Another variety appearance

KBS's "Very Historical Travel" regular program has been confirmed

The "Very Historical Travel," which was introduced last fall to mark the 50th anniversary of its foundation, will meet viewers every Sunday night from the 26th May.

It will provide emotion and fun by excavating beautiful nature, valuable cultural heritage, and little-known historical stories hidden throughout Korea.

A broadcasting official predicted, "If there is a historical story that we must know anywhere in the world, including the Korean Peninsula, we will run."

Park Mi-sun, a broadcaster who is loved as the "big sister of the nation," prepared a travel package containing personal preferences by searching for attractions and restaurants to go on a private trip after the pilot broadcast, while historian Shim Yong-hwan will also deliver historical figures and stories that viewers do not know well about. In addition, special guests will appear in each episode to present a different combination. Actors Jang Hyuk, Lee Sang-yeop, Lee El, and trot singer Park Ji-hyun will appear.

Starting with Jecheon, Chungcheongbuk-do, the first travel destination, "a very historical trip" to cross Jeolla-do and Gyeongsang-do, is expected to be approached as a cultural content and useful infotainment program that the whole family can see together through cross-generational information and fun.

124962483.1.jpg

https://www.donga.com/news/Culture/article/all/20240516/124962493/1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Another variety appearance

KBS's "Very Historical Travel" regular program has been confirmed

The "Very Historical Travel," which was introduced last fall to mark the 50th anniversary of its foundation, will meet viewers every Sunday night from the 26th May.

It will provide emotion and fun by excavating beautiful nature, valuable cultural heritage, and little-known historical stories hidden throughout Korea.

A broadcasting official predicted, "If there is a historical story that we must know anywhere in the world, including the Korean Peninsula, we will run."

Park Mi-sun, a broadcaster who is loved as the "big sister of the nation," prepared a travel package containing personal preferences by searching for attractions and restaurants to go on a private trip after the pilot broadcast, while historian Shim Yong-hwan will also deliver historical figures and stories that viewers do not know well about. In addition, special guests will appear in each episode to present a different combination. Actors Jang Hyuk, Lee Sang-yeop, Lee El, and trot singer Park Ji-hyun will appear.

Starting with Jecheon, Chungcheongbuk-do, the first travel destination, "a very historical trip" to cross Jeolla-do and Gyeongsang-do, is expected to be approached as a cultural content and useful infotainment program that the whole family can see together through cross-generational information and fun.

https://www.donga.com/news/Culture/article/all/20240516/124962493/1

He's so knowledgeable about historical stuff. He'll love this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He's so knowledgeable about historical stuff. He'll love this.

But is he though? Or maybe it's like what his friend said about him being a broken encyclopedia or something along those lines 😂. We will find out soon

My undergrad degree was in History so I'm quite intrigued by this show. Hopefully it will be available with subs. Not just the JH episode but I'd like to watch it all if available

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

But is he though? Or maybe it's like what his friend said about him being a broken encyclopedia or something along those lines 😂. We will find out soon

My undergrad degree was in History so I'm quite intrigued by this show. Hopefully it will be available with subs. Not just the JH episode but I'd like to watch it all if available

In the 2007 trip to Mongolia, he impressed everyone when he shared what he knew about Genghis Khan. And he also impressed the director of My Country with his extensive knowledge on Yi Bang Won. 

I I believe he delves deeply into studying and researching historical figures that are of interest to him.

Haha! Broken encyclopedia.  Maybe that's only when he's with his dragon club friends.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

In the 2007 trip to Mongolia, he impressed everyone when he shared what he knew about Genghis Khan. And he also impressed the director of My Country with his extensive knowledge on Yi Bang Won. 

I I believe he delves deeply into studying and researching historical figures that are of interest to him.

Haha! Broken encyclopedia.  Maybe that's only when he's with his dragon club friends.

Right, also in Chuno- the director said that JH was more knowledgable of the time period than the production.

• Awesome 1

Ran into this clip, and I remembered this guy is JH's friend, right? It seems like the last few years have been quite difficult, and strangely, his life, as a result, now parallels JH's life- looks like there was a scandal around him which resulted in him leaving all of his shows, but this changed him to the better- his health became better, became closer to his wife, had a daughter :) - so now he has two boys and one girl! he also got worried about being there for his new baby- so he stopped drinking! Very reminiscent of what happened with JH, just in a different timeline :)

I wonder if JH was there for him through this- 

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Isn't this the same hair cut he had on the Mongolia trip? the one he couldn't manage on his own? :hwaiting2:

Lol! He has a stylist today. Let's take a look at him when he's at the boxing gym.  Haha!

This person posted a report of the Fan meeting. Seems like it was mostly stories we've already saw in the latest Radio star episode JH attended, and the rest sounds like Karaoke :mellow:, where JH sang random songs along with the crowd... Sounds like they had fun, but there was no news. Rats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fanmeets are not my thing but good for the people who saw him and had fun

In other news, I'm more interested in that food show. Not expecting any major news or reveals. Just curious if anyone has seen it / if it is interesting?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Fanmeets are not my thing but good for the people who saw him and had fun

In other news, I'm more interested in that food show. Not expecting any major news or reveals. Just curious if anyone has seen it / if it is interesting?

I watched the show without subs yesterday. Half the show was about how they prepare and cook the delicious food. Interesting if you are into Korean cuisine.

Here's some of the things he shared (summarised from naver):

While scanning Jang Hyuk's body, Heo Young-man noted, "It seems that Kim Jong-kook is in much better physical shape." Jang Hyuk responded, "Jong-kook is definitely exceptional in many ways, including physically and mentally. He's a friend with outstanding qualities. I've never thought about focusing on bulking up."

To this, Heo Young-man joked, "If I were to compare you to Kim Jong-kook in terms of physique, it might take a long time."

Jang Hyuk responded, "Jong-guk has a good body, a good heart, and is good at singing; he's an outstanding friend in many ways," and added, "Isn't the world full of various side dishes? Each one has its own unique flavor." His comment drew laughter from the audience.

To this, Heo Young-man complimented Jang Hyuk by saying, "Mr. Jang Hyuk is like soy sauce aged for 50 years. An essential seasoning that brings out the important flavors," which drew laughter. Jang Hyuk said he was deeply moved by Heo Young-man's analogy.

Jang Hyuk has been a wild goose father for two years and sent his two sons and one daughter overseas for his children's education. 

On this day, Jang Hyuk said, “My father also worked overseas for a long time when I was young. Wasn't there a construction boom in Saudi Arabia and Iraq in the 1980s? He went abroad at that time,” he said, recalling his special childhood.

He continued, “When I was young, the airport was a place where I received gifts. He also shared a related story, saying, “My father bought me the latest robot toys, a thermal rice bowl, a game console, and a button pencil case. It was a father-son reunion full of joy."

Jang Hyuk also said, “After having children and becoming a father, my perspective on my parents changed. I respect my parents.l 'How was I at this time?' I feel like I empathize a lot with this. “I started talking more with my parents,” he confessed.

Heo Young-man asked, “If you are a wild goose dad, how do you manage your meals?” Jang Hyuk made people laugh by saying, “I go to my parents’ house often. My father likes it when I go to my parents' house. He likes it because the side dishes change. He always calls me to come over," making everyone laugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 1