I'm just wondering, is the kid the same kid as previously? Could it be 1 of his sons? If #1 likes soccer, maybe #2 likes boxing like papa...hahaha! If he's not boxing, he looks such a gentleman. But if he's boxing, don't mess with him! :expressionless:

• LOL 1

Hi, I am a non-Korean addicted to Korean dramas. I am so glad I chose watching FTLY and came to know actor Jang Hyuk. It took me the first few episodes to truly admire and fall for him, his looks, everything. There is so much I want to comment and also ask about him. I have been trying to know as much about him in a short period of time. Really desperate!

What I am more intrigued to know is his private life with his family. I really like actors who are married with kids, because I always believe that having one's own family is important, not only to focus on fame and career. Does anyone have any pictures to share of his wife and kids? The only glimpse I could find is the one they took on their wedding day, and couldn't even see his wife's face properly. Being a wife to such a good looking husband that is idolized by so many people, I really wonder how she copes with that. Does she feel jealous or insecure? I really hope and imagine her to be a pretty & attractive lady with good body shape (even after 3 kids) and can give the other actresses a good run for their money. I want Jang Hyuk to still be attracted to her and love her as much as before, despite the temptations thrown at him from outside.

It is sometimes sad to read that he has not much time for his family. Surely his kids need a father figure around and how difficult it is for the wife to parent 3 kids? 

By the way, I think he looks much better in short hair..

• Like 5

Hi @AquariusMYMe too, admire actors who are (faithfully) married.  

Have you watched Dragon Bromance? JH is himself there...I guess you can say, is the real him or almost. From his conversation with his 4 other dragon bros, you can probably conclude he's still very much in love with his wife. 

It's a nice variety programme & I recommend you to watch it (if you haven't).  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

By the way, I think he looks much better in short hair..

Yes I prefer him in short hair too haha..

As for his private life with his family, he is one who prefers to keep that part of his life private, so let's respect his wish and just concentrate on his works instead :)

• Like 5

23 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

What I am more intrigued to know is his private life with his family

Hi , I am equally curious to know about his family too! But like what @Prettysup mentioned, he prefers keeping his family life private and you can read more about his reasons for doing so at https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hancinema.net/why-jang-hyuk-keeps-his-family-life-private-115497-amp.html

• Like 2

@AquariusMYJust sharing with you my thoughts....(it's alittle long tho). 

I think it's very wise of him not to disclose his family. As an actor, he got no choice. He has to have a public image. His public image is subject to criticism, scrutiny, and keyboard warriors are quick to add nasty comments/remarks. While he's been idolised by many of his fans, at the extreme end, there will also be people who dislike him or his work. Take it all in a day's work, he has to bear with it, put up with it, be it praises from the audience or criticism from the audience. Worse of all, unnecessary rumours with female co-stars, all these as part and parcel of his work. 

However, his family (wife and children) are the people dearest to him/closest to his heart. I'm sure he doesn't want his wife and children to be subjected to insults, criticisms, scrutiny from the outside world. I remember once, an actor disclosed his family, and people were quick to comment how ugly his children were. To a parent, their children is most beautiful and precious and imagine how hurt it would be when people unrelated to you, comment that your children is ugly. 

Beautiful is subjective. Some people feel that natural beauty is beautiful while others feel that going under the knife is a must in order to be beautiful. No dispute on this, is just to each his own thinking. Both having been together since 2002, I'm sure what they see in each other is more than just looking at a beautiful face. Their marriage had worked for the past 11 years, surely they would have sorted out the "jealousy" or "insecure" issues (if any).

From all his previous interviews, you can safely say that he's someone who draws the line very clearly between work/family. When he's working, he's that character and he has to do whatever that is in the script in order to bring that character out. When he's home, he's a husband/father. You can search for all his previous interviews if you wish to know more. Although he doesn't disclose pictures of his family, but he did speak about his wife in quite many interviews. Like how they met, how she stood by him during those tough moments of his life....etc. He talks about his children too in some interviews.

I admit I get annoyed when audience ship him with this actress, with that actress. Saying how they're so in love in the drama and how they look good together and should get together in real life. These audience had forgotten that the reason they're so in love in the drama is because the script said so and the actors/actress have to deliver. Have you ever watched a drama in which the "lovers" have no chemistry and makes you want to abandon that drama...? If there's any shipping to do, I only ship him with his wife. She is the one who went through thick and thin, good and bad times with him. 

Hope this sharing makes you feel better....I understand how you feel as I also felt the same at one stage when I just knew about him. If you haven't watched yet...Money Flower, Shine or Go Crazy, Thank You, Beautiful Mind (just to name afew) should keep you busy for awhile. Lol...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@budgerie, thanks a lot for your long message above. I can truly comprehend your thoughts and agree with what you said. When it comes to actors who are married, I have an added sense of admiration for them because these are people who know that life is not just about career and fame. They also appreciate the cycle of life to find someone you love, get married, have children and be happy. I do admire his determination to keep his family private. Who knows, it could be his wife's wishes not to be drawn into the public eye.

Yes, I have started to watch Dragon Club 'Overgrown Bromance' and really enjoyed seeing his real self. Very different from his character in Fated To Love You, where I first learned about him. Good that in these reality shows or variety shows, he doesn't shy away from mentioning his family. What could be worse than not wanting to acknowledge his wife and kids? He certainly balanced things well with letting the audience and fans focus on his work, yet providing snippets or reminders that he does have a family.

I am trying to catch up on 600 pages on this forum. He is indeed keeping himself very occupied with work. Really wonder where he finds the energy and passion, especially where he is such a workout junkie too. Hope he doesn't burn himself out.

I find matured men in their 30s and 40s are just so much better. Those like JH that ages like fine wine are the best!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

I find matured men in their 30s and 40s are just so much better. Those like JH that ages like fine wine are the best!

Agree! I think he looks (more) handsome as he aged. 

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

Yes, I have started to watch Dragon Club 'Overgrown Bromance' and really enjoyed seeing his real self. Very different from his character in Fated To Love You, where I first learned about him. Good that in these reality shows or variety shows, he doesn't shy away from mentioning his family. What could be worse than not wanting to acknowledge his wife and kids? He certainly balanced things well with letting the audience and fans focus on his work, yet providing snippets or reminders that he does have a family.

Infact in most episodes of the show, he does speak about his wife. And I laughed crazy when he got mixed up between latte and vanilla latte at the cafe :lol:

Also, in Dragon Bromance, he read script from time to time, and how the brothers teased him about shooting a drama with his red face. The drama is Money Flower in which he played an Attorney. If you watch Dragon Bromance and Money Flower concurrently, you'll probably be asking yourself if he is the same JH :D his acting is superb, super handsome and smartly dressed. (Gosh! How I miss him as Kang Pil Joo).  

• Like 3

I watch Dragon Bromance with a smile constantly on my face. The conversations are hilarious and poor JH gets all the teasing all the time. It is true, I enjoy parts where the conversations are more personal and I noticed JH always gravitate towards mentioning kids. He said 'That's enough, I am a father of 3 kids', or when he asked the the customer at the tent bar if he has kids (his way of striking a conversation).

I just cannot get enough of him. I hope I can get over this crazy desperate phase soon. Haha!

• Like 3

@AquariusMY:D I think it's not easy to get over  (as you described) this crazy desperate phase. The more you know about him, the more you're drawn to him. He seems to have a magnet that attracts. Thanks to @Prettysupwe have this forum for us to drool over him, admire him, talk about him, know more about him, at the same time, respecting his personal married life. 

If you can read chinese, youku.com and iqiyi have quite a number of his interviews translated in chinese. If I remember correctly, Carefree Traveler and Mom's Diary have chinese translation . If you follow this forum, you will also come across some interviews.

If you want to know more about him, the interview in page 476 of this forum posted by @Prettysupdated 13 April 2018 is a good one. There's part 1 and part 2, the 2nd part he talked more about his wife/children. I actually felt sad (for him) when he said the absence of his wife will be too hard - meaning death in old age. :confounded:

If you're not sure what to watch next after FTLY, I really recommend MF to you. It's not a romance drama so don't look for romance here but go for the acting and for the story. All the cast played their role very well here and of course JH is exceptionally good. A total opposite from Li Gun's character in FTLY. I fall in love with Kang Pil Joo (acted by JH) just looking at his eyes :wub: and in this drama, you get to see JH with his seducing skills (hahaha) :P ok, I've just shown you how crazy I have become because of KPJ. :rolleyes: Definitely not easy to get over this crazy desperate phase. Lol...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

By the way, is there a site to go to watch the full episode with eng sun of the variety show 'Mom's Diary ' or also known as 'My little old boy', where JH is the guest?

Have you tried VIU? (www.viu.com)

It is called " Mom's diary" on that site. Hope it works for you.

https://www.viu.com/ott/sg/en-us/vod/77208/Moms-Diary-2018

• Like 2

@budgerie, Yes I will definitely watch Money Flower to admire his acting skills. I don't think I can watch him in anymore romance drama. It is too much for my weak heart. Thanks for referring me to the interview on page 476. Took a quick read and love his answers! I just can't get enough of this man, especially him in reality shows because he is showing his true self. So goofy and innocent even though he is already in his 40s. I guess men just never grown up fully huh? Haha.

@azureblue7, great let me try to link to Viu!

• Like 2

Ahjussi Crushes: 15 Handsome Actors We Can’t Believe Are Around 40

They say youth is wasted on the young, but not in K-dramas. Dramaland is a place where many older actors still have all the fresh-faced charm and sex appeal they had in their early twenties. Sometimes we have to blink and rub our eyes a little bit. Could that birth date really be right?

Our favorite older actors look just as good as their younger counterparts, but they really win the day when it comes to charisma. Maybe it’s down to hard work and experience. Maybe it’s the effortless sexiness that only maturity can bring. Maybe they’re just superhuman? Whatever it is, we can’t complain, only appreciate. So behold, fellow ahjussi admirers! Here are 15 actors aged (almost) 37 and above who turn our heads every time.

Jang Hyuk

Jang Hyuk will turn 43 on December 20th. He’s telling his cat how much he misses you right now.

jang-hyuk.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343335wpp/ahjussi-crushes-15-handsome-actors-we-cant-believe-are-around-40

• Like 1
  • Love 3