Who will be the Male Lead of ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’?

The male lead of SBS’ upcoming drama A Gentleman’s Dignity will be going to an actor who is, contrary to prior reports and rumors, neither Jang Dong Gun nor Kim Myung Min. The production crew is reported to be in the last stages of discussion with the candidate

An official from the production crew said, “It’s true that we offered the role to Jang Dong Gun, but he couldn’t take up the role due to his schedule for an upcoming Chinese movie and drama. Afterwards, we talked about Kim Myung Min, but we ended up turning to another actor who would be more suitable for a melodrama. Since the drama covers the love stories of middle-aged men, we’re looking for an actor who gives off a serious but sexy feel, and has handsome looks that steals the hearts of women

28232499.jpg

A source close to Kim Myung Min said, “He’s been currently focusing on promoting Pacemaker. It’s true that he had interest in playwright Kim Eun Suk’s new piece of work, but he couldn’t readily agree to take the role because he thinks he′s weak with melodramas. In the past, he turned down the male lead in Painter of the Wind because he felt burdened about the love line with Moon Geun Young. His return to the small screen might be delayed a little bit loner

Several of the roles have already been cast, with actors Kim Su Ro, Kim Min Jong, Kim Min and Yun Se Ah. 

The drama, which is set to premiere in May, covers a cheerful love story of four men and five women in their 30s and 40s. Many are wondering if playwright Kim Eun Suk and producer Shin Woo Chun, who previously teamed up for SBS’Secret Garden, can carry on their success with this upcoming drama. 

An official from the drama said, “Writer Kim Eun Suk and producer Shin Woo Chul are carefully working on casting the upcoming drama. In the case of Kim, even though Secret Garden resulted in the Hyun Bin syndrome, she’s still thinking about Jang Hyuk, who was the first candidate for the lead role. They have keen interest in casting and thinking over who will be suitable for the main role. Please keep an eye on who will land the role

http://www.enewsworl...46&idxType=News

Jang Hyeok "Only historical drama? I did only 3 out of my 24 appearances"

photo216621.jpg

Why is it that the image of actor 

Jang Hyeok  makes it seem as if he only does historical dramas?

He appeared on the MBC TV program "Section TV" on January 8th of January and said that he wasn't in a lot of them at all.

The reporter asked him, "Why do you think you keep getting offers from historical dramas?"

He hesitated before answering, "Actually, out of the 24 movies and dramas I did, only three of them were period pieces".

He continued, "I think it's maybe because it's close to my actual character".

Jang Hyeok has become the king of historical dramas through shows like KBS 2TV's "The Slave Hunters" and SBS's "Deep-rooted Tree".

Who will be the Male Lead of ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’?

http://www.enewsworl...46&idxType=News

Wangnyeo: Thanks so much for the news!! I am so excited now :w00t: Secret Garden really broke my heart ( and my delusional self thinks I have something to do with it). But I think they will be doubly careful now and not reveal anything before confirming everything.

Btw, I saw you on Yongseo thread too. Looks like we have the same taste! Heehee.

Top 10 Stars Acceptance Speech in SBS 2011 Drama Awards

Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae of  A Thousand Days’ Promise, Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook of Scent of a Woman, Lee Min Ho of City Hunter, Lee Yo Won of 49 Days, Jang Hyuk and Han Suk Kyu of  Deep Rooted Tree, and Ji Sung and Choi Kang Hee of Protect the Boss won the “Top 10 Stars Award” of 2011 SBS Drama Awards.

Here’s the brief quotes of their acceptance speech when accepting the “Top 10 Stars” award on stage.

Lee Dong Wook said, “I feel honored to stand together with so many excellent people. This is my first film after discharged from army. The warm welcome by everybody has let me completed the drama well

Lee Min Ho said, “I feel honored to be able to won the award with so many great seniors

sbs-2011-drama-awards-top-10-stars.jpg

Han Suk Kyu said, “Although this position is very unfamiliar, but will want to thank everyone. I feel that I am representing every staffs on Deep Rooted Tree to receive this award. Very grateful to seniors and juniors that filmed together.”

Kim Rae Won said, “I did not shoot TV series for a long time. This time I filmed again and get this award, I am very grateful.”

Kim Sun Ah said, “Making such a good drama series, let me feel very happy this whole year. I will continue to make good project in 2012, continuing to acting well.”

Lee Yo Won said, “It’s good if the cast members of 49 Days could come together. Thank you for giving me this award.”

Jang Hyuk said, “This year I shot two dramas in SBS. Now I am standing here, really thank you.”

Choi Kang Hee also said, “Today I won the award and I am also the MC, already a little chaotic.”

Ji Sung added with “me too” and “thank you,” provoking laughter.

Soo Ae who also won the award did not attend the 2011 SBS Drama Awards ceremony for personal reason.

http://asian-drama.o...1-drama-awards/

Wangnyeo: Thanks so much for the news!! I am so excited now :w00t: Secret Garden really broke my heart. But I think they will be doubly careful now and not reveal anything before confirming everything.

Btw, I saw you on Yongseo thread too. Looks like we have the same taste! Heehee.

ya its a more than surprising news ^^ I was happy to read those lines wub.gif

Regarding the taste ! I was thinking the same specially when I saw ur comments for many of the Soompi news I have read ^^ 

smile.gif

Hi everyone... Happy new 2012!!

Well I found this video... I just love it, is from Just jang Hyuk... shows how Hyukie managed to attend the both ceremonies ... enjoy it ;)

Video LInk

z-set3_20120105125513.jpg 

Really this video is the best for me !!! I ve seen it many times and I am so thankful for the up loader and everyone distribute it ^^ ,, it shows how professional our Oppa and cute at same time ^^ ♥

And for Attending KBS as well .. 

S3_20120101063213.jpg

Oppa  was the star of that night ^^ and proof how hardworking actor he is ! as no one was like him for sure , presenting Grand prize and having top Excellent award for acting and was a part of best SBS drama 2011!!!!!! reallly he is sooo hardworking and I hope he will continue to be the same , lucky with whatever he chose to do , adorable by his fans and please Oppa be healthy and pay more attention to ur family smile.gif

Seriously , his usual is 2 dramas per year ! and most of them are Good dramas , what a lucky fan we are ^^

Regarding his  achievement in 2011 SBS Awards .. 

S-10STAR.jpg 

I was confused , cus I don not know korean , and I did feel like the Prize was for Midas but many websites mentioning that it was for TWDR !!!! he was totally Amazing in Midas , Regardless what some could consider Midas as a pooring drama !!!!!!!!!!! I love it soooooo much and although I was as u guys sad that oppa did not win for TWDR but I believe he showed a great acting skills in Midas rather than TWDR , because he was able to made me ( the crazy fan ) hated him then love him back again in that dram ( Midas ) so that simply is BRILLIANT .. in TWDR the acting for sure deserve another Excellent award as well because so many people ( I was among them ) who were asking what would such drama add to oppa after the Grand Prize and Chuno ?? but he showed us that he  is a wise , trustful actor ( to his fans ) in his decisions , in which although I was waching Chuno ( for the first time ) while airing TWDR , I never ever thought that they are even the same person !! Oppa simply is Amazing ^^  smile.gif

The last Pic is the Cutest  moment for Oppa at the Awards ceremonies of 2011  to me *^ 

qq1s_20120101210655.jpg

I am thankful for our friends the faithful fans at 

http://1janghyuk.blo...category-1.html 

Wang Nyeo: :D I must be careful of what I comment on next time! haha

Yeah Hyuk looks so cute in that self-cam!

I am so excited of the new production rumour, altho I am not sure what is the story about. haha.

EDIT:

Just got back from Baidu and I guess the folks there are not that hot on this new drama because it seems to be a older version of F4. Plus the two actors confirmed are indeed older and more towards comedian. I dont know, I better keep my mouth shut until the news is more confirmed. Really dun want to Secret Garden fiasco to happen again. :ph34r:

Wang Nyeo:  :D  I must be careful of what I comment on next time! haha

Yeah Hyuk looks so cute in that self-cam!

I am so excited of the new production rumour, altho I am not sure what is the story about. haha.

Thanks Sweaty for ur complement ^^

the self cam was really something Kekeke   ,,,,  u have to love it ^^

about that rumor , although Secret garden was really a hit .. but I remembered 2 occasions while reading that thread !

first , the hit king of baking and the great anticipation of people with the comeback of both the writer and director of that hit in 2011 with Man of Honor with strong anticipated leads ( of other hits Cinderella Sister 's Cha Jung Myun and City Hunter's Park min young ) .. but turned to be an average drama if u would compare it to other dramas from SBS and MBC , although it was a bit more than average among KBS drama of 2011 ..  but personally I lost the interest about its story from ep 15 and I did not watch any after ep 16  !!!! although I was waiting to see it ..

the other occation is the drama of the Man who can not marry .. I like Ji Jin Hee ( after Dong Yi and Dae Jang Geum ) , and so I was dying to see  that dram cuz of him and Yon Ah In from Sungkyunkwan Scandal , but then I was shocked by the story and disappointed !  and this Rumors' project seems to be having some similarity storyline to the man who can not marry !!

But who Knows ?? may be some thing like the 2011 Greatest Love with Most used and ordinary story line becomes a hit ?!!!!

Anyway truely I wish to see Oppa in something like Secret Garden or Greatest Love .. and here to think about it,,  it is amazing to be sure that Oppa is able to do any role ( the proof in his different characters from his all dramas and movies ) but rarely to find someone like him !! now he is the King of Historical drama , by Midas showed the Melodrama , in Thank you the Charming Romantic Guy and through out all his career including the variety's shows and even the interviews showed his sens of humor and humble personality wub.gif  

Other wish , ??????

Won1.jpg

2352009286_fd3632c95e.jpg 

Is to Star with Kim Tae Hee  biggrin.gif, although the most Favorite actress for me is Ha Ji Won ( almost all her choices are hits and she is amazing , cute , adorable and talented ) but I doubt for such a chance again with Jang Hyuk after SG !

But Kim Tae Hee ( I have seen few of hers ) also cute , talented and seems to be famous among all ages in Korea !!

( I was having such a wish before for both min min couple * lee min ho and park min young *  and  geun geun couple * Jang Geun suk and Moon Geun Young * and both of them starred in dramas later tongue.gif) ..

Oh God !

tumblr_lx2k41zOch1qi7tp8o1_500.jpg

I think I ve been improving !!  now I can post news and comments !! .. Really that is something great ^^ .. I have never do such thing before , like joining fan clubs , searching for news , posting , being active in the Facebook and looking to be active in the YouTube !!!! although I am ELF and like the super juniors with my sister and cousins for 4 years but I was dependent on them for all the Suju updates and cus they are the most popular group in the Arab Region , so u feel like even if you do not do anything , still u will know almost everything about them ...  Hope for Oppa such popularity biggrin.gif

Wang Nyeo:

I am saving your SJ photo into my PC. haha. Am a fan of them as well, my fave is Kyuhyun. heehee

Which country did you say you are from?

I think Hyuk will look good with Kim Tae Hee, yeah Ha Ji Won just has hits after hits but her next drama is with Cha Seung Won. :mellow:

Anyway I am posting a couple of the photos from the Gc signing session here, because Hyuk looks so good. :wub:

A long queue for the session:

13259209792142.jpg

908fa0ec08fa513de96e3b903d6d55fbb3fbd9bc.jpg

:)

14ce36d3d539b600c2ab59f9e950352ac65cb713.jpg

Wang Nyeo:

I am saving your SJ photo into my PC. haha. Am a fan of them as well, my fave is Kyuhyun. heehee

Which country did you say you are from?

I think Hyuk will look good with Kim Tae Hee, yeah Ha Ji Won just has hits after hits but her next drama is with Cha Seung Won. :mellow:

Anyway I am posting a couple of the photos from the Gc signing session here, because Hyuk looks so good.  :wub:

A long queue for the session:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

:)

*quoted image*

WoW , SuJu fan ! love u w00t.gif   and like Kyuna biggrin.gif 

this guy just as Jang Hyuk Oppa would look Great in whatever outfit , Suju Kyuhyun  will be the best in whatever song 

he would sing biggrin.gif

for me I like Eunhyuk  wub.gif

933856.jpg?w=320&h=213 

So Goood Friendship cool.gif 

My sister used to like Leeuteuk  ( not any more after his marriage w00t.gif ) and Heecheul and then I tease her daily that one got married and the other went to the Army  phew.gif

I am from Saudi Arabia 

1lk13758.jpg

This is Eteuk Oppa in our outfit wub.gif  All the saudi girls went Crazy over that ( all the Arab as well ) and this is Designed by my sister for that >> 

33916_1560321881687_1044486239_2451350_3784576_n.jpg

And this is a video done by my sis showing the Arab's fever about the the Suju and even theier Arabic interview at the KBS  Radio Arabic Section ,, and a Saudi Girl singing for them   at 3:36 and how they were amazed  w00t.gif  .  At 5:00 my little cousin was 3 year old saying Sarang hyo Super Junior biggrin.gif he loves sorry Sorry  cool.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FGQNF5B-lUA 

and in this link I upload to u a song was sang by my sis and she won the 2rd place , in the KBS radio competition for the Arab fans of the K Pop  

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/Jv_x6-3E/To_KBS____-_Super_Junior-.html 

For Ur Great / Surprising News !!!!!!!!

HaJiWon_ChaSeungWon1.jpg

So Cha seung won with Hong Sis Again !!  , 

with Ha ji won ( won won couple   wink.gif Heheheh ) 

and the combination of writer - director of the piece of art Beethoven Virus !!!!! 

>>>>>>  Could not say anything except I am anticipating  for sure this drama laugh.gif 

AND 

Jang Hyuk Oppaaaaaaaaaaaa

daegil_alone.jpg

Keeeeeeeeeeep FIGHTING   laugh.gif

Hi girls! It's great to see some new faces here :w00t:

Wow, I have a hard time to keep up with you girls talking about all these K stars :sweatingbullets: Anyway, thanks wangnyeo and qwenli for all the news, updates and pics. You're really good!

Wow Qwenil !! have a look at this link for Oppa   at  The Gc signing session 

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

And after that How could u not adore and love such an actor ?????????

55798559201201071454421217084704953_022.jpg

I wonder what will I do if I was such a lucky fan and be infront him someday ??   sweatingbullets.gif

I liked this moment for him when he was signing with his heart not using his pen !!!  smile.gif

55798559201201071454421217084704953_019.jpg

Here There are 2 links for him seems to be greeting by the New Year and the Valentine's Day ?!! wub.gif

Wishing GONG XI FA CHAI to all JH's sis who are celebrating Chinese New Year.

I also enjoy oppa new CFs.

I hope he can have a good rest with his family during this Lunar holidays, he was very2 busy for the past 2 years.

http://www.korea.net/detail.do?guid=60532

Jang Hyuk’s next piece of work will be a film

Jang Hyuk, who has been loved by the TV audience over the last two years, is expected to look to the movies for his next piece of work.

After winning the Grand Prize at the KBS Drama Awards in 2010 for his role in Slave Hunters, he starred in SBS’ hit dramas, Midas and A Tree With Deep Roots in succession. With the consecutive successes, he has placed his name in A-list for the film and drama industry.

A rep from the actor’s agency, Sidus HQ,, said, “After wrapping up A Tree with Deep Roots, Jang Hyuk has been busy with an assortment of activities, which he had to hold on until the drama ended. He’s currently been looking over his next piece of work, reading scenarios in his spare time.”

He is known to be considering a film as his next work as he continually starred in dramas as of late.

The rep said, “Since he′s continuously been in many dramas lately, he is planning to be in a film. He‘s been looking over many film scenarios.”

This year, he appeared in the crime thriller movie, The Client despite his hectic schedule. In the movie, he portrayed a suspect who is charged with killing his wife and was well-received for his impressive acting.

Notably, he took on the third leading role supporting Ha Jung Woo and Park Hee Soon unlike many other main actors who insist on playing leads.

He recently said in an interview with enews, “I haven’t thought I had to play leads for the sake of changing characters as an actor.”

Many are wondering how he will transform himself in a new work after he succeeded in challenging himself with new characters in Slave Hunters and A Tree With Deep Roots.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

* Article from CJ E&M enewsWorld (http://www.enewsworld.com/)