[drama 2004] Firebird/ Phoenix 불새

Guest chibikko

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Bool Sae angel is reporting in...

This drama is very specal to me because I got to know a lot of wonderful ladies enjoying this drama together. Such a great time we had together at that time.

I miss Lee Eun Joo so much. I still can't believe that we can't see her anymore. Such a loss... :(

Great poster from another Bool Sae angel, zurae...

andiloveyouso6.jpg

Jang Se hoon... :wub: :wub:

lees_1616257521.jpg

sleepingsh.jpg

sh9.jpg

uturtr.jpg

ffgdfffgd.jpg

tryrturturtu.jpg

Guest rainy75

From the original Bool Sae thread

people_img_01.jpg

kang se-hoon (24-34 yrs old)

actor: lee suh jin

as a chauffeur, se-hoon's father raised se-hoon alone without a mother.

to se-hoon, his father was everything and he wanted to become a respectful and successful person that his father wanted him to be.

but during highschool, se-hoon lost his father and become an orphan. he worked at a gas station for living and earned scholarships for school.

one day, se-hoon meets lee ji-eun, a woman who comes from a background completely different from his, and he falls into her childlike charms.

but se-hoon understands the reality that a girl like her cannot be happy with a guy like him so he refuses her, but he eventually opens his heart up

to her unreserved love.. however as he predicted, married life with him is unbearable to her and she leaves him.

afterwards, with the decision to forget everything that happened in korea, se-hoon gets on the flight bound for new york.

and in new york, he acquires the name 'william kang', and begins to chase the tough road that is the american dream.

ten years pass by and se-hoon returns to korea, but the ji-eun he once married is no longer the same woman.

meanwhile, se-hoon feels responsible for mi-ran who became disabled instead of him during an accident.

and se-hoon learns that jung-min, the son of his boss is in love with ji-eun.

se-hoon who came from nothing but put everything he had in line for ji-eun...

and their youthful love that turned into a ten-year bittersweet emotion... can se-hoon finally let her go..

people_img_02.jpg

lee ji-eun (22-32 yrs old)

actress: lee eun joo

during her summer break from boston university, ji-eun meets se-hoon in korea and falls in love with him at first sight.

despite objection from family ji-eun sets her goal on marrying se-hoon and she becomes pregnant with his child.

they marry like she wanted but the reality of living poor hits ji-eun hard and after an argument with se-hoon, she falls from a staircase accidently and loses the baby.

ji-eun realizes love is not enough to live on alone and packs her bag to leave. when she finds out se-hoon is leaving for new york possible for good,

ji-eun tries to run after him but her father who is running after her to stop her for making the same mistake twice gets hit by a car and dies.

10 years pass by.

at age 32 with a divorce behind her ji-eun has changed.

with the death of her father ji-eun finds herself financially responsible for her household.

ji-eun becomes an aid to the disabled and on that humble salary she raises her mother who suffers from diabetes and her immature sister.

and a new love finds her. she meets jung-min and without reservation he draws closer to her.

but admist this, se-hoon, whom she tried to forget but could not forget stands in front of her again...

people_img_04.jpg

yoon mi-ran (22-32 yrs old)

actress: jung hye young

as the daughter of a successful realestate agent, mi-ran does not have much to show for except for her wealth.

she has for a long time harbored an inferiority complex against ji-eun, but against anyone else she feels she is better off.

at a certain christmas party in america, mi-ran meets se-hoon and decides she will make him her man.

she rides in the car with se-hoon and they get into an accident, leaving her paralyzed and unable to walk.

afterwards, se-hoon and mi-ran become engaged, not out of love but out of responsibility, and mi-ran returns to korea with se-hoon.

then when she learns ji-eun is se-hoon's ex-wife, mi-ran holds onto se-hoon even tighter, hiding the truth that her legs have returned their feeling and she may be able to walk again.

people_img_03.jpg

suh jung min (32 yrs old)

actor: eric

son of powerful suh-rin group's owner. he is also known as the suh-rin 'prince'.

he has a dazzling background, gorgeous appearance, classy manner, and on top of it all he is a connoisseur of all sports.

in short, jung-min is a man who has it all. a graduate of famed boston university, everyone expects a lot from him.

but.. an accident happens while he goes skiing and he loses his twin brother jung-in tragically.

jung-min believes he could have prevented his brother's death and jung-min is troubled by this feeling of guilt and sorrow.

though he has it all he has lost himself...

however one day...

he meets ji-eun whose arrival seems like fate.

(credit: dramaok , the original Bool Sae thread)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sjmao200404011205370.jpg

eric getting drunk on beer. his character meets lee eun joo when she slaps him, thinking he is his twin brother.

320040326_9356850.jpg

lee eun joo and lee suh jin shoot a 'kiss scene' that leads to a bedscene in jeju island hotel

sjmao200403251155400.jpg

lee eun joo - lee suh jin 'hot blues'...

lee eun joo and lee suh jin were on location at a nightclub in seoul's kang-nam district

on 3.20.04 to shoot a scene in which the characters meet at night club and express their attraction

to each other through a romantic dance. the scene will be broadcasted on 4.6.04 during the 2nd episode of new drama 'bool sae - firebird'.

(credit: dramaok)

==========================================================

shirley came up with something interesting, about wat makes a member of boolsae-ism.. i thot it'd be funny if u put it in the first page of the thread..

its too funny!

Guest aussie

AN UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT FROM THE MADNESS THAT WAS BOOL SAE LAST YEAR!

SHIRLEY'S TRIBUTE TO WINGY BEAR!

WINGY'S LAST THOUGHTS. [courtesy of the old Bool Sae thread at soompi.]

WINGY THE YELLOW BLUSHING BEAR :[as it watch .ji eun started throwing the clothes jung min brought ]

hm...must be either the guy dump her or she dump the guy ..they always do that , throw away all things they have got as gifts .......such a pity , should have send to charity ........[then see ji eun looking at it .strangely .....wingy felt a sense of unease ]

she is not thinking what i am thinking , is she .......I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT MAN ...he just put a blanket over me , and we spend a night sleeping beside each other , and he fed me cherry and .......YES , he did hug me very tightly ..BUT THERE IS SERIOUSLY NOTHING BETWEEN US .

NO~~ dont come near me ..........think of the times we spend together . because of a MAN , you are doing this to me .NO~~~~~~~

.........[but it was no use ........ji eun looked at it and remember jung min ]

outside ....wingy sit there watching her burn the photos ...wingy felt terror ...as it watch the fire burn ........

she wont do this to me , will she ...

wingy cannot move and can only sit there staring at the fire and at that woman as she wept ........and wingy know ....IT WILL BE NEXT ............and hence it last words to its fellow teddies :

fellow teddy bear ..........as i await my fate ....to be one of the few teddy bear ever burn in kdrama history . please learnt from my lesson , do not be cast in any kdrama before you know the plot .........we are no longer the huggable , kissable and cute teddy bears ......they are doing horrible things to us .........and especially if you are yellow . try to dye it in traditional colors of teddies ....they tend to spare those ...........and remember . dont get yourself too involved in the leads love affair , when they separate .evil things happen to you .....like what is happening to ME ..............

farewell to this world of injustice and sorrow ........may i be reborn as no longer a teddy bear .....

and it burn ...........in the fire

[if wingy has crying mechanism , it will be crying buckets ]

=

for that i will give it the BEST ACTING BEAR AWARD ....

wingy.gif

WINGY, WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xosandy

i love this drama esp. the cast members and storyline. such a depressing and emotional drama. i have to carry my tissue box each time i rewatch it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest .:LaUrEn.:

i desperatey want that teddy bears!!!!!

lol i bought it when i was in korea cuz of this drama. ^_^

ahhhhhh i wanna watch it again. great story, great cast. and eric was just soooooooo friggin mushisuh!!! :wub:

i didnt like this drama...a bit draggy and the plot is not fantastic...i watched simply because eric is in it...oh he is soooo cute

Guest adikkeluangman

My home just aired this drama. I love LSJ. He smiles and dimples. :) Yummy. Just watching 4 episode rite now. So don't yet into Eric mode or something. But diffenetly love LSJ.

Guest rainy75

Does anyone have episode summaries from this series?

errrr... we used to have them .. before the big soompi crash .. :unsure:

now ... i only manage to salvage some episodes ... n it's not complete so i didnt post it up.

let me know if u still want them ... :)

Guest appledapple

errrr... we used to have them .. before the big soompi crash .. :unsure:

now ... i only manage to salvage some episodes ... n it's not complete so i didnt post it up.

let me know if u still want them ... :)

i would love to see whatever you have ^________^ thank you !!!

Guest rainy75

Does anyone has the lyrics for the songs in Firebird?

Konglish and translation please.

u can find some here .. it used to be in this thread b4 tht big crash ... after the crash ... i reposted it in Lee Seo Jin Thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=867&st=20

I'll post later .. when i'm back home. It's in my home pc.

Yes I would love to have any episode guide of Bool Sae especially towards the ending coz I miss here and there . Or could someone answer these questions ?

Why did Eric turn bad in this drama ?

Why did Lee Eun Joo broke off with him , I thought eric loves her a lot ?

What happen to Eric in the end ?

Archived