to me tge chemistry between AM97 otp is way better than AM94 couples...sorry I'm not crazy abt AM94 as I feel the main otp has zero chemistry, also the nonsical too exegerated to a point of being gross, at least to me...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Seo In Guk Dishes on Going Against “Reply 1997″ Co-Star Jung Eunji and Being a Hockey Player for “High School Kinimage.jpeg

Star of the upcoming tvN drama “High School King,” Seo In Guk, shared his thoughts on feeling pressure during the press conference that was held on June 11.

“Honestly, I do feel a lot of pressure,” he started. “It was to the point where I questioned if I was the right person for such a highly anticipated drama. The responsibility is very heavy so I am working even harder,” he revealed.

Seo In Guk, who played a swimmer in the film, “No Breathing,” will go for another athlete role as a hockey player in “High School King.” The actor shared, “Ice hockey takes a lot of energy. Even professionals can’t play for the entire game. Even if you warm up for five minutes, even your underwear gets drenched.”

He continued, “But it’s still really fun. I think I’m getting better because I’m having fun. It’s so awesome that the actors are even thinking about making an ice hockey group even after the drama ends.”

Seo In Guk also mentioned that he really liked the “team play” aspect of the drama. “It feels like we’re doing something together so I really like that,” he added.

He also revealed that professional stuntmen were needed to give the scenes are more realistic feel. But he said that he tried his best to minimize those scenes and said, “My muscles were so shocked that the pain lasted a week but I felt really proud of myself after that struggle.”

Finally, the star talked about going against his past “Reply 1997” co-star Jung Eunji, who is starring in the KBS drama “Trot Lovers,” which also airs on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Seo In Guk commented, “I didn’t know the dramas were playing on the same times. But after I heard she was cast, I congratulated her and told her, ‘fighting!’ We are both cheering each other on.”

credit jnmk Soompi | june 11 2014

hi hi first time posting in this thread

hi @cheezybite . do you like pizzah*t?
your nick is the same with one of their menu :D

hi to @popscreen7 @yoyo_icecube

too bad there isn't dedicated thread for our OTP

i love in guk n eun ji. I ship them.
when i watched all their backstage or interaction i feel something's going on between those two
haha
*delusional mode on

one more thing i found my signature from this thread. i want to asked permission to use it.
thank you :)

FOX has put "Answer Me 1999" into development as an American adaptation of "Answer Me 1997!"

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/fox-adapting-korean-coming-of-age-musical-drama-with-step-up-3d-team/

class="post-title"Fox Adapting Korean Coming-Of-Age Musical Drama With ‘Step Up 3D’ Team By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday June 12, 2014 @ 4:12pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Fox, home of high-school musical dramedy Glee, has put in development Answer Me 1999, a limited series based on the Korean show Answer Me 1997, a musical coming-of-age drama about a group of friends. Step Up 3D writers Amy Andelson and Emily Meyer will write the script, with the film’s director Jon M. Chu set to helm the opening episode. All three will executive produce for FX Prods. In Answer Me 1999, the timeline moves back and forth between a group of friends’ past as high-school students in the late 1990s and their present as adults. It is described as s a musical journey through the most transformative decade of the modern era — one that catapulted us into the digital age and forever changed how we interact with each other.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/fox-adapting-korean-coming-of-age-musical-drama-with-step-up-3d-team/

class="entry-title"Fox to Develop American Adaptation of Answer Me 1997While ABC’s adaptation of tvN’s Nine Time Travels is stuck somewhere in development, another hit tvN drama has a shot to make its away across Pacific with Fox looking to adapt Answer Me 1997/Reply 1997 for the US.

Deadline reports that Fox has put Answer Me 1999 into development with Step Up 3D writers Amy Andelson and Emily Meyer writing the script and Step Up director John M. Chu at the helm of the pilot with all three set as Executive Producers under FX Productions.

The article describes the series as a “musical drama” and “musical journey,” but unless they’re developing the adaptation as a replacement for Glee, that description could be misleading.

I’d say both Answer Me series are musical dramas in the way NBC’s late, great American Dreams was a musical drama in that the music of the era was used as a way to frame and enhance the events in the characters’ lives and of the world at that time. People aren’t breaking out into musical numbers during the episode.

This Fox adaptation is interesting in many ways. Both Answer Mes definitely had a gimmick (which is not mentioned in the Deadline article and I won’t spoil here), but both were at their best as true coming-of-age and slice of life stories. The characters friendships and bonds in the midst of a changing world were the biggest draw.

Setting Fox’s adaptation in 1999 at the height of *NSYNC, Britney, Christina and the Backstreet Boys is pretty inspired and a good jumping off point. But like most American teen dramas, Answer Me 1999 will probably be a sexed-up version of the original series, both of which were more innocent, even while groundbreaking in many aspects. That innocence and more conservative Korean drama treatment added to both series’ charm and nostalgia, at least for me.

So regardless, it will be interesting to see what Answer Me 1999 would eventually look like.

Still, while this is great news for Korean drama (many deserving of the big Hollywood treatment), I’m more anxious to hear about Nine Time Travels‘s fate.

http://dryedmangoez.com/2014/06/12/fox-to-develop-american-adaptation-of-answer-me-1997/

OMG YUP I JUST HEARD OF ANSWER ME 1997 REMAKE. I guess the story will kind of same but of course the pop-culture references will different. So they will remake this one, not the 1994 one? This drama is one of the best K-drama that I've ever watched that's why I'm so anxious of the remake. OMG.

PS: I found it funny that Shiwon and Yoonje's new dramas will battling for the ratings. ;))

wow super daebak ^^b
there will be a remake for my numero uno k-drama
love it....
yeah maybe the american version to be sex-ed up than the innocent original series.
like glee. otherwise i'll check that up when it's out.

@popscreen7 i found it sad :(
i love in guk and eun ji
i wish their dramas great succes

Hi everyone. It's been nearly two years and I've finally managed to sub and upload the Mcountdown Backstage of Eunji and Seo In Guk. I'm so sorry for taking so long. I just ran into a lot of problems trying to sub this (and Go Show). Either the videos I had wasn't working or I lost all my files when my computer crashed. Enjoy~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJHpmR96Hjw

@linhee, thank you very much for the English subbed vid :x Eun Ji and In Gook are just too cute together, their voices are good enough too.

To all AM1997 fans, do you know Yoon Tae Woong finally became the President of Korea in AM world :D Yeah, its mentioned in a deleted scene from AM1994. What a pity that Tae Woong's cameo in AM1994 didnt make it to the final-cut when show was still airing, though it was just a few seconds of him standing there, shaking hands with some peoples >_<

P.S, I have mixed feelings about the AM1999 :|

@mingmangming awww, I understand why you sad, but I think it's such a coincidence for both of them, maybe fate playing a part in it :D This coincidence made both of them mentioned each other in the presscon of their respective dramas ;)

@linhee thank you so much for your subbed videos! I enjoy it so much! I love their banter.

@Luna so actually song jongho made a cameo in AM94 too? Whoa, I didn't know about that! Yes, it was such a pity, I want to see what happen to all 97 characters after that reunion...

Answer Me 1997 remake, I'm so anxious but at the same time happy and proud for its achievement. I mean, before its aired, no one expected it to be this huge and to be this good (it's me, actually, I don't know about the others :) ). A drama with simple and relatable story, with new and then-unknown lead actors can be this big and will be remade in US! It's quite an achievement, I think. But yeah, I'm also anxious, how will they remake it? I just hope, at least, the heart and warm feeling of the story is still there in the remake version.

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"Fox To Give "Reply 1997" and "Reply 1994" The “Glee” Treatment

reply-1997.jpg?w=600

"Reply 1997" and "Reply 1994" may soon get the "Glee" treatment. Fox Television, which was responsible for the musical TV hit "Glee," is producing an American version of the Reply dramas. The two k-dramas are going to be melded into one and called "Answer Me."

The resulting American production is described as musical coming of age drama about a group of friends.

The opening episode of the drama will be a collaboration between director Jon M. Chu, and writers Amy Endelson and Emily Myer of "Step Up 3D."

Chu comes from a dance/choreography background and has produced online series that focus on dancing. He directed the dance movies "Step up 2" and "Step Up 3D," plus the Justin Bieber concert film "Never Say Never." He also directed "G.I. Joe" Retaliation," which starred Lee Byung Hun, and Chu will soon direct "Jem and the Holograms."

There are no details yet on how the original k-dramas will be adapted.

K-dramas have come to the attention of American producers in the last two years.

An American production of "Boys Over Flowers" premiered on viki.com. The reviews for the small-scale production were mixed.

Kim Yunjin, the star of the American television hit show "Lost" has plans to produce an American version of the k-drama "Nine: Nine Time Travels," which starred Lee Jin Wook. That drama is about a man who gets nine chances to travel back in time and fix the wrongs that happened to his family.

Daniel Dae Kim, who played Kim Yunjin's husband on "Lost" and now stars in "Hawaii 5-0," is in talks with CBS to create an American version of the k-drama "Good Doctor," starring Joo Won. "Good Doctor" is the story of a genius pediatric surgeon with some social problems.

"There's something that Korean TV does that no other country does -- the way they portray heartbreak and melodrama," Daniel Dae Kim told the Hollywood Reporter in May. "In America, there are more serialized dramas and there can be room for something inspired by Korean TV, because I believe good content can transcend cultural barriers."

While this is true, it may be hard to see how the Reply series can be translated into an American one. Netizens wondered why the producers had not chosen another drama such as "Dream High."

"Reply 1997" was not even a musical, said one netizen.  Glee did great but this is an entirely different kind of show.

How do you feel about the adaptation idea?

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission

Hello 1997 chingus!! Just started watching this drama and loving it so far. Could someone kindly answer one question...in episode 1, what kind of surgery did the guy/main lead had? Everyone was making fun of him!  :( Thanks!

@czakhareina: Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. :) I'm just loving this drama right now..lol. Don't know if you've started watching King High Schooler but it's also good too. Check it out if you haven't yet. :D

@popscreen7 what did eunji said about in guk at her trot lover's press con?

i'm curious about it

;))

i'll watch eunji's new drama since it'll be air in kbs world.

@rukter i watched in guk's new drama n i enjoy it very much. i love reply1997 too. it's my number one fav k-drama until now

:D

glad that this thread come back to life again

<:-P

@linhee thank you so much for the sub  look forward for your sub in go show too

:-*

• 3 weeks later...

class="at_ttl"They Were Kissing Co-Stars, Now They’re Ratings Rivals

BY Julie Jones | Jul 17, 2014 01:12 PM EDT

jung_eun_ji_and_seo_in_guk.jpg

Seo In Guk and A Pink's Jung Eun Ji were co-stars in the tvN comedy "Reply 1997" and while their "Reply" characters occasionally quarreled they grew to love each other.

Jung Eun Ji's character Si Won was a fangirl who loved the band H.O.T. Seo In Guk's character Yoon Je was the quiet brooding boy who lived next door to her. The singer-actors not only played the friends turned lovers so well that the drama topped viewer ratings for its time slot for six weeks. They even performed together on the drama soundtrack.

The characters meshed so well in "Reply 1997" that people thought the actors were dating in real life. But Jung Eun Ji quickly dispelled those rumors. When asked about their relationship on the "Go Show," she made a joke of it, saying that it could never happen. The reason she gave was that although Seo In Guk's "Reply 1997" character is cool and caring in real life the actor is nothing like that.

She joked that his love confessions toward her created a lot of pressure.

But now the two stars are in dueling comedies that are well matched for laughs.

Jung Eun Ji is winning hearts with her performance as a plucky trot singer in "Trot Lovers" and Seo In Guk is playing a high schooler living a double life in "High School King of Manners."

The two comedies are both shown on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Seo In Guk's comedy is shown on the cable station tvN, while Jung Eun Ji's airs on KBS. But even though they compete for viewers in the time slot, there can't be a winner, at least not when measured in ratings.

"Trot Lovers" has so far peaked at regular Nielsen ratings of 8.5 percent. While "High School King of Manners only peaked at 1.95, those ratings don't match up, as cable ratings are different from those for the major networks.

The boardroom/classroom drama "High School King Of Manners" also stars Lee Ha Na as Seo In Guk's love interest and Lee Soo Hyuk as his rival. "Trot Lovers" also stars Ji Hyun Woo and Shin Sung Rok as two men who are both in love with Jung Eun Ji.

Both comedies have a lot to offer in terms of comic acting, funny situations and fun plot twists. So instead of choosing one, viewers may want to find a way to watch both.

kdramastars

Archived