Thanks for the update Maratsgirl, well its an international award and competition is fierce. I think nomination is a great achievement already. :unsure::D

New pix.............

Wearing his Eider feather jacket during filming:

503d269759ee3d6d62ec4f8c43166d224f4ade4b.jpg

Magazine pix......

55798559201111222115584057546693552_000.jpg

55798559201111222115584057546693552_001.jpg

55798559201111222115584057546693552_002.jpg

A clever pix by Jangster:

41b701051d950a7bb24b8d830ad162d9f3d3c9ba.jpg

:)

sharing fan art from this blogger.. ^^

Wow its so nice! Thanks!

Recent photo with emcee Kim Chek Dong

20111125114617_4ecf01791885c_1.jpg

In another Yonhap news interview, I think Hyuk says that his recent characters are all high IQ people? From Chuno, Midas and Deep rooted Tree heros. :)

AKR20111126045400005_01_i.jpg

The Client is the top 16 grossing movie in Korea for 2011. This is quite an achievement considering that there is competition from Hollywood films. The no. 1 film was Transformers 3. :)

MORE BTS FROM DEEP ROOTED TREE

201111291711011001_1.jpg

4034970a304e251f5d323eb0a786c9177e3e53b5.jpg

Hyuk was briefly mentioned in the Mnet mama awards 2011 when Kong Hyung Jin and Fann Wong presented an award. It was funny.

This is the link youtube :)

qwenli, yes, I saw that part when KHJ and FW talked about oppa, so happy to hear that.

and just want to share this article, another talent of oppa.

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=1855&idxType=News

Jang Hyuk Drives up the Popularity of His Drama with Comical Vibe

2011-11-30 13:37  l  CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyun

Jank Hyuk, star of SBS’ A Tree with Deep Roots, is driving up the popularity of his drama with his deft comical acting, which is well-suited to describing commoners in the Joseon Dynasty.

Jang is playing Chae Yoon, a former servant who became a palace guard in order to take revenge on the King for his father’s death.

8f4ed717b690aa479439c0f31d3ab2bd_large.jpg

As the drama has started to focus on the creation of Korean alphabet, or Hangeul, by King Sejong, the confrontation between King Sejong (Han Suk Gyu) and Jung Gi Jun, leader of the Hidden Roots organization (Yoon Je Moon) is reaching new heights.

Jang Hyuk as Chae Yoon has been alternating between heightening and lessening the tension in the drama, and has often been serving as comic relief.

Jang’s acting ability, which has only been growing since his previous dramas including KBS2’s Chuno and SBS’ Midas, has been on full display in this drama. Particularly, his comical acting serves as a strength booster to the drama, and he even released a video recently in which he lectured castmates Shin Seung Hwan and Kim Gi Bang, who are acting as palace guards, on how to act funny.

Jang told enews on November 30, “At present, the confrontation between the King and the courtier has been tensely and tightly portrayed in A Tree with Deep Roots. But you can also find the aspect of commoners’ lives woven with laughter and sorrow at the same time.”

He continued, “For this reason, my character, and Bak Po of Shin Seoung Hwan, and Cho Tak of Kim Gi Bang are portrayed in a more realistic and humorous way. We are trying to be in sync with each other in our comical acting so that we can add rhythmical elements to the drama.”

“I hope viewers will grow fond of our characters,” he added.

Photo credit: SBS

Hi , I am a new member in this fan-club , from Saudi Arabia , 25 years doctor .. started to be a fan of Jang Hyuk after Tree with deep roots and actually realized that I watched for him windstruk and teach me English and liked them sooo much .. during watching DRT other fans advised me to see Chuno and so I have loved him more and more , he is great in whatever he do .. I am in my mania of him now , did search all his dramas , movies , and shows .. watched happy together , family outing , win win and recently a show called healing camp but unfortunately was not translated TT ... now that I joined the club I am sooooooo happy ^^ ..

Wish to enjoy my time with u guys ,,

Hi , I am a new member in this fan-club , from Saudi Arabia , 25 years doctor .. started to be a fan of Jang Hyuk after Tree with deep roots and actually realized that I watched for him windstruk and teach me English and liked them sooo much .. during watching DRT other fans advised me to see Chuno and so I have loved him more and more , he is great in whatever he do .. I am in my mania of him now , did search all his dramas , movies , and shows .. watched happy together , family outing , win win and recently a show called healing camp but unfortunately was not translated TT ... now that I joined the club I am sooooooo happy ^^ ..

Wangnyeo: Welcome!! Hyuk will be happy to hear that he has fans in the middle east!! Please do check out the first page of this thread to see a more systematic categorisation of Hyuk's events and work. I have the english script of win win, if you will like to have it, please send me a private message.

Samzz : Thanks for the article!! :D

Recently Hyuk said that even though he already has two sons, he is quite envious of friends who have daughters so he may try for one. :P

Hyuk has confirmed an event next year Feb 9 in Japan to promote Deep Rooted Tree and The Client.

More Japanese Yen Yeah!! :D:D

--------------------------------------------

Please see the great stills from his movie The Client at this baidu link, fantastic acting chopshttp://tieba.baidu.com/p/1309767186

55798559201112041802289181589808151_011.jpg

qwenli, my pleasure.

here is another interesting article, translation of oppa recent interview.

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=1931&idxType=News

[interview] Jang Hyuk, An Actor With Insight

2011-12-05 13:39  l  CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon .

Hearing the name Jang Hyuk, what pops into people’s minds first? Probably a man of few words, because he often portrayed such quiet and charismatic characters.

Hearing the name Jang Hyuk, what pops into people’s minds first? Probably, a man of few words, because he often portrayed such characters with a quiet charisma.

He transformed himself into the daring and courageous Lee Dae Gil in the drama Chuno (2010) and into cold-hearted Kim Do Hyun in Maidus (2011). Those strong and tough characters might have wiped away the comical image he crafted in his early work, Success of a Bright Girl (2002).

However, those who have met him in real life might refute it all at once. Jang is rather cheerful person all together with delicate sensitivity and sense of humor even though sometimes he is taciturn. He gives off an infectious positive energy.

Enews sat down with the actor for the first time in seven months since the latest interview with him in April after his shooting in Maidus. He looked more laid-back than last time. We wondered why.

”I’d like to be an actor who can lead his character rather than be an A-lister"

“It’s been a while. It’s good to hear that you say I look more relaxed than the time when I was shooting Maidus. Back then, I didn’t even have time to memorize the script. I received the scripts 30 minutes before shooting, so I had to grasp the meaning instantly and begin shooting. I was more tense due to the tight schedule. Or I might have given that impression because I was immersed in such a cold-hearted character.”

He said that with his unique ‘killer smile’ as if to say that he wasn′t a cold-hearted person. In fact, he smiles and laughs very often. When he grins, he looks like an innocent child. Jang has a lot to smile about these days, as the popularity of his current drama, A Tree with Deep Roots, continues to soar.

Jang Hyuk stressed, however, that he is always more satisfied when he fully understands his characters than rather being an A-list celeb.

“Thank you for calling me an A-lister. But I′d rather be an actor who can take control of a character. Some actors lose their color as an actor because their characters’ color is stronger than that of the actor. It’s my pride as an actor not to lose my color. I have to take control of my character. I don’t want to make things the other way around. In that sense, I’m happy to become an A-list actor because that means I can have more leeway in acting a character."

You’ll shine brighter when you act with great actors.”

An actor who melts into his character, but never loses his own colorthat’s Jang Hyuk. Keeping that goal in mind, he looks at the bigger picture. He also talked about two great actors of A Tree with Deep Roots, Yoon Je Moon and Jo Jin Woong.

“When I read the drama’s synopsis, I wanted the character, Ga Ri On, very much. It seems to me that that’s the character that can retain two colors at the same time. But I’m not fit for the character in terms of age. Ga Ri On was such a crucial character in the drama and could only be played by Han Suk Gyu (King Sejong), who could evoke ample sentiment. I received a good impression from Yoon Je Moon while working with him in Maidus, and I recommended him to the director and producer. I also recommended Jo Jin Woong because I thought of him as a good actor while working with him in Chuno.

Jang Hyuk is also an actor who can see the entire piece of work rather than trying to shine by himself.

“I recommended Yoon Je Moon and Jo Jin Woong, but I’m the one who′s receiving good energy from them. Thanks to them, the character of Kang Chae Yoon shines (laughs).”

For that reason, Jang himself wants to become an actor who can have positive influence on his hubaes (juniors).

“Good sunbaes(seniors) are tantamount to good books. You′ll learn something when you′re surrounded by great actors in a piece of work. Even though it doesn′t bring about immeditable changes, it will definitely be helpful someday. This is why you have to be a good sunbae.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Gwan

Translation credit: Misun Le

Thank you Samzz so much for the article! I translated it to post on Baidu. :P

EDIT: yes, he wanted to act as Ga Ri On

Please give us other articles on Hyuk when you can. :D

by the way, hyuk's birthday is on only 2 weeks away.................................... :)

-------------------------------------------

At the Lanvin Event on the 8th:

Pix on Baidu forum

Time flies and its the end of the year again. Dramabeans is doing voting again for a whole series of stuff on K drama. Check it out and lets support Deep Rooted Tree! Midas got a nomination too. haha :P

Dramabeans Beanie Awards

Hyuk's Deep Rooted Tree is among the top 10 shows in Korea 2011.

Based on country wide TNS ratings:

No. 1 KBS Smile, Dong Hae 36.4%

No. 2 SBS Secret Garden 26.5%

No. 3 KBS Ojakgyo Brothers 25.5%

No. 4 KBS Believe in Love 22.8%

No. 5 KBS The woman in our house 21.5%

No. 6 KBS Just you 19.9%

No. 7 KBS Variety: Happy Together > 18.4%

No. 8 KBS Princess Man 17.3%

No. 9 SBS Deep Rooted Tree 17.1%

No. 10 KBS King Gwanggaeto, the great 16.7%

Most of the shows are daily family dramas, so Secret Garden, Princess Man and Deep Rooted Tree performance are all very impressive! :)

qwenli, yes, if I see another interview translation, sure I will put it here.

so SBS hasn't yet listed the name for their year end award, here is the hot candidates for the big prize-Hope oppa can have another Daesang this year.

http://asian-drama.org/2011-sbs-drama-awards-han-suk-kyu-jang-hyuk-park-shin-yang-soo-ae-are-hot-candidates/

2011 SBS Drama Awards – Han Suk Kyu, Jang Hyuk, Park Shin Yang & Soo Ae Are Hot Candidates

Though the final list of nominees for the SBS Drama Awards that is going to be held at the end of the year hasn’t yet been published, but the candidates for the Daesang award (top award) have surfaced, where Han Suk Kyu, Jang Hyuk, Park Shin Yang and Soo Ae become the front-runner, predicted by South Korean media.

The dramas produced by SBS this year have not been inferior than KBS. Dramas such as Deep Rooted Tree, Warrior Baek Dong-soo, Sign, Midas, A Thousand Days’ Promise, City Hunter, Protect the Boss and so on, have gained high ratings and well received by viewers. Other than who will win the best actors and best actresses awards, the only actor who will win the Daesang award at the end of the year is attracting attention of netizens. South Korean media has selected the actors most likely to win the award as the two lead actors in Deep Rooted Tree, Han Suk Kyu and Jang Hyuk, Park Shin Yang of Sign and Soo Ae of A Thousand Days’ Promise.

Currently airing Deep Rooted Tree’s ratings have exceeded 20% mark, and is one of the top rated drama for SBS this year. Han Suk Kyu who plays the role of King Sejong in the drama can be considered as skillful actor, although he has not appeared on TV screen for 16 years, the acting is not stepping backward but continues to breakthrough forward, the success of Deep Rooted Tree among viewers in some point has to credit to his acting, and as such he is the hot pick among many Korean media prediction. And another lead actor of the same drama Jang Hyuk is also a candidate to win the Daesang award. In 2011, other than having good performance in Deep Rooted Tree, his earlier project Midas was also a high rated and good reputation TV series, undoubted acting made him an actor loved nationally.

And the first forensic reasoning drama in South Korea, Sign, has been very popular in 2011. The role of legal examiner played by Park Shin Yang has left deep impression on viewers, as he perfectly and vividly portrayed the image of freak and stubborn man, transforming from the taste of gentle man in his previous projects.

For female actress, most media speculates that Soo Ae from A Thousand Days’ Promise will score, although she has two dramas this year including “Athena: Goddess of War,” and she also performed well as female spy in Athena: Goddess of War, but her role in A Thousand Days’ Promise who is gradually suffered from Alzheimer’s disease obviously allowed her to bring out her original colors.

The annual 2011 SBS Drama Awards will be broadcast live at the night of December 31st, 2011.

Wangnyeo: Welcome!! Hyuk will be happy to hear that he has fans in the middle east!! Please do check out the first page of this thread to see a more systematic categorisation of Hyuk's events and work. I have the english script of win win, if you will like to have it, please send me a private message.

Samzz : Thanks for the article!!

Recently Hyuk said that even though he already has two sons, he is quite envious of friends who have daughters so he may try for one.

Hyuk has confirmed an event next year Feb 9 in Japan to promote Deep Rooted Tree and The Client.

More Japanese Yen Yeah!!

--------------------------------------------

Please see the great stills from his movie The Client at this baidu link, fantastic acting chopshttp://tieba.baidu.com/p/1309767186

*quoted image*

thanks a lot dear for welcoming I am soo happy for that .. actually Hyuki has an exellent poularity in Arab region ,, many sites translate his dramas .. this site as an e,g

http://www.vb.eqla3.com/showthread.php?t=987074

I hope it is really true that he will do a promotion for chuno in Dubai ,, I did not and could not believe this news but I wish ti comes true

About Win win . I hope if u coud send me that , please ... I am looking forward to have its sub

I know I am crazy just within these days I finished Midas and successful story of bright girl and going to see Thank You

OOOh huyki u make me crazy !!

Hyuk's Deep Rooted Tree is among the top 10 shows in Korea 2011.

Based on country wide TNS ratings:

No. 1 KBS Smile, Dong Hae 36.4%

No. 2 SBS Secret Garden 26.5%

No. 3 KBS Ojakgyo Brothers 25.5%

No. 4 KBS Believe in Love 22.8%

No. 5 KBS The woman in our house 21.5%

No. 6 KBS Just you 19.9%

No. 7 KBS Variety: Happy Together > 18.4%

No. 8 KBS Princess Man 17.3%

No. 9 SBS Deep Rooted Tree 17.1%

No. 10 KBS  King Gwanggaeto, the great 16.7%

Most of the shows are daily family dramas, so Secret Garden, Princess Man and Deep Rooted Tree performance are all very impressive! :)

I have watched and loved princess man but sure the story line of TWDR is much better  happy.gif although I wished more focus on Jang hyuki oppa !  sometimes I think what dose TWDR add to him ?? he did not show off many of his marital arts ,, really hopefuly he will find a chance in marital art focusing drama like the warrior baek dong soo ( although the story was not good by the last 10 eps and got boring  ) but at the same time as a fan I was happy for him to have this successful drama in his profile and to have a chance of seeing him twice per year .. 

Sure TWDR is the best historical drama of 2011 and that is it smile.gif

qwenli, yes, if I see another interview translation, sure I will put it here.

so SBS hasn't yet listed the name for their year end award, here is the hot candidates for the big prize-Hope oppa can have another Daesang this year.

http://asian-drama.o...hot-candidates/

2011 SBS Drama Awards – Han Suk Kyu, Jang Hyuk, Park Shin Yang & Soo Ae Are Hot Candidates

Though the final list of nominees for the SBS Drama Awards that is  going to be held at the end of the year hasn’t yet been published, but  the candidates for the Daesang award (top award) have surfaced, where  Han Suk Kyu, Jang Hyuk, Park Shin Yang and Soo Ae become the  front-runner, predicted by South Korean media.

The dramas produced by SBS this year have not been inferior than KBS. Dramas such as Deep Rooted Tree, Warrior Baek Dong-soo, Sign, Midas, A Thousand Days’ Promise,  City Hunter, Protect the Boss and so on, have gained high ratings and  well received by viewers. Other than who will win the best actors and  best actresses awards, the only actor who will win the Daesang award at  the end of the year is attracting attention of netizens. South Korean  media has selected the actors most likely to win the award as the two  lead actors in Deep Rooted Tree, Han Suk Kyu and Jang Hyuk, Park Shin  Yang of Sign and Soo Ae of A Thousand Days’ Promise.

Currently airing Deep Rooted Tree’s ratings have exceeded 20% mark,  and is one of the top rated drama for SBS this year. Han Suk Kyu who  plays the role of King Sejong in the drama can be considered as skillful  actor, although he has not appeared on TV screen for 16 years, the  acting is not stepping backward but continues to breakthrough forward,  the success of Deep Rooted Tree among viewers in some point has to  credit to his acting, and as such he is the hot pick among many Korean  media prediction. And another lead actor of the same drama Jang Hyuk is  also a candidate to win the Daesang award. In 2011, other than having  good performance in Deep Rooted Tree, his earlier project Midas was also  a high rated and good reputation TV series, undoubted acting made him  an actor loved nationally.

And the first forensic reasoning drama in South Korea, Sign, has been  very popular in 2011. The role of legal examiner played by Park Shin  Yang  has left deep impression on viewers, as he perfectly and vividly  portrayed the image of freak and stubborn man, transforming from the  taste of gentle man in his previous projects.

For female actress, most media speculates that Soo Ae from A Thousand  Days’ Promise will score, although she has two dramas this year  including “Athena: Goddess of War,” and she also performed well as  female spy in Athena: Goddess of War, but her role in A Thousand Days’  Promise who is gradually suffered from Alzheimer’s disease obviously  allowed her to bring out her original colors.

The annual 2011 SBS Drama Awards will be broadcast live at the night of December 31st, 2011.

thanks dear for sharing this article ,, love u blush.gif

really we are the non Korean fans very grateful to the Korean fans who help us with  any updates smile.gif

what can I say , that sure more than 100 % Jang Hyuki will have a prizeS and he is gonna be the king of that night just as Moon geun young last year who won many awards ! 

But really the question is , is he gonna have the Grand prize ??? 

U know guys I am extremely happy even with his nomination for now cuz he is now considered as an actor competing on Grand prize rather than the top excellent award !!!  which is extremely perfect considering everything about him specially at his age .. 

but I do not know why I have the feeling that this grand prize gonna be taken by Han Suk Kyu !!  cuz every where I read comments about each ep , many of people impressed by him ! and his acting is sure good ( and considering what mentioned in the article )  .. but as a JH fan may be I am biased !! so I hope it is to be the second Grand prize for him , if that was the case I am gonna be like w00t.gif KeKeKe ... and JH will have the biggest attention ever as an actor receiving Grand prizes in two consecutive year ! 

As a fan I liked for him midas as well and although I have seen both midas and chuno while watching TWDR , I have never ever had a feeling that he is the same actor !!!! he is really briliant and that is why I liked him soo much ... he did a great effort in Midas so I hate hime to the point I could not imagined to do and then loved him again !!!! he was able to make me belive in his different situations in that drama with his thoughts about every subtle and single details w00t.gif

Oh I am gonna write many lines about his acting !! ok that is for time being NEXT : Soo ae , she dose not have any grand prize yet , and as I watched her drama ,, I did not like it ( I am a Neurologist ) so I am not going to wish her to have the prize and my all respect to her fan .. but its my personal opinion ...

for Park shin yang ! sorry I did not see his drama !! 

Again back to Jang Hyuk .. lets write down our expectation for him ?!!! 

my expectation Grand Prize v.s Top exellent award 

Top ten star awards 

best couple mmmmmmmm ??? what do think ?? lee min jung or Shin Se Kyung   ??? 

I wish lee min jung cuz till the moment Shin Se Kyung  did not show anything toward him .. and what I have seen Chuno and Successful story of bright girl ,, he did suffer from the main female's leads .. but in midas he was the bad guy !! 

Wow it is been long time since writing my thoughts !! thanks soompi and my dear fiends JH oppa fans biggrin.gif

Hello everyone, thanks for all the information and titbits!

Yes I think the Grand prize will got to Han Suk Kyu because he is a veteran in the industry and Tree is his first drama after many years.

By the way Dec 20, is Hyuk's birthday, so please do drop by on that day to send a greeting! ;)

Also if you are watching Deep Rooted Tree, SBS has announced that there will be two special episodes after the ending on next monday and tuesday! :)

horse.jpg