[drama 2004] Firebird/ Phoenix 불새

Guest chibikko

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate miran's character in this series......

All my sister and I could say was "she's so evil"

I love the story line...it hasn't been overdone. Cant wait to watch the next episode...still d/ling 18.

Just about to watch 17...it is so good.

Guest Brooklyn

warning: spoilers ahead...

seriously, when i first watched this drama i was so excited...

not only because eric was in it but the story looked promising

but then as i continued watching it, my excitement fizzled out...

what a waste of a totally promising storyline...

first, the series could have done better if it was cut to 18 to 20 episodes or even less...

halfway thru the series til the end i could not fathom why the writer/s insisted

on cramming the drama w/ chance encounters between sae hoon and ji eun when they had

obviously nothing left to talk about so they resorted to rehashing over and over and over

again how they were never meant to be in the first place...

and you would think that w/ the amount of time they spent convincing themselves and each other

and the viewers that they were not meant for each other, they would not end up together...

but no.... in a totally rushed ending (as if the writers and the PD didn't have enough time w/ 26 episodes), they still ended up together...just like that...

JHY's acting must be commended though. the role of Mi-ran was a badly written part but she still managed

to portray it w/ control and as much subtlety as she could muster when that role

was obviously written for the actress to ham it out.

Eric also managed to pull thru despite the illogic and the inconsistencies of his character...

he gradually improved throughout the series...

LSJ was as usual competent but rather uninspired. i still liked him better in damo.

he looked kinda ill-at-ease in this drama as if he was also confused as to the direction

his character was taking and the drama as a whole...

same w/ LEJ, it was an adept but unremarkable performance. she should have taken the part of the villainess. but i can't blame the leads, they could only do so much w/ the material they were given.

despite what i've said though, i generally liked this drama up to ep 18 except for those totally useless and superfluous scenes meant as fillers and comic-reliefs...it was towards the end of ep 18 until the last ep that the inconsistencies became more apparent in its frequency and severity w/c totally ruined what could have been a good drama.

speaking of inconsistencies, i would like to ask again...anybody knows what the hell happened to bok-ja?

for such a central character in the life of the female lead to disappear w/out trace or explanation best sums up what happened to this drama... :(

^SPOLIER!!!! - bok ja married the sun bae (the "brotherly like" guy to sae hoon) and had kids.

it kind of dragged a bit and some parts were not needed, but overall this drama was promising and the ending was the best i have to say. seriously, this is like one of a kind love story. there's nothing like this. [:

Guest Pyoungsang

^SPOLIER!!!! - bok ja married the sun bae (the "brotherly like" guy to sae hoon) and had kids.

No ... you are mistaken. Ji Eun's sister marries "sun bae" and have kids. We don't know what happened to Bok Ja. Probably as lonely as ever.

No ... you are mistaken. Ji Eun's sister marries "sun bae" and have kids. We don't know what happened to Bok Ja. Probably as lonely as ever.

I can remeber in which episode but it did mentioned that Bok ja was sent to Australia for an assigment for a few years.

I can remeber in which episode but it did mentioned that Bok ja was sent to Australia for an assigment for a few years.

Altho' I'm not sure if this was what really happened to 'Bok-ja', I'm happy to read yflow's clarification. Thank you, yflow.

warning: spoilers ahead...

what a waste of a totally promising storyline...

first, the series could have done better if it was cut to 18 to 20 episodes or even less...

halfway thru the series til the end i could not fathom why the writer/s insisted

on cramming the drama w/ chance encounters between sae hoon and ji eun when they had

obviously nothing left to talk about so they resorted to rehashing over and over and over

again how they were never meant to be in the first place...

Not so sure whether you know this, but this drama was first published as 16 eps, then 20 and then 24. Because the next going to be shown drama got delayed, this drama dragged another 2 and eventually stopped at 26. PHEW!!

When I held a Half-Time Scoreline for this drama during its airing, many of us gave it a 8 or 9. But when it was over, I could not give it more than 7.5. But this drama still brings back a lot of beautiful and funny memories to me.

As Lee Seo Jin being uninspired, I'm not so sure about that because he was my inspiration and the source of my strength to continue watching this drama, else my heart would have been broken to thousand pieces :D ha..ha..ha. OK... I have to admit also that the ladies here were my strength to continue watching else I had given up on this drama. :)

Guest LuVsTaR

i thought this drama was really good.......at first i only wanted to watch this cause i heard that Eric was in there but after a while of watching this drama....it was addicting....i love it but i think that the ending was too plain though....i think cuz i've seen too much asian movies with similar endings......i totally didn't like the way Eric look at the end of this drama...

****Spoilers ahead*****

I was only able to make it through these 26 painful eps because of LEJ

50 minutes out of each 60 min episode seemed to involve either flashbacks to stuff said 5 minutes earlier or some 1 on 1 hilltop conversation where alot of words were spoken but nothing was said

Instead of rushing the ending(I watch 26 eps of them going back and forth with each other to catch 60 secs of them finally reuniting at the end?) why not cut out some of the 15+ minutes of the pyscho ex-gf Miran,whose character should have been stopped somewhere around episode 13,at the start of the final episode instead

What kind of ending was that anyway?

They build up Sae-Hoon and Ji-Eun as somehow destined lovers for 20+ episodes with these long conversations and teary-eyed looks.People willing to take bullets,lose their buisness,call off the search of their fathers killer etc,only to get rid of every obstacle keeping them apart and just say "screw it the time still isn't right let's wait another 3 years for no real reason"

I thought the one thing Ji-Eun said was keeping them apart was that that she blamed him for her fathers death? Heck she didn't even apologize to him

Jung-Min not only keeps the secret about knowing what really happened to her father,he kidnaps her to hold her as ransom after she finds out the truth.And then she's actually rushing to the airport to say goodbye to him?

What kind of ending was that anyway?

They build up Sae-Hoon and Ji-Eun as somehow destined lovers for 20+ episodes with these long conversations and teary-eyed looks.People willing to take bullets,lose their buisness,call off the search of their fathers killer etc,only to get rid of every obstacle keeping them apart and just say "screw it the time still isn't right let's wait another 3 years for no real reason"

I thought the one thing Ji-Eun said was keeping them apart was that that she blamed him for her fathers death? Heck she didn't even apologize to him

I think the reason why it was not the good timing for them not to be together was because of the death of Miran, as she was Ji Eun's best friend (before her obsession with Sae Hoon) and Sae Hoon's ex-fiance. Despite Miran's despicable behaviour, they did not want her to die....That's why time was needed to gather them in the end. Well, that is my understanding. what do you think?

Regarding Ji Eun's father death, she did not blame Sae hoon for his death but she did not want to hurt her mother's feelings again because she thought her father's death is because of her, that 's it. So she needn't apologize for that. Actually she did apologize for the way her parents' behaviour towards Sae Hoon who was glad to hear her apologies.

^^ Ahh~ It's sooo frickin goood.

First I was just watching it cuz hottie Eric was in it. But AHHH~ the whole thing is fantastico.

I'm only like on the sixth episode though soo...

Archived